It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I agree, since it's so close to the election we're forgetting that people need to come together and help the people that have been devastated from the hurricane. It makes me sick that Romney would do this just for more publicity.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
See, if Romney hadn't done this, more money would have more cookies and hot chocolate going to people living in the cold, with no electricity, their homes flooded and dead bodies still not recovered. But because of Romney there are not enough cookies and hot chocolate to go around and a marathon is diverting critical resources from Staten Island to Manhattan.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

what a bastard he be, huh?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by SaturnFX

Have you seen what's happening on Staten Island? People have nothing!! NO food no clothes no fuel and no one is helping!!!! Bodies floating in the street... NYC is still moving forward with the Marathon and Bloomberg is hoarding fuel to power two massive generators to power tents for the runners, and pulling resources to staff and service the event that could be used to HELP people in dire need... WTH is wrong here?? All politics aside... you are about to see a very ugly moment in US history as neighbors are already turning on neighbors... Unions in a couple of towns are turning away help from non union out of state utility workers

Surely they could use FOOD! People are dumpster diving in NYC and the stores are empty. The suggested 3 day supply of emergency food as indicated by FEMA has run out for most people who were able to stay in their homes. Others were forced out of their homes with NOTHING.... They are still waiting for help even from the Red Cross....

So, criticizing a campaign event turned relief effort is rather sad... People were donating food and instructed on how to donate money as well... Move ON...

I see whats going on, there is a supply line of food and water going in from various organizations, from FEMA, red cross, and various charity groups. The issue now is electricity, flushing toilets and the like.
I am certain some spinjob outfit found some homeless guy doing his daily routine to justify Romneys ohio nonsense.
As a person whom has sit through many hurricanes, I never had issues with food or water...if I was too dumb to keep a few cans of tuna, there was many stations I could go to to get food/water. Some idiot 3 states over donating some green beans in a can...I am sure it makes them feel good, but it costs more gas to transport it here than it would to simply wire the money to the approprate areas and have massive crates dropped off in key locations.
You know what..whatever...tell you what. make a ham sandwich, stick it in an envelope, and mail it to Africa..there..you solved world hunger also. congrats...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Wow! when did you get so bitter? Read the news and see what's happening for Christ's Sake. Sandy will make Katrina look like a Girl Scout Convention. I'm in Ohio and many neighboring communities an neighborhoods within my city still don't have power.

The Urban environments suffer the most in times like this... Wise up.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Wow! when did you get so bitter? Read the news and see what's happening for Christ's Sake. Sandy will make Katrina look like a Girl Scout Convention. I'm in Ohio and many neighboring communities an neighborhoods within my city still don't have power.

The Urban environments suffer the most in times like this... Wise up.

Cool story bro
I will send them some pringles..that should sort their power issues out.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not to mention that the Red Cross wants cash - not cans and garage sale clothes.

Whatever.

Romney is scheduled to win the election because Obama isn't going to win it by more than 10% in the swing states. Done deal. The same way the electronic voting machines shaved points off of Santorum and Ron Paul during the primary.

So who cares? Trillions of dollars are in the balance, whats a few polls and photo ops that go bad -- Ryan can stage all the soup kitchens he wants and scrub clean pots. The media will report it as if it's legitimate and everyone who says the election was rigged is a conspiracy theorist. Meanwhile, all the voting machines are run by companies that are owned by Republican sponsors.

Romney shouldn't have to answer so many questions or have to work so hard to pretend to care.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh dear, someone needs to set Anheuser-Busch straight. They don't realize that you aren't supposed to send water, you're supposed to give money to the Red Cross (who still hasn't met the needs of the people on Staten Island yet).

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

It is very weird, a stock broker as the president? I could not get any worse.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It is hard for me to come up with words to describe this event. It is...sick in the highest degree. People are suffering and in deep need of help and you decide to run it into a political event?! Come on Romney! At least Obama makes an attempt to hide that fact he is a neoliberal. You on the other hand put it on full display.

What kind of person uses a massive human tragic event to score money and political points?

I know he really wants to win but there should be limits and just a bit of decency.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join