It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Gotta put on my dumb looking Obama costume for tonight's party...

From Facebook .... the adults are putting on Obama costumes and going trick or treating .. and then 'charging' people at houses 1/2 their candy so they can redistribute it to the other adults who were too lazy to put on halloween costumes. It's a joke and all ... no one is really doing it I'm sure ... but man it's a funny thing to think about.

On topic ... I'm glad the election will be over in a week. I can't wait until all these freak'n politicians and talking heads are FINISHED with it. They are ALL posturing. They are all telling lies. They are all fake. UGH.
edit on 10/31/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed word

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agreed!! The phone calls and the mailbox stuffers never end!! I am ready for it all to end too!! These past two election cycles have worn me out... I'm hoping for some clear air in the years to come!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I read there were only two screens but OK.

Anyhow.

From what I remember Bush spoke from a podium during Katrina. Don’t you think podiums are carted around wherever the POTUS is regardless of which POTUS it might be? Is this something new or is it the new thing media is picking on like the teleprompter issue which all POTUSes speak from since their inception. It’s kind of like making fun of having a prepared speech before speaking in front of a crowd to me. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This just strikes me as sleazy. As another poster pointed out they had to watch a ten minute video on Romney to get a jar of peanut butter. If people cannot see the disconnect this guy has with the human race they are only endorsing the Letter R and nothing else.

I went with a couple of friends once to a "house party" (or so I thought) to watch Napolean Dynamite. Low and behold it was a Mormon 20-something-singles party.

Now, none of us were Mormon, but one of my friends worked with the person throwing the party.

I had to endure at least 10 minutes of Mormon dogma before I could sit down and watch the stupid movie.

It was the worst party I have ever been to.

They didn't even have snacks.

Edit: To their credit, there was Sprite to drink...warm without ice.
edit on 31-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
Just to be safe, campaign aides reportedly spent $5,000 at a local Wal-Mart on supplies that could be put on display.

so, basically.. Romney campaign donates $5,000 to Sandy relief

Not so bad I'd say

Oh, and I happen to hate Romney. I'm just saying aside from the dishonesty and the fact that the goods were purchased from Wal-Mart, this wasn't so terrible. Of course both candidates are going to do what they can to capitalize on the disaster PR ahead of the election. Rahm Emanuel would be proud.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I wonder what is next on RNC Channel - life of Kim il Jong, for one unused TP roll?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by NavyDoc

I read there were only two screens but OK.

Anyhow.

From what I remember Bush spoke from a podium during Katrina. Don’t you think podiums are carted around wherever the POTUS is regardless of which POTUS it might be? Is this something new or is it the new thing media is picking on like the teleprompter issue which all POTUSes speak from since their inception. It’s kind of like making fun of having a prepared speech before speaking in front of a crowd to me. Just my opinion.

Meh, the point being is that any politician could be said to be be politicising any natural disaster if they show their face.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I agree politicians will politicize it’s in their nature but it doesn’t mean I have to like the way he did it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by joyride0187
Your source is a Liberal Blog and you are a troll. Americans should come together to help the victims regardless of political affiliation.

yeah....romney collected canned food
....the red cross doesn't even want it...let's see, record snowfalls, bridges out, traintracks destroyed, roads blocked, etc....i guess romney can hire helicopters to drop the canned food in new york city, and the various towns of new jersey...amazing he didn't make a 1 million dollar donation from one of his off-shore accounts.....that would have been good PR...but he would have been giving it to the 47%, and he is not about to do that.

Same goes for the other guy dude.

BTW, Red Cross wants CASH !

Of course they do. Since they keep the majority of it!

Here's a story about RC for you young folks.

Had a great uncle who served in WW2. RC showed up with coffee for the soldiers. Cost was .10 cents. My great uncle didnt have .10 cents. He got no coffee.

Another point I'd like to make. YOU CANT EAT CASH!

