It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "Every Agency Should 'LEAN FORWARD' .."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
So you are suggesting that the word "forward" should be banned from his vocabulary unless he is at an official campaign event?.

Telling agencies to 'lean forward' in their efforts .. that is an odd way of putting it and it hasn't been used before. 'Forward' is Obama's latest gimmicky catch phrase. The question is ... was he inserting this political catch phrase into the FEMA briefing or not? The word was out of place and it didn't seem like it belonged. Was Obama politicizing the event and taking advantage of a crisis .. remember their quote 'let no good crisis go to waste' ... That's the question.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Telling people to work hard .. buck up ... roll up their shirt sleeves etc etc ..
Those are things we've heard before.
But using this phrase rang tinny in the ear ... it didn't seem to fit ..
and it IS his slogan .. and he IS a politician .... so it seems odd.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
All I see in this thread is a lousy excuse to attack Obama for sometbing he said.

He's not being attacked. We are pointing out something that seems to be playing politics and asking a question. People are capable of discussing the serious issues AND discussing something like this at the same time. Multi-tasking ... we are capable.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Seems like Obama slipped that one in for his campaign, that is just the oddest wording I've heard in a long time.
At least he didn't say"Let me be clear, all hands on deck"
This administration has always liked catch phrases

I can't help but associate Lean Forward with Bend Over.

edit on 10/31/2012 by mugger because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Honestly it really is the best time to use it. Despite it's obvious political connotations. For months people have been asking what exactly is "Forward" and how does it apply to them? As for the rest of your rant on it when he said "lean forward" I saw it when he said it as telling them to lean into the wind and start moving. An awkward choice to be sure, but still effective.

Like it or not the President to this point has handled Sandy in an exemplary manner, and that will be remembered come next week. The difference between Katrina and Sandy? The man in charge of FEMA during Katrina thought the job was a joke. The man Obama brought in to head FEMA, the man best qualified for the job.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
As for the rest of your rant on it ..

I didn't 'rant'. If I was going to rant .. you'd know it.
Heck .. the whole freak'n board would hear it. This wasn't a 'rant'.
It was a question presented rather nicely.

Like it or not the President to this point has handled Sandy in an exemplary manner, .

I've already said (on another thread) that both Romney and Obama have handled this situation correctly. Asking this question doesn't take away from that. It is simply a question .. was using that kind of language something that fit or is it Obama, being a typical politician, just trying to get his newest gimmicky catch phrase in at the FEMA meeting.

It's very simple. Not a 'rant'.
Not taking away from how Obama has handled Frankenstorm.
Just a simple observation and question ...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Like it or not the President to this point has handled Sandy in an exemplary manner, and that will be remembered come next week.

Whats to handle?

I dont get it when some politician has either handled or not handled something that is totally out of that politicians control?

If aliens invade and slaughter everybody in town am I handling it well by walking around and saying "I empathize with you" "we will rebuild" "this really sucks"?

Im not doing anything.

If the POTUS were completely removed from the scene nothing would change.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well seeing as Governor Christie seems to think he has been helped by the President. It is clear he has done something. Do we know all the details? not likely. Will we know them? not likely. Do we even want to know them? Maybe as a cure for insomnia. Just because we don't see what a President may or may not be doing in times like these, the results of what they do or do not do quickly becomes apparent. I am not gonna pretend to know what decisions President Obama is making these last few days. It is more than enough for me to know that those Governors and Mayors that are dealing directly with him through this disaster are satisfied he is in fact helping them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
People who don't like Obama are going to think he was purposefully politicizing the tragedy. People who support Obama aren't going to see it like that. I personally think it's a big stretch to imply he was politicizing just because the used the word "forward" a little awkwardly in a sentence. Now, if he had said something like, "As long as I am President, I will make sure that these types of tragedies are fully supported with every agency on board"...blah blah blah -- THAT would have been politicizing. I think if you take his whole quote in context, you will admit that what he is saying is a good thing. You certainly can't fault him for telling the agencies not to let any hindrances stop them from doing their job.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It is more than enough for me to know that those Governors and Mayors that are dealing directly with him through this disaster are satisfied he is in fact helping them.

