It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Campaign is OVER, President Obama to Serve a Second Term.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Nothing here but smear, moving on.

But I leave you with this thought. Since Obama was cheating on Michelle and she was about to divorce him, maybe we should take a look into that since we're on the subject of other people's divorce hearings.

Obama has so many scandals. It amazes me that more people aren't aware of the Chicago bathhouse scandal.

fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Fromabove
Nothing here but smear, moving on.
But I leave you with this thought. Since Obama was cheating on Michelle and she was about to divorce him, maybe we should take a look into that since we're on the subject of other people's divorce hearings.

Obama has so many scandals. It amazes me that more people aren't aware of the Chicago bathhouse scandal.
fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

His pastor Jeremiah Wright at Trinity Church ran a Down Low club and BHO was recruited into it because of his homosexuality. So the type of "scandal" you're referring to doesn't even compare to the level of homo scandal of the Down Low club at Trinity Church whose members reveal Obama's participation that 'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided as cover for gays' in his sick parish. Please GOOGLE IT.........I have no desire to look into any further because its so damn disgusting.

Down-low is an colored homo slang term that refers to a subculture of men who usually identify as heterosexual, but who have sex with men; some avoid sharing this information even if they have female sexual partner(s). The term is also used to refer to a related sexual identity.

BTW - Three gay choir choir members at Trinity Church have been murdered.......
edit on 25-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adamc3

This is a big fuss over nothing....and your headline? Really? The gist of your OP is that Romney lied about the value of Staples stock. Your proof - that he, at a later time, sold his shares to Goldman Sachs for a profit. Your argument is unprovable and your proof is irrelevant.

I guess we will soon see, the judge unsealed the records.

CANTON, Mass. (AP) -- A Massachusetts judge on Thursday granted a request to unseal testimony by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the decades-old divorce of Staples founder Tom Stemberg.

Lawyers for The Boston Globe sought release of the testimony, arguing that the public has the right to know the contents because Stemberg has been a prominent spokesman for Romney's qualifications for the presidency and has cited Romney's role in Staples' success. The office supply company was founded with backing from Romney's firm, Bain Capital.

Stemberg's ex-wife, Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, supported the Globe's request. The transcripts were not immediately released Thursday; lawyers said they were still reviewing them.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_STAPLES_FOUNDER_DIVORCE_ROMNEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-24-11-55-51]LINK[/ur l]

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Most of the people I know who are supporting Romney could care less about anything bad he's done. They ignore it. Just like the Obama cheerleaders who refuse to discuss anything about Fast and Furious or the plethora of other scandals associated with our president.

There is no such thing as a "nail in the coffin" for the campaign of any U.S. candidates anymore because people are brain dead.
edit on 25-10-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Romney Defeated! Obama Wins! Losers don't have to work for 4 more years!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Romney didnt load up on Staples stock, devestating Allred's case

I love it when smear campaigns fail miserably....Trumps too.

Gloria Allred is the worst type of ambulance chasing scum...she has a political agenda to boot.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

I guess we will soon see, the judge unsealed the records.

Yes and this is what we've discovered, Romney didn't think the stock was worth anything, or certainly he'd bought some.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney not only thought Bain Capital-backed Staples stock was a risky investment, he never exercised all of his options to buy it, according to new testimony that is devastating to Obama backer and celebrity attorney Gloria Allred's bid to use a 1987 divorce and subsequent appeals to torpedo Romney's campaign.

At issue is the 1987-1988 divorce of Staples founder Tom Stemberg and Maureen Sullivan Stemberg. The ex-wife believes that during the initial divorce settlement, the value of Stemberg's Staples stock was undervalued and her take was cut as a result. Sources said that the former Mrs. Stemberg believes that Romney schemed to devalue the price of Staples stock to help her husband.

Sounds an awful like she felt cheated, but not because of Romney's testimony.

Despite earlier reports, Romney, then a leader at Bain, a major Staples investor, did not testify in the first divorce case - as there was no actual divorce trial. He did testify during one of Stemberg's efforts to re-litigate the divorce settlement in later years.

You did read this part didn't you? Basically said in Plain English for you all, Romney did not testify in the first divorce case - as there was no actual divorce trial.

Below is the transcript provided to Secrets. In the questioning, the "Q" is attorney Bernard Dwork, Stemberg's attorney, and the "A" is Romney. Q: "Thank you. Now, you say that before making the investment in Staples round C you read the statement 'Additionally, this is planned to be Staples final equity offering prior to a public offering of mid 1989.' And you say that you did not - Strike that. You say you read that statement. Let me ask you this, sir. Did you, therefore, as a result of that subscribe to the full amount to which you were entitled to subscribe?" A: "I did not." Q: "And why was that, sir?" A: "Because while I believed that there was a realistic probability that we would achieve that outcome, there was also a realistic probability that we would either lose our money or we would achieve something less than that. And my personal assessment and that of my partners was that the risk that we would not achieve the plan was high enough that we should not subscribe to our full amount." Q: "And you did not subscribe to the full amount?" A: "We did not subscribe to the full amount."

washingtonexaminer.com...

I do believe this explains in a way, why Romney could possibly kick start our economy,,,, Business Sense!
Instead of Wasting Tax Payers Dollars on Failed / Bankrupt Green Crap!

edit on 25-10-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

His pastor Jeremiah Wright at Trinity Church ran a Down Low club and BHO was recruited into it because of his homosexuality. So the type of "scandal" you're referring to doesn't even compare to the level of homo scandal of the Down Low club at Trinity Church whose members reveal Obama's participation that 'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided as cover for gays' in his sick parish. Please GOOGLE IT.........I have no desire to look into any further because its so damn disgusting. Down-low is an colored homo slang term that refers to a subculture of men who usually identify as heterosexual, but who have sex with men; some avoid sharing this information even if they have female sexual partner(s). The term is also used to refer to a related sexual identity.

