It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Magnitude: 7.7 West Coast of Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I mentioned in the Quake Watch thread that I was trying to get a hold of my friend in Seattle. Finally heard from them, and no, they did not feel it in Seattle. I wonder why it could have been felt in AK as someone mentioned upthread, and not in Seattle? Difference in geology?
edit on 10/27/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Looking the lack of information on the tsunami reports, I wonder what would happen in case of a tsunami like the one that hit Japan. (Not the case now of course)
edit on 27-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Yeah, the weather channel just said it was a 7.7 with a tsunami warning.
edit on 10/27/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

No Tsunami Warning yet...

ptwc.weather.gov...

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Exactly, probably geological diferences in the region.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Issued by The National Weather Service West Coast/Alaska Tsunami Warning Center, AK 8:10 pm AKDT, Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 ... THE TSUNAMI WARNING CONTINUES IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA FROM THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA TO CAPE DECISION ALASKA/LOCATED 85 MILES SE OF SITKA/... PEOPLE IN TSUNAMI WARNING COASTAL AREAS SHOULD MOVE INLAND TO HIGHER GROUND. TSUNAMI WARNINGS MEAN THAT A TSUNAMI WITH SIGNIFICANT WIDESPREAD INUNDATION IS IMMINENT... EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. TSUNAMIS ARE A SERIES OF WAVES POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SEVERAL HOURS AFTER INITIAL ARRIVAL TIME. ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL FOR SELECTED SITES IN THE WARNING ARE PROVIDED BELOW.

AK weather alert

That scares me

Thats where my home town is.

I was following threads on fb from friends there and they all felt it and some places strong...
They always told me when I was there that we probably wouldn't get tsunamis because of the surrounding mountains... I didn't believe them.
I hope it's nothing.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Yeah, the weather channel just said it was a 7.7 with a tsunami warning.
edit on 10/27/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

No Tsunami Warning yet...

ptwc.weather.gov...

Peace

Really??

google.org...

What does that mean then?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

www.sitka.net...

water facing webcams from sitka

please list webcams along the coast

juneau web cam facing ocean
www.juneau.org...

wickaninnish beach cam (surf) canada
www.surfcam.ca...

xp

edit on 27-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My brother just contacted me and said they were good there, just a jello shaker...
so I guess they are ok...
scary stuff man.
Webcam of downtown petersburg AK right now.
(Home town)
The store and construction is on main street, waters edge is off screen and to the left.

www.ipcamhost.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Tsunami warning off the coast of British Columbia.. www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I told ya'll so...

I told you so

Peace!

Hardly, I feel a major earthquake is one that causes a large amount of damage. I dont see that as the case here. So try again

Edit: Also. where in there do you mention an earthquake?

Folks, to put it out there, there is a hurricane right now in the Caribbeans. Size is huge. Forecast track is taking it either rubbing it with the east coast or out in the Atlantic. This storm has a potential to do a lot of damage and destruction for the east coast , if it takes are more northern track. Also this is not the only thing we need to worry about, there is also a Low Pressure system coming from the west of the US. Just like we get Nor Easters, this one is like saying a hurricane combining with another storm and forming into one over the east coast. I am not saying this is likely to happen, but there are chances that it can, if it takes a more northern track. I am located on the East coast, so lets see this will be interesting to follow since I will be part of this Historic or perfect storm as some meteorologist are calling it. If you live on the east coast please follow the weather and be prepared just in case this disaster strikes. Also just to put this out there, here is a prediction made by this lady in Feb. See talks about a cyclone forming in the Caribbeans and guess what this thing formed in the Caribbeans. She also said this will be a storm that is huge in size and dont have words to express it. Could this be the storm that the Psychic predicted. Either way East Coast US, followed the weather and be prepared just in case thing thing turns into a monster. I ll keep this post updated with the trajectory paths.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Good to hear that your brother is ok.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Whatever

I'm just glad no one is hurt so far.

link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Hate to resort to something that rarely correlates but.. I wonder if this has anything to do with the upcoming full moon? I sure hope this isn't a prequel to something much more devastating in the next couple days. :\

2012 sure is shaping up to be an active year..

I am not an expert on the subject, and my opinion should carry no weight. That being said, I have noticed that earthquakes, at least in North America, tend to occur more powerfully at quarter moons after solid hydration.

link   
So - what happens if a tsunami hits Fukushima?
So much going on..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

They have protective walls in the coast. I think the tsunami needs to have more than 5m height.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I truely wish ppl would get off the "full moon" kick.........is your pond or lake flooded when the sun moves shade from the trees over it?....same theory....full/new.....makes no diff...!
it's just shade .......not allmighty gravitational light bending forces.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Whatever

I'm just glad no one is hurt so far.

You didnt say anything about an earthquake, so what are you referring to?

Edit: Ok I see "Large California Earthquake"

edit on 27-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We have been interrupted 2 times in the past 15 minutes with tsunami warnings. It is dark and cold outside, so I am not going to the beach to watch to see if anything is going to happen. Good luck to all the other Alaskan's and Canadians out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just thought this was interesting -

Quake in B.C. came at 8:04 pm local time; by comparison, Canada's biggest quake, also on Queen Charlotte Fault, was 8.1 in 1949.

www.breakingnews.com...

edit on 27-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.

Not that it matters really, but if you want to knit pick....
You are reading the one below the one I posted it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join