It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Campaign is OVER, President Obama to Serve a Second Term.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

He is ahead in the polls. obama is to blame for for the debt but bush is far more responsible for that than romney.
please do the math when bush left office with debt compared to obma......
The numbers get higher and higher.
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WINS................THE DEBT WILL NEVER BE REDUCED............
16 TRILLION IS GOING TO COMPOUND AND COMPOUND.
YOU CAN CUT EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN THE GOVERNMENT AND WE ARE STILL SCREWED
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR A REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT
WAKE UP EVERYONE....
THEY HAVE US FIGHTING EACH OTHER AND AS LONG AS THEY DO WE LOSE.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Just think, Bain adds have been running for months and Romney has flip-flopped on many issues, so he has already been pinned as a shyster. The coffin lid is sealed, but no one wants to put it in the ground. More nails won't make a difference.

There is one truism here...only the far left and right never flip flop....If you are a moderate you go back and forth many times over...

One last thing... why is Bain worst than the President wasting 800 billion dollars? Bain is chump change to what the President has failed at...lol Hell...we don't even need to go 800 billion..we just need to go Obama green failed companies and Bain is still chump change to that.

Oops one more thing... so the 50 companies that were going under and Bain saved...how many jobs did they save compared to the dreded "sent over seas". The truth is all those companies have more employees today then before, so lost jobs are a big spin...BIG spin, but that is all the left has....

Damn those clean living Mormons...lol

edit on 24-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

American has been living on borrowed money since 9/11 when things started slipping and the President then said DON'T LET THEM WIN. GO SHOPPING PEOPLE. BUY. BUY. BUY.
Everyone's credit debt hit the ceiling. We just kept adding and adding on with out paying. Shopping and shopping and charging and charging. You had to know that bill was going to come due sometime.
It came due in 2008 and we are still struggling to pay it. Microcosms within microcosms. It happened in families and to people. It happened to country's and nations. You think that was Obama's fault? The stimulus was too little to spur the economy much - more was required but Obama had to fight tooth and nail to get that. When GWB isn't President, all of a sudden we hate borrowing from China. What a disingenuous crock. How is Obama any different than someone like say Reagan who ran about a billion a year deficit and left the country owing 7 trillion? Reaganomics helped people who had stock and investments and killed the other 70% of the country. People are really stupid and just seem to listen to whoever screams the loudest and waves a little cash around.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Clinton lied under oath. It seemed the only people that were really upset by this were those that did not like him in the first place. The rest of the people, while not approving of perjury, were willing to let Clinton slide.

Now Romney is no Clinton, I can suspect the same thing can be said of this accusation. The only people this really riles up are those who were going to vote for Obama anyway. The rest of the country will look at it as mudslinging and/or buy into whatever explaination Romney gives.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I was just saying that observant voters have had the "Romney is a business crook" narrative shoved down their throat for the last few months, so they either think he is a business crook or a business genius.

My post was mostly about how this story won't gain any momentum or change many minds because I feel like most people have their minds made up, but I agree with your comment about moderates changing sides. I'm not against politicians changing their minds based on facts, but I'm very much against them doing the politically expedient thing. Almost as much as I'm against them holding a hard line despite reason or public benefit.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

How is Obama any different than someone like say Reagan who ran about a billion a year deficit and left the country owing 7 trillion? Reaganomics helped people who had stock and investments and killed the other 70% of the country.
reply to post by newcovenant

At least they have a heart, now all they want to kill is 47% of the country!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
in 2008 TPTB Showed the world how powerful they actually are.
They got a one term Senator, with questionable birth, muslim name ( while most Americans feel we are at war with), only voting record in the Senate is "PRESENT", A man that was disbarred from the Ill. BAR., And through the media made him the messiah of the Democratic party.
And now 2012 not one person can say how he has helped this country get better, they just blindly praise him!
I laugh at you .....and cry........as when you awaken and realize that no matter who gets elected both are bought off. I just ask for people to put away the blinders, and wake up! I am concerned at how many supports obama bin laden but know of anything that he has done...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is one thing to be a flip-flop, and another thing to have a nuanced world view and to be open to different ideas.

Take an issue like abortion. There are extremists who think abortion is always okay and should always be free and legal to any person who asks for one. There are the extremists who think abortion is always wrong and nobody under any circumstances should be allowed to get one.

Most of us are in the middle. Many pro-lifers are willing to make exceptions in cases of rape, incest, or the mother's life being in danger. Many pro-choicers may wish to put some restrictions on abortion in the later months of pregnancy, may not be comfortable with tax payer dollars funding abortions, or may feel that minors should not freely get abortions.

A "pro-choice" politician is not a flip flopper if they say late term abortions should be illegal except when the mother's life is in danger. A "pro-life" politician is not a flip flopper when they say rape victims should be allowed to get abortions.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

Are you saying you forgot 8 years of Bush? I would much rather cry over that, Obama was left with something no one would have really wanted to inherit, then make something out of it, nothing from nothing leaves nothing, but lets be honest, we do have something much more than where we were 4 years ago, remember what the treasury secretary Paulson said we were facing ? or do you remember a guy named Paulson ?

As much as people do not want to admit it, 3 years and some change , no pun, is definitely never going to immediately counter, damage that 8 years of the war machine inflicted on our economy, lying to go to war, costing billions perhaps trillions, not going to Afghanistan first, see people are not remembering things, you need to look at what got us here, surely not Obama, he did not have a mop big enough to clean up the mess we found ourselves in almost 4 years ago.

