It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's the MSNBC Hysteria Factor.

Along with ATS, the Hysteria Factor on MSNBC, I'd have to say that undecideds are going towards Romnaey.

Care to explain that?

Because what I hear you saying is, Obama won, but I'm still going to say undecideds will vote for Romney.

Desperation.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My favorite part was when the young college student asked Obama what he was going to do to insure he would be able to find a job after getting out of college...

Obama responded to this college kid with a plan to create a ton of blue collar jobs that don't require college degrees

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My own personal poll results:

Romney 59%

Obama 41%

Who exactly did you poll?

I'm not sure you know how polls work.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Originally posted by Annee
I'm a feminist - - supporter of equal rights.

But I was actually offended by Romney's "women need flexible hours".

What did he just do? He created a separation. An inequality.

Special treatment for women. When what they want is Equality.

If you think Romney is for women's rights, he is from a heritage that terrorized women, which I think caused one of the greatest HORORS known to this earth. Women were second class citizens during Brigham Young's time and for sure in his household !

I was Mormon for 5 years.

If you are not getting your information from a legitimate LDS history site - - - your information is probably incorrect sensationalism.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by neo96

While both tended to be belligerent, I'll say Romney had more poise.

"You had four years to bring the price of energy down. $1.86 when you took office, $4.00 a gallon of gas now. Your policies......"

Yeah, I get that. I have to put gas in my vehicle to get to work, so I can pay my taxes.

Gas was 1.86 due to the recession.

5 months before Obama took office it was 4.12, the gas price didn't come down because of Bush's policies, it crashed along with the rest of the economy.

Gas price was high because of hurricanes shutting down refinery capacity and pipeline transport, Bush ordered EPA to relax blending rules and price immediately fell. Bush kept blending rules at bay until production recovered.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm going to sleep.

I'll be sleeping peacefully.

Sorry Romney supporters, I know you are going to have a restless night.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

If you think Romney is for women's rights, he is from a heritage that terrorized women, which I think caused one of the greatest HORORS known to this earth. Women were second class citizens during Brigham Young's time and for sure in his household !
I feel so sorry for those women, having children thinking and being told the book of mormon was true. When it turns out that it is bogus and the biggest fraud that has ever been laid upon the and presented to the doorsteps of the american people. It is so wrong!

I don't mean to make light of the situation...but the Joseph Smith episode of South Park has always been one of my favorites. (Of course South Park makes fun of all religions equally and usually pretty funny when they do, I love the Super Best Friends and the Jesus and Friends Talk show)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm going to sleep.

I'll be sleeping peacefully.

Sorry Romney supporters, I know you are going to have a restless night.

Not at all restless, going to enjoy tomorrow as reality of Libya lies sink in!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I found a guitar in a cave. Come and get me, Copper.

On the debate, I found myself responding with what Romney had to say over what Obama was saying. I liked the moderator, I thought she was really good. The circling around of both candidates did make me wonder if they were going to come to blows.
I was more positive about hearing definite plans, and I had difficulty appreciating the President suggesting that the nieces and nephew I'm putting through college will be satisfied with a manufacturing jobs, but on the other hand, the President spoke of only wanting high tech jobs in the country.
Who's going to build those roads designed by engineers? Some people's pursuit of happiness might not be high tech.
I found the childish sniping during this debate disturbing. Reminded me of two kids trying to get their mother's attention.

edit on 16-10-2012 by TheCounselor because: I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Facts

gasbuddy.com...

Gas prices steadily rose under bush to a max of 4.12 in the summer of 2008. In the 2nd half of 2008, it crashed down to 1.61 in December along with the rest of the economy.

After that, it steadily rose back to it's previous average.

Claiming that gas prices were low when Obama took office is misleading at best, and outright lie more likely.

If you take away the artificial low caused by the economy crashing under Bush (last half of 2008), then you will see that gas prices have stayed steady since 2008.

Now I'm going to sleep, I know I could stay up all night to try to make you understand what a FACT is, but sometimes you just can't teach an old dog, well, anything.
edit on 16-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

But what your talking about is big businesses. I'm talking about small mom pop businesses. Such as someone opening a restaurant, someone farming or something along that level. And you're right, demand creates more jobs, but say you have a farm (sorry, farming is a dream of mine lol), you grow good veggies and fruits, the demand is there, so you make more profit, you want to make more profit so you create a larger supply, to have a larger supply you need more workers so in the end, more jobs. But as of now, its pretty damn hard to farm, unless your farm is owned by some big conglomerate. but even than, demand and profit go hand in hand. at least on this level.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Before you go to bed. Think about this:

"Former Obama Supporters" in a focus group

A Frank Luntz focus group made up mostly of former Obama voters say they now support Mitt Romney.

