It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Button Will You Push?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Surely no one picked Purple. I think if you pushed the Green button, the 'Yellow button scenario' would be easily achievable?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm surprised that everyone picked anything BUT purple.

Free will, self-determination is one of the greatest things we (as a species) has. To impose enlightenment or to eradicate all evil (highly subjective) disregards free will and removes the oppourtunity for growth based on OUR will.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Purple.

Reason? If I don't press ANY button, Earth would cease to exist. So I have to press "A" button.

The purple button would be the least intrusive towards the self-determination of the race of humanity. If we are to achieve growth, enlightenment, harmony with the universe, then it should happen on our scale and not some supreme beings schedule.

Please expand. I don't see how Green or Yellow could imply 'the earth to cease to exist" ?????

.......... Ok i just read that for the third time. You're right. We should do it on our schedule. But still, please xpand if you could?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

True growth has to come from within. An outside influence forcing or imposing growth (regardless of the benefits) would be artificial.

You can't force spiritual growth. It's like forcing someone to become catholic or Islamic. Any attempt and superficial success would be a lie, thus negating the inherent benefits of the imposed enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Artificial. I'm un-educated, but why would you pick Purple?

Quote OP:
Purple button:
You will return to your normal life where you are given a special lottery ticket that guarantees you are the sole winner of $50,000,000. You will be afforded all the advantages and downfalls that come with winning such a large some of money.

I don't know how much money you have. But I know if you've heard of "Mo money, mo problems."

Why Purple?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
reply to post by beezzer

Artificial. I'm un-educated, but why would you pick Purple?

Quote OP:
Purple button:
You will return to your normal life where you are given a special lottery ticket that guarantees you are the sole winner of $50,000,000. You will be afforded all the advantages and downfalls that come with winning such a large some of money.

I don't know how much money you have. But I know if you've heard of "Mo money, mo problems."

Why Purple?

Purple, because under the auspices of the "challenge" I had to pick a button or all of humanity would perish.

So I chose the only button that would not impose an influence over humanity.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Green button:

All knowledge about the nature of reality and the history of the universe will be automatically learned and accessible for recall. You may share this knowledge with others, but you may not profit directly from the knowledge that was granted to you.

This one. I'm a hopeless masochist.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Purple because surely with that much money something could be changed, if even locally...

just imagine changing one kids life who goes on to become a doctor who then saves another persons life that ends up becoming a billionaire who works to better humankind...COMPLETELY irrelevant! But it sounds nice. And that's what I intended.
because thats what i'd be trying to do with that kind of money...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Considering that you advised me that I can not make profit off of the button allowing me all of the knowledge, which would have been my first choice, I will have to pick the Purple Button. This is what bank accounts are for.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think the topic itself asks a question and he will answer them. The man is sick in childhood, and he gets immunity. Insulate a person from all threats and he dies ...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I would push yellow, dont you all want a better for your descendents?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is someone trying to push my buttons
Go right ahead, I won't let it bother me.

Not the green button, If I press that one I will not have any need to learn more and life will become boring

The yellow button....Good luck with that, it'll never work

Win the lottery of fifty million and I may forget the good in life, things I cherish. It would be stressful for me to possess that much money, with needy people getting pissed because I will not give them money even though their needs are really wants. Keep the money I'll not press any of these buttons.
edit on 3-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I would choose yellow if I thought it were possible...but I believe there's a balance between dark and light that must be maintained.

~Jennifer

So, I would choose green and try my hardest to document all the knowledge I received and share it with the world.
edit on 2/7/2013 by jcutler12888
edit on 2/7/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
YELLOW.In a hearbeat.I have children,for whom i of course would want the happiest future outcome.Also,i figure good luck with the first option-trying to share the knowledge you were given with people,the way things are now-most would tell you that you're schizo+should rush to a shrink.In my country,where everything HAS to be a rip-off,that amount in the 3rd option would likely not go all that far.Main thing:I am tired of seeing all the hatred,the fear,the pettiness,the materialism+selfishness,the callous disregard with which nature and animals are treated.Above all,i am SICK of seeing the rape,torture,brutalising and murder of children.I am so appalled at That, that some days i feel like puking nonstop till i die,it fills me with a sick misery i cannot even explain in human words.There is not an amount of money nor gold,diamonds or valuables on this planet or any other,that would conceivably be more valuable than a safe and peaceful life for the children,all children,no knowledge is more precious.YELLOW.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I understand exactly what you're saying. I have a five-year-old daughter and if I thought they yellow button option were possible at all, I would choose it. But I simply don't believe it's possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What about not pushing a button? You are then forcing the Grand Architect to eradicate the reality he has created and trapped us in. Maybe then, human kind will be truly free, broken of this dimension/reality/plane of existence.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would choose Green so that I could teach people how to achieve the Yellow button without actually pushing it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Imagine you are in the company of the Grand Architect of existence.

There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict.

Depends what you mean by Grand Architect of existence.
If you are referring to God, then green & purple would have
no use.
"There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict" -that would have
to be clarified.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is a great poll you

I'm reasonably content as is, I don't think omnipotence is all it's hyped up to be.

I would pick yellow, only if it means giving a sizable part of the world back to nature.

Although it would be nice to have an extra 50,000,000. I could practically buy my own reserve of land and be content for the rest of my day's.

I'm awesome like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Easily green tbh. Yellow would be kind of boring, you need ying and yang in the world. As for purple, I wouldn't mind $50,000,00, but I'd much rather have all the knowledge of the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join