It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard Whistleblower: "Doomsday Preppers Will Be Treated As Terrorists"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I'm curious how many Alex Jones threads are actually in the Hoax Bin?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

It won't happen again.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't buy it. Other than the fact its Alex Jones who interviews someone who is supposed to be NG, we have the 2nd amendment. I believe a ton of states have passed laws internally that ban the confiscation of firearms during state of emergencies, including martial law (granted this was after the Katrina disaster). Also, I just can't see it happening with more guns in the country to arm every man woman and child they would have a full blown insurrection going on. I mean it wouldn't take long for fellow countrymen including the ones that are in the military to realize that what they are doing is unconstitutional in a variety of ways and only oppression awaits them otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, I talked to an old friend who is a guardsman from the tristate area, he has not heard anything like this where he is at. Also talked to his older brother who is a marine, same with him. Both assured me they would keep their ear to the ground, and eyes peeled, but don't expect anything to come of it. Obviously i am just as anon as the alleged whistleblower, I guess you all just have to figure out who sounds more credible.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When are people going to realise that Alex Jones is just a business (con?) man?

You do understand he sells fear to the ignorant, free of charge to lure you to his website to purchase survival items (:lol
, shirts, stickers, caps and I hear coming soon....AJ branded pencil cases, toasters and blenders.

FFS....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well, I talked to an old friend who is a guardsman from the tristate area, he has not heard anything like this where he is at. Also talked to his older brother who is a marine, same with him. Both assured me they would keep their ear to the ground, and eyes peeled, but don't expect anything to come of it. Obviously i am just as anon as the alleged whistleblower, I guess you all just have to figure out who sounds more credible.

Ya, I did the same thing with the friends Ive got in the services,.
All bunk,.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm half-and-half when it comes to Alex Jones. My bias stated I starred and flagged your OP because I think on a more broad level the theme is important and deserves broad examination.

In a nutshell I think the fundamental question that needs to be asked is this: "Who is initiating the aggression?"
edit on 25-10-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I'm gonna admit it's funny to listen to him sometimes. I remember he proclaimed that pizza companies check your background when you order from them and I fell off my couch laughing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising
reply to post by Swills

I don't buy it. Other than the fact its Alex Jones who interviews someone who is supposed to be NG, we have the 2nd amendment. I believe a ton of states have passed laws internally that ban the confiscation of firearms during state of emergencies, including martial law (granted this was after the Katrina disaster). Also, I just can't see it happening with more guns in the country to arm every man woman and child they would have a full blown insurrection going on. I mean it wouldn't take long for fellow countrymen including the ones that are in the military to realize that what they are doing is unconstitutional in a variety of ways and only oppression awaits them otherwise.

I don't dare put the idea past our Gov't that they want and will try to take weapons away from Americans. Wasn't the Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner about stripping rights away, among conspiracy circles? It's true that more Americans have been buying guns and ammo these days, and so has the Gov't, basically everyone is arming themselves. So if the Gov't is looking to install Martial Law then it would be in their best interest to get the guns away from the citizens. With the way things are going in politics in America right now I'm open to anything and everything.

Bottom line is, whether you believe Soldier X or not you can believe our Gov't is corrupt to the bone and definitely getting ready for something.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

And a thank you to you as well for contacting your friends and family for verification and definitely keep us posted if any news comes your way.

Anyone have National Guardsmen contacts in Texas? That's where Soldier X is stationed.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
When are people going to realise that Alex Jones is just a business (con?) man?

You do understand he sells fear to the ignorant, free of charge to lure you to his website to purchase survival items (:lol
, shirts, stickers, caps and I hear coming soon....AJ branded pencil cases, toasters and blenders.

FFS....

Yeah I get it, you don't like Alex Jones. And I get he has advertisements on his website/programs, just like everyone else. Glenn Beck and Alex Jones seem to have some of the same advertisements

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I'm gonna admit it's funny to listen to him sometimes. I remember he proclaimed that pizza companies check your background when you order from them and I fell off my couch laughing.

Yeah buddy, I love it when he rants and says redunkulous things like that.
I can totally see him saying that too

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Just don't tell anyone about ones prepping. This is the only site i have ever mentioned my prepping, but the good new for me is I live down under.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Oh yeah, you have to be at least half on and half off listening to Jones. He's a great sensationalist and exaggerator, but he does shed light and open doors for everyone and that's his biggest strong suit. He'll be talking about the things most outlets will never ever touch. He's anti MSM and anyone anti MSM is a friend of mine. And he's his message is one I agree with, a lot of people do, end the wars, end the corruption, live free, etc. End the wars and corruption then Alex Jones will be no more
. That said, he does have some gold as well and great interviews.

Whose starting the aggression? Well in my opinion it's the corrupted folks in Washington DC and their friends.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Remember with the 9/11 GI Bill, if you didn't serve for at least 3 years after 9/11, your benefits are reduced based on length of service. I got out in 2003 and mine is reduced to 60%. I recommend those who fall into this catagory to stay with the MGIB instead of converting to the 9/11 GI Bill.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Swills

I'll take a look, but I'm gonna be frank-I've been here a long time, not one thing this blowhard has said has ever happened. Every time he screams false flag nothing happens, every time he screams takeover nothing happens.

He's the boy who cried wolf on a massive scale. I'll comment further when I finish.

I agree with you about this guy.
Unfortunately, I also believe any perceived opportunity will be taken to divest citizens of their second amendment rights.
There is also an alarmingly high number of people who have no food or supplies for emergencies like earthquakes or hurricanes. A serious emergency that lasts more than a few days will have half of the country calling anyone with emergency food and supplies preppers and/or terrorists and will target them by political expedient.
The more power a government has over it's citizens, the more citizens must be prepared for betrayal or government failure.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
AJ has been right and wrong in the past but has brought forth more truth than anyone here.
WTF is wrong with being prepared to defend your life and liberty RIGHT NOW?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I didn't know it was reduced if you didn't serve past 2003? I got out in 2005 so I got the whole thing, I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
will they arrest me for having 5 gas masks instead of one?
Will they arrest me for having 5 guns instead of one?
Will they weigh the food in my basement to determine if I am a dooms day prepper?
what sort of numbers on items will be presented in court to my lawyer by the defense attorney?
isnt this sort of a grey area?
When does a bug out kit become a bug out kit rather than a emergency bag?
edit on 25-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
as i listened to this..i thought back to my time in the NG..we were told in an 'informal, rumour control briefing'. that we had every couple of months'..(yes they do exist)..that we were going to be mobilized to iraq no later than march 2005..this was aug 2004 and this info was not available to the public yet and we should keep this to ourselves and prepare privately...and in march 2005, we were mobilized to training for 6 months before being shipped to iraq.....at the time nobody ever that about alerting the media because alot of MG units wre heading over..all we can do is wait to see if this actually happens..... remember we are talking about people who live in the same city, who are neighbors and possibly relatives...work together and train together......

i always find in funny that 'arm chair generals' chime in to ...'what really happens' ..that said orders do change and anybody that has been in the military knows that on a personal level........all we can do is wait and see......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join