It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: A Satanic Holiday

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Damn we cant even let little kids dress up and have fun one day out of the year.

what a bunch of miserable bastards we've become

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"I'm reminded of that place in Matthew 15 where Christ rebukes the Pharisees for their Word of God-cancelling-traditions. When He had finished speaking, the disciples wanted Jesus to know that the Pharisees had been offended by what He had said. Christ's response? "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit" (Matthew 15:1-14)."

"If people become our enemies when we tell them the Truth (Gal. 4:16), it is because they do not love the Truth, they don’t want to see the Truth, because they refuse to see it (John 9:40-41). Truth is more important than hurting someone’s feelings. You can’t stand for the Truth and never offend anyone at the same time."

Hosea 4: 6
My people perish from a lack of knowledge.
edit on 2-11-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
Damn we cant even let little kids dress up and have fun one day out of the year. what a bunch of miserable bastards we've become

No. We have not.

There is no escaping the fact, though, that there are those who allow themselves to be robbed of all earthly delight and joy in the name of their faith. It mystifies me how they then profess their 'humility' while talking down to others. Funny, too, how intent they are on inflicting themselves upon others, even eschewing good manners when their 'sharing' is politely rebuffed.

Best just smile politely, say "no thanks", and shut the door.

Self edit to share my thoughts expressed on another thread:
Aside from being the trigger for the season's first batch of chili, Hallowe'en reminds me of how Europe and Britain used to be covered in primeval forests, with a thin scattering of humanity. These people lived in fear of the a world that was much larger and scarier than the one that we live in today. The pagan traditions that came to be Hallowe'en arose from their attempts to deal with the great unknown about them. I enjoy the day as one of the few pagan rituals to survive the onslaught of Christianity...something that still connects us with our deep past. 'All Hallow's Eve' me arse!

edit on 2-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
"I'm reminded of that place in Matthew 15 where Christ rebukes the Pharisees for their Word of God-cancelling-traditions. When He had finished speaking, the disciples wanted Jesus to know that the Pharisees had been offended by what He had said. Christ's response? "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit" (Matthew 15:1-14)."

"If people become our enemies when we tell them the Truth (Gal. 4:16), it is because they do not love the Truth, they don’t want to see the Truth, because they refuse to see it (John 9:40-41). Truth is more important than hurting someone’s feelings. You can’t stand for the Truth and never offend anyone at the same time."

Hosea 4: 6
My people perish from a lack of knowledge.

2 timothy 3: 3 Here is what I want you to know. There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will love themselves. They will love money. They will brag and be proud. They will tear others down. They will not obey their parents. They won’t be thankful or holy. 3 They won’t love others. They won’t forgive others. They will tell lies about people. They will be out of control. They will be wild. They will hate what is good.

4 They will turn against their friends. They will act without thinking. They will think they are better than others. They will love what pleases them instead of loving God. 5 They will act as if they were serving God. But what they do will show that they have turned their backs on God’s power. Have nothing to do with those people.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

But no one KNOWS what "God" is. That's the whole point. In a world where everyone makes a habit of scamming everyone else to get ahead, you just can't take anything for granted anymore.

So now, we're gonna have to ask for evidence of your "God" character. I believe in a universal principle, not your "God" - and I can prove my principle before you could ever prove your "God".

And by extension, that eliminates "Satan", which renders this entire thread pointless.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

2 timothy 3: 3 Here is what I want you to know. There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will love themselves. They will love money. They will brag and be proud. They will tear others down. They will not obey their parents. They won’t be thankful or holy. 3 They won’t love others. They won’t forgive others. They will tell lies about people. They will be out of control. They will be wild. They will hate what is good. 4 They will turn against their friends. They will act without thinking. They will think they are better than others. They will love what pleases them instead of loving God. 5 They will act as if they were serving God. But what they do will show that they have turned their backs on God’s power. Have nothing to do with those people.

A very relevant addition for these times, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So now, we're gonna have to ask for evidence of your "God" character.

All our Creator wants is for His Creation to bear a semblance of the love (we all fall short) He has for us towards both Him and his Creation with a strong desire that we come to obedience through Knowledge to adhere with what is best for the positive progression outcome of this soul journey beyond the flesh.

