It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Offers to Send Emergency Aid Team to Stricken New York

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Everyone knows that 9/11 was planned.Katrina gave TPTB an exercise
in preparing the troops for SHTF.Take advantage of every type of disaster
that comes your way.You will learn from experience where your weaknesses
and strengths were.
Never assume any government will come to your aid in any shtf scenario.People
need to learn to take care of themselves and their own.Any disaster that comes my
way,I'm not standing in line waiting for the government handouts.
The politicians' will take advandage of this storm.They want to "assure" the public
they will take care of everything.I don't believe anything they say.Keep your eyes
and ears open to the way this disaster is handled.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

So I just logged on and read this thread. Your point?
Anyway, my point still stands; Assad is a monster and a war criminal. And don't you dare call me a hypocrite, I never said I support any war crimes, made by anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor

So I just logged on and read this thread. Your point?
Anyway, my point still stands; Assad is a monster and a war criminal. And don't you dare call me a hypocrite, I never said I support any war crimes, made by anyone.

Sorry to poke my nose into your business with another member. But what does Assad have to do with Iran offering help?? Did you just mess up one purported dictator for another or are you really that confused...??

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by superman2012

I have skimmed the article! I really liked the part about them being
able to send "rescue" workers with equipment and tools to american
cities on short notice
The very same country that considers the
U.S.A. as the great satan.Oh,yeah,let them come into our country on
a "peaceful" mission to "rescue" our storm,stricken cities.
I am a cat and I smell a rat.

Wow, theyve really gotten you programmed to actually believe that dont they?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I don't trust their leaders. I don't believe Iran's government represents it's people at all; they have their own agenda. What that agenda, is I don't know, but I can guess It has something to do with the radical Islamic views of various (and prominent) individuals.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No, no. The person I was replying to had replied to another who called Assad an animal, and he said that anyone who called anyone an animal had very skewed views of reality. Or something like that; I'm paraphrasing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I work for an ambulance company in VA who is affiliated with FEMA. We were stood down to send aid out of state. We're much closer than Iran. So I guess my question would be this: Why would the US turn down help from it's own country and accept an offer to "fly-in" aid from another country?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cbskywarn

To push their own agenda, whatever it is. Of course, that's assuming they even accept the help.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

see that's what happens when you walk into an offtopic conversation that is not yours.
you get all puffed up yet you go way even more offtopic and insist on repeating a major fail.

assad is from syria

you probably meant ahmadinejad

either way, it's clearly time to jump away from this thread, the paid posters have arrived and want to pick a fight with whoever helps them derail the thread faster

not me
edit on 1-11-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor

I don't trust their leaders. I don't believe Iran's government represents it's people at all; they have their own agenda. What that agenda, is I don't know, but I can guess It has something to do with the radical Islamic views of various (and prominent) individuals.

Thanks for clarifying on the Assad thing. I don't blame you for not trusting their leaders. I don't trust ANY leaders, it seems they all have ulterior agenda's. I still believe that the offer for aid is either because A: Iranian officials KNOW that the USA will decline and it makes them look better for offering. (Maybe they can use it as propaganda against the US when the aid is declined.) or B: Because they see the crisis and truly want to help. But they fact that Iran is one of the first countries to offer help kind of baffles me anyway... The USA has enough support of Canada/UK to be just fine in this recovery. (If the USA cannot do it by themselves)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Nope, I meant Assad. Anyway, this IS a public website. Last time I checked I was allowed to voice my oppinion. But I digress; we are both straying from the topic.

Edit: jeez I wish I was getting paid. That would be the easiest job ever.
edit on 1-11-2012 by CrisMajor because: Because Europe.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

I watch and observe and make my own decisions.Words are just words
and actions speaks louder than words.What I have seen convinces me that
my gut feelings are right.
Please,explain to me why help, centered here in the states,is turned down?
While offers of help from foreign countries is considered

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As an American I would feel weird taking assistance from another country.It's not that I feel like we are better or anything but there are people out there who could actually use help. Thanks though Iran, we'll be ok

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I truly feel bad for you if you believe all the sensational MSM propaganda and you tube videos. Go out talk to some immigrants they won't bite I promise. And most all of them would love to talk shop with you. As for gut feelings.....Pepto and some sleep will help with that. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by the last statement, please explain.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is no surprise. They offered aid after hurricane Katrina which was turned downed. They offered aid after the oil spill which was turned down and this offer will be turned down.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by UltraMarine

I have only read the title...Iran wants to finish what the storm started.
This is like having a fox offering to help an injured chicken.No way
should we even consider taking any help from them,we can take care
of our own!
Ummm........So we should just give them the old uncle sam one finger salute...hmmm? How on Earth do you buy into the official narrative? How do you allow media and government to take over your mind and control your thought processes? Why? Why on earth would you NOT accept an offer of humanitarian help.....even if it is only in the spirit of....one-up-manship? Perhaps a basis for genuine understanding could be engendered......or not. Who knows. Dont you think that rescue teams are slightly better than fire teams in this situation? Dont you think that possible lifes salvaged are better than this endless denigration and bombing?

YouSir

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

and you do?
I really hope you never get to judge anything, that is terrifying.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I hope they do ask for their help. This would be a great example of how nations all over the world can help each other out when it is needed. There is no need to be hostile, just trusting and everything will work out best in the end.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It'll be turned down with a polite "thank you", like Iran has turned down US aid.

Except during the Iranian Bam quake in 2003. They turned down US aid, then later accepted it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Gotta love Iran

This has made my day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join