It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
prove it. okay so man evolved from monkey? why arent great apes and prime apes not walking and going to work. ill tell you why because monkeys arent people we have nothing in common. theyre beyond stupid compared to a 13 year old kid. monkeys would still be changing other animals to. im sure one of you monkey's will say ummmm atmospheric change.. did u live back then? did you take readings? no u didnt no one we know on this planet did n ur stupid if u think you can prove it. you have no pictures no proof. about the dinosaurs. why didnt they evolve into reptillians instead of birds. how many birds you know are cold blooded. it cant be a reptile if its cold blooded it would take from then to the year 4578075 ad to evolve to that from the evoulution rate. lol science is stupid on certain things. and darwin is a joke. only thing he discovered was stupidity and an opium pipe. nothing is evolving u dumb fools. we would be changed by now by far a huge change.. wed have no more deasese.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
people would adapt to the things we do. we all have sex so that be bigger. alot of us smoke wed be able to breath it with no repercussion's. alot of country people hunt i have seen no canines in any good ole boys mouth. are due claws are spear launching devices growing out theyre shoulders. its simple stupid were not even from this planet. we are an alien life form the bible was wrote so idiots back then would understand god and jesus are extratrestrial beings so are we and so are the feline family. what other creature on this earth besides feline are such a well built killing machine. a cats eyes arent even adapted to earth way to big size puportionate what else has eyes like that think long n hard. and think why pictures of cats are every where in egypt? i dont beleave saber tooth cat was real the dumb thingn couldnt survive it couldnt feed with a head like that. cats are aliens we are aliens. monkeys are not

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
the whole creation thing is a metaphor in bible we were created from mud. what lives in the dirt? organisms. what happens when organisms mutate? it creates something in evoulution terms we were a project by god made from organisms. like planting a mush room plug it starts to form and take shape. for all we know dinosaurs were the earths only true inhabitants we people and animals could all be from other planets combined on one. i assure you whites didnt come from blacks noaa is full of shtuff it be the opposite if anything. melalonin in skin dont turn white only black u know why none of us are related to any other race until later when we started being inner racial. we dont even have the same exact dna as each other. you can tell a black guy from white. were even diff on the inside. a white guys uhuh is half way in him a black guys is all the way out our blood doesnt match none of any of us do. no not being racist iam showing as example call me racist i dont care. one bit get mad bra!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
thats another thing every one pulls the race card. if we were all kin in the begining this knowledge would of been passed down regardless. even animals descriminate spray paint a segul pink and the others will kill it. that is proof much like ur wanna be evolution. only ive seen it done they peked it to death. that shows we are not of this earth and originally not kin in any way.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 11-12-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

After reading your post I came to this conclusion...we exist because we must. Given the right conditions matter will arrange itself into Life. Life is a byproduct of Universal and Multiversal condition.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blownaway

First of all...all Primates...and Humans are primates...have a lot in common. Humanity did not evolve along the same group as Monkeys but we do share a common ancestor. In fact all life on Earth evolved from a Single Celled Organism and this has been proven by comparing a multitude of species Genomes with our own.

When we look at all the Genomes we have mapped...animals, plants, bacteria...ALL have within their Genome a specific Viral DNA encoding which has been passed down to all lifeforms.

At one time the original Single Celled Organism which all Life evolved from was infected by a VIRUS. A Virus is NOT ALIVE. It cannot reproduce on it's own and needs a host thus it is a Non-Living Chemical Construct which has DNA.

As the first Life form on Earth was infected it's Genome took on some of the Viral DNA and as Life evolved from this Single Celled Organism that Viral DNA was passed on. EVERY Life Form on Earth has this ancient Viral DNA.

This is 100% Proof Positive that Humans EVOLVED. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blownaway

Come on, if you're going to comment on a thread at least have the courtesy to read previous posts which cover all your inaccuracies.

As split infinity says we did not evolve from monkeys, we evolved from a common ancestor. It amazes me that people can not grasp and accept evolution yet they easily believe we were created by a magical sky wizard.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

matter will arrange itself into Life

Sounds to me like you believe in magic but not the magician. How many times have you proven that in lab ?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

matter will arrange itself into Life

Sounds to me like you believe in magic but not the magician. How many times have you proven that in lab ?

