It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard Whistleblower: "Doomsday Preppers Will Be Treated As Terrorists"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
will they arrest me for having 5 gas masks instead of one?
Will they arrest me for having 5 guns instead of one?
Will they weigh the food in my basement to determine if I am a dooms day prepper?
what sort of numbers on items will be presented in court to my lawyer by the defense attorney?
isnt this sort of a grey area?
When does a bug out kit become a bug out kit rather than a emergency bag?
edit on 25-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

They will probably say, "Do you own a firearm?"
Yes means you are a militant terrorist.
They will then ask" do you have more than three days of food on hand?"
A yes means you are a terrorist hoarder.
The third question will be, " Who did you vote for?"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Still selling snake oil are we Alex?

Give it a rest buddy, you stopped being relevant in 2005.

This isn't news. The US has ALWAYS considered constitutionalists, SHTF activists and preppers to be potential domestic terrorists.

AT least in the post 911 world and certainly before that. Think back to militias.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If the government were to give orders like that, they would be telling those two young men more than half their family is an enemy of the country. I don't think they would be on the government's side should it go down like that.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past the government to be dumb enough to try it...... They seem getting out of touch with the real world, more and more each year.
edit on Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:07:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

haha amusing.
here in Texas we are allowed to openly walk around with guns on our belts for all to see. no permits required.
The point im trying to make is this law cant pass without certain parameters passed by congress.
and considering all the factors this law would have to take into account for you to be a doomsday prepper...
this story is pretty much BS

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Well, if civil unrest erupts all over the country, wouldn't the people involved become a "domestic enemy"

"against all enemies, foreign AND domestic"

Oath fulfilled, not broken.

The civilians are (supposedly) the ones who own the country, everyone else is employed by us Civilians, if the civilians are upset that means OUR employees have gone too far and are working against us in very treasonous manners so if they (our politicians and such, our employees) are against us, they are then our enemies, because we the people are what make this country, so the Domestic Enemy are the ass clowns in the government.

That's all I have to add

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well truth be told the Gov't is already training their people that the founders of our country are to be consider terrorists.

Their definition of who and what a terrorist is ever expanding and they are constantly looking everywhere to find these terrorist boogeymen they create. So I wouldn't be surprised if the day came they gave out orders to the military that American citizens are terrorists. Yes many folks in uniform will see whats going on but man it's not easy going against your superiors.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah so does my brother. He got out 2010 so he gets 100%. The reduction in benefits starts about the 3 year mark of service since 9/11/01. Anyone that got out before 9/11/2004 really needs to look at the percentage they would fall under before making any changes to their GI benefits. I thought it only applied to BAH but it's also tuition and books.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I spent the majority of my military career in the national guard, and still have regular contact with both officers and NCO's from my old unit. In fact, I was pheasant hunting last week with a flag officer.

They have been given no such briefings.

If Alex Jones told me the sky was blue, I would look for myself before I believed him.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Excellent. This is why I dig ATS. Are your friends from Texas by chance? I would love to narrow this down as much as possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Excellent. This is why I dig ATS. Are your friends from Texas by chance? I would love to narrow this down as much as possible.

Minnesota.

The Red Bulls.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
A question of logic here.

Why would the government be worried about someone doing as they are told and remaining in their home, or on their property.

Wouldn't the authorities have their hands full of the idiots looting Nike shoes and big screen televisions?

This story doesn't make any sense people.

Uncle Sam is going to have his hands full for a while. I am pretty sure that they will be thanking people for being prepared.

Once again A.J. playing the fools card to make everyone Even more paranoid.

Are you guys ever going to learn what A.J. is all about.

Target people that are more prepared than others, lol.....are they just going to ignore the Guy robbing everyone on the way to arrest the prepper.

Absolutely absurd.

edit on 25-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: stupid phone

edit on 25-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The whole thing is double talking nonsense.

“I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic”
So begins the Oath of Enlistment for the U.S. military

This is the only thing in the entire article that is true.

The rest of it is ridiculous....

but in an explosive interview with a National Guard whistleblower shown below, soldiers are now being advised they will be ordered to break that oath should civil unrest erupt across the country.

"ALL THREATS both foreign and domestic."

Civil unrest would be considered a domestic threat so how exactly would the soldiers be breaking their oath?

That's as far as I got before I saw Alex Jones and burst into a fit of laughter.

You want a sign for the end of the world? The day Alex Jones gets it right.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

its not about being a hater.. lover nor hate have anything to do with his track record

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I used to have much faith in the ATS community; open minded and intelligent individuals. But as the years have passed the collective IQ of this dump ... well has taken a dump. No longer do we shuffle the ideas of what could be, but, now we just throw it all out the window and hate on each other. And by hate on each other I mean, defame and discredit anyone who thinks outside the box.

Now, Who is to say that TPTB are aware of whats being done to counteract any of their movements, therefore they halt?

How about we put the Egos, ATS points and vanity of seeing our comments getting "s&f's" and respect one another .. just a wee bit more.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When will people here realize that there are Phil Shnieder types everywhere?

I cite the website "Haarpstatus dot com" as evidence.

In that case some wingnut changes the color scheme to indicate that Haarp is active wherever the current hot topic is.

It's nonsense and it begs to be debunked.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sounds more like a rumor than a whistle blowing. But even if it is true did you expect any other response? We already know that Police will shoot at anyone with a gun, mallet, garden shears, you might be an eighty year old lady and if you give them a hard time they'll shoot. And they don't shoot to bring you down any more. I guess its the old reasoning, the dead can't sue like the living can so they make sure to finish you off and kill you dead. Saves paperwork and trouble all around, at least for them. They can say they felt threatened. It's one of those things hard to prove what was in their heads now isn't it? Sometimes I think they are saying to themselves I hope I get to use the gun today. Oh yeah...If people start bugging out these guys are going to rush in, guns a blazing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
reply to post by badgerprints

haha amusing.
here in Texas we are allowed to openly walk around with guns on our belts for all to see. no permits required.
The point im trying to make is this law cant pass without certain parameters passed by congress.
and considering all the factors this law would have to take into account for you to be a doomsday prepper...
this story is pretty much BS

Like I said in a previous post. I don't believe Art Bell on anything. The story IS pretty much BS.

I was simply answering a previous posters questions.

BUT
You taken a look at the patriot act?
Or any of Bushes sixty+ executive orders?
Or any of Obama's 140 executive orders?
Or FEMA's extensive powers?

Not a good thing.

The problem, as I honestly see it, is that the reversing and sequestering of our freedoms is done a tiny bit at a time but these nutbags like Bell make it all sound so absurd that nobody actually believes it when they SEE their own freedoms being removed.

edit on 25-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Swills

I'll take a look, but I'm gonna be frank-I've been here a long time, not one thing this blowhard has said has ever happened. Every time he screams false flag nothing happens, every time he screams takeover nothing happens.

He's the boy who cried wolf on a massive scale. I'll comment further when I finish.

9/11!!!! He predicted the event pretty accurately months before it went down.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

He took that from someone else who I am not going to name. I have seen at least 5 other people who predicted it as well so Jones is not unique in that.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Theres a huge week long military exercise going on at the base near my home.

What was of the things they are training for?

Protesters and riots at the gates of the base. I only know because I work with the wife of one of the soldiers, otherwise the local media hasn't picked up on it.

So, whille AJ is a "sensationalist" (under statement!) -- I tend to believe this is entirely possible.

Okay, so what's the base?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join