So what? Even if it were true, which it's not, who cares? Just because someone's gay, doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for them.
But if someone screws an associate out of millions of dollars......that's something that matters.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by YourWIFI

Yep everything is wonderful, I go outside and see puppies and rainbows.....

Can't wait till this election bull# is over.

The greater DEVIL appears to be defeated, and by that, we will certanly not be seeing "puppies and rainbows" everywhere due to it, not even close. BUT. what we WILL see is America maintaining a steady climb FORWARD instead of a complete NOSE-DIVE downward into the TOILET which woud have resulted from a Romney win. And a Romney win would be WORST than a Bush third term...
:
:

Not to mention how many AMERICAN JOBS will be saved from going to CHINA now that the Republican DEVIL, prince of outsourcing, is fading fast from claiming the Oval Office...

Be GONE ye Romney DEVIL, Be gone HATER of the PEOPLE...

edit on 24-10-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

You've got to be kidding me, right?
I mean, not that I am even remotely trying to stick up for Romney (the dude is a bought and paid for shill...)
BUT SO IS OBAMA.

Jeez, why are people so blind that they can't see that the largest and most successful MAFIA has hijacked our Government???

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

His pastor Jeremiah Wright at Trinity Church ran a Down Low club and BHO was recruited into it because of his homosexuality. So the type of "scandal" you're referring to doesn't even compare to the level of homo scandal of the Down Low club at Trinity Church whose members reveal Obama's participation that 'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided as cover for gays' in his sick parish. Please GOOGLE IT.........I have no desire to look into any further because its so damn disgusting. Down-low is an colored homo slang term that refers to a subculture of men who usually identify as heterosexual, but who have sex with men; some avoid sharing this information even if they have female sexual partner(s). The term is also used to refer to a related sexual identity.

So what? Even if it were true, which it's not, who cares? Just because someone's gay, doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for them.
But if someone screws an associate out of millions of dollars......that's something that matters.

Obama has screwed every single American out BILLIONS of dollars.
Granted, I'm not blaming him 200% - this still would have happened no matter who was president.

It's 2012 and people still think there is a difference between Democrats and Republican politicians? Mind = blown.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You seem to have edited this part out by mistake:

In October 1991, Romney was called to testify about the valuation placed on Staples in 1987 during the original divorce settlement.

And this part as well:

At the end of three days of testimony Romney was asked about his own opportunity to buy up Staples stock before the IPO.

LINK

Very suspicious edits when you read the whole article, a computer glitch perhaps?

Three days of testimony and you base your rebuttal on an answer to ONE question at the end of THREE days of questions and answers? When the link to the full transcript comes out then we will see.
edit on 10/25/2012 by Allegorical because: our to your

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Mitt Romney's Campaign is OVER, President Obama to Serve a Second Term

You are missing a critical part here...people don't care.

If honesty, character, consistency, morals were an issue Romney would be polling around 15%

He is white and republican...that is all it takes to compete in the most politically polarized nation on earth.

Romney could show up at the next rally with his pants around his ankles reciting Andrew Dice Clay poems and 45% of the country would still vote for him.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

the implication is that Romney low balled the stock and that the unsealed testimony would show Romney to have lied in order reap benefits from the public offering.

the article is pretty clear that his testimony refuted that. The primary reason Allred failed so miserably is that she didn't file to lift the gag order properly. she would have done more damage spinning the truth in press conferences with her client than what the testimony was going to show and she knew it.

it is a non starter of epic proportion and will end up making Obama look more petty as everyone knows she is a surrogate.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The information you presented was pure BS.

Gloria didn't find what she was looking for and Romney came out smelling like a rose. He has never intended to outsource all to China. Which is what GE(obama's pet) GM and soon Jeep will do.

Forward is now a word that apparently you liberal pos have now reversed. If we have gone forward under this latest press o dent then I know we are in wonderland.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Mitt Romney's Campaign is OVER, President Obama to Serve a Second Term

Bzzt. Wrong, but thanks for playing. This kind of headline is so over the top it's a wonder you don't hang your head in shame. This issue is about as important as Trump asking Obama for his college transcripts. It means NOTHING. All you have here is a bitter divorcee who wanted more loot.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You're right. This is MUCH worse than going back to sleep in the middle of the attack in Benghazi and leaving those guys to die. The race is still very much ON. Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Mark my words, not only will Romney win the election, it will be a landslide victory. 100 electoral votes...4 points pop vote minimum.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Reversed...that's good. A star for you good sir.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Romney's Campaign IS over....at least his hopes to be president are.

Obama's is also over, as are his hopes to be President.

We actually might still be under Bush's rule. Bush may still technically be the president because of a presidential directive that he signed right before leaving office. This video is long, and the guys go on some tangents, but it does a perfect job at explaining what may be going on, given the similarities between McCain, Obama, and Romney and the probability that this was all planned. It is, in my opinion, the most revealing unmentioned fact about what's going on with these elections and the rampant corruption in government and the media, as well as the short-term goals of the NWO. You may have already built up your gag reflex when it comes to birthers and their issues, but if you watch this video, I doubt you'll see them the same ever again. As a matter for fact, you'll wonder what the outcry from the media against birthers was all about in the first place....and then you'll blow up your TV for hiding this interesting and frightening information from you. Please, watch it and send it to your friends. People need to know about this BEFORE the election!
radioactivision.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So this is supposed to be the end of Romney.... Americans are supposed to hear all of this and... what? Seriously, the new fall shows are starting on all of the Networks, so the sheep will be too busy to care.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join