Who are we to know that nature and its natural flow is just that amazing and awesome?
edit on 12-12-2012 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And if there is a divine spirit to life, which I think there is...who is to say its aware when it manifests itself into/outwardly as an expression of itself. If there is a divine spirit that fills all life, it may not be aware/concious that it does so...a flower perfectly 'is' and it follows the cycles of the seasons, without being aware that it does so...when we dream, we are not really aware that our mind is working and 'creating' things. I find nothing wrong with saying we dont know and at the same time hold reverence for however life did come into 'being'.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blownaway
thats another thing every one pulls the race card. if we were all kin in the begining this knowledge would of been passed down regardless. even animals descriminate spray paint a segul pink and the others will kill it. that is proof much like ur wanna be evolution. only ive seen it done they peked it to death. that shows we are not of this earth and originally not kin in any way.

Okay, sure it's all some giant mega conspiracy that thousands of scientists have all just made up. You do realize that biology and genetics, 2 fields of science, do not make any sense whatsoever without evolution? I think you'd be best reading a biology book, evolution isn't nearly what you seem to think it is. I don't understand what human intervention of animals (painting it pink) has to do with evolution, which is thoroughly backed up by scientific facts.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Many Universities have claimed to have created life in the lab. Most are waiting confirmation of their experiments.

A Virus is a Non-Living construct which has DNA. This is a prime example of Matter arranging itself into more and more complex forms.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I haven't heard of anything created growing to maturity or propagate . If under stringent laboratory conditions they can barely emulate creation with lab created and refined chemicals for the DNA and cytoplasm , how is it they expect this same precision to occur in the extremes of early earth environment ?
It is very likely it would not have nor survived if it had .
Not Convinced !

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I haven't heard of anything created growing to maturity or propagate . If under stringent laboratory conditions they can barely emulate creation with lab created and refined chemicals for the DNA and cytoplasm , how is it they expect this same precision to occur in the extremes of early earth environment ?
It is very likely it would not have nor survived if it had .
Not Convinced !

The idea behind those experiments is that they are simulating a primordial earth environment. The experiments simulate that harsh environment. They don't just force it in some easy going environment like today's.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

So all of the lab work was done in the earths heat that must have been well above the temperature of todays earth. Have the cells created multiplied and evolved yet ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Koros

You talk about facing facts and you can't even get the facts straight ! The thread is about the ridicule people impose on one long held account when the ridicule is just as worthy for every other account. You need to have that clearly in mind and quit attempting to railroad the thread into something you can con-troll !

Classic strategy of someone who can't defend his own position and claims. "When cornered, call the other person a troll." Yeah, good to know.

Except that's what it looks like you're doing, exactly. You're trying to mold this discussion into what you want it to be instead of what the OP intended. And it's rather unbecoming. Despite your heavy verbiage it comes off as immature, and as though you have a bitter little chip on your shoulder that you just have to tell everyone about.

OP did not ask if genesis were true, and did not intend this as a discussion of the truth of genesis. The idea was whether or not / why genesis should be considered sillier than any other account of creation. If you want to argue that you feel genesis is silly and why, I feel that would be well within the scope of the thread. However, the OP offering proof of genesis or defending it have nothing to do with the thread, and it is not a failure on the part of the OP to omit any potential "proof."

That being said, I do not believe Genesis was meant to be taken literally. Further, I find it no less ridiculous to think that this universe / reality began with a single, super-dense point in space no larger than an atom, or the period at the end of this sentence, which just then happened to, by pure luck and chance, have a "big bang," and massive expansion, and an ongoing chain reaction which would eventually lead to decreased entropy (or areas of low entropy, depending on how you want to look at it / say it) and eventually life. All purely by chance, and with NO guiding intelligence.

Sure, that doesn't sound completely fantastical at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Barcs

So all of the lab work was done in the earths heat that must have been well above the temperature of todays earth. Have the cells created multiplied and evolved yet ?

Remember, that single celled organisms ruled the earth for over a billion years, probably close to 2. That's a LONG time to undergo change on the molecular level. Abiogenesis is a hypothesis because they haven't proven it yet. There have only been a couple experiments thus far where parts of RNA have formed from the basic components. They still have a ways to go, but it's a start. As far as evolving, there have been a few successful experiments where cells or other organisms have evolved. The problem is that people look at DNA today and its complexity and assume that it was originally that complex back when life first emerged.That's like comparing a human to a single cell and wondering why humans are so complex in comparison. 2-3 billion years of evolution will do that to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am a Christian and I believe in the Genesis account of creation and in the Bible.

I used to be on the fence about the issue, spent many years reading on New Age ideas, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. I literally tried to figure out a way to not believe, really...couldn't do it. Reason itself dictates a creator, IMO.

