It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: A Satanic Holiday

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

Ok forget the bible. Satan as he was originally was not evil. He was the one who brought judgement onto mortals for god. Then he left because he didn't see eye to eye with the dude upstairs. Neither are good and neither are evil. They are different sides of the same coin. Kinda like Obama and Romney ...just less evil.

edit on 1-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

intellectual cloud guided you into quitting.

If my "intellectual cloud" guides me into doing something, it's probably for a very good reason. Most of the time, people get hurt when they DON'T use their brain.

Christians, how have you not blown yourselves up by now? Surely you would have ignored your intellect to the point that you'd drop a toaster in the bath or something, right? Seriously...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

Originally posted by syrinx2112
You said you prayed to be saved and it did not happen, how did you come to that conclusion? Or were you unaware that you were probably 3 feet from gold and you just gave up?

Failure is 100% guaranteed when:
1. Inaction is all you give.
2. Stopping when your 3 feet from gold, because your minds fears, doubts, intellectual cloud guided you into quitting.

Of course that's just me. And no man, you don't have to answer my question. Well, hope you enjoyed your Halloween as I did...

Thanks for your time bud...
I love that answer. "Well, if you weren't saved as per the way I think you should have been, that must mean YOU screwed up somehow." I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you refuse to acknowledge the possibility that, just perhaps, your "pray and Jesus will save you" rhetoric is wrong.
edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: (no reason given)

I will acknowledge if I understand. Please explain to me bud. I'm not sure what you meant, what do you think I don't acknowledge?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Happy new year everyone!!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Allow me to translate: "Oh, it didn't work. Well, obviously that doesn't mean I was wrong, so that means YOU screwed up!"

As opposed to, "Oh, crap...maybe I was wrong?" But no, you can't admit defeat because that defeats the purpose of being a stubborn Christian intellectual wannabe.

I think that's what he said.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

In gratitude for the random lulz, I give you a star, good sir.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If my "intellectual cloud" guides me into doing something, it's probably for a very good reason. Most of the time, people get hurt when they DON'T use their brain.

Christians, how have you not blown yourselves up by now? Surely you would have ignored your intellect to the point that you'd drop a toaster in the bath or something, right? Seriously...

My post got removed the other night and all I was doing was defending the American people against some fool who said the East Coast deserved the damage done by Hurricane Sandy, yet this person is allowed to talk trash like this without their post getting removed?

What's going on here, mods? So, if I had agreed with that person the other night and claimed also that the East Coast deserved everything they got, then my post would have remained? A bit ridiculous, don't you think?

I would like for a mod to send me a private message explaining to me why my post the other night was removed, yet posts like this are allowed to remain. Explain to me why a post defending innocent victims of a hurricane was removed, yet a post like this, which has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween and its evil origins, is allowed to remain.

edit on 1-11-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I will acknowledge if I understand. Please explain to me bud. I'm not sure what you meant, what do you think I don't acknowledge?

When I said that my prayers for salvation, which were driven by more sincerity and honest hope and longing than I can put in to words, went unanswered, you blamed me. You stated that it was MY fault your god chose to ignore me. You just can fathom, can you, that perhaps the reason my prayers went unanswered is because your god doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Because the intellectuals are defending Halloween as a holiday, and someone is insulting our intellectual mindsets. So I explained exactly how being "intelligent" can be useful. Like not getting toasters wet.

And not sound like an idiot when you accuse Halloween of being Satanic. Besides, I'm not even talking to you. Why are you upset?

edit on 1-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

My post got removed the other night and all I was doing was defending the American people against some fool who said the East Coast deserved the damage done by Hurricane Sandy, yet this person is allowed to talk trash like this without their post getting removed?

What's going on here, mods? So, if I had agreed with that person the other night and claimed also that the East Coast deserved everything they got, then my post would have remained? A bit ridiculous, don't you think?

I would like for a mod to send me a private message explaining to me why my post the other night was removed, yet posts like this are allowed to remain. Explain to me why a post defending innocent victims of a hurricane was removed, yet a post like this, which has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween and its evil origins, is allowed to remain.

edit on 1-11-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

Let me revise as the term I carefully placed is getting misunderstood, I think.

First of all nobody should want to be "guided" by an intellectual **cloud**.

Cloud means a fog, can't see through.....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

When I said that my prayers for salvation, which were driven by more sincerity and honest hope and longing than I can put in to words, went unanswered, you blamed me. You stated that it was MY fault your god chose to ignore me. You just can fathom, can you, that perhaps the reason my prayers went unanswered is because your god doesn't exist?

My apologies for lack of comm on my end. Seriously...

No... what I meant is this. Maybe you just stopped and you were so close bud.. That's all.
No by no means man did I mean anything bad. If you took that, I am sorry bro.. Seriously...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Exactly how does intellect cloud someone? Last I knew, in a battle between faith and intellect, faith isn't the one that's driven by facts and concrete data...

That's not a cloud, that's a car. Faith is the cloud where you don't have to worry about anything, you just drift along and trust you're not about to go over a cliff...because in my experience, trusting my life to the fates as worked really well.

