It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Offers to Send Emergency Aid Team to Stricken New York

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

There are a lot of people that I don't like and they don't like me.If I
see someone needs help,I will help them,no matter who they are.
The thing that matters...I don't have an ulterior motive.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
The offer is an insincere political ploy.

As much as we all want to believe Iran is extending an olive branch the truth is they know their aid is not needed and we will politely decline the offer.

Remember, U.S. logistical capabilities are exponentially superior to any other global power.

What can they honestly offer?

Yeah because we proved that during Katrina right?
This country isn't infallible, and has a history of screwing up even the simplest tasks.

It is obvious from the early reports that the Feds were much more prepared this time around.

Do you think it is possible a few lessons were learned from Katrina?

I'm sure you personally would have done a much better job organizing the chaos.

Again, what can Iran offer that U.S. indigenous relief agencies are not already in the field and providing?

It's a joke really, everyone has something snide to say until it is their town that is flattened then they are more than happy to see FEMA and the Red Cross.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

There are a lot of people that I don't like and they don't like me.If I
see someone needs help,I will help them,no matter who they are.
The thing that matters...I don't have an ulterior motive.

Oh I'm sorry, I just figured if you had this proof of Iran's ulterior motive you would have presented it by now. Sorry for the confusion, I just figured you were showing your bias with nothing to back it up in relation to the OP, I look forward to reading your sources.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Again, what can Iran offer that U.S. indigenous relief agencies are not already in the field and providing?

actual experience in dealing with these events, you should know iranian disaster relief teams are recognized worldwide for their expertise.

but yeah, even more than just being suspicious of iran this is all about american pride/arrogance.

"america provides help, america does not need help"

i hope not, but let's see if you guys won't need or accept external help if/when new madrid rips you apart....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

was "sandy" created by iran?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

FEMA IS A JOKE!
In 2008,the community that I am originally from,was hit by a flash flood.
I still had property there and my house was damaged by the flood.The
first people to really help us out were....church groups! Fema came crawling
in afterwards only offering people applications for loans to rebuild,if they qualified.

Again,church groups,were bringing in bottled water,buckets,cleaning supplies,
young people to help clear debris.A group of mormons saved a lot of damage
from happening to my house.One of these young men crawled under my house
and cut the vapor barrier.The interior floors didn't suffer from the water,no smells
or warped floor boards.
If you are ever in need of help from a disaster or whatever,don't expect any governments
to help you.If you do get help from governments,they probably have ulterior motives.
This is an election year you know.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The only "proof" that I have is my mother's instinct and gut feeling,
nothing that you would ever consider as proof.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman

actual experience in dealing with these events, you should know iranian disaster relief teams are recognized worldwide for their expertise.

but yeah, even more than just being suspicious of iran this is all about american pride/arrogance.

i hope not, but let's see if you guys won't need or accept external help if/when new madrid rips you apart....

Last time I checked it tends to be American flagged relief that is first on the scene for any formidable global disaster.

I must have missed the Iranian contribution to the likes of Haiti or Japan, perhaps you can provide some sources showing where Iran has provided anything compared to U.S. contributions to global disasters?

New Madrid has the possibility of producing huge earthquakes however the notion that a seismic event is going to rip the continent apart is frankly silly and not grounded in real science.

The reality is that your backhanded compliment is the truth at this time in world history.

Call it American pride and arrogance if it makes you feel better, it doesn't change the fact that the U.S. is exponentially more capable of dealing with humanitarian relief and disaster aid than any other nation and consistently does so when the need arises.

I don't see anyone making a case for the necessity of accepting Iran's offer, just glib remarks disparaging the U.S.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadalex

was "sandy" created by iran?

I Don't think so . I guess Traitors within USA created the Sandy

edit on 1-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

too bad american aid only comes when and where there's resources to plunder or political advantages to be made.
charm operations nothing more, that's why it's all over the same biased media sources.

i have no interest in having any type of debate with you, i'm also not your own personal search engine.
if you are interested about my claims of iranian expertise you go look for it.

also did i state that new madrid would rip the north american continent? no
i meant new madrid can rip up society in the north american continent.

but anyway keep thinking highly of america and fail to miss you're just like rome in the last days.

biting more than you can ever chew...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm surprised Israel our ally hasn't offered to jump in and help...../sarcasm...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

too bad american aid only comes when and where there's resources to plunder or political advantages to be made.
charm operations nothing more, that's why it's all over the same biased media sources.

That really strikes me as being pretty far out of line to be frank about it. Exactly what advantages and plunder did the United States get in return for the immediate and full flow of aid to Indonesia and surrounding nations after the Tsunami? I'll leave out posting the actual dollar figures America contributed by private citizen donations alone. It's almost snarky in itself by how much.

