It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Democracy in Egypt? Muslim Brotherhood? Is he nuts?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I don't believe either one unless I know it to be true.

For me, this is an intellectual WWF match. It doesn't matter who wins, but we like to replay the pile-drivers!

edit on 22-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

link   
Can we all choose to respect others people's views because we realize they are taking such things to heart, even though there isn't any need to do so. Consciousness creates reality around us and getting worked up and deriving your sense of self from something outside of you is silly. Can we observe without getting our heart emotionally involved with what our eyes see during the debate?

link   
Is the United States becoming an arms dealer really going to solve anything? Sounds like adding fuel to the fire. If no US troops are there, what is keeping anyone we deem "acceptable" from changing their minds and selling those arms to those who do not share our views in the region?

Money is a powerful thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you were informed, you would know the Muslim Brotherhood isn't an extremist organisation.

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Romney has no foreign policy experience and has not articulated in-depth policy changes he would make....but continues to parrot the "Israel" line.

Bill Clinton didn't have any Foreign policy experience either. He was just a governor too. And if I'm not mistaken, he went through the same scrutiny as what Romney is going through now, except Clinton had some "baggage" that he brought with him from Arkansas. LOL.

Unfortunately, Obama just doesn't hold much credibility when it comes to foreign affairs.

Not much credibility when it comes to the economy either....

link   

A friendly reminder...

...to please remain on topic, folks.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinoza73

The hell it isn't.

link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo
I have decided not to watch round 3 of the elections. Instead I will piece together the major issues of contention via the wild interpretations of my fellow members in this thread.

Good plan!

link   
Wasn't enforcing democracy by war a speciality of the Republicans?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

!!!! Obama says the democratically elected government of Egypt needs to be responsible for protecting religious minorities !!!!

Well gee Barack...how are WE supposed to guarantee THAT

More choke and gag statements from our leader.

Romney's response was better.

link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73
If you were informed, you would know the Muslim Brotherhood isn't an extremist organisation.

Its got Muslim in the name. They must be extremists

link   
reply to post by snarky412

A lot of people on the right bash Clinton for his actions in foreign policy. So that analogy is detrimental for Romney in the end.

link   
Romney is kinda subdued. He's taking a beating and constantly agreeing with Obama. And whenever he appears to have a different opinion Obama is pointing out Romney is agreeing with what Obama has done and plans to do.

I wonder if he's going to reach for the water cup first.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is it wrong to wish the elections were over so the riots everyone is predicting could start because this country is in big need of a cleansing ! Supposidly no matter who wins , there are going to be riots .. Well, I truly feel that is what we need to start takin back our once great country !

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by new_here
Does Mittens have a new 'do?

Yeo, new do. He's got the little 50s front forehead scoop into a flat top thingie going on....dooowaaa waaaa waaaa...

Des

LoL, Brill Cream-- a little dab'll do ya... Sock Hop resumes during commercial breaks?

Oh, I just feel like they're both justa towing the "party line." They know what they MUST say. They've been briefed. This whole debate stuff-- is just a performance-based evaluation. As in... which one is the best actor.

Am I cynical to think that?

link   
Strong military, no cuts = defense industry politics.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I cannot believe this.... I am actually feeling like Mitt is doing well and has made some good points. I agree with is observations on our weak economy.

link   
Anyone feeling the "rope a dope" tactic used by Ali?

Did both candidates just blow by the Libya and Middle East situation..

Without a concrete answer?

it all sounded like soundbites started in 2001.. to me..

link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

!!!! Obama says the democratically elected government of Egypt needs to be responsible for protecting religious minorities !!!!

Well gee Barack...how are WE supposed to guarantee THAT

More choke and gag statements from our leader.

Romney's response was better.

How is America supposed to enforce that within the confines of the constitution?

It's none of our business and have to let their own government enforce civil rights......that's how we do it. Or at least pretend to.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join