Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Which Button Will You Push?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Imagine you are in the company of the Grand Architect of existence. You are shown a board containing three buttons; one green, one yellow and one purple. After being briefed on what each button represents, you are informed that you will be able to press one button and one button only. You have exactly ten minutes to decide which button you will press. If you have not pressed a button after the duration, plant Earth and all the creatures on it (including you) will cease to exist. You will never be presented with this opportunity again.

The buttons are as follows:

[color=lightgreen]Green button:
All knowledge about the nature of reality and the history of the universe will be automatically learned and accessible for recall. You may share this knowledge with others, but you may not profit directly from the knowledge that was granted to you.

Yellow button:
All instances of evil and negativity will be removed from planet Earth and there will be global peace, prosperity and altruism forever. The planet will be secure from any external threats. There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict.

Purple button:
You will return to your normal life where you are given a special lottery ticket that guarantees you are the sole winner of $50,000,000. You will be afforded all the advantages and downfalls that come with winning such a large some of money.

Which button will you push?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

GREEN!!!!!!

I dont give a rats about the human race. (tonight anyway...mabye tommorow i wil think differently)
edit on 5-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Oooh good thread..me the green button because with all that knowledge I could bring about ending wars and such.
2nd
edit on 5-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If you just push the yellow one you probably won't miss the 50,000,000 very much...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Oooh good thread..me the green button because with all that knowledge I could bring about ending wars and such and also make a ton of cash in the process

He said you can't profit directly from the knowledge if you hit green

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
YELLOW!

All that green knowledge would most likely cause me heart ache - especially knowing I could have changed things on Earth for everyone.

Purple would be pointless - after my yellow option - I'm sure we would ALL have great lives.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Oooh good thread..me the green button because with all that knowledge I could bring about ending wars and such.
2nd

Or you could just press yellow?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
None. Humans? Existing? Does not bode well no matter what we are given.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Nah I want to know everything and then travel the world telling people what I have found.....a modern day Jesus

I like doing things the hard way

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I am being honest. I will push purple, and then set about becoming the worlds greatest philanthropist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I am being honest. I will push purple, and then set about becoming the worlds greatest philanthropist

Really? Bill Gates is a philanthropist and he's worth 66 billion as of September this year.

Are you really gonna out-philanthropy people like Gates and Oprah with 50 mil?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

Nah I want to know everything and then travel the world telling people what I have found.....a modern day Jesus

I like doing things the hard way

Would be pretty cool - ALthough I'd take the self sacrifice and save humanity! lol

Nice to know who you can rely on aye

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
After some thought, I reckon I'd hit purple.
I figure we're all going to die of something someday, whether it's war, over population or whatever. Might as well enjoy my time before that happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Mind you Iam in a funny mood today so If I was asked the question tmr I may push a different button.
2nd

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

2nd

Or you could just press yellow?

I wouldn't want to live in a candy coated mushy fluffy nice world either.

I would choose green, share the info and let the world evolve on its own.

Evil and negativity do have their place in the balance though.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Green, obviously.

Humans are depraved and selfish (i am human). Also, earth kind doesn't deserve to be saved; one must save himself.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by hotel1

Really? Bill Gates is a philanthropist and he's worth 66 billion as of September this year.

Are you really gonna out-philanthropy people like Gates and Oprah with 50 mil?

I would attempt to equal, or better the individuals through ethical investment accumulation, and reinvestment in continuing good works. Maybe I would not achieve this but the trying is as important as the ultimate end, at least it is to me anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Gotta say, I like the thread.

3 doors

Esoteric

Spiritual

Material

I would personally choose the spiritual "button", as it would end up bringing forth the most benefit to humanity.

Materialism option is tempting(though the dollar amount should be higher to really bring the point home), but would lack in substance. Easy come, easy go, but the after-effects of that insta-cash would probably do the materialist person more harm than good.

Esoteric option is nice, but with the level of corruption on the world now, you would be speaking to deaf crowds and showing to blind masses. Most esoteric knowledge would probably go (I'd be willing to bet) against the status quo, and you'd probably be locked up in a government vault, or in a coffin before any change would ever occur.

Great thread!

X

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yellow

If all the evil and negative would be removed, then we also have idealistic approach of the green button too and respect the nature without doing harm to it. Exploitation of nature is evil.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ummmmmmmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Green. With all the knowledge I could bring to happen and purple woul become irrelevent IMHO.
Great thread wish I'd thought of it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join