Likewise, I REALLY want to know what the heck any U.S. Serviceman or the nation got out of diverting everything in the area including medical ships to Haiti after their quake? A lot went in, MUCH or MOST has been mismanaged to look at the place now.....but that isn't the fault of the waves of aid given immediately after and when desperately needed. The U.S. Navy is busying giving some kind of aid to some place a whole lot more often than I think people realize and rarely to get anything much in return. Heck, the world hates us anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by UltraMarine

I have only read the title...Iran wants to finish what the storm started.
This is like having a fox offering to help an injured chicken.No way
should we even consider taking any help from them,we can take care
of our own!

ahahah u made me laugh :´)...
So the people refusing help is the good guys, and the ones delivering the bad ones?... Iran is a pretty damn nice country actually, id like you too try dig some dirt up on them (other then "THEY WILL HAVE NUKES SOON").
U.S.A is just running a propaganda war along with the rest of the western civilization, its bloody retarded.
They did it in Libya, iraq etc.
And funny thing about Libya is Pre US/nato Invasion = 0% export to the western civilization.
After invasion = like 88% of total oil / naturegas export to Europe and US.
Lame? yep.

Edit. Ow yeah maybe part of the reason they invaded Libya was because Europe needed the cheap nature gas after Russia opened for their naturegas lines to asia therefore Russia dictates price, rather then Europe (because Europe was the only country Russia Exported too)...
Last fun fact, Libya is (was?) the richest country in Africa.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman

i have no interest in having any type of debate with you, i'm also not your own personal search engine.
if you are interested about my claims of iranian expertise you go look for it.

I did and they don't exist, only a lot of sources praising Iranian civilian inter-cooperation through social media to organize internal relief efforts in light of the Iranian governments lack of competancy.

I'm not interested in having a debate either, my response was a polite way of calling B.S. on your claim.

You made the statement yet cannot back it up with facts, point proven.

Have a nice evening/morning.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That really strikes me as being pretty far out of line to be frank about it. Exactly what advantages and plunder did the United States get in return for the immediate and full flow of aid to Indonesia and surrounding nations after the Tsunami? I'll leave out posting the actual dollar figures America contributed by private citizen donations alone. It's almost snarky in itself by how much.

Likewise, I REALLY want to know what the heck any U.S. Serviceman or the nation got out of diverting everything in the area including medical ships to Haiti after their quake? A lot went in, MUCH or MOST has been mismanaged to look at the place now.....but that isn't the fault of the waves of aid given immediately after and when desperately needed. The U.S. Navy is busying giving some kind of aid to some place a whole lot more often than I think people realize and rarely to get anything much in return. Heck, the world hates us anyway.

I just had to reply to this aswell.
Sure the civilians helped alot, so did the rest of the bloody world.
Here is a question for you.
Who do you think they hired to rebuilt iraq / afghanistan / Iran soon perhaps? trololol?.
A native entreprenour? i think not. Contracts go to friends

Another fun thing!
I read something about the rebuilding of Haiti after the earthquake.
Red Cross recived ALOT of money to support / aid / rebuild Haiti, and the entreprenour company they hired was funnily enough a company were the board had ALOT of stocks in. Begs the question? Is that morally correct? I think not, as there is FAR TO MUCH chance for them to give "themselves" a pretty damn sweet contract, world is disgusting... Europe and US is the apex of evil in this world. Im from Europe btw, just if your wondering.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i'm just giving you the general outside view. the world mostly does hate the usa or no longer regards you as bastion of freedom and security.
some could say when america gives with one hand takes with the other.

the problem in my opinion is that america's foreign aid policy is of a bipolar nature.
you helped with the sumatra tsunami yet at the same time you were destroying iraq and afghanistan.

america did not become a superpower exactly by playing nice, remember south america and cia implanted dictatorship's? that's the middle east now.

america does some good and some bad, obviously the bad lingers more in people's minds.

i don't think any country should ever go around offering help when said country has problems right at home.
like poverty and a high crime rate couple with the biggest percentage of incarcerated people.
we all should clean up our own homes before walking around offering help to anyone.

i'm willing to bet if america's foreign policy became non intervention and not meddling in everyone else's affairs most of america's foreign problems and threats would also cease.

what would happen though is you wouldn't be able to live the way have been, when it comes to resources.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I ain't doin it anymore,.

I'm sorry for what I have done.

I was just a dumb kid then.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Take point,as in,taking defense.

Iran is a fairly secure country.

U.S. is playin bully.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I'm surprised Israel our ally hasn't offered to jump in and help...../sarcasm...
Proof that one line posts can be full of contribution. Good point, you make.

Also, the sheer amount of anti-Iran posts in this thread seems to indicate the continued MSM programming is having it's intended effect on our people.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

fact: iran is a country much more prone to natural disasters than the united states therefore iranian relief teams have plenty more actual experience in dealing with such.
which was what i said, i did not state iran has helped more countries than the us, i said iranians have more experience and that is recognized.

you want to turn this into a competition over quantity of help when i was speaking about quality and expertise of help.

and even though i could provide you with credible sources i won't, you are much better off in your chinese style state sponsored internet and your government sponsored media outlets.

as an american citizen all you need to know about iran is that it's bad bad bad, they wan't a nuke and you should support yours and israel's government desire to go to war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join