It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can't find a current thread on this, If no one else has started one, consider this the Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread. If there is one already going, please close and merge this one. Thanks.

Here we go Folks. There should be more fireworks than the Fourth of July....I chose this source because I liked the format of providing the pertinent info for tonight's Debate. There are many other sources, please add what you'd like to share to this thread.

Questions and answers on third presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney

WASHINGTON (AP) — Libya. Israel. The Palestinians. Iran. Afghanistan. Pakistan. China. Terrorism.

Think world hotspots. Think hot rhetoric. Watch the third presidential debate Monday night.

The final debate of the 2012 campaign will be about foreign policy, although there's certainly a strong connection between China and the U.S. economy.

Read more: india.nydailynews.com...

I think both contenders will be on edge...hopefully the Moderator will keep his opinions to himself, and not pull any Candy stunts.

Here are the details on tonight's Debate...I personally feel the Moderator has too much control in this debate.

Here are questions and answers about the final debate, beginning 9 p.m. EDT and lasting until about 10:30 p.m.

Q. Who gets the first and last word?

A. Romney gets the first response to the opening question and the last closing statement.

Q. Wait a minute. Isn't that unfair?

A. No. The order was decided by separate coin tosses.

Q. Foreign policy can be complicated. Will there be enough time to dig deep into the issues?

A. Yes. The moderator has planned for six 15-minute segments. Each segment begins with a question, followed by two-minute responses for each candidate and discussion facilitated by the moderator.

Q. Who chooses the questions and the topics?

A. The moderator, Bob Schieffer of CBS News.

Q. What are the topics for the six segments?

Con't at link....

Location and Debate viewing stats...

Q. Where will the debate be held?

A. In Florida, one of the key battleground states, at Lynn University's theater in Boca Raton.

Q. Obama and Romney did a lot of walking around in the last debate, even circling each other. Will we see that again?

A. No. That was for the town-hall format. The candidates will be seated at the now-familiar, half-moon table owned by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Q. How many people are watching the debates on television?

A. An estimated 65.6 million viewers watched the second presidential debate on Oct. 16, according to the Nielsen Co. Some 67 million people watched the first debate on Oct. 3.

Q. Is that the total number of debate viewers?

A. No. It doesn't count people watching on the Internet.

That's about all I'm going to add to this OP. The rest is up to you Folks....off to find my popcorn in the cabinet.

Des

edit on 22-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This seems to be the first thread.

We all know it is truly "US Political Madness" without a doubt.

But maybe it should be in the "2012 US Elections" forum ?

But on 2nd thought, it IS madness.

This 3rd debate will be wild.

I predict Obama will be all over the map with the same cheap "Would'a Could'a Should'a" talk.

Let's count how many times he stutters and stammers

And Let's see how many times he tries to swallow the big gulps.

I wonder how far he will stretch his neck tonight ?

Obama's foreign policy merits are very weak.

We will see many diversions and deflections.

edit on Oct-22-2012 by xuenchen because:
's talk cheap and charge big fees

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah because he has reasons to really be afraid, Al Quaeda constantly looking for new management. Released CIA reports proving he was telling us what they were telling him about Benghazi. Iran ready to come to the table and talk. War in Iraq over. War in Afghanistan winding down. Has filed more complaints in the WTO over China and it's trade practices than either Clinton or Bush. Vastly improved American image across the world.

So what exactly is it that Mitt could be doing better?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One Live Stream Debate Link.....please add any others you know of...thanks.

www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the link, even though I have my popcorn and cold ones ready, I wanted to watch online

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My favorite part of this thread is the word FINAL.

I may need therapy after this election.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Yeah because he has reasons to really be afraid, Al Quaeda constantly looking for new management. Released CIA reports proving he was telling us what they were telling him about Benghazi. Iran ready to come to the table and talk. War in Iraq over. War in Afghanistan winding down. Has filed more complaints in the WTO over China and it's trade practices than either Clinton or Bush. Vastly improved American image across the world.

So what exactly is it that Mitt could be doing better?

Maybe we will hear from Mitt himself tonight on "what exactly is it that Mitt could be doing better".

And we may even hear some challenges to what is or isn't fact or fiction or conjecture.

It will be interesting to hear if he is allowed to elaborate with details.

Even more entertaining will be Obama's rebuttals and His "plans" for doing things better !!

But you know as well as anybody it's all about Voter Perception, not necessarily logic or facts or fictions or conjectures.

People hear and see the same things in different ways.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think this is going to be a big win for Obama tonight

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
as i said before...and still am solidly in agreement with the essay the link puts forth... as to the character of the two puppets involved...

the 3rd debate will be won by both, in the eyes of their faithful followers/supporters their candidate will have the better ideas

unfortunately, both candidates are not the 'lesser of two evils'...both are the decimation of America, a road to austerity, war mongering and the destruction of the value of the Dollar

see:

www.activistpost.com...

snip:

On October 1, 2012, Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney outlined his own version of imperialist American foreign policy before the Virginia Military Institute. What Romney described was, in its goals, no different than that of any other President since JFK.