"Forceful, compassionate, presidential," one participant said.
"Confident and realistic," said another.
"Presidential," another told Luntz.
"Enthusiastic," another reacted.
"Our next president," one man said.
"Dynamo, winner," said one more.

Article and Video:
Luntz Focus Group Of Mostly Former Obama Voters Switch To Romney Posted on October 16, 2012
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
reply to post by KeliOnyx

But what your talking about is big businesses. I'm talking about small mom pop businesses. Such as someone opening a restaurant, someone farming or something along that level. And your right, demand creates more jobs, but say you have a farm (sorry, farming is a dream of mine lol), you grow good veggies and fruits, the demand is there, so you make more profit, you want to make more profit so you create a larger supply, to have a larger supply you need more workers so in the end, more jobs. But as of now, its pretty damn hard to farm, unless your farm is owned by some big conglomerate
edit on 16-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

If you want to make money then you better learn how to do it without hiring more people and that's what most small businesses do. Labor is the biggest expense in business, most small business are running very tight margins as it is. Kelionyx is correct, hiring is the last thing businesses want to do because it cuts into profits.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I missed the debate *cough* (I have a cold and wanted to sleep) so I'm just going by a very unscientific poll.

Along with ATS, the Hysteria Factor on MSNBC, I'd have to say that undecideds are going towards Romnaey.

The partisan folks? Our opinions haven't changed.

Bottom line: Obama and Romney scored points while turning off independent voters with their point-scoring. Democratic and Republican partisans will find reason to celebrate the debate but it likely did nothing to reshape the closely fought race.

nationaljournal.com...

Yeah us partisan folks have not change our minds one iota.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Care to explain that?

Because what I hear you saying is, Obama won, but I'm still going to say undecideds will vote for Romney.

Desperation.

Um, no. Obama lost, thus the MSNBC Hysteria Factor. Maddow has Ezra Whatshisface on and they were spinning so much I needed a gyroscope to keep my tv level.

ETA; watching debate now. My analysis stands.

edit on 16-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

No matter what business you are in hiring is the last resort. The smaller the business the more likely you are to not hire until you absolutely have to, to meet demand. If you, are as your example of farming, you are limited by how much land you own. If you are already at capacity it does not matter how much profit you make you are not going to hire more workers, i am sorry you are not going to hire someone until it is absolutely necessary.

We cannot Gordon Gekko our way to prosperity. We have to Henry Ford our way there, and until the corporate culture in this country changes to reflect that we will continue in our downward death spiral.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Obama will have to account for the "September 12th Benghazi-Terrorism Lie" in the days to come and quite possible in the next debate 6 days from now.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Obama stated immigrants would create jobs by starting new businesses. That's BS, immigrants come over, Get on government assistance programs,and only aspire to basic labor, make babies, work at Walmart, and build low riders to race and kill each other on the streets at night

I'm anti-immigration, but your 'facts' don't check. There is statistics out there about high tech start ups created by the immigrants. It's like they created close to a half. I don't have time to check further, but...

You may have heard of the company called 'Google'. Sergei Brin was a Russian speaking Jew when he came here.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I still think that that Obama has to do more than a draw in these debates. He did a lot better tonight.

Some will say he won, some will say otherwise.

Unless there is a complete domination by Obama, which was not seen tonight, Romney will likely win the election,

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Svipdagr

No matter what business you are in hiring is the last resort. The smaller the business the more likely you are to not hire until you absolutely have to, to meet demand. If you, are as your example of farming, you are limited by how much land you own. If you are already at capacity it does not matter how much profit you make you are not going to hire more workers, i am sorry you are not going to hire someone until it is absolutely necessary.

We cannot Gordon Gekko our way to prosperity. We have to Henry Ford our way there, and until the corporate culture in this country changes to reflect that we will continue in our downward death spiral.

I own a small business. A business I started last year. I'm the sole worker/owner. I've now expanded my business to needing to hire my first employee, to keep up with growth. I'm waiting until after the elections to make the decision to hire. I can't afford Obama's plan for small businesses. If Romney wins, I'll move full speed ahead, and finish investing in the growth of my business, and hiring people to meet my goals.

I know other people who are in the same boat in regards to their little companies. I have no faith in Obama's outlook for the future. His past performance makes me afraid to invest what little I have for further expansion.

Romney is experienced in what makes a business healthy and economically viable. What makes my effort good for our overall economic growth. Obama does not. He wants me on welfare and food stamps.....

Des

edit on 16-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join