It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

took a gander but that will change in a few days.

Surprising Arizona is leaning Romney.

Would think that state would be Romney's hands down.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

took a gander but that will change in a few days.

Surprising Arizona is leaning Romney.

Would think that state would be Romney's hands down.

Funny part is they had Obama winning last week and now suddenly they are not "credible".

That was for those who dismiss realclear.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm a feminist - - supporter of equal rights.

But I was actually offended by Romney's "women need flexible hours".

What did he just do? He created a separation. An inequality.

Special treatment for women. When what they want is Equality.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am not sure who the winner was But I know who was the loser...

The american people...

Thank you Liberals
Thank you Conservatives

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
The debate was neck and neck.

I have Romney at 51% and Obama 49%.

It wasn't an ASS kicking like the last one.

Obama stuck to his usual talking points and made some really BIZARRE statements and spun from some.

Romney was direct and had answers but interrupted and bullied the moderator a bit.

I kind of thought that way the first debate, only because Obama was trying to be a mr. nice guy. But there was a marked difference to Obama this time. And I hope he continues to keep up the push.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Real Clear Politics basically takes the averages of all the major poll and charts them. However, I don't see how this translates to "Romney can still win easily." Obama still has a clear advantage in the swing states, including
Ohio +2.5
Nevada +1.8
Pennsylvania +5.0
Michigan +4.8
Wisconsin +2.3

Romney gained a +2.5 lead in Florida after the 1st debate, but it's also well known that no Republican has won the country without Ohio, and it looks unlikely that this will happen here. So again, I just don't see how the map shows any sort of advantage for Romney, especially after this most recent debate.
edit on 16-10-2012 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

Don't see it that way Romney can easily win.

Electoral map doesn't look good for him..

But I'm game, how can he easily win?

Take a gander at this:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

RCP is the best measure of who will.win...

Romney is.going to.get quite.a.few.of.the battle.ground states
off.of.owning obama in the debates

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by meeneecat
reply to post by neo96

Real Clear Politics basically takes the averages of all the major poll and charts them. However, I don't see how this translates to "Romney can still win easily." Obama still has a clear advantage in the swing states, including
Ohio +2.5
Nevada +1.8
Pennsylvania +5.0
Michigan +4.8
Wisconsin +2.3

Romney gained a +2.5 lead in Florida after the 1st debate, but it's also well known that no Republican has won the country without Ohio, and it looks unlikely that that will happen here. So I again, I just don't see how the map shows any sort of advantage for Romney, especially after this most recent debate.

Romney needed over 100 electoral votes to win now the gap has closed, and all from the first debate.

Obama has lost quite a big of support Romney has a chance of winning which is a far cry from a clean sweep by Obama,.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

I don't get it! Lying thru his teeth? - he ran large businesses - public and private - was a successful state governor - he has been a pastor - a missionary - an Olympic savior to those who know what he did to save it - for Gods sake, and you say "he is lying thru his teeth LOL.

Obama - Acorn? Community Organizer - Fast and Furious / executive privilege ( Eric Holder a stone cold waste of a good suit) - I will have complete transparency - Obamacare shoved up everyone arrs because they didn't want to explain what was in it - Trillions more in debt (I will cut the deficit in half in my first term) what a joke on us - 4 people killed in Benghazi was "a little bump in the road"? Over rides military protocol on drones? I will bring the troops home in 6 months if elected president. Gas was $1.86 when he took over and if you do not think that does not effect lower income Americans you are not living here in the USA. I know there is more - much more - but I am going to bed.

Most people do not know what it is like to be a CEO of a large corporation (including Obama) - period. I do. Let me tell you that you as a CEO dance to the tune of a board of directors and the stock holders - end of story. So don't come back with - he closed businesses to make money - it's a joke on you because you don't understand the details.

Obama went to a Janesville Wisc. plant and made a worthless speech to plant worker about how the future looked bright if they voted for him - what joke on them, they fell for it. All talk and no action right from the beginning.

And we are suppose to be afraid of Romney because you say he is lying thru his teeth? Please prove it and change our view of Romney - please - give us some facts that he is lying. And if he is lying - he will never catch the big "O" he's the best. Your Romney statement has to be in jest - I am voting for the one that lie's the least and has the most experience - and that would be? Come on now - you know the answer.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

an Olympic savior to those who know what he did to save it

He asked the Federal Government for money.

That is how he "saved" the Olympics.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
CNN poll in.

46% say Obama won.

39% say Romney won.

Clear win for Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

What company were you the CEO of???? Please...... This should be interesting....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Flip - Romney: Government doesn't create jobs

Flop - Romney: As president I plan to create jobs

link   
This debate hurt my brain. Seriously.

link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't think so.

I think Romney got creamed.

Okay. Agree to disagree

I would put my money on Romney right now to cover the spread.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Cnn is lying

polldaddy.com...

Romney 53%
Obama 44%

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No one wins, because one of these clowns will be ruining, I mean running the country for 4 years. Every president has done their best to ruin this country since I have been alive. A vote for Johnson will, at least allow me to sleep at night knowing I did my part to deny ignorance and not fall for the "lesser of 2 evil's" B.S. line. Have fun playing your roles of "Democrat" or "Republican", I refuse to play that game.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Cnn is lying

polldaddy.com...

Romney 53%
Obama 44%

For Christs Sake.

CNN conducted a scientific poll and they said they even oversampled Republicans.

And you link to a freaking internet poll on polldaddy where you can vote multiple times???

Desperation has no shame.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That debate gave me a headache. In a nationally televised presidential debate, we shouldn't have to do extensive research to determine who's telling the truth and who's lying. I think both candidates should be sworn in and they should be punished if they lie to the American People.

How are we supposed to make an informed and responsible decision on the future of our country when both of these guys have teams of advisers who are professionals at twisting facts and dodging questions?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

.......I am at a lost for words. Government does not create jobs, he is right about that. However, government does regulate pretty much everything. He's saying he wants to change regulations, remove some, add some, to help businesses make more profit thus making more jobs. Might work, might not, but don't twist around words.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join