It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Offers to Send Emergency Aid Team to Stricken New York

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

Fair enough on your reply and I appreciate it. That did clarify your position and that makes ALL the difference. Your first message didn't read to me as if you were allowing for the good side as well as what we all know too well as the ugly side of what comes when the U.S. arrives these days. Beyond the limited and nearly 100% successful CIA/Army led team in the closing months of 2001 that almost won that whole war without main line troops ever landing there.....I'm in agreement on the ugliness of the wars. It all needs to wind down on the fastest possible timeline without actually doing MORE harm by the process of withdrawing. Whatever benefit might ever have been there for anyone was lost too long ago now. 10+ years of war and still we get LBJ moments of no real clear end in sight. Vietnam with sand, it's become and it never should have been an actual war. Never had to be.

@Johnkie

If you searched my name, you'd find a number of posts here about my general feelings toward the Red Cross. It's not a generous or positive one by any stretch of the imagination. It is, in my opinion, what Disaster Relief corporate style looks like. I swear those cheap losers would charge their own mothers for a sandwich at the end of the world. They're known for charging for their aid when they show up....taking in massive amounts of money...yet making Lincoln and more than a few people scream on the penny.

I wasn't talking about the Red Cross in Haiti. I was talking about the U.S. Navy, and regular fleet navy types at that. Everything in the area went as I recall and the Hospital ships were about all Haiti had for broken legs to severe trauma cases for awhile. Anyway..... The Red Cross arriving is a problem IMO, not a solution to one.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If they accepted the help then some US citizens just might see the Iranians as actual people instead of the monsters the Govt. and the MSM have worked so hard to portray them as.

well welll the double standard rears its head.........

If all it takes is to aid another country , to make a saint out of a sinner, then the US should be sporting golden halos and platnum wings with as much aid as we provide to other countries......

Is very nice of them to offer tho, were we not able to handle it, I wonder if the gov would really accept it tho?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ya and in there dr bag they'll be toating a new=klear B

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Lets look at How Iran deals with American Aid, following a Disaster...............

The U.S. has offered disaster assistance to Iran in the wake of a devastating earthquake that left more than 300 people dead, but an Iranian official declined the offer. “The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran,” a White House statement said. “Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery. We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time.”

Iran, however, declined the help, saying it was handling the matter internally. “We will carry out relief work by relying on our domestic potential,” Interior Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar told Bloomberg.

Iran Declines U.S. Aid Offer After Earthquake

Offers are great, but in this instant, I think America can handle its own Disaster, Internally. MHO

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

fact: iran is a country much more prone to natural disasters than the united states therefore iranian relief teams have plenty more actual experience in dealing with such.
which was what i said, i did not state iran has helped more countries than the us, i said iranians have more experience and that is recognized.

you want to turn this into a competition over quantity of help when i was speaking about quality and expertise of help.

and even though i could provide you with credible sources i won't, you are much better off in your chinese style state sponsored internet and your government sponsored media outlets.

as an american citizen all you need to know about iran is that it's bad bad bad, they wan't a nuke and you should support yours and israel's government desire to go to war.

You made a inaccurate claim and when called on it can do no better than vague generalities and Ad hominem insults.

For the record you have no idea of my education or world experience.

I'm willing to bet that I have been closer to Iran and forgotten more about its history and culture than 99% of the posters on this board think they know.

Please continue to lecture me on what you think you know about my education via "Chinese style government sponsored internet" or what you believe are my countrymen's limited and negative views on Persia.

I'm all ears....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

are we debating facts or semantics?
actually are we debating at all? i thought we both said we didn't want to.
i stand by that notion so let's agree to disagree.

and now you say you are all ears about my opinions and generalizations?
i'm flattered really, but one i don't feel like going even further offtopic than we already are, second i'm not entertaining your pissing contest at all.

plus your sudden urge to engage me and stir the discussion into other topics already tells me that whatever argument we had over this topic i already won it, therefore no need to reply to you further.
please keep it the same

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Honestly I would rather we didnt accept aid from Iran but thats because people are actually getting employed over here that really need the work. In the past four years I have only been able to get one job and it was a 5 week temp job. I live in Georgia and have replied to a job ad up in Newyork thats how bad I need the work. Also some of my family ships freight and alot of the carpet and other things that have recently been shipped up there will have to be replaced which means my family will have the money we need to survive through to next year. I feel bad for the people that have had to live through this but for some people it will be a blessing to have the work no reason to outsource any more work to other countries needlessly.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
i'm loving the replies to this thread.
people are undoubtedly polarized that's a fact.

for perspective i see the replies here as the general outside view the world has on american foreign policy, most of the world trusts the US as y'all trust iran.

either way, haven't relief teams from both iran and the us previously worked together on natural disasters? japan for example if i'm not mistaken.

you silly silly people let prejudice and distorted media views dictate your judgement even when your own are in peril.

may you all drown in your own pride.

I am sadden to see that there are war mongers whom what the mainstream news outlets let them believe that Iran is a threat and an enemy
yeah i can see how that went with Iraq.