Creation....well, the truth is, evolution is a theory because the idea has numerous flaws. Any serious scientist admits that. No fossil record to back up the idea of transitionary periods. Carbon dating has so many problems that it is laughable. Evidence thrown out that supports a young earth because it doesn't support the old earth hypothesis. Dinosaur bones found buried with soft tissue present, an impossibility after millions of years in the ground. Massive evidence that a worldwide flood happened. Also, if you mathematically extrapolate from the beginning of man to the current population of the earth, legitimate models show that man had to have appeared on earth over the last six to twelve thousand years. And yes, that is taking into account wars, plague, etc. Can't remember the exact number, but I believe that the number of people today would be around forty to fifty billion if evolutionary models were true.

Many non believers have given up on arguing evolution and instead they choose the idea that we were planted by aliens. If I wasn't a believer in God, that would definitely be a much easier idea to swallow.

I believe in Christ because there is too much evidence for me not to believe that he existed, that he fulfilled every prophecy in the Old Testament about his coming, and that he died and rose from the grave. This idea that Jesus and the entire Bible are simply made up stories based on earlier stories from Egypt and other early mythology has been debunked and debunked, yet those with pagan belief systems simply keep saying it as if it will make it true, lol....that somehow the Bible is based on the sun and the moon, and astrology, etc. Archeology in the Middle East has proven beyond a doubt that the cities and landscape of the Bible is accurate. Israel and the Jewish people are real, Jesus was a real guy, he isn't some figment of fantasy created by some secret society.The churches that Paul wrote to were real, the apostles existed. These are facts, no matter how badly pagans or atheists want people to believe differently. Now, they can argue that Jesus was just a great teacher, and not God, and that the Resurrection was a hoax or something. OK. If that is true, I simply have no earthly explanation why Christianity has survived to this day with it's message of truth, hope and love. IT is so much EASIER to not believe, and to live in a fantasy world where there is magic on the earth, and where people are pretty much good, and where we can solve all of our problems by gathering the greatest human minds....

Except wait. Human beings are fallen, just as the Bible says they are. Hedonistic creatures looking to satisfy themselve by doing whatever they want, when they want, masters of their own domain....the human heart isn't good, it is filled with deceit, lies, treachery....why IS that? We are the only creatures on this earth with the ability to know right from wrong, with the intellect to make decisions based on morality. Why IS that? Because God gave us that ability, free will. Man sinned and the world was cursed.

Reason dictates a creator. Think about the computer you are looking at right now. Or a rock on the ground. Now, can either of these objects create themselves outside of themselves? Spontaneous creation? No. NOTHING can. Nothing that exists in our plane of existence could have created itself, that is simple reason. Nothing can exist before it existed. Please take a second and think about that. Now, how can God exist, you ask, because I just said that nothing can create itself? God has always existed, and he exists on a different plane of existence....Heaven, as we call it, where He is the radiating source of power. Logic and reason have no problem with an eternal creator. None at all. OK, you say, why can't the universe be eternal? One word....MATTER. This universe that you and I live in is composed of matter. What does matter do? It decays. Matter does not exist eternally. The proponents of the Big Bang know this, and they have mathematically shown that the entire mass of the universe, all matter, was compressed to the size of an atom. They have no idea what existed before that, because beyond that point you reach mere speculation. Probably why some scientists have said that when they got the top of the mountain, they found the Theologians already camped there.

edit on 16-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Lastly, Biblical prophecy...the Gospels, the Book of Daniel, Revelation, sections of the Psalms, the whole Book, etc...it foretells exactly what is happening right now. Daniel accurately predicted the rise and fall preceding the second coming of Christ. Jesus stated himself that when we see Israel become a nation again, the generation who sees it will not pass before he returns. Predictions of a vast increase in knowledge, speed of travel. Israel will be surrounded by nations that want to destroy it. There has been a massive increase in earthquakes, the weather is stranger and stranger...there are signs all over the place, happening at the exact time the Bible predicted they would. I know, I know...there have always been earthquakes, and weird weather, and the Israel thing is coincidence or somehow self fulfilled prohecy....the fact that we see the Pope himself talking about a New World Order, and that we are seeing the EU growing more and more powerful (Bible talks of a reformed Europe) is a coincidence. It's all coincidence for anyone who wants to live in the flesh, and I totally get it.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

I would advise any non believer to learn that, live it, accept it. I am far from a Bible thumper, I am a sinner and disgusting person with no good inside me. I realized it after years of telling myself the same things that any non believer tells themselves...that there is another way, that I am my own master, and that I answer to no one. I pray that the Spirit touches you and reveals the truth. God bless.
edit on 16-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join