It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "Every Agency Should 'LEAN FORWARD' .."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Rastus3663
Phrase "Lean Forward" is often used in the military; .

1 - I was in the Army for five years and I never heard it.

I don't doubt that, this phrase is used by those involved in strategic planning and I strongly doubt you rose in the ranks to anywhere near that level.

DOD link

The Navy “will continue to evolve and lean forward in air-to-air, electronic attack, electronic warfare, anti-submarine warfare and our capabilities in anti-ship ballistic missile and anti-ship cruise missile [defense].”

US strategy in Asia

Moreover, to reduce operational risk and to avoid sacrificing America’s strategic interests, a forward-leaning strategy would feature greater specialization than does today’s posture between “presence” forces for keeping the peace and those for fighting wars.

J. Napolitano

Homeland Security Is Always ‘Leaning Forward’

Military Journal

In the past two issues of Army Sustainment, I highlighted two supporting efforts in our strategy to continue “leaning forward” in anticipation of future requirements: Operational Energy and Doctrine 2015.

So again, in face of known facts your foot remains firmly planted in your mouth. You could have saved yourself the embarrassment by reading up on the subject first.

edit on 1-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

And he does it again ... learn how to post. If you had stopped at just posting the facts that you found, it would have been a good post for discussion. But once again you went too far. I am not the subject of the thread. Your continued snarky off topic comments about me break T&C. Having a different opinon of a subject isn't 'telling lies'. Learn the difference. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at a left wing echo chamber like the Democratic Underground. Quit trolling and get on topic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I don't doubt that, this phrase is used by those involved in strategic planning and I strongly doubt you rose in the ranks to anywhere near that level.

Ok, if it's a phrase the vast majority of the population haven't heard used in that context, since as you so dismissively state, it's only used high up why is he using it now?

Why so many times right now?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So was he just being sincere and not being political, or was he slipping in his latest election catch phrase in an attempt at something subliminal?

Isn't it possible that it was sincere and political?

Are we children then - that we don't understand we're in the final stretch of a pretty intense campaign?

Nothing anybody says right now is going to be without layers of meaning

doesn't mean it's insincere

edit on 11/1/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: to make sense

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
Isn't it possible that it was sincere and political?

GOOD POINT. Sure. Anything is possible. He could have been sincere AND he found a way to get his new catch phrase in as well. That certainly could be true. Your thought on that is as good as anyone elses.
Like I said, we'll never know ...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your thought on that is as good as anyone elses.

You've just described my personal standard of excellence

I should probably aim higher :-)

Funny, Flyers - in the short term this hurricane brings a spirit of cooperation and introduces a new level of tolerance. It's as good as an afternoon special for that sort of thing - pity it takes a disaster to even out people's thinking

Our candidates and elected officials become almost cartoon villains after a while here at ATS - and elsewhere

End of the day - they'll all pitch in and do what needs to get done regardless

Our need for villains is every bit as fascinating as our need for heroes

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Rastus3663
Phrase "Lean Forward" is often used in the military; .

1 - I was in the Army for five years and I never heard it.

DOD link

The Navy “will continue to evolve and lean forward in air-to-air, electronic attack, electronic warfare, anti-submarine warfare and our capabilities in anti-ship ballistic missile and anti-ship cruise missile [defense].”

US strategy in Asia

Moreover, to reduce operational risk and to avoid sacrificing America’s strategic interests, a forward-leaning strategy would feature greater specialization than does today’s posture between “presence” forces for keeping the peace and those for fighting wars.

J. Napolitano

Homeland Security Is Always ‘Leaning Forward’

Military Journal

In the past two issues of Army Sustainment, I highlighted two supporting efforts in our strategy to continue “leaning forward” in anticipation of future requirements: Operational Energy and Doctrine 2015.

While I see no reason to get personal here, I would have to agree that this phrase seems to be hot right now in "government speak", along with the usual "military speak".

Army Engineers ‘Forward Leaning’ in Response to Hurricane By Army Sgt. 1st Class Tyrone C. Marshall Jr.

American Forces Press Service WASHINGTON, Oct. 31, 2012 – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ response to Hurricane Sandy has been aggressive, timely and very forward leaning in defining what support they can provide, Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said here today.

www.defense.gov...

Leaning Forward: Gender Mainstreaming in the African Armed Forces

www.state.gov...

I urge you all to continue leaning forward as we work toward full recovery. Army Strong!

www.acsim.army.mil...

I think we all know what a small town D.C. can be. It's easy for me to believe that once a phrase like this starts making the rounds, the prez is bound to pick it up. Not so weird after all.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Ok, if it's a phrase the vast majority of the population haven't heard used in that context, since as you so dismissively state, it's only used high up why is he using it now?

Why so many times right now?

