It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by randyvs

You know , just to maybe Finalize this Discussion , I got One More Question to ask all the ATS Members who Posted in this Great Thought Provoking Thread . If , in the Far Future , Mankind oneday Colonizes Space to such an extent that his Numbers reach into the Hundreds of Billions of People , each Unique in their own Personalities and Thought Processes , where oh where do they ALL Come From ? Nothingness , or were they Intelligently Designed by some " Force " of Nature which as of yet, has Not been Confirmed as a Fact by the Scientific Methods available to man today >>>>? ........

Your question left me thinking, who can say what
all that extra brain power could mean to mankind ?
We've had some powerful brains come into
this existence, with a far smaller population.
What if the possibility of the human brain or
human being actually goes far beyond that of
Einstien? Was Einstien a fluke or was he actually
supposed to be the norm ? We have certainly only
scratched the surface of
knowledge.

edit on 28-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Klassified
Abiogenesis is a possible explanation for existence.

Abiogenesis has nothing to do with explanation of existence.

Abiogenesis, if it's true, is still a subset of existence.

Abiogenesis doesn't explain the existence of Abiogenesis.

This is the sticky murky water that non-metaphysics/non-spiritual explanations always drown in. When it gets right down to the core, nothing in science has gotten us closer to explaining the existence of existence.

The mechanics that already exist which we're capable of observing, sure, but absolutely nothing except different "myths" about the origins of those mechanics.

There is nothing wrong with science, but it's no better at this than the turtles. And in fact "turtles all the way down" does work better as it was a method of visualizing and explaining the fractal nature of reality to people of virtually no mathematical understanding.

No different than when physicists use golf balls and stadiums to "visualize" the scale of the atom or anthropomorphize along the lines of "the larger galaxy is eating the smaller galaxy".

The myths explain existence very well, so long as you don't take them literally and can see the concepts they were attempting to convey within the confines of what people at that time would understand.

Just as you can't take a golf ball in a football stadium as a literal explanation of an atom or that galaxies have mouths like ours to eat with.

Edit: Oh... wow. The new feeds throw me for a loop sometimes. Should have checked the depth and age of the thread before posting, heh.
edit on 28-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

That's what happens when I get two thought trains going at the same time. I was thinking of existence, and human existence.

Whatever the case. I don't really have a problem with a metaphysical/spiritual explanation for existence. I do have a problem with ANY religion that claims to have cornered the market on the truth for all humans. Imho. There is no religion that can make that claim legitimately.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, I know your thoughts around here well enough I should have interpreted your post that way.

I also should have read the thread before posting. Glad to know all is "right" with the world again, haha.

Existence exists and we're in a steaming pile of... *cough*... 'it'.

/namasalute!
edit on 28-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We are spirits having a human experience. Most have forgotten this simple but crucial fact. This causes much confusion and strife.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join