It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No I'm sorry I think the Big Bang is far more applicable as a cause less cause than your god delusion.

Seen as everything from the Big Bang including evolution is explained and accepted by science I don't see where a god fits in or even if one is required at all.

Any evidence of this god of yours? Or are you happy to try dismiss evolution instead even though it is an observable fact.
edit on 22-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

There's so much evidence you won't even have an excuse for your ignorance. I see so much evidence I can only see you as someone who chooses to be blind. Nowhere does the Bible argue Gods existence because it is so obvious.
So I believe and have hope. You don't and have nothing.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But let me guess its not what science would call evidence, you have to feel it blah blah blah blah blah.

It doesn't matter what the bible says its a fictional 2000 year old book and not a very good one at that. If there was any evidence of a god atheism wouldn't be growing as fast as it us. Unfortunately for you the more we learn about the universe the more we know there is no god.

Even Stephen hawking claims there is no god and you would think a man in his condition would want to believe in a god so he can live a life after death where he isn't suffering. However he is a genius and logical thinker, he won't cast aside his knowledge to believe in your garbage.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what the bible says its a fictional 2000 year old book and not a very good one at that. If there was any evidence of a god atheism wouldn't be growing as fast as it us

You're wrong again.thee Bible predicts these times will be filled people exactly like you pard. I don't think there's anything left for you to be wrong about. Happy Thanks giving.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Does it now ha ha ha

We all know the bible is full of contradictions and mistakes, I guess it would be mildly amusing if at least one prediction in the bible came to fruition, I guess the law of averages dictates that it has to guess something right eventually.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

Does it now ha ha ha

We all know the bible is full of contradictions and mistakes, I guess it would be mildly amusing if at least one prediction in the bible came to fruition, I guess the law of averages dictates that it has to guess something right eventually.

So are you !
But you have some examples right ?
edit on 23-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Examples of what? Contradictions in the bible, you know how to google don't you?

A couple of examples are the bible gives two different men as the father of Joseph and the bible calls your god a god of war and then a god of peace, which is it? There's tonnes more though.

That's what happens when you take chinese whispers, hearsay and third hand stories and try put them together and pass it off as an actual recollection of events. It's a complete joke that anyone would believe what is written in the bible.
edit on 23-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

Examples of what? Contradictions in the bible, you know how to google don't you?

A couple of examples are the bible gives two different men as the father of Joseph and the bible calls your god a god of war and then a god of peace, which is it? There's tonnes more though.

That's what happens when you take chinese whispers, hearsay and third hand stories and try put them together and pass it off as an actual recollection of events. It's a complete joke that anyone would believe what is written in the bible.
edit on 23-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

Clearly you are the one lacking google skills.

First just off the top of my head.
The Bible calling God, a God of war and then the direct opposite, isn't even a contradiction.. Unless of course one is ignorant to the fact that they themselves can be both at different times. I can be a man of war one day and the next day a man of peace. So you're wrong on both of these also because....

Jesus was the heir to the throne and the true King of Israel thru both his mother and his father both leading back thru the House of David. You only need to follow the lineage provided in the canon to know that Jacob is the father of Joseph by seed as so named in the book of Math.

So why is Heli listed as Joseph's father in Luke ? Because Luke runs down the lineage of Christ thru his mother making Heli....what ? What was that ? Joseph's father in law, that's right young man, very good. So once again you've only proved you don't know anything about what you believe or dis believe for that matter. You just hear what you want to hear record and regurgitate.

Wrong wrong wrong nothing but wrong. That's all you've been But you're learning.

What was that you said about hearsay?
edit on 23-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
with a great deal of difficulty, and the eventual realisation that you can't. all options must remain open.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
with a great deal of difficulty, and the eventual realisation that you can't. all options must remain open.

Straight forward honest and in the least amount of words possible. At least one of, if not the most intelligent of the responses I've seen.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

thanks. i tend to favour an economy of words.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

We were created

Then who created evolution ?

Good I'm glad we agree. Nothing is created without a Creator, nothing designed without a designer, nothing programmed without a programmer, nothing mechanized without a mechanic, no magic without a magician.. Are you starting to see a trend here and why I believe you are wrong.

And evolution has never created anything.

Haven't you had enough of this yet?

edit on 22-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Who created the "creator"?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
we're all just a dream dragons dream

consciousness is a chemical reaction

which is atoms and molecules interacting

whoa

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Come on then at some point it must be your turn to prove your theory of creation.

Try using evidence over scripture, the bible is too dubious a source to be considered evidence. Much the same as me using Jurassic park to prove dinosaurs existed.
edit on 24-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No you come on now all you've said in this thread has been proven to be 100% wrong and you should acknowledge that. And you are wrong again calling the Bible dubious. See you believe the modern day myth. Akin to an educated Hobo.

What you should do at the very least is concede that RosoColaz has made the most pertinent and truthful statement, remaining neutral at the same time. You see partner to take the stance of limitation to a document so serious in nature is a fallacy in itself. Don't eliminate anything because you don't know everything matey.

I'd rather see you open minded than actually proved so wrong. Or you can remain dense and unappreciative of all the time I've given you.
edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So you're eliminating evolution and promoting creationism.

You do realise that the educated world think the opposite to you right.

Nothing I have said has been proven wrong, you just dismiss it because it goes against your precious bible. Just because you want something to be wrong doesn't make it wrong.
edit on 24-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hah ! I figured as much.
This conversation is over. You hurry home now and hide your head under the pillows.

A spelling contest .

Have a nice day Gaff.
edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah thanks for your contribution to the thread. You provided absolutely zero evidence but consider yourself above other members and talk very condescending towards those who do not share your beliefs.

Fortunately I'm not stupid enough to dismiss hard evidence that prove evolution to be a fact.

I'm sorry I cannot believe a book that is clearly fictitious and share your blind faith. Anybody who really believes a book which claims the earth to be 6000 years old and is ignorrant to dinosaurs is a lost cause.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Last word freak maybe ?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It is clear that as you've resorted to posting unrelated videos and writing childish insults that you are clearly unable to reinforce your beliefs with evidence.

I'll consider that a victory for rational thought.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join