Iraq was a threat right everyone? from what i remember in 2006 it wasn't.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Wow that crowd looked pretty hopped up and outta control! If saying America was the great satan made you a terrorist incapable of compassion, most people on this site would be torturing kittens. Just because you disagree with someones foreign policy doesn't mean you'll kill them the first chance you get. Have you ever been outside your tiny little comfort zone and been anywhere, talked to anyone from outside our country? I've herd the French say much worse about us in conversation, usually followed by spitting on the ground. Its close minded fear mongers who cause so many hateful problems, lighten up, I'd let'em crash at my house if the came to help and needed a place to stay, I aint skeered!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
If all it takes is to aid another country , to make a saint out of a sinner, then ......................

if only....

Quake-devastated Iran
refuses aid from Israel Tehran official says 'Zionist regime' not welcome to assist victims as death toll soars

With the death toll from Iran's devastating earthquake soaring toward 40,000, and the Islamic republic's leaders openly acknowledging that as much outside help as possible is vital to limit the number of dead and suffering, Iranian officials are refusing to accept aid from only one nation – Israel.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Will USA accept Iran's Help ?

According to nytimes , Iranian rescuers and aid workers are on standby to fly to New York City to provide assistance to those affected by Hurricane Sandy, the head of Iran’s Red Crescent Organization said on Wednesday.

“We are ready to help the flood-stricken people of America,” Mahmud Mozaffar, who leads the organization, told the semiofficial Fars News Agency.
His men stand ready to board planes and fly to the United States to help out, assuming the American government accepts Iran’s offer, he said.
“If American authorities agree, we can send our rescuers with equipment and tools to American cities in the shortest period of time,” Mr. Mozaffar said.
The United States government did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the Iranian offer. Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokeswoman who was traveling with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in a visit to the Balkans, referred the inquiry to her colleagues in Washington.
Dealing regularly with floods and earthquakes, Iran’s Red Crescent Organization is experienced in providing immediate assistance following disasters.

SOURCE

Good for Iran and why would we expect any different
I remember when some of our Navy got into trouble a few years back in Iranian waters
and guess what the crew when they came back said they where treat very well
I suppose you could come up with lots of, what ifs, with regards to Iran but really, are these people really the evil nation they are potraide to be Im not so sure
Good find OP S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If the Iranian regime really cared about those effected by Sandy , they would be directing their efforts towards Haiti, where they don't have the infrastructure to cope with the devastation there. I was watching a report on Haiti yesterday and they have been hit really hard and are still recovering from the earthquake.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by superman2012

Go for it! I stand by my post and don't care what you think.
I would not take their offer of help too seriously.

Australia is building a very good friendship with Asia at the moment and has also offered to assist in any way we can.. Would you treat us the same? Another member has suggested we can't be trusted either?
edit on 1-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If the Iranian regime really cared about those effected by Sandy , they would be directing their efforts towards Haiti, where they don't have the infrastructure to cope with the devastation there. I was watching a report on Haiti yesterday and they have been hit really hard and are still recovering from the earthquake.

Why would Iran worry about haiti? Last I heard, Haiti was stormed by NATO and the USA. Does Iran even know Haiti exists?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

if iran offered help to haiti or cuba i think americans would get even more suspicious.
i mean one thing is to offer aid directly to the us, doing it on those island states so close to the us could be interpreted to anything from undermining the us's stake in the region to giving an excuse to make up something like a new cuban missile crisis.

and not to sound cold or anything, just stating it like it is.

who the hell cares for haiti anyway? it was good for a week in major news but who cares that those people are still homeless and still starving and still dying from their poor conditions which only got poorer after the quake?
unless you actually donated some of the relief money that never made it to the local level but instead got pocketed you have no business caring about haiti.

iran can't be guilty for doing what everyone else is doing which is ignoring haiti until all those poor people die off and westerners can go in and turn it into an island resort.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If I am correct its a second time the Iranian government offering such a “help” to the US. First one was rejected by bush administration during Katrina disaster.

It is shame that the whole humanity and their future and safety are the play ground of the DUMBARSE selfish politicians making fun of each others by stupid senseless remarks and gestures, while innocent souls suffering worldwide.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Even if The US accepted, Iran would just come up with some excuse not to go . They know the US will say no. Its just propaganda to make them look like the good guys

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

According to nytimes , Iranian rescuers and aid workers are on standby to fly to New York City to provide assistance to those affected by Hurricane Sandy, the head of Iran’s Red Crescent Organization said on Wednesday.

“We are ready to help the flood-stricken people of America,” Mahmud Mozaffar, who leads the organization, told the semiofficial Fars News Agency.
His men stand ready to board planes and fly to the United States to help out, assuming the American government accepts Iran’s offer, he said.
“If American authorities agree, we can send our rescuers with equipment and tools to American cities in the shortest period of time,” Mr. Mozaffar said.
The United States government did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the Iranian offer. Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokeswoman who was traveling with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in a visit to the Balkans, referred the inquiry to her colleagues in Washington.
Dealing regularly with floods and earthquakes, Iran’s Red Crescent Organization is experienced in providing immediate assistance following disasters.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
we can sent tools and equipment in the 'shortest period of time to american cities'.....mmmwhat kind of fuel they use to reach America in the shortest period if time??...This guys are from the middle east....

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join