A selfless faith is rewarded Duly in turn. Too many pray in desires of having spiritual requests met on their conditional terms. It doesn't work that way. Love Him in trust of His Guidance without expecting anything in return and you will receive Revelation, miracles and confirmations of the Divine that has Inspired greatly on my personal walk in faith. That I can testify to and you are free to reject such.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

thank you for your help . i just wish more wiccan's would be open to discus it openly instead of it being so secret about it . talk openly so people would understand what wiccan's really believe in . people just need to have a little more open mind about it is all .

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

i'm pretty sure what gnosticagnostic meant was, maybe you should step down from your high horse and follow your own advice more often...

you're the one claiming to serve god, yet all we see is a poor display of your jesus fueled ego.
i have to admit i'm pretty sick of your paternalism and condescending attitude in this thread.

seriously, don't you have mirrors at home? how about taking a good look at your self..
you're so presumptuous in judging and pointing at evil you don't even realize how you, yourself, you're the one embodying evil.

i do hope you get saved, you obviously need it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Love Him in trust of His Guidance

"God" is not a male, or a female. Get over the whole sexist role already. You sicken me.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Love Him in trust of His Guidance

"God" is not a male, or a female. Get over the whole sexist role already. You sicken me.
Wow. Angry much?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman

i'm pretty sure what gnosticagnostic meant was, maybe you should step down from your high horse and follow your own advice more often...

you're the one claiming to serve god, yet all we see is a poor display of your jesus fueled ego.
i have to admit i'm pretty sick of your paternalism and condescending attitude in this thread.

seriously, don't you have mirrors at home? how about taking a good look at your self..
you're so presumptuous in judging and pointing at evil you don't even realize how you, yourself, you're the one embodying evil.

i do hope you get saved, you obviously need it.

lol yes thank you.. that's exactly what i meant.. i'm glad not everyone wears the rose colored glasses

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

I am angry, yes. Angry that a mere human would presume to know anything about divinity. Angry that these humans who presume to know so much still behave like one who knows very little. And angry that they consistently fail to not only realize this, but fail to understand that perhaps we don't NEED perfection.

And last of all, angry that there are people foolish enough to seek perfection.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The Celtic Culture as well as the Roman Culture payed to there ancestors; yes they also prayed to gods and prophets who they acknowledged. Halloween in ancient times and in those cultures is about praying and/or paying homage to ones ancestors.

The prehistoric observance is said to have marked the end of summer and the onset of winter, and was celebrated with feasting, bonfires, sacrificial offerings, and homage to the dead.

A Quick Guide to the Origin & History of Halloween

It is not murder to kill and enemy sactioned by the state, it is called killing. even if the real reason was for resources.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am angry, yes. Angry that a mere human would presume to know anything about divinity. Angry that these humans who presume to know so much still behave like one who knows very little. And angry that they consistently fail to not only realize this, but fail to understand that perhaps we don't NEED perfection.

I can't say that I blame you, certainly we Christians have brought much ill repute to our own faith.

I can only say that I hope you can, in time, transcend your anger and disgust - as this would benefit you more than it would us.

Peace Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Koros

We cannot seek perfection within ourselves. We never could and never will be able to. That was the point of the Son of Man, the Son of G-d coming here in our stead. We live daily through HIM and it is through HIM that all things are and can be accomplished. We cannot do this for ourselves, that is impossible.

We cannot possibly entertain the idea of perfection or truth without HIM.

So how do we know HIM?
HE gave us a soul to hear the call...........and the search within ourselves in this mortal trap. HE gave us The Word to navigate through this world. HE gave us prophets who speak the same...... And most importantly HE gave us HIS Son to save us.

Humans no matter what the circumstance are difficult to contend with...........but each of us strives to hear that voice and harken to the call.

We can know HIM but it is a matter of will and surrender to all the ways of the flesh and the things we think we know. It's not always easy.......................but truth never is.

Thanks Primelight for your every word of truth. Not all dismiss the truth even if there is rebellion at first. We know that G-d can do wonders in us humans.....where we ourselves simply cannot.......regardless of how difficult it is and what that entails nothing is too difficult for HIM.