Hint: life has a sick sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There's a difference between lack of encouragement, and abundance of logic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Exactly how does intellect cloud someone? Last I knew, in a battle between faith and intellect, faith isn't the one that's driven by facts and concrete data...

That's not a cloud, that's a car. Faith is the cloud where you don't have to worry about anything, you just drift along and trust you're not about to go over a cliff...because in my experience, trusting my life to the fates as worked really well.

Hint: life has a sick sense of humor.

In other words a person has this cloud around their intellect and not allowing anything **in** for one to consider.

Cloud could be there because of:
fear.
lack of knowledge.
thought of knowing all there is know about a certain subject.
and the like...

It's the cloud not allowing things to enter. is what I mean.

Thank you for stating my point... People with data/facts usually don't allow faith based ideas in... Thus, the intellectual cloud.

And to be fair a lot of spiritual clouds too...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

My apologies for lack of comm on my end. Seriously...

No... what I meant is this. Maybe you just stopped and you were so close bud.. That's all.
No by no means man did I mean anything bad. If you took that, I am sorry bro.. Seriously...

Apology accepted. However, you are still placing the onus on me. This shows, again, that you seem to be incapable of admitting, just perhaps, you are wrong about prayer and salvation by your god.

And, by the way, if years and years of tears, prayer, near suicide, desperation, longing, and a overwhelming desire to find the god that I had been told my whole life exists is "quitting when I was so close," then I fail to see how ANYONE could ever reach that goal.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think that kids dressing up in costumes and going door to door getting candy is in no way religious or celebrating evil.

I think that your idea is silly.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
reply to post by r2d246

People need to lay off that relationship between the commercialized trick or treating and the pagan worship stuff. Many kids are ostrasized at school because they're parents won't let them dress up as a costume. to a lot of kids that's the whole world and it can actually tramatize a kid for life. So that side of it I that parents should just let there kids go trick or treating and have fun.

So by that logic, we should also then allow all the little ones to carry cancer causing mobile phones, so they may too further 'fit in' with this broken society's 'mainstream mold' that is toxic to the core, and that for all it's rampant godlessness (voidness of Truth) has no sense of what is right or wrong anymore clearly by the consensus of responses.

The fact that Helloween is associated with the death promoting distribution of toxic sugar is most fitting, as most are too ignorant and spiritually overcome to realise what they are actually giving reverence to in this occultic celebration. I applaud the few wise parents who know what this seemingly 'harmless' caper is all about when the master of cunning and deception Lucifer knows just how to entice-- with everything that seems so 'sweet and innocent and fun' that has families worldwide partaking in a ritual adhering to all that represents the spiritual death and it's becoming, void of Life.

edit on 1-11-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

Listen, everything is good for you and bad for you. So don't just look at the bad. If you find the bad in everything you'll have the most miserable life. God said "do not let your eyes see evil.." and "whatever is of good report dwell on these things...". We're not suppose to look for the bad in everything. Of course I'm definitely not gonna be the first in line for Kemo-therapy but I'll be the first for the iphone 5. Cell phones don't cause cancer either. But we know kemo does. As far as sugar goes, kids systems can handle tons and tons of it and it won't do a thing to them. They're metaelizm is so high than they burn it off in no time. It's the adults that have to worry about too much of it and even they can handle a lot. I bought 200 mini chocolate bars and I ate all of them myself in like 2 days. that's like 10,000 extra calories and I feel fine. I just hate parents that think every darn thing in bad for there kids. If you wanna completely ruine a kid then try and protect them from everything in life. When they become an adult they'll rebell and want nothing to do with you and harbor deep resentment against you for not allowing them to "be a kid". True Story.... Sam Walton asked his father if he could walk across the log that had fallen over the stream, the way the big kids did. His dad replied "son do anything in life you feel your big enough to do". So he did.... then later he built Walmart. You see how that works? You let them try things so they can mature and grow and have life experience. Without it they'll suffer later in life, and they won't have the coping skills or experience compete all because you think everything is BAD for them!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I think that kids dressing up in costumes and going door to door getting candy is in no way religious or celebrating evil.

I think that your idea is silly.

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
Pray that you are Delivered onto him for your sake of Steering and not mine.
So, that is all it takes, prayer? If we pray to your god, with sincere desire to be saved an delivered in to knowing "the Truth," we will be?
edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: Fixed attribution issue

Yes Koros we are called to live by faith and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 Faith is not something that you can see, touch, smell or prove in earthly measure. It is believing and living by that belief recognizing the knowledge of the truth. Yes to everything you asked. Being saved is one prayer away, after that HE is the ONE that begins the great transformation in you through HIM. It is a gentle walk in faith, surrender and knowing.

www.firemountain.cc...

edit on 1-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

If that is the case, then my point is made for me. If your god is only a prayer away, then that means that the years and years of torment and pain I went through, that I prayed to god to find an answer for, were for nothing. It just proves, your god doesn't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join