It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 47
<< 44  45  46   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by karen61057

This is what was said in the video

www.whitehouse.gov...

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

As you can see, he clearly says "BENGHAZI".

Beezer is just trying to spread lies.

Horse crap! You, among several others, are the one that's spreading the "BENGHAZI" LIE!

Earlier in this thread you quoted the phrase "act of terror" as if it came from the last paragraph of the above quoted external text. You did so to make it look as if it was a specific reference to the incident in Benghazi. That phrase is not in that quoted external text! You will, however, find "ACTS OF TERROR". "Acts of terror" is not specific to any particular incident. I'm sure you know that though. That's why you eliminated the "S" from your quote.

There is only one sentence in Mr. Obama's comments from the Rose Garden that specifically mentions, and describes, the incident in Benghazi. That sentence is:

We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.

Mr. Obama very clearly called that incident a "terrible act", He DID NOT call it a "TERRORIST ACT"! You, Ms. Crowley, Mr. Obama, or anyone else that claims otherwise, if not ignorant, can only be lying!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Annee

Otherwise known as a ditto, correct?

Had to look that one up - - so long ago couldn't remember.

According to my trusty 1965 World Book encyclopedia, the ditto machine (spirit duplicator) and mimeograph (stencil duplicator) were competing technologies in the document-copying market. I learn that the mimeograph can be traced to inventor Thomas Edison, who patented a stencil duplicator called “autographic printing.” Albert Blake Dick invented the mimeograph in 1884, and Wilhelm Ritzerfeld gave us the ditto machine in 1923.

www.chattanoogan.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Once upon a time there was no such thing as the internet. I know it sounds hard to imagine, but it is true. In those days binders were used to catalogue people who were available and interested in being considered for open positions within companies. It was a quaint old-fashioned version of linkedin. Often the resumes included were created on an old fashioned creation know as a typewriter.

Are there any adults left on ATS?

Are you FREAKING kidding me?

Romney was Governor of Mass. from 2003 to 2007, NOT THE 1980s.

I've seen some ridiculous excuses in an attempt to defend Romney, but OMG, this is hands down the worst.

WAY back in 2003, according to you, resumes were created on a typewriter....and the internet didn't exist.

Seriously, WTF?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Horse crap huh?

The entire Rose Garden conference was about BENGHAZI. These are FACTS.

Go read the entire thing for yourself, it's a speech about BENGHAZI, not 9/11.

Here is the opening of his speech in the Rose Garden on Sept. 12th.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya

Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

And here are his closing remarks.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

Listen to yourself, and all other Right Wingers, you guys are all crapping your pants over an "S".

It's really pathetic.

Romney lost and looked like a spectacular idiot doing it, and you guys are in damage control.
edit on 17-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Horse crap huh?

The entire Rose Garden conference was about BENGHAZI. These are FACTS.

Go read the entire thing for yourself, it's a speech about BENGHAZI, not 9/11.

Here is the opening of his speech in the Rose Garden on Sept. 12th.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya

Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

And here are his closing remarks.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

Listen to yourself, and all other Right Wingers, you guys are all crapping your pants over an "S".

It's really pathetic.

Romney lost and looked like a spectacular idiot doing it, and you guys are in damage control.
edit on 17-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

Stop the nonsense! The only way you can disprove what I said is to find another sentence in that address that directly refers to, and describes that particular incident. You can't do it! That's why you keep twisting what it says.

You're just one of those desperate individuals that can't even be honest with yourself!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 17-10-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Obama was "Dream'n" of the future ?

Or was he just mixing up Bill Clinton's cheap talk ?

President Obama spoke of being president in the past tense during last night's second presidential debate with Mitt Romney: "The way we're going to create jobs here is not just changing our tax code, but also to double our exports. And we are on pace to double our exports, one of the commitments I made when I was president. That's creating tens of thousands of jobs all across the country."

Obama Says "When I Was President" At Debate

Maybe he was in a futuristic world and was thinking about all the money he will be making next year on the book and TV circuit

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Stop the nonsense! The only way you can disprove what I said is to find another sentence in that address that directly refers to, and describes that particular incident. You can't do it! That's why you keep twisting what it says.

I'm not sure if you can't read or understand what is being said, but I'll try again.

The entire press conference was about BENGHAZI, not 9/11.

You can continue to try to say the press conference was about 9/11 and everthing he said was about 9/11, but it is really just making you look kind of stupid.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO ANSWER MY QUESTION, SO I WILL POST IT AGAIN...

