It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Exactly, like I said in my previous post, noticeably doing charitable work is expected of presidential candidates. In other words folks HAVE to see them doing it. Otherwise they will be lam-blasted for not doing it. End of story... It takes the IQ of a turtle to not figure this one out.

edit on 31-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nj resident basing Romney on his fake relief effort
edit on 31-10-2012 by Itsabigdeal456 because: Bad vid posted link instead

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
*shivers*

really
bad
party?

I'll never forget that night. I have enough of a protestant background, and
that "singles night" freaked me right out.

Look, aren't Presidents supposed to throw awesome parties for foreign dignitaries?

Sorry if people are offended for injecting some humor, but it's true. It was a culture-shock and the honestly the worst..."party"...ever.

If you "Conservative Protestant Christians" are totally cool with the LDS buying this election -- well, have fun with that.

No cool parties for you.

edit on 31-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Your source is a Liberal Blog and you are a troll. Americans should come together to help the victims regardless of political affiliation.

Not True.

Scumbag Romney Holds Fake Sandy Hurricane Relief.

Reported by Alexander Higgins who lose his home due to Sandy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I guess it takes scum to know scum. You get it scumbag.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If this is how liberals show their concern I don't want any of it. Romney is collecting canned goods. We have also done such things in the south for storm victims. FEMA isn't the only way people get help and the RED CROSS isn't either. Lots of churchs take these items like Romney is collecting and they pass it out in their neighborhoods. Churches send people to these areas to help remove debris and take food because it takes more than the RED CROSS and FEMA to cover all the victims. Seems to me Obama is the one taking the photo op. He goes into the area with all his security which jams things up and Romney stays in another state and collects things to send to those same areas. Romney's way doesn't cost us anything but the donation. Obama cost the tax payers a plane ride, security detail, etc. Take your blinders off. There are victims and they need help. I'm sure noone is going to say,'where did this can come from and if it came from Romney I don't want it.'.... People need help and it doesn't matter who helped as long as they helped...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyoutlaw

What will can food do when more then half of us (yes I live in north jersey) have no power

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Its kinda scary how Romney supporters are trying to justify this.

I've tried to stay on the fence about this - - but the more I read - - I realize its just wrong.

And very awkward.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Itsabigdeal456

Do you not have churches that accept that sort of donation (canned goods) and use these goods to fix meals in the neighborhood? We do in the South. The Red Cross is always available and do great work but there are other avenues for getting meals. Sorry you have no power and will put you in my prayers. There is no worse feeling than having what is normal ripped away.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Takes advantage of government programs = leach
Takes advantage of government loopholes = smart

If all of you are cool with big money and the LDS buying you a new "puppet" -- be my guest, have fun with that.

I can't believe the Catholic, Baptist or Episcopal churches haven't addressed this.

Really, what are these priests, pastors and preachers saying about Romney to their congregations?

I think I know, and I won't say it.
edit on 1-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
One last thought and then I'll leave you to your Romney bashing. Obama did what was expected of him to do. The press loved it and he looked very presidential doing it. Had Romney not done anything at all would you bash him for not doing anything also? I think you see the good in what you want to see and if you are determined to demonize one or the other you will. It seems in politics there is no riding the fence. I think they both did what they thought was necessary under the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyoutlaw
Had Romney not done anything at all would you bash him for not doing anything also?

NO - - actually I wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am appalled by the selfish extremism in these replies.
Everyone here is saying "the truth doesn't matter because..." and then goes into the LOGICAL FALLACY of "appeal to emotion".
You all need to understand how important the truth is.
And yes I know "you need to understand the truth of togetherness/etc...."
That is ANOTHER logical fallacy called a RED HERRING.
Stop trying to avoid reality, and stop trying to avoid discussing reality.
Your personal emotions are not really as important as the outcome of social progress & discussion of truth in politics.
If you think it is, then you need to read some history books.
edit on 1-11-2012 by prometheuscomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

If you are truely in need of food, you will find a way to open a can. Come on, do you really need someone to explain all the ways? Are you truely serious? Or are you just looking for something to whine about? Canned food is non perishable, thus why it is sent for aid. It can hold up to long truck trips, and sit in a storm victims home without refrigeration. I stock up on canned goods just for the purpose of unforeseen emergencies. Oh and I own several manual can openers. But why would anyone have one of those around with a huge storm brewing. Huh?

Folks, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Ok? The Salvation army doesn't rule the world of donations. And if I lived in New jersey and got some canned goods I would be extremely thankful. So are you telling me that you would not? Just be happy that someone, anyone, is helping. It is people that whine over donations that make others decide not to donate. I can't even describe my feelings over this. This is sick.
edit on 1-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Romney really seems to be the single biggest sociopath that ever held a high office in US political history.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Can I tip the apple cart and appreciate what both men are doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I never said I had a problem with canned food. And I'm sure many are thankful for the donation. But come on a few cans of beans and spam from a potential president is weak. I'm pretty sure he could have done something more influential.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

See my second paragraph from the above post again. What more can I say. Sigh...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wait, so the campaign bought $5,000.00 in relief supplies to give to supporters...to give back to the campaign to be donated?

And this is just A-OK with everyone?

Please don't give me the excuse that people showing up didn't know the event had changed, we all saw the news reports and knew the hurricane was going to hit. If you use that line, then you admit that Romney supporters are media illiterate.

Romney spends $5,000 on a suit.

This was nothing but a photo op, get over it people.

edit on 1-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Personally I think everyone who is using this for political points, at this point in time, is reprehensible. The power is still down. I read a few hours ago that Bellvue Hospital will be unusable for weeks. WEEKS. Gas stations are either complete out or nearly so across New York into New Jersey. A story earlier talked about a guy going to P.A. for gas from the NYC area. It's a real, bonafide mess. I'm not sure how they can even judge damage until some electricity gets turned back on but the sea water wasn't kind.

NY Times On-Going Status Updates

Breaking News

This crisis is ongoing and very much *STILL* in progress. Just as Katrina...in fact, EXACTLY like Katrina didn't even start until AFTER the storm had begun to move on in terms of the cost and tragedy for the people, so it appears to be here. The storm is gone but the aftermath is just startng as the true damage is just becoming apparent. This is disaster movie level economidc and infrastructure damage from what the reports are reading like as they are being put out.

......yet Romney did this or that for whatever motive and ..whaaaa Obama is off in Vegas or doing something with the Red Cross when mentioning his campaign. Who cares? If Romneys food drive headlines, whatever else they did, give just one community the incentive to HAVE one by reinforcing how serious a disaster this is still building into, then it was VERY VERY helpful. Obama is also doing all he can by what I see and being Presidential. I don't EXPECT him to sit in the Oval Office and hide. If he's done his homework, he can go play without getting in trouble.....and seriously, he is the President and he's doing his job. Some might say it's for a change, too. Doesn't matter. It's getting done...

Can't we at least wait until the crisis has STOPPED GETTING WORSE before going back to political ping pong with verbal hand grenades? How many people STILL have not heard from people they know inside the disaster zone? (raises paw)... This crap ain't over. Enough.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join