Jesus Christ, in our day and age one apparently can't make an attempt at being eloquent and using a catchy phrase in a discourse without raising suspicions of some nefarious plan. This is beyond ridiculous. First, the right wing tried to spin a mention of nuclear subs and aircraft carriers as Obama's declaration of the Navy's obsolescence (a damn retarded attempt at spinning, by the way), then he's not allowed to use the word "forward". Come on people, you just seem more desperate by the day. I'm not a huge supporter of Obama, and wish we had a better candidate than he is, but I'm rather enjoying the parade of silliness that the right wing nuts so richly present to us now.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OMG....pathetic.............................Obama said ween foward..."mispelled on purpose"Is that the desperate attempt to sit and bash the president or what?Attacking his choice in words?you peeps gots way to much time on your hands....what are you personally doing about this country or anything for the matter?...oh yeah thats right ...not a damn thing....amazing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, in our day and age one apparently can't make an attempt at being eloquent and using a catchy phrase in a discourse without raising suspicions of some nefarious plan.

Where have I accused anyone of a nefarious plan?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
All the fake outrage, it's hilarious.

ZOMG, Obama said "forward".....let's pretend to be offended and outraged like little children.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

People have been saying Christie is a bit of a RINO anyways, so I guess I am not surprised. However, Christie may be realistically giving credit where credit is due. Not that I care, because if Obama can do one thing right it doesn't make all the rest of his wrong stuff right.
The "lean forward" slogan is absolutely ridiculous, it is nothing but a slick reference to Marxist ideology and all Obama's fellow travelers heard the message.
How would an agency "lean forward"? What kind of action does that imply? Does it mean move fast? Does it mean riding the silver bullet to get somewhere faster? If you were on a Disney ride and everyone leaned forward would the cars move any faster?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The "lean forward" slogan is absolutely ridiculous, it is nothing but a slick reference to Marxist ideology and all Obama's fellow travelers heard the message.
How would an agency "lean forward"?

Maybe you should ask Donald Rumsfeld, or some strategic planners at the Pentagon. They used "lean forward" alright. Read this thread before posting (shudder, horror). Examples are many, and if you call Rumsfeld a Marxist you need psychiatric help asap.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by antar

People have been saying Christie is a bit of a RINO anyways, so I guess I am not surprised. However, Christie may be realistically giving credit where credit is due. Not that I care, because if Obama can do one thing right it doesn't make all the rest of his wrong stuff right.
How would an agency "lean forward"? What kind of action does that imply? Does it mean move fast? Does it mean riding the silver bullet to get somewhere faster? If you were on a Disney ride and everyone leaned forward would the cars move any faster?

way to over think and over 'splain Third Eye

:-)

how about lean forward - as in: get off your ass, get moving, get involved

edit on 11/1/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: better

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
All the fake outrage, it's hilarious.

ZOMG, Obama said "forward".....let's pretend to be offended and outraged like little children.

Read it and weep! Unless of course you LOVE COMMUNISM

The Obama campaign’s new re-election slogan for 2012 is “Forward.” It’s related to MSNBC’s “Lean Forward,” and, of course, to Mao Zedong’s “Great Leap Forward,” which had the opposite result.

The communist themes of the “forward” slogan are not the first time a member of the Obama team has expressed admiration for Chairman Mao. Former White House communications director Anita Dunn–who has continued to advise the White House after she left in 2009–famously listed Mao as one of her “favorite philosophers.”

The Daily Mail, also, points out,
Barack Obama did himself no favours today unveiling a new campaign slogan that critics say has unfortunate similarities to ones used by Chairman Mao and other Communists. …

‘Spring Forward’ was also a slogan used by Vladimir Lenin in Communist Russia.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Overthink? Then this entire site must be "overthinking".

The slogan really is supposed to imply forward thinking progress and movement but Mao and Lenin used similar slogans.

That is not overthinking, that is just the truth. Obama's comrades are proud for sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So, what's wrong with quoting Mao again?

:-)

How's about you provide us with a list of words that are not Communist - keep us all on the straight and narrow

just winding you up Third Eye

Of course it's a Communist slogan - what other choices are there?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
So, what's wrong with quoting Mao again?

Well .. considering the guy is responsible for killing something like 50 million people ....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Of course it's a Communist slogan - what other choices are there?

The other choice would be something original that didn't smack of Mao or Lenin? And what's NOT wrong with quoting Marxist slogans? Evidently, a number of people do not understand the implications.

Of course it's a Communist slogan

So you even admit it, and think there is nothing implied here but a fun thing? Or you agree with Obama's Marxism? Maybe that's it.

edit on 1-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeh I don't remember any leaning forward by Cheney. Maybe you could finish your post by giving us a link to his statement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join