Dear republicans in denial, please go back and study your last sitting president's term and think long and hard about it, what does Romney have that will instill confidence or convince us his band of neocons from the Bush bandwagon will not put us back into that hurt locker?

Do you remember this?
Paulson Selling Bailout, aftermath of Bush Mess

or this ?
Bush depression worse than 1930's

or this ?
Bush pushing for anyone getting mortgages

Ok yes Obama is terrible and did nothing since entering office LOL
Some people seem to have been hit by amnesia or maybe the scars left from that period were so bad they forgot.

edit on 25-10-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

My post was mostly about how this story won't gain any momentum or change many minds because I feel like most people have their minds made up, but I agree with your comment about moderates changing sides. I'm not against politicians changing their minds based on facts, but I'm very much against them doing the politically expedient thing. Almost as much as I'm against them holding a hard line despite reason or public benefit.

I agree with you 100%

One aspect to Romney is his so called flip flops are based on what he did as a Governor compared to what he would do as a President, and I don't have a problem with that type of flip flop for what is good for a state, or what a state wants does not mean it is good for ALL states at the federal level.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Why do you think it has to be obama? You do realize there are other choices right? If we had to chose another I would say write in Ron Paul or go with either Libertarian, Green Party, Constitutional I think the other is called Judicial. Anyway I am thinking of throwing my vote to Gary Johnson just to put it on the ballot as neither Red or Blue.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Most of us are in the middle. Many pro-lifers are willing to make exceptions in cases of rape, incest, or the mother's life being in danger. Many pro-choicers may wish to put some restrictions on abortion in the later months of pregnancy, may not be comfortable with tax payer dollars funding abortions, or may feel that minors should not freely get abortions.

I agree...and I guess I'm a flip flopper on this. I'm against abortions...I see them as a big hit to the morals of society. We end up calling a human an " it" to justify them...

With that said they seem to be the lesser of two evils at times and so they will stay around until science fixes this whole unwanted birth thing in the form of long term, no mistake birth control.

I did love it when Biden said he was a practicing Catholic but was not against abortions for others....that was weak sauce in my books...where Ryan at least had the balls to actually say his beliefs...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I agree with you 100%

One aspect to Romney is his so called flip flops are based on what he did as a Governor compared to what he would do as a President, and I don't have a problem with that type of flip flop for what is good for a state, or what a state wants does not mean it is good for ALL states at the federal level.

He is flipped on every position less his favorite ice cream flavor.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Why do you think it has to be obama? You do realize there are other choices right? If we had to chose another I would say write in Ron Paul or go with either Libertarian, Green Party, Constitutional I think the other is called Judicial. Anyway I am thinking of throwing my vote to Gary Johnson just to put it on the ballot as neither Red or Blue.

Do you know how much I wanted President Obama and Ron Paul to debate? Alas, maybe on another timeline in a different lifetime

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian

Are you saying you forgot 8 years of Bush?

So you think Bush sucked....that still doesn't suggest Obama hasn't sucked too....hehe
They both can suck...I guess that is the point, but hey we can do what we did with Bush and have him suck 8 years too.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator
He is flipped on every position less his favorite ice cream flavor.

Good

When he goes out and blows 800 billion then I might see him in a more negative light. One thing to think about is all this crap about Romney is pure speculative and all the failures of Obama is pure fact...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

Well, if this kind of tabloid garbage is the best anyone can make for an "October Surprise", the records will record this one falling singularly flat. Just as Trump would have been wrong and irrelevant to have splashed something about Obama divorce papers....this too REEKS of tabloid partisan reporting.

The OP is great to bring it for all to see, but those who originally generated the report are partisan hacks, not reporters. It's widespread to both sides....however, this is really the best they can do days from the election?

* First post.. reply to OP page
edit on 25-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Romney can't have it both ways...he can't testify in court on the one hand that Staples had no value and then, on the other hand, tout it in numerous campaign speeches as a Bain Capital success story. One has to be untrue.

However, IMHO, it has no real bearing on the campaign at this late date...except maybe to underscore to undecided voters the type of money circles Romney runs in and the lifestyles and ethics of the rich and famous.
edit on 10/25/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
Great news if true because this country CANNOT HANDLE A THIRD TERM OF BUSH in office.

Looks like we will keep steadily moving FORWARD rather than NOSE-DIVING downward into the TOILET. WHEW!!

Not that Im a Rommey supporter but wtf? Third Bush term?
Obama and Bush both did the same crap while in office. Bush had a stimulus bill as well. Goes to show how one sided most of you really are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is all speculation. There is a gag order and a seal on the records so this is pure conjecture.
There is no way any of us can say with 100% certainty what happened during the divorce trial and who said what.

Also, the old saying of a "woman scorned".

Really, a divorce that happened in the 90's where the ex-wife felt jilted.
And she picks NOW to say some thing about the trial.
Of course she's going to slam Romney if he was on her husbands side during the divorce.

You can bet with Gloria Allred involved she'll get the media air time.
This ex-wife wants her 15 minutes of fame and is probably out for blood against Romney.

I'll just wait and see if & when they release any info, if it has any bearing on Romney personally.

Until then, there are a lot more serious problems going on right now, and it doesn't concern an age old divorce.

And there are higher ups in the W.H. that lie.....BIG TIME!!
That's definitively more of a major concern than the other, IMO.....

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join