Reminds me of the parable of the mustard seed.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This I have to say because when I read the responses to Primelight's posts, I became rather upset at the way people are choosing to treat one another here on ATS. It has been bothering me ever because I am seeing a rather ugly trend in people thinking that it is acceptable to insult and or verbally abuse posters if they don't like what they have to say.

What I am sick about is how people here have blatantly attacked Primelight who went out of his way to not single out anyone, attack or insult any poster here. His replies have been truthfully objective for people to take it or leave it. He even states that in one of his posts. People may not want to hear or like what he has to say but that is no reason to full on attack him and insult him. That is no reason to attack anyone in any thread or post.

However, what I have seen in people's response to Primelights objective replies has been an out right personal attack and entirely undeserved.

I don't believe anyone deserves such treatment regardless of how convicting their words may be.

Since when does posting a person's reply become so personal that people think they can verbally abuse and attack the poster because they don't agree with what they write? Since when does that justify a direct written personal assault against them?

This type of targeting is more indicative of intolerance and inconsideration and says more about the person responding in this way (verbal abuse), than it does on the person simply writing their beliefs and sharing them objectively whether we are or not in agreement of what they post.

As per Primelight he never once attacked, insulted or targeted anyone. He simply wrote what was incredibly pertinent to this thread objectively. Whereas everyone else just saw fit to attack him making it personal without cause.

If you don't like what he has to say then simply be respectful as you expect others to be with you. There should never be a reason to attack or insult anyone.

I am disappointed and upset at seeing this same behavior on ATS over and over again. People do not deserve to be attacked or insulted for doing the same thing that everyone else here is doing and that is sharing opinions and posting responses.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The OP would REALLY hate my house during the month of October, and especially on Halloween! What with the haunted yard and garage with the zombies, and ghosts, and other evil things corrupting the youngsters!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
What I am sick about is how people here have blatantly attacked Primelight who went out of his way to not single out anyone, attack or insult any poster here. His replies have been truthfully objective for people to take it or leave it. He even states that in one of his posts. People may not want to hear or like what he has to say but that is no reason to full on attack him and insult him.
Yes, indeedy! Folks ought to just smile politely and firmly shut the door when others come on to their turf and prosthelise. No need to be nasty!

However, Prime Light's comments along the lines that "The fact that Helloween is associated with the death promoting distribution of toxic sugar is most fitting, as most are too ignorant and spiritually overcome to realise what they are actually giving reverence to in this occultic celebration."...are anything but objective and reflect a certain nastiness served up with a dollup of smug.

Not everyone is Christian, not every Christian agrees with our pal here, and those who resent his intrusion are quite entitled to say so.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

What I am sick about is how people here have blatantly attacked Primelight who went out of his way to not single out anyone, attack or insult any poster here. His replies have been truthfully objective for people to take it or leave it. He even states that in one of his posts. People may not want to hear or like what he has to say but that is no reason to full on attack him and insult him. That is no reason to attack anyone in any thread or post.

Have you bothered to read the post that started this whole shindig of uneducated bible-thumping idiocy? Allow me to break it down for you, so you understand exactly what you're attempting to defend:

evil is a very real thing, and if you support evil, you support the devil. October 31st is an important date for Satanists, witches, and occultists alike, as Halloween is an embracement of evil and celebration of death.

Primelight is very clearly not objective in the least. Strike one for your defense.

I encourage you to reject this pagan, satanic holiday!

Primelight DID single someone out - pagans! Not only did he single them out, he slandered and libeled them without showing the slightest understanding of what they're actually about. Strike two for your defense.

If you dressed up for Halloween, you are supporting the evil spiritual forces and the devil himself, as well as rejecting Jesus

Both the previous quote and this one show that he IS attacking someone - a very ignorant and very maliciously vivacious assault on a religion of which he has no true understanding. Strike three for your defense. Oops, game's over.

For the reasons and examples listed above, your post is logically invalid. And by 'invalid', I mean 'nonsense'. Sorry, but Primelight nailed his own coffin in this thread. His arguments and claims have very little to no merit. Repugnant ignorance and odious superstition have been sprinkled around this topic like fertilizer in a patch of weeds. I understand your objections - regardless, they are ungrounded.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join