It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

A scientific poll?

A cnn moderator, a cnn poll and everyone knows who watches CNN.

Meh.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by Dukesy

an Olympic savior to those who know what he did to save it

He asked the Federal Government for money.

That is how he "saved" the Olympics.

People should read the facts of Romney's Olympics.

First it was in Utah and he is Mormon.

From what I've read and heard discussed on radio talk shows - - - - he did almost nothing himself.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I just did a little test on the CNN quick poll. I used multiple IP addresses to vote simultaneously and guess what? The votes weren't all counted. Either for Obama or Romney, so no their poll is not even close to being accurate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Romney's "Binders Full of women" comment is not going over very well.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

As Mitt Romney explained, "I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'Can you help us find folks,' and they brought us whole binders full of women."

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee's comment went viral on social media during Tuesday night's presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Question....would he have said, binders full of men, help him?

link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr

I just did a little test on the CNN quick poll. I used multiple IP addresses to vote simultaneously and guess what? The votes weren't all counted. Either for Obama or Romney, so no their poll is not even close to being accurate.

The CNN poll isn't online.

link   
rommney : looked like he was finally allowed to sit at " the cool kids table " in high school. all giddy

Obama: looked like a BAWS!

link   
reply to post by neo96

The "moderator" is also from CNN. She gave Obama 9% more time than Romney tonight. She molded the debate into the MSM's narrative for Obama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --

Frank Lutz's group declared Romney the winner. If anyone knows about "focus groups," it's Lutz.

link   

Originally posted by Annee
I'm a feminist - - supporter of equal rights.

But I was actually offended by Romney's "women need flexible hours".

What did he just do? He created a separation. An inequality.

Special treatment for women. When what they want is Equality.

If you think Romney is for women's rights, he is from a heritage that terrorized women, which I think caused one of the greatest HORORS known to this earth. Women were second class citizens during Brigham Young's time and for sure in his household !

And the effects still remain today. Romney mentioned that he went on a mission, but on that mission he told people about the Book of Mormon. There is no greater fraud that has been perpetrated to the american people than that book. Just by Romney mentioning he was on a mission, he thinks that gives credence to the Book of Mormon. That book was the result of three of it's founding members putting over an incredible scheme to make it's member's think it came from God when it was the product of plagiarism of the Kings James Bible, View of the Hebrews and I also think Solomon Spalding's Manuscript Story which has never been found.

I hope this comes out because women became ENSLAVED by the mormons because the women were duped into thinking the book of mormon is the word of god. When there is no artifacts to back up that book, no DNA of hebrews that left ancient Jerusalem.by testing the american indians of today. The came from an asian heritage not hebrew.
Women LOST their digity, they lost their lives to being 5th, 6th to 50 or so wife of Brigham Young and tons of other men! I feel so sorry for those women, having children thinking and being told the book of mormon was true. When it turns out that it is bogus and the biggest fraud that has ever been laid upon the and presented to the doorsteps of the american people. It is so wrong!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

While both tended to be belligerent, I'll say Romney had more poise.

"You had four years to bring the price of energy down. $1.86 when you took office, $4.00 a gallon of gas now. Your policies......"

Yeah, I get that. I have to put gas in my vehicle to get to work, so I can pay my taxes.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by neo96

While both tended to be belligerent, I'll say Romney had more poise.

"You had four years to bring the price of energy down. $1.86 when you took office, $4.00 a gallon of gas now. Your policies......"

Yeah, I get that. I have to put gas in my vehicle to get to work, so I can pay my taxes.

Gas was 1.86 due to the recession.

5 months before Obama took office it was 4.12, the gas price didn't come down because of Bush's policies, it crashed along with the rest of the economy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I still don't understand how the map shows any sort of advantage for Romney, he may have gained since the last debate, but it's still not enough to put him over the top in most of the swing states (which still show Obama ahead in majority of these states). Without states like PA, MI, WI, VA and especially Ohio (which no Republican has won the presidency without Ohio since Lincoln) Romney will have to put together an extremely unlikely combination of swing states.

From Rassmussen which is considered the most "Republican" leaning poll:

"The Key Three States are Virginia, Ohio and Florida. With 60 Electoral College votes, these three states are currently Toss-Ups. It is virtually impossible for Romney to win the White House without winning at least two of these three states. If he wins all three, he is likely to win the election. The president can keep his job if he wins two of these three states. "
link

They are considered "toss ups" but Obama is still ahead in 2 of 3
VA Obama +0.8
OH Obama +2.8
FL Romney +2.5

Again, seems unlikely...especially after the debate tonight

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yeah it is. On the cnn website, quick poll at the bottom.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

May I interject here... I assume your liberal... If I am wrong I misread

The wrong question was asked....

Ask instead how much revenue did you generate as CEO?

Ask, How much did each level of employee get paid an hour?

Ask how many people did your company fire?

Ask what were the reason for the firing?

Ask how many times did you take a bonus yet the other levels got little to none? (Follow up with what was the lowest bonus paid to ground level troops)

Ask why are you not still at the company?

Ask how much money did your company put into its training programs?

Like this debate, the wrong questions were asked... We need someone rude crude and directly to the point..

A good question that needed asking,

"Mr. President what are you blackmailing Hillary Clinton with that would make her take the blame you deserve?"

"Governor, do you know the names of the people you let go of while you were in the Corporate world?"

Both needed to be grilled over net freedom

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yeah it is. On the cnn website, quick poll at the bottom.

That isn't the poll I was posting about.

They released the results live on TV, they haven't released them online yet.

The quick poll has an even larger margin for Obama, 69% for Obama and 31% for Romney.

The scientific poll has Obama at 46% and Romney at 39%. I'll post a link as soon as they release the results online.
edit on 16-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Romney's "Binders Full of women" comment is not going over very well.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

As Mitt Romney explained, "I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'Can you help us find folks,' and they brought us whole binders full of women."

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee's comment went viral on social media during Tuesday night's presidential debate.

That whole woman thing with Romney was awkward.

I was Mormon for 5 years. I know they put women in a separate category then men.

(Don't take that wrong. They do Honor women. They're just in a different category. Hard to explain)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I don't usually respond to my posts but

can you walk into a clinic off the street with no money in your pocket (no insurance) and get your finger stitched in America?

No one is answering this question.

link   
I missed the debate *cough* (I have a cold and wanted to sleep) so I'm just going by a very unscientific poll.

It's the MSNBC Hysteria Factor.

Along with ATS, the Hysteria Factor on MSNBC, I'd have to say that undecideds are going towards Romnaey.

The partisan folks? Our opinions haven't changed.

link   

reply to post by AlaskanDad

.......I am at a lost for words. Government does not create jobs, he is right about that. However, government does regulate pretty much everything. He's saying he wants to change regulations, remove some, add some, to help businesses make more profit thus making more jobs. Might work, might not, but don't twist around words.

Nice theory more profit does not and will not equal more jobs ever. Jobs are made when consumer demand exceeds supplier capacity that is it. Employers hate creating jobs, it is the exact opposite of the goal to make money. If you haven't figured this argument the Republican Party pushes is a lie in the last 30 years I don't really know what to tell you. Companies have been making record profits, yet the workers wages have stagnated while working harder and longer. If you want to grow a robust economy you want the exact opposite rising wages and more time off to spend that money. The only thing the Government can do to address that is change trade policy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My own personal poll results:

Romney 59%

Obama 41%

Main reason:

Obama talked more about his failures and spun them into "new solutions" and "should do's".

Obama can not defend his own record of fails.

Apparently voters don't consider his "successes" all that effective for the vast majority of Americans.

Too bad so sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join