As was made clear in his speech, the presentation of the mutated Manifest Destiny to be ushered in by Romney would be significantly more open than the “leading from behind” destabilization and coalition-based Obama treachery, as the candidate has clearly stated this on more than one occasion.

Essentially, while Obama has continued and accelerated every disastrous policy of the Bush Administration, Romney has openly announced his intention to do the same. The only difference is that the Romney doctrine will supplant the deceitful, secretive, and treacherous nature of Obama’s foreign policy for a more ham-fisted and brazenly aggressive position.

2012 indeed

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The only problem with this is Mitt hasn't actually said what he would do different. Well other than labeling China a currency manipulator, which is the equivalent of a fourth grader telling another fourth grader they have cooties. Everything else he just says "Well I would do the same thing but only better." So it only leaves one to speculate on what a Romney foreign policy would look like. The biggest indicator of that is, look who is advising him on foreign policy. And he has Bush's foreign policy guys advising him. So now the question is do you want a Bush 2.0 foreign policy, or the policy we have now which has restored much of our lost standing with the rest of the world?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Seeing as potus has screwed up just about every piece of foreign policy from mexico with f and f, canada to america pipeline, Benghazi LIBYA, Afghanistan, Guantanamo, Pakistan, Syria, IRAQ, EGYPT, china, i say ROMNEY has this debate.won, wrapped up, and the road to.the white house.a.victory..

edit on 22-10-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The only problem with this is Mitt hasn't actually said what he would do different. Well other than labeling China a currency manipulator, which is the equivalent of a fourth grader telling another fourth grader they have cooties. Everything else he just says "Well I would do the same thing but only better." So it only leaves one to speculate on what a Romney foreign policy would look like. The biggest indicator of that is, look who is advising him on foreign policy. And he has Bush's foreign policy guys advising him. So now the question is do you want a Bush 2.0 foreign policy, or the policy we have now which has restored much of our lost standing with the rest of the world?

Well like I said, it's all about voter perception.

It will be up to Obama himself to convince 35 or 40 million Romney voters he is the better one.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This will be an interesting debate.

Obama has made some mistakes in his dealings as president but he also has some successes.

Romney has no foreign policy experience and has not articulated in-depth policy changes he would make....but continues to parrot the "Israel" line.

So it will be fun to hear what these goons have to say. I project that Obama will probably come out on top considering his 4 years experience but it will not make a difference in the polls.

It will be a tight race up to election day regardless.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And here come the clown college graduates. Just what exactly do you expect him to do. You do realize that as a member of the WTO there are rules and procedures we have to follow right? I don't exactly see Romney saying we are gonna pull out of the WTO, instead he is gonna on day one call China names and make it easier for Bain to move jobs there. Sounds like a great response.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"So now the question is do you want a Bush 2.0 foreign policy, or the policy we have now which has restored much of our lost standing with the rest of the world?"

Are you 100% convinced that the majority of Americans and voters think the U.S. lost standing has really been restored ?

Again, it's all about perception.

A lot of people think the image is tainted and disrespected under Obama.

Again, we are not in a college classroom setting with these issues.

That's part of Obama's problem.

He "Lectures" policies and people in general are insulted.

The general public has lost faith in the "Educated" sounding rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Truthfully, I'll just be glad when it's all over....

It doesn't matter who wins, neither are awesome and wonderful. We're in for a rough four years regardless of the outcome :/

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I will watch the debate but predict that just like the prior two I will be totally disgusted with the Mainstream Choices that the Media and the PTB have given us.

It is still a dog and pony show.. or donkey and elephant however you wanna see it. Nothing of importance will be said or accomplished here. No one will get angry or emotional. Neither of them will actually give a damn about the people when the next president takes office.

Of course this will be a "tight" race, the numbers are fixed. Its all a scam. By faking the numbers and making it a tight race people are easier controlled. People are sheep. We are slaves. It is our fault for not standing up and fighting.

We will get what we deserve here. I'm so sick of all of you that point fingers at the otherside blaming, accusing, arguing. I have been guilty of it myself and try very hard not to fall into their game.

I will watch. I will vote. Not for either of those two pathetic Establishment picks. You can say I'm wasting my vote but those of you that do are in my opinion a waste of space.

How many people have to claim to be independent before we get a third party? 33 percent would be fair... we have that. I believe I heard our numbers are actually about 40 percent. Even if we had 80 percent the media would lead the perception the same way it does and it would be a "tight" race.

With best regards.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mitt needs to bring this up ---->

"Just what the heck were you talking about here, Mr. President?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join