It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Button Will You Push?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think I'd have to go with yellow. There's that whole definition of evil thing to it, but, since I'm pressing the button, it would have to be my personal definitions of evil activity as well as my ideal of a peaceful altruistic society. So, there'd still be a lot of parties. Way more even.

The problem with the yellow button is that no-one CAN do wrong after it's pushed. Not that you would want them to, but, there's that whole Stepford quality of things which is somewhat evil in itself. Horror movies and much of story-based entertainment would lose appeal as antagonism as we know it would no longer be a possibility.

But, like others have said, I couldn't press the other two buttons, knowing for the rest of my life that I could have prevented the bad from happening with a push of a button. There's no other choice really.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Imagine you are in the company of the Grand Architect of existence. You are shown a board containing three buttons; one green, one yellow and one purple. After being briefed on what each button represents, you are informed that you will be able to press one button and one button only. You have exactly ten minutes to decide which button you will press. If you have not pressed a button after the duration, plant Earth and all the creatures on it (including you) will cease to exist. You will never be presented with this opportunity again.

The buttons are as follows:

[color=lightgreen]Green button:
All knowledge about the nature of reality and the history of the universe will be automatically learned and accessible for recall. You may share this knowledge with others, but you may not profit directly from the knowledge that was granted to you.

Yellow button:
All instances of evil and negativity will be removed from planet Earth and there will be global peace, prosperity and altruism forever. The planet will be secure from any external threats. There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict.

Purple button:
You will return to your normal life where you are given a special lottery ticket that guarantees you are the sole winner of $50,000,000. You will be afforded all the advantages and downfalls that come with winning such a large some of money.

Which button will you push?

Yellow, duh.

Too live you don't need money (skip purple) especially because yellow says we all live in prosperity...

What to do with all knowledge? You'd get crazy. The option doesn't include you're able to do anything with it but just stare and think. Maybe an untold part of the deal is you'll start living a physical life like Hawking, or you can't cope with the knowledge, can't organise it in your brain, can't utilize it.

So yellow it is, all problems solved. No knowledge or cash needed. Rules out the other two options.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Green.

Yellow might sound nice, but the terms under which all that takes place aren't spelled out. Global peace under threat of death wouldn't be nice for most people, but it could be called "peace". Prosperity for who? All? Some? "Global" isn't clear, and could mean some in all places, without meaning all in all places. Plus, is it prosperity if all have exactly the same? Altruism does sound good, if it was for literally all. Again, though, "global" could mean in all places, but not for all people. NO risk of conflict isn't much of a statement, if there was some means of simply killing instantly anyone that those in charge didn't like. No conflict there!

Purple sounds really nice, but the "downfalls" could be really bad. Massive threats to your family for ransom, no real friends, taxes....oh, the taxes! Now, tax-free, and nice and secure, that one might work. With guaranteed downfalls, though, it's rigged.

So, green is the only sensible option. All knowledge would be a bit overwhelming, but no one would be able to lie anymore. No deception, when all can know! Plus, there could be indirect profit from such knowledge. Knowing how to do certain things better, for example, wouldn't be "direct profit", but could work out nicely.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hawking

Really? Bill Gates is a philanthropist and he's worth 66 billion as of September this year.

Are you really gonna out-philanthropy people like Gates and Oprah with 50 mil?

If he was a real one, he wouldn't charge so much for crappy products that are replaced regularly.

I don't know a single person either of them has helped. I know lots of people that have little money.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
The buttons are as follows:

[color=lightgreen]Green button:
All knowledge about the nature of reality and the history of the universe will be automatically learned and accessible for recall. You may share this knowledge with others, but you may not profit directly from the knowledge that was granted to you.

Yellow button:
All instances of evil and negativity will be removed from planet Earth and there will be global peace, prosperity and altruism forever. The planet will be secure from any external threats. There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict.

Purple button:
You will return to your normal life where you are given a special lottery ticket that guarantees you are the sole winner of $50,000,000. You will be afforded all the advantages and downfalls that come with winning such a large some of money.

Which button will you push?

Wow...I kind of like that...

Three questions, with seemingly good answers; however...

All three are traps! And can not lead to anything positive...

And so many never thought any of this through...

Green: All knowledge...wow what a great boon! Except, if I use any of that knowledge to actually "help" humanity; I would derive direct benefit from it, and that isn't allowed.

Yellow: Would remove all reason to evolve, and become "better" as it would not seem necessary...except that; in that very moment; the Human species would die in a spiritual sense. There would be nothing to strive toward; no reason to evolve. When One stops growing; they begin to die.

Purple: Perhaps the most useful of the three options...at least with the $50 mil One could use the resource to attempt to make a difference...even if small. But, in the end; probably "too little, too late".

How bout yall just give me a decent job, and a good education; I'll try to make to most of it

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its tough between green and yellow

but knowledge for all if evil still exists could be manipulated.

I'd remove evil, but then again, with evil it gives people a choice on how to act, and people being the same may not be a good thing.
edit on 1-6-2014 by Enlighten3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2014 by Enlighten3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'd press Purple. Only because I view Green as pointless, and Yellow as boring.

The green button is broken, its almost as if once you press it, you immediately die. The rule going as such "you may not profit". Certainly, if you gain knowledge of something, it is stored as memory. Naturally, you will come to any situation or topic that requires you to repossess your memories. It shouldn't work because as a human being, you learn as you go, and can remember what is bad for you and what is good. Another thing, is the knowledge omniscient? Otherwise lets assume its the gift of knowing everything that is in the past.

Lets say, you have knowledge on how to roll a dice to make it land on a certain number. What will prevent you from accomplishing this? The "Grand Company"? Even so, what is beneficial from making dice land on a number? (Assuming you are not trying to benefit yourself.) Another thing, the knowledge of fixing a broken pipe is pointless because you cannot use it to fix your pipe. What about knowledge that you already have? If I already knew how to fix my broken pipe, then my own knowledge shouldn't work if I cannot benefit from anything ever.

Teachers are paid to teach. So is it possible I can benefit from teaching my knowledge? Or simply by sharing my knowledge to someone on how to fix my broken pipes, will it still count as being beneficial?

Yellow is boring because then everyone would be almost equal to every extent. The reason why there is negativity in this world is because there are differences between every individual. Everyone can't win, someone has to be better than the best (and when somebody cannot be better than someone, they lead themselves into things like cheating or taking other routes at being special). Just because we learn to be selfless, doesn't mean everyone will accept the idea of not being good at helping other people. We will no longer be humans if we are all the same.

As for EVIL, I cannot understand if there is actual beings who are very most focused on eliminating our existence. Killing people is not evil (because people do it for safety or joy, sometimes just because they have to.), unless your killing for absolutely no reason.

Yay, 50 million dollars. I could live my life in peace, and only use just about 3 million and donate the rest.
Unless some tragic accident suppose to happen because I have so much money.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I first figured I would press yellow. But after deep thought I think I would press the Purple button.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

1 would push the green button and use the all knowledge allowed to alert others of what happens to them when behaving evol in flesh/Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy environment suit when they transition from e-suits. Then once they realize what happens during the death phases of life and death within EXISTENCE we should all be better off unless some still wish to face the eternal consequences...

Good question

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join