It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "Every Agency Should 'LEAN FORWARD' .."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We can all rest in less than a week. Do I think Obama politicised it?
Yes.
But every bowl movement he makes is a potential statement from here on out.
Lets call it the way it is Beez.
If Obama has a piece of toast for breakfast, You will claim he is Pandering to Mid-West Farmers.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

We can all rest in less than a week. Do I think Obama politicised it?
Yes.
But every bowl movement he makes is a potential statement from here on out.
Lets call it the way it is Beez.
If Obama has a piece of toast for breakfast, You will claim he is Pandering to Mid-West Farmers.

Sure!

It's partisan-gasm time!

(Smoking a cigarette)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It's partisan-gasm time!

(Smoking a cigarette)

HeHe.
Gonna star your post for the chuckle it delivered.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I watched that video yesterday and that "forward" subliminal attempt was pretty damn blatant.
We keep hearing from his supporters that "Obama cares for Americans, Romney doesn't".
Well if he didn't care about the four American in Libya, how can he care about the rest of us here?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well if he didn't care about the four American in Libya, how can he care about the rest of us here?
Maybe he took a few notes from Ole W., How many US soldiers died in Iraq ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
but i will be honest i see more republicans addressing their own faults more then liberals who tend to not understand that president screw ups effect us all.

Please elaborate on the republican soul searching. I'm all ears.

dude just take a step back for a second. I stated there are fanatics on both sides just like you. What do you want? Should I cite some examples so you can attack them? Its an opinion of mine I never sad it was correct just what I have seen on here and other places.

I mean come on is it really that hard to fathom republican soul searching are you really that fanatical! they are people just like you they just come to different conclusions then you. Ps thank you for proving my point
edit on 31-10-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why does Obama get credit for suspending his campaign when McCain was harshly criticized for doing the same in 08? I still give McCain a lot of credit for attempting to put politics aside and take some action during the financial collapse. Obama did not feel the urgency in 08 because, lets face it, whatever body he is elected to was used to voting without him.

So once again, is this a case of hypocrisy on the part of the left and the media, or will Obama getting face time touring and talking about the disasters actually help those in need? Maybe Marine 1 will air drop some supplies? Or political staffers will be filling sandbags and clearing fallen trees? If I heard that Obama gave permission to his staff in hard hit areas to purchase chainsaws and sent them out to work, I would be ecstatic.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Telling agencies to 'lean forward' in their efforts .. that is an odd way of putting it and it hasn't been used before.

"Forward leaning" or "to lean forward" is used in many organizations, including the government. It means to adopt a proactive attitude. Obama did not invent it, and his use of the term is not political. It simply means he has picked up some Washington jargon in the many years he has spent there. Here is an example from a 1997 GAO report, there are many more but no point in posting another list.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I watched that video yesterday and that "forward" subliminal attempt was pretty damn blatant.
We keep hearing from his supporters that "Obama cares for Americans, Romney doesn't".

Red herring.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Maybe he took a few notes from Ole W., How many US soldiers died in Iraq ?

Weil if he did, the media surely didn't get the memo because all we heard about during that time was the daily body count from Iraq.

Why don't we ever hear about the body count for Afghanistan?

We can create a similar video and call it "bumps in the road"

Btw, the bad intel regarding WMD's came fron the same source tied to Benghazi,
SO WHY NO COVERAGE from the media?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I cannot wait for this election to be over. I am completely convinced that some people will use anything, even the mundane and silly, to discredit people they do not like.

Obama said "lean forward". Oh NOOOOO! The sky is falling and the commies are coming to get you!

Could you imagine what the reaction would have been if he said "step forward"?

People would say "Step?......goosestep......Nazi's goosestep!....Obama is a Nazi!"

Stupid is as stupid does...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

True

Why didn't he just say, "Stay fair and balanced"?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by sheepslayer247

True

Why didn't he just say, "Stay fair and balanced"?

Because it didn't fit in the sentence he chose to convey his message, which was about the management style while handling the disaster. And so he took a phrase from Donald Rumsfeld's playbook. So the OP is totally wrong assuming Obama was trying to coin a phrase here, or invent one for his own purpose.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
Let's see, Obama using the word "forward" in a statement or Romney staging a fake food drive for the victims of Sandy, hmmmmm, who is politicizing the storm?