"If Obama called the incident a terrorist attack in the rose garden the day after the attack, than why did his press secretary spend a week telling the American people it was a video? Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the job of the press secretary supposed to relay info to the American people on what the president believed?

One of three things had to have happened..

1. The President lied.
2. The press secretary lied, or...
3. The president and press secretary don't communicate with one another.

Doesn’t the press secretary speak for the president?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I already answered you.

Just because you ignored it, doesn't mean no one answered you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Once upon a time there was no such thing as the internet. I know it sounds hard to imagine, but it is true. In those days binders were used to catalogue people who were available and interested in being considered for open positions within companies. It was a quaint old-fashioned version of linkedin. Often the resumes included were created on an old fashioned creation know as a typewriter.

I've seen some ridiculous excuses in an attempt to defend Romney, but OMG, this is hands down the worst.

WAY back in 2003, according to you, resumes were created on a typewriter....and the internet didn't exist.

Seriously, WTF?
Dude, I do support Romney, but this dork-nugget is making the rest of us look like idiots! I say the same...WTF?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I already answered you.

WHERE?

I looked thru my messages and only found your recent reply above. I see no other replies from you to the question I addressed. If you can please link me, it would be greatly appreciated.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

My bad, answered someone elses similar question

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

My bad, answered someone elses similar question

www.abovetopsecret.com...
You linked me to page 6, and there is nothing. OR am I suppose to go thru all 47 pages for the answer?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

It's all in the same paragraph.

He is talking about Benghazi, but of course, you like so many other Right Wingers are mind readers and seem to think you know what he really meant.

Let me post it for you again, just so you don't forget that Romney was WRONG and Obama and Crowley were RIGHT.

An act of terror can be mob rule, mindless violence, killing of innocence...etc not my words but Obama's...In his UN address he doesn't use the word terrorist to explain the attacks, but says the word video many times over and he talks about freedom of speech...over and over...

His view on the 24th was it was still an angry mob reacting to a video, AND that is what his speech was all about!!

For him to say the word terror once or twice in almost two weeks does not mean he came out and said the attack was terrorist in a fully focused attack. You just do not realize that this attack was a squad of heavily armed terrorist with the purpose to kill the ambassador. How many talk shows...how many times did Rice (5?) say over and over it was the video that caused an angry mob.

You know we can debate about many things, but you defending this as you do pretty much leads me to believe that you really don't care about the truth...just that your man wins...

Well enjoy...

edit on 18-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Seriously, WTF?
Dude, I do support Romney, but this dork-nugget is making the rest of us look like idiots! I say the same...WTF?

He could have easily said stacks of résumés... and it all means the same thing... Everyone gets stuck on a word and don't even consider the message...geez

edit on 18-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you can't read or understand what is being said,

I can certainly understand your confusion. You obviously have a problem with comprehension.

The entire press conference was about BENGHAZI, not 9/11.

It seems you have a problem with concentration too. I never said anything about "9/11". I only refered to the incident in Benghazi.

You can continue to try to say the press conference was about 9/11 and everthing he said was about 9/11, but it is really just making you look kind of stupid.

Once again, I never said anything about "9/11", so I reckon that makes you look pretty stupid, doesn't it? If you still feel that I did, point it out.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the job of the press secretary supposed to relay info to the American people on what the president believed?

All 3 of the options in your post are true.
Actually, if you want the definition of a press secretary, you need to go back to Germany in the 1930's and 1940's and look up Joe Goebbels. BTW, this is not a partisan post. Both parties adhere to the philosophy mastered by Goebbels, lie, lie and lie again until people believe you.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

It is a conspiracy. The US/UN wants bases in Libya. Hence, the responce from the US (possible).

I won't deny that a base wouldn't be the ultimate goal --- we've seen the US entrenching in Oil Rich countries without let-up.

However, this all depends on how the White House responds. If they go for the usual tactical strike -- then it isn't their goal. If they go with the "CIA/Al Qaeda activity in the area" and then do it Bush style -- well, then the attack was just another false flag.

It doesn't look like the Obama White House was part of this -- regardless of if someone is using it to get the US in Libya. They would have done a bit more to look "on the ball" and paint it as a larger issue. But really, it looks like Obama is pushing for calm and trying to deal with the situation in a methodical and non-hyped way.

So I'm going to say I think there is a chance -- but I don't think it's likely yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I already answered you.

The POTUS lied off his ass there is no ignoring that at all...

These debates just gave Romney the white house look at any poll

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here is the youtube version of the report given by Bret Baier on Benghazi.

edit on 10/20/12 by TC Mike because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46   >>

join