It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "Every Agency Should 'LEAN FORWARD' .."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Politicizing a tragedy? Making sure no serious crisis goes to waste?
Being sincere and not intentionally including political rhetoric at all?
Well ATS .. what do you think?

Obama said he was suspending campaigning (although the TV keeps playing Obama reelection ads). His latest gimmicky catch phrase is 'FORWARD' with the 'O' being his little symbol of course). So during the FEMA meeting, Obama told all agencies to 'lean forward' and get the job done. That's a really really ODD thing to say. It isn't something that anyone would have used or has used (to the best of my memory). So was he just being sincere and not being political, or was he slipping in his latest election catch phrase in an attempt at something subliminal?

Washinton Times - "Forward" Obama gets a Little Electioneering in During FEMA Briefing

President Obama may have suspended his campaign rallies due to Hurricane Sandy, but he managed to squeeze in his campaign slogan — intentionally or not — during a briefing Tuesday with federal emergency officials.

"The president made clear that he expects his team to remain focused as the immediate impacts of Hurricane Sandy continue and lean forward in their response," the White House said in a statement about Mr. Obama's video-teleconference that he conducted from the White House Situation Room. "Forward" is the slogan of his re-election campaign

Sandy's Aftermath

"My instructions to the federal agency has been, 'Do not figure out why we can't do something. I want you to figure out how we do something. I want you to cut through red tape. I want you to cut through bureaucracy.' There's no excuse for inaction at this point," Obama said during a visit to the headquarters of the American Red Cross. "I want every agency to lean forward and to make sure that we are getting the resources where they need -- where they're needed as quickly as possible."

CBS News - Obama and Romney Halt Campaigning in Sandys Wake

Washington Times - New Obama Slogan Has Long Ties to Marxism

I'm sure some O-bots will say this is 'desperation' on the part of Romney supporters. But hey .. for the record .. I don't like Romney either. I have voted already and it was NOT for Obama or Romney. So don't bother going there ...

edit on 10/31/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Politicizing a tragedy?

Yeah pretty disgusting, isn't it?

edit on 31-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The republicans have politicized the benghazi attack more than hitler politicized the reichstag fire

and the reichstag fire was indeed a false flag..so go figure

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
He may be telling the agencies to "Lean Forward", but he's been telling the American people to "Bend Over" for some time now.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The republicans have politicized the benghazi attack ...

1 - Deflection from the subject.

2 - "Benghazi politicized'. MSNBC and O-Bots keep using that line ... that the Republicans are 'politicizing' Benghazi ... when in fact any sane person should be calling for an investigation into what happened with Benghazi. Saying that a call to investigate Behghazi is 'politicizing a tragedy' isn nothing less than a COVERUP attempt by O-bots.. Ditto the calls by Geraldo and other left wingers to put off an investigation until after the elections. Cover up.

3 - Answer the question ... was Obama politicizing and getting his latest campaign slogan in the FEMA conference or was he just being sincere and used those words without any agenda behind it?

Telling agencies to 'lean forward' in their response to Frankenstorm .. those are very odd words to decide to use. Odd .. unless there is some agenda behind using them .. IMHO.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So was he just being sincere and not being political, or was he slipping in his latest election catch phrase in an attempt at something subliminal?

For a poltician he was being sincere.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
For a poltician he was being sincere.

I like how you had to say 'for a politician'.
Seriously .. it's hard to find a sincere politician, isn't it? And if a politician happens to be really sincere in a situation, we all tend to disbelieve it because they are all so slimey.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I like how you had to say 'for a politician'. Seriously .. it's hard to find a sincere politician, isn't it?

Politicians are what they are and there should be no surprises when we find ones acting dishonest. If they can do a reasonable job then we shouldnt critisize as praise may motivate them to try and keep it up. Remember polticians are still people. Well i think i have said enough wisdom for one night and will crash

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think I will 'lean forward' and hurl if I hear this phrase ever again. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when he inserted that little campaign nugget in his press conference dealing with a deadly storm.

This national nightmare called the Obama administration can't come to an end soon enough to suit me!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Isnt that MSNBC's slogan?

Where is "forward" exactly? What is the destination?

So many people act as though they are racing to some finish line that doesnt exist outside their imaginations and since the concept of "forward" is largely an abstraction one mans "forward" must be another mans "backward".

Is that fair to the other man?

Engineering stupid people with slogans baffles me. Every time somebody claps or cheers they are basically saying "I'm a moron and will chop off my testicles to ride the comet."

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Chris Christie (GOP) Main speaker at the GOP Convention , cant say enough good things about Obama and his Handling of Sandy.

Thanks for the Push over the Top Chris.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I was watching the direct tv channel of Hurricane info through the whole Sandy situation, I thought it was the best coverage with no commercials, and then last night late I was online when the station went to its first break and started playing some really good music. I was swaying to the rhythmic soothing sounds and finally looked up at the tv screen to see it was FEMA channel.

I was like really? A FEMA station on direct tv?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So you are suggesting that the word "forward" should be banned from his vocabulary unless he is at an official campaign event?

There are some people Obama will never be able to please.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

MSNBC has introduced a revamped tagline, "Lean Forward," in an effort to define itself as a progressive beacon — but some pundits are recoiling posted on October 6, 2010, at 3:20 PM MSNBC launches a new branding campaign spotlighting network personalities like Keith Olbermann

MSNBC announced its new slogan, "Lean Forward" — part of a plan to give itself a clearly progressive political position and brand itself as memorably as juggernaut Fox News has with the provocative phrase "Fair and Balanced."

MSNBC's slogan is part of a comprehensive, two-and-a-half year campaign that includes ads in subways and newspapers, as well as TV commercials directed by Spike Lee. Will it work?

theweek.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Every time somebody claps or cheers they are basically saying "I'm a moron and will chop off my testicles to ride the comet."

That is great. I will use that down the road some time.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
So you are suggesting that the word "forward" should be banned from his vocabulary unless he is at an official campaign event?

There are some people Obama will never be able to please.

No, words should not be banned.
But, it shows the underlying stupidity of 0bama and his lack of individual thought. I guess that he has been returned to the collective that connects him the CNN and MNSBC.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Regardless of whether it was a campaign plug at least it was subtle and ambiguous (I mean we are discussing whether or not it was a plug). The same cannot be said for Romney's "disaster relief event" in Ohio that included the sale of anti-Obama shirts, a video biography of Romney, and a speech that seemed more about praising Romney than discussing the disaster this event was supposed to be helping with. I'm not a supporter of either candidate but at least Obama has a modicum of tact.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You guys are reading too far into this. He's just making a metaphor to walking up a steep hill. When you walk up a hill, you lean forward to help your ascent. Well he, Obama, is just saying that this disaster is a hill that FEMA and other agencies have to climb and they'll have to "lean forward" to get up it.

In other words he's telling the agencies that they'll have to work hard to help the people most affected by the storm. It's not like he can do much else. He isn't going to come down to Baltimore and turn the power back on to the high school down the street or anything. I mean I'm not the biggest fan of Obama either but give the guy a break, he's trying to motivate the government rescue agencies and you guys go for the jugular...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

WOW, do you write for the 0bama Campaign team?
That was very imaginative and all. But...................................

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

But what? All I see in this thread is a lousy excuse to attack Obama for sometbing he said. There are plenty of other things to attack Obama with. Trust me, with what I'd say if I was a writer for his campaign I'd be fired quickly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join