It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Offers to Send Emergency Aid Team to Stricken New York

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I am saddened at how jaded and politically polarized so many responses are here.

At the end of the day people are just that people. Strip away our political affiliations, religious beliefs, what is left?

Simply,... Mankind. Men, Women, and Children who feel the cold, hunger, pain, confusion, and loss in a post disaster episode.

I believe what we are seeing is an honest token of sympathy from the Iranian peoples. Certainly Iran knows we have the resources to deal with this disaster... and it is true we can handle this.

Instead of the Iranians rejoicing in our disaster, ... they are offering up a token and helping hand. They could just as easily be throwing a post hurricane party.

I am truly worried that the war minded mentality that has infected this world will ultimately be each and everyones un-doing.
edit on 2-11-2012 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We do give financial aid to Iran......so lets get some of it back.

Fiscal Year 2009 $674,506
Fiscal Year 2008 $3.13
Million Fiscal Year 2007 $4.29 Million

us-foreign-aid.findthedata.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
For some strange reason, watching the effects of hurricane sandy on the morning news the other morning, i pondered to myself... "what if iran would consider helping the americans, and if they would expect a friendly response, or just ignore them knowing they will go unrewarded and unseen by the american public"

And now i see this article, and it comes to mind again. I personally think their efforts will go unseen by many, like i thought a few days ago.

Part of me reckons they should help and show their true colours, yet half of me knows they're probably not helping their case as actual people with actual humanity in them and therefore should not waste their time.

edit on 2-11-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
For the love of....

Why is it that Americans have such a hard time with thinking anyone with dark skin can be a good person.

Take the Aid, even if there are bad people in Iran, it doesn't define Iran as a whole. I have a hard time believing any terrorists from Iran has done anything to the west. Even still, extremist groups exist every where. The US has had it's fair share and no one is bombing your country or hating your nation for them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I say go for it after all eventually america will not allways be able to wipe it's own backside
forever..

Everyone needs the help at some point... why not accept it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by UltraMarine

quickly!! we must bomb them!! due HASTE!!!

/sarcasm

in all seriousness I am curious to see how the US responds.

I believe the US Govt. will put their politics at the top of their priority list rather than accept the help that the citizens need.

If they accepted the help then some US citizens just might see the Iranians as actual people instead of the monsters the Govt. and the MSM have worked so hard to portray them as.

Sad but most likely true.

Peace

You got that straight. The US doesn't like to accept outside aid from anyone, including its friends, but particularly it's "enemies". It didn't accept Iraqi aid after 9/11 and it didn't accept Cuba's aid after Hurricane Katrina -- although it was obviously very needed at the time. I think aid from European countries was even declined after Katrina. Says a lot about our political leadership, be it Republican or Democrat.

That said, I can also see a security argument being given about allowing in people from "unfriendly" countries to come in to help, but not if it is just supplies. And there is the political aspect of it. It would probably not be prudent to accept Iranian aid a week before the election, given how a large segment of the population is brainwashed to hate Iran.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Israel has offered any aid??? I believe we helped them with fire-fighting/water-dumping craft when they had their bad wildfires.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
Just to play devils advocate here, I don't think they really expect an immediate reply. We're 6 days out from an election. Who's to say if Obama says yes to the help, then loses, that Romney would be of the same inclination.

There's a middle of the road type of answer here where no one need end up looking like the tail end of an horse. Something along the lines of:
That's a very generous offer, we appreciate it, we're good right now, but if that changes, we'll let you know . Thank You.
It's just simple manners.

Best, most sensible comment in this thread. Kudos.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It would be awesome to see the US accept the offer of good will. Of course Ahmadinejad is only s**tstirring as he knows the US would never say yes. So.. imagine if they did accept - I wonder what Israel would have to say on that?

edit on 2-11-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
US response

"We do appreciate your offer for help. We feel that the amount of us personnel it would take to monitor the iranian rescue team would actually pull personnel away from the rescue effort. Due to your governments desire to wipe isreal off the map and the comment by the iranian government about its feeling towards the USA we couldn't have you in the country with out constant monitoring. For this reason we respectfully decline"

I would like their help but would it be worth it?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Not sure if sarcasm with that last line....

are you actually suggesting that? or is that what you think will happen?

EDIT: Because if you guys actually genuinely think that they are a threat, then your nation is doomed. What about checks on the emergency aid team? who said it will take the effort of the entire nation to watch them?
You guys are doing it to yourselves
edit on 2-11-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
odd that America likes to hand out humanitarian aid but never accept it in return !
pride getting the better of the American government , or do they think that its a sign of weakness
either way people will die without the aid , yet again willing to sacrifice more people just to show strength

well just my opinion

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I'm just happy that Obama is in office, because we at least have a chance of accepting their help. Romney was in, then he'd tell them to go # themselves, in those same words.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The entire world is in need of peace.

Iran has offered help and if the President refuses then that is on him and his conscience. I personally see this as an opportunity for Obama to show the world he too is for peace. He could take this opportunity to show the world he is willing to put all issues aside for his people and maybe, just maybe, the outcome will be a positive one.

I look forward to a peaceful world.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

yeh especially from a man who is a nobel peace prize winner !

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I'm sure those ideas are precisely what our government would think they were up to...even if it really wasn't. Perhaps there really just are "good" Iranians out there..? Imagine that! Maybe, too, not ALL Americans are fat and stupid! .02

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thebryman

yeh odd that a supposedly opressive regime such as Iran allows for such a vibrant hiphop community as breaking is now considered a nationally funded sport (despite it not being a sport) however it was classed as such to receive government funding to support the community as well as the rising graffiti culture .

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
there seems to be a trend from arab "enemy" states offering help. we got similar offers from iraq when the towers fell. and i believe it was iran again who offered to help during the katrina mess.

those who love the hate and war just see these offers as condescending, but i am starting to believe they are offers of good faith. they know we dont need their help but its the least they can do right? its better then the standard "we give our prayers" crap that all nations usually exchange in times of personal crisis.

it may hurt our pride among americans to accept help from 3rd world countries, but it sure would be a friendly gesture to accept help as well.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I find it interesting and puzzling at the same time that this offer seems to only be perpetuated by the NY media. I did a cursory search of the Far News Agency and Al Jazeera as well, to see whether or not other news outlets were carrying the offer but, I didn't really come up with anything. Also looked at the Iranian Red Crescent site and it doesn't say word one about the offer. Although, it does say that they are supporting the relief effort in response to the devastation in Haiti caused by Sandy. (Did anyone even know that it caused damage to any other region of the world?) Thanks MSM...

So did the offer actually happen? If not, why would the NY Times and NY Post report such a thing? To what end? I'd like to see some international media report this so as to lend some credibility to the story (offer). Unfortunately, I'm just not seeing it.

ESV

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I agree with you denver 22, but unfortunately most Americans who buy propaganda would be outraged to have Iranian help.....even when its needed.

Its amazing that they would extend the olive branch to us......but unlike popular belief our government is the "great satan" and not our people......still many think we are our government and Iran wants us dead.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Brown people offering to help Americans? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! but seriously people when you get knocked down sometimes you need a helping hand to get back up, Just because the square box in the living room says something does't necessarily make it true. I highly doubt most people from Iran are evil, if you need help and someone offers take it. Just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join