I think it shows kindness from the people who donated canned goods & other supplies they feel the people in these States need. This should have nothing to do with politics! It's about the people who need help.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Luckily, so far, the Red Cross cannot dictate how we show our generosity. They try, because they've basically become the "charitable arm" (facade) of FEMA. They don't want you to donate things to people who need them. They want money and they want control.

Fortunately, people can still just giving like their hearts guide them. Mock away folks, if all you've got against these folks is that they lugged canned goods and other tangibles to a donation drive, you look like a bunch of petty dips.

An example of Red Cross/FEMA's "charitable" attitude after Katrina:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-31-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Many people do not understand why the Red Cross wants money instead of tangible items.

The reason is simple enough that anyone can understand. In the instance of food the Red Cross is nonprofit so they can buy more food with less money than individuals can so in essence the money goes much further and helps more people one of the reasons is that they are not taxed. Everyone knows that when you buy bulk you get more. This is just one instance where money is better to donate than items.

Romney should know this however I am not surprised by anything with him anymore.

If you really want to help send money if you want publicity go hand out peanut butter after you have them watch your propaganda.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Romney personally makes 40K A DAY in interest on his investments. He's worth at least 250 million dollars, with another 100 million dollars in his son's accounts, and 100 million in one for Ann. Then there's several mansions and Kolob-knows-what in offshore accounts.

Don't forget the half a billion dollars raised in campaign funds from corporations that will tell him what to do if he gets into office.

Five Grand is not even chump change to Romney. Remember when he bet 10K without even thinking in the debate with Perry???

If the man truly wanted to help, he would have quietly called up the Red Cross and asked what they needed, and written out a check. Better yet, announce that since everyone is sick of campaign ads, he was suspending his campaign and using the money that would have gone to campaigning in the stricken states on aid instead. That might have been misinterpreted, but it would have at least had the semblance of some class.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If you have canned goods, but you don't have extra cash, and you want to help, you donate what you have. I don't really give a flying frap what Red Cross wants. The tangibles can be donated to a different organization who knows how to take a can from one hand and hand it to another.

It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I was talking in reference to Romney which had the money but in your case sure that will work but you should look into your local food shelter as many charities are connected and unless you live fairly close to the disaster you should probably send the money you would have spent on postage to red cross and donate the food to a shelter.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Except he personally gave money, right? So now what is your point?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Guys, I'm totally serious...

Worst. Party. Ever.

I'm not surprised his "event" sucked. I can get a jar of peanutbutter from the foodbank without having to watch a 10 minute film.

edit on 31-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

So how much did you donate as a percentage of your income? Not just you, but everyone here? Chump change or an obscene amount? But don't tell me, what you donate is your business. And I bet Romney ends up donating a lot more than you will ever hear about. Once again, what he donates is his private business.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

You didn’t read the OP shame on you. No he didn’t give money he had his staff buy 5K worth of goods and two TVs for his video so he could do a photo op. Where did you get that he donated money to the Red Cross for the huricane relief?
edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Last time I checked 8% was not the majority. For the financial year ending June 30, 2011 the Red Cross took in $3,470,535,000 in revenue. For the same year they had $3,439,585,000 in expenses. Of those expenses 4% came from costs related to fund raising. Another 4% came from administrative costs. That leaves 92% that went to their programs.

BBB - Charity Reviews - American Red Cross
edit on 10/31/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by signalfire

So how much did you donate as a percentage of your income? Not just you, but everyone here? Chump change or an obscene amount? But don't tell me, what you donate is your business. And I bet Romney ends up donating a lot more than you will ever hear about. Once again, what he donates is his private business.

While it is not a requirement for Presidential candidates to release their income tax info, most do. I think they should all be forced to. When you apply for a job, most companies do extensive background checks on you nowadays. It is the business of every tax paying, voting American to know what these guys are up to.

factcheck.org...

Romney has been under mounting public pressure to release tax returns — largely due to the Obama campaign raising questions about Swiss bank accounts and investments in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven. Romney has released his tax returns for 2010 and an estimate for 2011 (the full return of which he says he will release later). He says that’s enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join