It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

After the debate, debate moderator Candy Crowley said Republican nominee Mitt Romney was “right in the main” but “picked the wrong word” on the Obama administration’s immediate response to the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead.

In a statement given in the Rose Garden on Sept. 12, Obama emphasized an anti-Islam video, before saying that “no acts of terror would shake the resolve of this great nation.”

On Sept. 25, the president himself declined to call the attack an act of terrorism during an interview with “The View,” saying that an investigation was still ongoing.

freebeacon.com...

Twist that will ya!

Romney was right!

edit on 16-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Anybody catch Anderson Cooper calling out Candy on her misquote about Benghazi? Anderson said she is actually wrong (and so is Obama) and Romney is CORRECT!

CNN's Anderson Cooper says that Obama / Crowley were wrong on #Libya statemetn. #Benghazi was not called an act of terror in Rose Garden.

Linky
edit on 16-10-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I missed the live showing of the debate, but I found it on youtube and am just now starting it. Also going through this thread as I watch it to. (Im trying not to jump ahead on reading the posts, so I guess im kind of watching it live....)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd have to say Romney did a better job overall. He crushed Obama in response to the the bald black man, who asked why he should vote for Romney because he was disillusioned with Obama. Romney laid out everything, non-stop that Obama said he would do, but didn't. Obama had no response. He certainly interrupted later on for things he wanted to respond to.

Obama will definitely be losing points for his gun control argument, no question.

Romney made excellent points in response to the question from the Latino woman about illegal/legal immigration. He couldn't be more clear: If you benefit the US economy and citizens, come on in. If not, oh well we don't need you sucking up tax dollars. Obama was more lackluster: If you were born here because your mommy snuck in, and you went to high school then you belong here even if you are now on welfare and a criminal. You even deserve to have a driver's license! Did anyone notice how he specifically said he didn't agree with ILLEGAL criminals and gangbangers? Ironic, no?

Obama seems to want to "create jobs" but doesn't say how, or how these "government created jobs" will be paid for. Surely he will beef up welfare lines and hire more clerks to dish it out! Let's not even get into how he wants to revive the cesspool of Detroit with tax payer money. Romney's ideas of tax cuts for small businesses and giving them the incentive to grow into larger businesses, employing more peoples sounds like a better way to provide incentive... instead of bailing out everyone on the tax-payers dime.

Romney discussed moving toward energy independence, bringing oil in from Canada, using federal lands. Obama acknowledged that he played lease, release with oil companies on federal land.

Overall, I felt like Obama was using rhetoric and speech patterns to make the next 4 years of his non-plan seem assuring.

Sure, Romney was a little smug and rude, but he made better points and I'm sure he snagged plenty of Obama voters.

Oh... and let's not forgot the Benghazi ordeal. I felt that the moderator was leaning a bit toward Obama also.
edit on 16-10-2012 by WhatAreThey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Candy Crowley just admitted on CNN that Romney was right about Libya.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makeshift
Candy Crowley just admitted on CNN that Romney was right about Libya.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Then she should have kept her flapping gums shut during the debate, she had no place interjecting her non-fact opinion.

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Great recap of the debate, really hits the highlights of the discussion...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And did ya catch that look of fear and fire on Obama's face as he said "get the transcripts"

He was caught completely off guard.

Crowley did all she could to deflect and eat up the clock before the questions about the "magic video" got out of hand

He pushed the video thing for more than a week before finally admitting it was in fact an attack without protests

Obama mentioned "acts of terror" that day (Sept 12th) but never referred to the Libya attack as a specific "act of terror".

Obama was lucky. But not lucky enough.

edit on Oct-16-2012 by xuenchen because:
exposed !

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so romney wants to rape federal lands

ok, move to the next topic

No, he is clarifying Obama's claim that oil production is up. He clarified that it was due to production on private land and actually exposed that Obama denied leases on federal lands. So basically production is up despite Obama's attempts to shut down oil production. Let's not forget Obama's famous moratorium on off shore drilling for American companies then sent money to Petrobas letting them drill offshore in same areas.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This was the highlight in the whole debate:

Candy Crowley takes on Romney: Did Obama call Libya attack act of "terror"? - the video title:
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, my opinion, not that it matters that much if at all...

As a registered Republican who views himself as impartial and sees through the two-party dictatorship, I give this debate to Obama pretty handedly. Once again, they both did a great job at being deceitful, and did not really address any issues that truly matter such as our servicemen taking their own lives in epidemic proportions or the financial markets, particularly derivatives, and how they are ruining our economy without proper oversight.