Let's see, Obama inserting his re-election catch phrase into a sentence where it doesn't belong ... AND ... Romney staging a fake food drive. BOTH are politicizing the storm.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Funny how you put your foot in your mouth pretty much every time ... .

blah blah blah
If you had just posted the information that would have been great. But then you took it too far with your usual pro-Obama/anti-FlyersFan rhetoric. Too bad ... So Sad. As for the three pieces of information that were of substance that you managed to post .. Rumsfield using it once .. FEMA using it once .. and someone I've never heard of using it once ... that's nice and all and LIKE I SAID ... Obama could be sincerely using it .. OR ... he could be stuffing his latest political catch phrase in. Considering Obama doesn't use this term and considering that he's a typical politician ... I'm going with that he's stuffing his latest catch phrase into a FEMA meeting. Being an O-Bot .. I'm sure you'll disagree.

Considering we are dealing with a politician, it seemed pretty damn blatant to a lot of people!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because it didn't fit in the sentence he chose to convey his message,

It still didn't fit. It was an ODD fit and Obama doesn't use that term.

And so he took a phrase from Donald Rumsfeld's playbook.

Right .. Obama just admires far right wing Donald Rumsfeld soooo much that he's going to borrow from one obscure sentence that Rumsfeld said many many years ago. Yeah .. I buy that.

So the OP is totally wrong assuming Obama was trying to coin a phrase here, or invent one for his own purpose.

How much does the Obama campaign pay you for posting here?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by macman

But what? All I see in this thread is a lousy excuse to attack Obama for sometbing he said. There are plenty of other things to attack Obama with. Trust me, with what I'd say if I was a writer for his campaign I'd be fired quickly.

Plenty of things to attack obama about like what? Every time someone questions the man the O-bots come rolling in and use every tactic at dismantling the thread. Hell one person on this thread equated republicans to the Nazi party lol. Its like watching sports where there is a bad call and real sports fans will go that's a really bad call even if its on their team. But the fanatical sports fans that like that team will dismiss it, clap their hands and act like morons. See with sports there are many different teams and because of that you get honest judgements but this political system has only two teams with a ton of fanatical fans. Both are so blind in their love for their team they fail to see when the officials made a bad call unless its for the other team then they scream bloody murder.

Regardless of being liberal or republican fast and ferocious and Benghazi gate are big issues same with bush jr's bad calls 911 WMDS ect but i will be honest i see more republicans addressing their own faults more then liberals who tend to not understand that president screw ups effect us all. Obama is arming cartels just south of your own country and he is also arming terrorist who want to kill us in the middle east. Hell bush should have been impeached and obama should be as well. Let me ask you a question if you screwed up this much at work would you still have a job? If you took that much time off would you still have a job? hell no! why are we held to a higher standard of work ethic then the leaders of our country?

Are you calling me an O-bot because I didn't list a bunch of reasons why I don't like Obama? I didn't list all the reasons I don't like Obama because that would be offtopic. The topic is about how Obama is addressing the relief agencies like FEMA. If you believe that I'm an O-bot then maybe you are subscribing to your own rhetoric that you are denouncing. Why don't you read my post history and see for yourself what I believe. I shouldn't have to post my political views in every topic I decide to post in so people don't automatically assume how I stand.

You know it's possible to defend someone and not support him. I just see a non-issue here that everyone is getting up in arms about. And now there are many people in this thread who seem to agree with me. Maybe they are Democrats or O-bots, I don't know, I'm not going to assume anything about their political leanings.

I'm so sick of reading political threads where depending on what stance you take in the thread gets you labeled as either an Obama supporter or a Romney supporter. What I've noticed is that there are a large number of independents on this board, but they will attack other independents (making an assumption here: like you) just because they don't agree with them on something. We need to stop the fighting and unite in our common hatred of the Republican and Democratic parties.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
You know it's possible to defend someone and not support him. ...I'm so sick of reading political threads where depending on how what stance you take in the thread gets you labeled as either an Obama supporter or a Romney supporter.

DITTO THAT ! Man that's so true. When I go on a thread exposing Obama's garbage, I get called a far-right Romney supporter. When I go on a thread and expose Romney's flip flopping lies, I get called a liberal. It's rather comical. But also very sad. (I already voted and didn't vote for either one of them)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Great Link you gave !

New Obama Slogan Has Long Ties to Marxism

MSNBC?

President Obama on Tuesday twice used MSNBC’s slogan “lean forward” while addressing Red Cross headquarters in Washington, D.C., about relief for Sandy victims.

Obama twice uses MSNBC slogan ‘Lean Forward’ while addressing disaster relief

There is no Bias here......

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Kinda looks like Obama and MSNBC are holding hands on this one.
I remember when Bush43 was in office, someone asked his press secretary how he wanted the press to handle the Bush administration. He said that he hoped everyone would be 'fair and balanced'. Bush43 had FOX. Obama has MSNBC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join