It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

If you want to help those areas stricken by Sandy then donating food will do very little. For one there's the time it takes to transport the food to the affected areas. Then time must be spent processing the food. Then the Red Cross must spend time determining where it can do the most good. All of this takes time and manpower. In the end by the time the food goes through all this it probably won't be needed for Sandy relief. By giving money people who are already on the ground can determine exactly what is needed and then get it the same day. This saves the Red Cross a lot of wasted effort that could be spent on saving lives. If you cannot afford to donate the same $0.99 that you would have spent on a can of food then you can always give blood. This costs no money and is always in need. If you're not specifically wanting to donate to Sandy relief then feel free to donate food. There are plenty of great charities out there that would be thankful for your donation.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I tried to remain open to this. I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

But I'm watching a couple news shows- - - and its coming off pretty hokey.

It doesn't seem to be well received.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This should NOT be a political issue!
edit on 31-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Valhall

You didn’t read the OP shame on you. No he didn’t give money he had his staff buy 5K worth of goods and two TVs for his video so he could do a photo op. Where did you get that he donated money to the Red Cross for the huricane relief?
edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Good grief! He only donated 7 million dollars over the last 2 years. How much did you donate?

This should not be a political issue. Shame on you! It's about people in need!

Give credit where credit is due.

www.businessweek.com...

It's terrific that he has that kind of money to donate that much, but if you read through the thread, it's done for income taxes write off purposes. He's actually saving money by doing that. Nobody is saying he doesn't donate but there are reasons for him to be doing so.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

He did provide his taxes, but I suppse the years he submitted didn't suit you? I mean really.... But lets not slip OT here, the subject is donations. Romney likely donated more in his lifetime than Obama likely made in his lifetime. Not 100% certain, but I bet it is close.

When I have more time, I will get the figures. But does anyone here even have a clue how much Romney donates every year? It is huge!!!
edit on 31-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Page 4 second post down I addressed this mindset and provided a link so please spare me the rhetoric.

That argument of how much he donates has been used so much it’s like a broken record pick up the needle and listen to the rest of it. (record analogy)

edit to add

Glad to see you revised your post and got rid of the he donates money part.

I agree with your revised post
edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Between the IRS and LDS I wish it had gone to the former.

Edit to add

Are you going to delete or change your post every time you make an arse out of yourself?

I am sure your next post will be just as bad.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

How much did you have to pay?

Second line.

:lol

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Ok, I really didn't have more time, but I wanted you and everyone here to see this.

Here is Romney's Official 2011 tax return

Romney’s 2011 tax return shows charitable contributions totaling a little over $4 million, meaning he donated 30 percent of his income. Romney’s 2010 tax return shows charitable contribution of almost $3 million, meaning he donated about 11 percent of his income to charity.

And as for the 20-year summary of the GOP candidate’s tax returns his campaign released Friday, Romney donates on average 13.45 percent of his adjusted gross income to charity each year.

“That’s nearly twice the rate of President Obama, who according to his tax returns from 2000 through 2011 donated just less than 7 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities,” the Washington Times notes.

Oh and I must say, wake up. No matter what Romney did or didn't do it would be scrutinized. Yes he had to go out and do visible charity work vs cutting a silent check for a mil. It was expected of him by the public. Just like it was expected of Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So the campaign spent its own money to send donations. Oh the horror. Oh the scandal. Typical Romney, doing it from his own warchest/pocket, and not taking credit. What a horrible human being.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
So the campaign spent its own money to send donations. Oh the horror. Oh the scandal. Typical Romney, doing it from his own warchest/pocket, and not taking credit. What a horrible human being.

Not taking credit?

Ah - really?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes really. I didn't see any press releases about the campaign spending its money to send donations. I've never heard MItt Romney flash how much cash he's given to charity all over the TV. When you reach the point where you can't believe your opponent is a decent human being, you've made yourself incredible.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by Annee

Yes really. I didn't see any press releases about the campaign spending its money to send donations. I've never heard MItt Romney flash how much cash he's given to charity all over the TV. When you reach the point where you can't believe your opponent is a decent human being, you've made yourself incredible.

I'm on the fence about this event.

But it does not seem its being received well over all.

Its just really awkward.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

It all about the image (the real picture and the mental image one creates about the person). This is not unique to Romney it is valid to every politician in particular and even to you in. You act the same way, as to be perceived in a better light to others in politics this cynicism is taken to a new high level but run parallel to this concept of creating an illusory image that attracts others some times to a point that it has nothing to do with reality of highlighting one's qualities.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

That's not the problem. The problem comes from the fact that he was using this as a clear photo op. The reason his campaign spent $5000 is so they didn't have an empty truck. In other words they needed enough donations so they could get photos of Romney loading the truck and shaking hands with donators. This fact is also driven home by the fact that the Red Cross explicitly states not to give food donations. In fact food donations can actually hinder the relief effort since they require time and manpower to process. The Romney campaign decided to ignore these facts because Romney loading a truck looks a lot better than Romney standing next to a pile of money.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Sissel

Ok, I really didn't have more time, but I wanted you and everyone here to see this.

Here is Romney's Official 2011 tax return

Romney’s 2011 tax return shows charitable contributions totaling a little over $4 million, meaning he donated 30 percent of his income. Romney’s 2010 tax return shows charitable contribution of almost $3 million, meaning he donated about 11 percent of his income to charity.

And as for the 20-year summary of the GOP candidate’s tax returns his campaign released Friday, Romney donates on average 13.45 percent of his adjusted gross income to charity each year.

“That’s nearly twice the rate of President Obama, who according to his tax returns from 2000 through 2011 donated just less than 7 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities,” the Washington Times notes.

Oh and I must say, wake up. No matter what Romney did or didn't do it would be scrutinized. Yes he had to go out and do visible charity work vs cutting a silent check for a mil. It was expected of him by the public. Just like it was expected of Obama.

A lot of that were failed stocks that were donated writing off the full amount they were worth when they were winners its equivalent to donating a depreciated car and writing off the MSRP when it was new and much was donated to his own charity which is in essence himself where that charity only needed to spend 5% which went to LDS to keep its nonprofit status.

Those numbers are artificial and I have already provided a link and repeatedly referred to it in this thread which you have obviously ignored.

Like I said before I have done the research and I am not fooled by his so called generosity. His charitable moves are coupled by his greed.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by Grimpachi

How much did you have to pay?

Second line.

:lol

Yup!

This seems to be your MO throughout this thread.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Don't see Obama on the ground getting his hands dirty. He's to busy heading back to campaign in Vegas again today. He's truly selfish.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure Obama would neeeever do anything like that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join