Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ALERT Magnitude: 7.7 West Coast of Canada

page: 2
97
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Small warnings about a possible tsunami on the bottom of the tv here in Japan. Nothing major although.
edit on 27-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
9 Buoys In Event Mode!


Make that 11 Buoys in event mode.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
5.8 mag aftershock just hit the area

Second line



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok here they have two 7.1 & a 7.7
dynamic.pdc.org...
ok just got a after shock 5.8



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33
I felt it, i live off the coast. Worked in the Charlottes this summer for a month in camp. First earthquake i've ever felt here in over 30 years. The whole ground shook, didn't even know what was going on for a moment or two.

How did this thread get up so quickly btw? There must be members who monitor earthquake activity round the clock, because it only happened 20 r so minutes ago.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

There are tons of apps that give an almost instant warning of EQ's worldwide. I'm sure if you search the market on your smart phone (assuming you have one) it will come right up. I also have an add-on app for Mozilla Firefox, my screen rattles everytime an EQ hits.



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Ok here they have two 7.1 & a 7.7
dynamic.pdc.org...
ok just got a after shock 5.8

The 7.1 was the original estimated magnitude. It was later upgraded to a 7.7. They are the same, there wasn't two 7.0+ EQ's.



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Tsunami Warning for AK, British Columbia, US East Coast and US West Coast

A tsunami Warning is now in effect which includes the coastal areas of British Columbia and Alaska from the north tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia to Cape Decision, Alaska (85 miles SE of Sitka). - Event details: Preliminary magnitude 7.1 (Mwp) earthquake / Lat: 52.863, Lon: -131.942 at 2012-10-28T03:04:11Z Tsunami warnings mean that a tsunami with significant widespread inundation is expected, or occurring. Warnings indicate that widespread dangerous coastal flooding accompanied by powerful currents is possible and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival.


google.org...
edit on 27-10-2012 by Hydrawolf because: title



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Runciter33
I felt it, i live off the coast. Worked in the Charlottes this summer for a month in camp. First earthquake i've ever felt here in over 30 years. The whole ground shook, didn't even know what was going on for a moment or two.

How did this thread get up so quickly btw? There must be members who monitor earthquake activity round the clock, because it only happened 20 r so minutes ago.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

There are tons of apps that give an almost instant warning of EQ's worldwide. I'm sure if you search the market on your smart phone (assuming you have one) it will come right up. I also have an add-on app for Mozilla Firefox, my screen rattles everytime an EQ hits.


yeah that makes sense now that i think of it. It's amazing how fast news like that can travel with the internet/phones etc. nowadays.

I know people that live on Haida Gwaii (the correct and original name, not the Colonial given name, Queen Charlottes) Hope everyone is alright.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Whoa! Bunch of big ones!



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
I live next door in Alberta, we never see anything EXCITING!! lol

My brother lives in Vancouver.... I hope he uses his fat wife as a flotation device... hahahaha


Are you sure your brothers frst wife didn't cause the quake?



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hate to resort to something that rarely correlates but.. I wonder if this has anything to do with the upcoming full moon? I sure hope this isn't a prequel to something much more devastating in the next couple days. :\

2012 sure is shaping up to be an active year..



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ok one more after shock 4.8



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Estimated Arrival Times


Langara Island, British Columbia 9:16 PM GMT-07 (10 minutes from now)

Sitka, Alaska 8:42 PM GMT-08 (36 minutes from now)

Elfin Cove, Alaska 8:53 PM GMT-08 (47 minutes from now)

Tofino, British Columbia 10:09 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 3 minutes from now)

Craig, Alaska 9:10 PM GMT-08 (1 hour, 4 minutes from now)

Neah Bay, Washington 10:18 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 12 minutes from now)

Charleston, Oregon 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Seaside, Oregon 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Westport, Washington 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Yakutat, Alaska 9:40 PM GMT-08 (1 hour, 34 minutes from now)

Crescent City, California 10:53 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 47 minutes from now)


Plus 15 other locations

google.org...



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Hate to resort to something that rarely correlates but.. I wonder if this has anything to do with the upcoming full moon? I sure hope this isn't a prequel to something much more devastating in the next couple days. :

2012 sure is shaping up to be an active year..


Indeed it is, I hope the East Coast hurricane fizzles out as well, there could be a lot of flooding in NY.
So far, no injuries from the EQ, according to the news.
abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=8862305
www.reuters.com...
www.chicagotribune.com...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cnbc.com...
edit on 27-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I just got a message from someone in my hometown in Alaska that they felt the earthquake there.

That's about 600 or 700 miles up the coast.


edit on 27-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
Estimated Arrival Times


Langara Island, British Columbia 9:16 PM GMT-07 (10 minutes from now)

Sitka, Alaska 8:42 PM GMT-08 (36 minutes from now)

Elfin Cove, Alaska 8:53 PM GMT-08 (47 minutes from now)

Tofino, British Columbia 10:09 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 3 minutes from now)

Craig, Alaska 9:10 PM GMT-08 (1 hour, 4 minutes from now)

Neah Bay, Washington 10:18 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 12 minutes from now)

Charleston, Oregon 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Seaside, Oregon 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Westport, Washington 10:36 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 30 minutes from now)

Yakutat, Alaska 9:40 PM GMT-08 (1 hour, 34 minutes from now)

Crescent City, California 10:53 PM GMT-07 (1 hour, 47 minutes from now)


Plus 15 other locations

google.org...



Thanks for the link, here's the graphic.


I wonder how tall the wave is?



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
whats the size of the tsunami?



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just got the call about it from friends who felt it. I didn't feel it.
I'm concerned because the local news reports say a tsunami warning was issued but I don't see that on NOAA Site.


Tsunami warning issued after earthquake strikes off Haida Gwaii STAFF The Globe and Mail Published Saturday, Oct. 27 2012, 11:27 PM EDT Last updated Sunday, Oct. 28 2012, 12:15 AM EDT



I thought ok, it was called off, but I don't see " cancellation" like you generally do once you check later.so I wonder can one warning centre issue it while another says no?
I live inland from vancouver, beside the Fraser river, if there is one, would it flow into that?

edit on 27-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
whats the size of the tsunami?

I imagine it varies from place to place but here is a link with all the info you need..

google.org...



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Nice!


I know this is probably a silly question but what are the chances of the surge reaching Australia?





new topics

top topics



 
97
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join