I thought Romney spanked Obama in the first debate with his delivery and his lies, have to go with Obama in this one. I was pretty sure my prediction from 08 would not come to pass that Romney was chosen to lose to Obama but after this debate I think it all but gets rid of Romney's bump in the polls at the very least and shifts the election back towards an Obama win.

Still a long way to go and one more debate, a lot could happen. I will not be surprised if Romney gets chosen to be the president, but I don't think there is any question Obama took this one.

I was watching the ABC live stream and after the debate they were talking to voters through a web chat, very interesting. Almost all of them were upset that Romney just criticizes Obama's past four years and Obama just criticizes Romney's platform, neither of them offering any answers. I don't know how they dare call this a debate.

As usual, no matter who wins the American people lose.

Third Party 2012
edit on 16-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So Americans who do you want?

A psychopath that will tell you anything you want to here, then completely do you in the you know what...

Or a Narcissist who can't see his own mistakes and can only mention things that inflate his ego.

Ah... America.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

He was indirectly making a pitch for the Dream Act and everyone who wants that knows that is what he was angling for.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And yet you just proved my point. You are not expanding because you made profit, you are considering because demand has grown. Whether Obama wins or not you are going to hire when demand reaches the point you cannot keep up with it on your own. That is just a fact.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I can't afford Obama's plan for small businesses. If Romney wins, I'll move full speed ahead, and finish investing in the growth of my business, and hiring people to meet my goals.

What is Romney's exact plan?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So...who won?

Was a good debate. both strong preformances, which is good. Neither side seemed weak, disinterested, or bumbling. People might have to actually start weighing in on how they feel about issues now verses just look for who was the most awesome coolest character on set.

My independent mind left feeling:
Obama: is a weak leader whom can't seem to do anything successfully and never will.
Romney: Would be strong, but gift wrap the country to corporate interests while using the poor as fuel

Which means, either independent voters will be more confused than before, or will actually have to now dig at root ideals and find the best fit...aka, the way it should be really.

Personally I think Obama slam dunked this one
Personally I am partisan, so I would think that.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Well, my opinion, not that it matters that much if at all...

As a registered Republican who views himself as impartial and sees through the two-party dictatorship, I give this debate to Obama pretty handedly. Once again, they both did a great job at being deceitful, and did not really address any issues that truly matter such as our servicemen taking their own lives in epidemic proportions or the financial markets, particularly derivatives, and how they are ruining our economy without proper oversight.

I thought Romney spanked Obama in the first debate with his delivery and his lies, have to go with Obama in this one. I was pretty sure my prediction from 08 would not come to pass that Romney was chosen to lose to Obama but after this debate I think it all but gets rid of Romney's bump in the polls at the very least and shifts the election back towards an Obama win.

Still a long way to go and one more debate, a lot could happen. I will not be surprised if Romney gets chosen to be the president, but I don't think there is any question Obama took this one.

I was watching the ABC live stream and after the debate they were talking to voters through a web chat, very interesting. Almost all of them were upset that Romney just criticizes Obama's past four years and Obama just criticizes Romney's platform, neither of them offering any answers. I don't know how they dare call this a debate.

As usual, no matter who wins the American people lose.

Third Party 2012
edit on 16-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

I to thought Obama was lack luster on the first one, but he must of had some good coaching, his kids probably said to him dad get in there and fight
And fight he did, I think there is a big difference and he got it this time. I think he can even step it up for the final debate but I honestly thought he won this one. As a barometer, i went by Chris Mathews, he was not a happy camper over at MSNBC on the first debate, but much calmer over this one and getting more favorable responses from his guests.

link   
One gentleman who asked Obama the "think tank from my work" question about the repeated requests for increased security at Bengazzi and why it was denied. I do not recall that getting answered except by what steps Obama called for after the attack had happened. Am I wrong? If he explained it I sure like to know the answer.

link   

Originally posted by Annee
I'm a feminist - - supporter of equal rights.

But I was actually offended by Romney's "women need flexible hours".

What did he just do? He created a separation. An inequality.

Special treatment for women. When what they want is Equality.

No. What they want is to not have to forgo family life for a career and vice versa. Maybe you would feel better with no benefits at all but many need them. Amazing how you twist a positive into a negative.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I own a small business. A business I started last year. I'm the sole worker/owner. I've now expanded my business to needing to hire my first employee, to keep up with growth.

Congrats on your success! Now for the fun part... just wait until you see what the expenses are when you decide to hire an employee and do it by the book. Workman's Comp is absolutely insane! The insurance audits are sure to tick you off as well. I don't think I have to mention the taxes

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join