Interesting that nothing backed up by more nothing is proof of something.

Sounds like a religion to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let's see, Obama using the word "forward" in a statement or Romney staging a fake food drive for the victims of Sandy, hmmmmm, who is politicizing the storm?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Let's see, Obama using the word "forward" in a statement or Romney staging a fake food drive for the victims of Sandy, hmmmmm, who is politicizing the storm?

And you know it was fake how?
Or staged for that matter?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

It was staged, well, because his campaign put it together for Romney to personally take the items of food from his supporters and shake their hand.

It was fake because the campaign bought the food items and handed them to people so they could hand them to Romney.

There is a whole thread on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It was staged because it will help the VICTIMS of Sandy.

Romney has made it clear how he feels about Victims.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It was staged, well, because his campaign put it together for Romney to personally take the items of food from his supporters and shake their hand.

It was fake because the campaign bought the food items and handed them to people so they could hand them to Romney.

There is a whole thread on it.

So info from a blogger is truth now? No questions asked?
Good hell.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well since I can't unstar or unflag something...I have to give you the

and a

Campaign ads are not the same as "stumping"...which is making appearances and hosing fuel in Air Force one.

I do not give a crap but people will just look for things to whine and cry about. I personally wish they would have stopped the ads, but your buddy Romney is still firing on all cyliders and every publicity opportunity as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So you are suggesting that the word "forward" should be banned from his vocabulary unless he is at an official campaign event?.

Telling agencies to 'lean forward' in their efforts .. that is an odd way of putting it and it hasn't been used before.

WRONG.

Donald Rumsfeld used it a lot:
link

'I want every one of you to know how forward-leaning we are,' the secretary of Defense told a room full of Marine generals and Navy admirals." Newsweek, Sept. 16, 2002.

FEMA used it as a slogan:
link

Leaning forward: Go Big, Go Early, Go Fast, Be Smart.

Alberto Gonzales used it a lot:
link

But Gonzales's worry was: "Are we forward-leaning enough on this?" "That's a phrase I heard Gonzales use many times," recalls this lawyer. "Lean forward" had become a catchphrase for the administration's offensive approach to the war on terror.

Funny how you put your foot in your mouth pretty much every time you attempt to push your anti-Obama agenda on ATS. First it was with the bayonet moment, now this. I'm enjoying watching this.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by macman

But what? All I see in this thread is a lousy excuse to attack Obama for sometbing he said. There are plenty of other things to attack Obama with. Trust me, with what I'd say if I was a writer for his campaign I'd be fired quickly.

Plenty of things to attack obama about like what? Every time someone questions the man the O-bots come rolling in and use every tactic at dismantling the thread. Hell one person on this thread equated republicans to the Nazi party lol. Its like watching sports where there is a bad call and real sports fans will go that's a really bad call even if its on their team. But the fanatical sports fans that like that team will dismiss it, clap their hands and act like morons. See with sports there are many different teams and because of that you get honest judgements but this political system has only two teams with a ton of fanatical fans. Both are so blind in their love for their team they fail to see when the officials made a bad call unless its for the other team then they scream bloody murder.

Regardless of being liberal or republican fast and ferocious and Benghazi gate are big issues same with bush jr's bad calls 911 WMDS ect but i will be honest i see more republicans addressing their own faults more then liberals who tend to not understand that president screw ups effect us all. Obama is arming cartels just south of your own country and he is also arming terrorist who want to kill us in the middle east. Hell bush should have been impeached and obama should be as well. Let me ask you a question if you screwed up this much at work would you still have a job? If you took that much time off would you still have a job? hell no! why are we held to a higher standard of work ethic then the leaders of our country?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We can all rest in less than a week. Do I think Obama politicised it?

Yes.

But every bowl movement he makes is a potential statement from here on out.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
but i will be honest i see more republicans addressing their own faults more then liberals who tend to not understand that president screw ups effect us all.

Please elaborate on the republican soul searching. I'm all ears.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join