It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
The abortion issue is a moot point, and it really isn't going to change no matter who is in office even though the democrats want to use it as a scare tactic for the ignorant.

You are right. Where a candidate stands on abortion is a non issue. The SCOTUS has ruled .. it's legal. There are business' across this country that depend on abortion .... Planned Parenthood, research facilities, and even big pharma which uses the aborted babies for vaccination experiments etc etc. There is NO WAY that abortion is going to be taken away from this country.

For Ryan to come out and say 'this will be a pro-life presidency' ... that's irrelevant.
For Biden to say he wants to protect abortion rights ... that's redundant.
SCOTUS has done it. It can't be undone.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Can Ryan and Romney get along for four years if they get into the white house?
Because the pioneer leaders of the LDS church had terrible animosity for catholics.

The 'pioneer leaders' of the LDS are dead and gone.
And the LDS have changed their beliefs over the years.
There is no problem between LDS members and Catholics.
The only problem is with the Vatican saying that LDS aren't really Christians.
But even that is insignificant and obviously Ryan and Romney get along just fine.

Like with Biden, he seems much more mature in his belief in the catholic church ...

He's a cafeteria catholic who has dismissed a teaching of his church.
Technically he has excommunicated himself and is a 'lapsed catholic'.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
TV RATINGS FOR VP DEBATE DOWN -27% FROM '08...

FOXNEWS 10,019,827
CBS 8,308,421
ABC 8,287,610
NBC 7,851,757
MSNBC 4,378,671
CNN 4,145,951

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i can't decide on who to vote on, can someone answer this to me please?

1-want to pay less taxes if your in the low/poor class making less than 40.000 a year
2-need health insurance in case of health problems/hospital that doesn't cost me $1000 a month+ (that basically covers a lot) and that health insurance cannot be denied to me nor can it drop me because I'm sick
3-create more jobs, increase minimum wage, decrease cost of food

who should I vote for?
thank you

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by promenion

i can't decide on who to vote on, can someone answer this to me please? 

1-want to pay less taxes if your in the low/poor class making less than 40.000 a year

Romney

2-need health insurance in case of health problems/hospital that doesn't cost me $1000 a month+ (that basically covers a lot) and that health insurance cannot be denied to me nor can it drop me because I'm sick

Neither...

3-create more jobs and decrease cost of food

Romney

increase minimum wage

Obama

who should I vote for? 
thank you

The person who best represents your views. 

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't care who won the debate because I don't support either candidate so I couldn't care less what empty promises their VPs were selling.... I gotta say though if it wasn't for Biden I wouldn't actually have been able to sit through the whole debate, he kept it entertaining

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't believe calling people out on "lies" is the role of moderator. She overstepped her boundaries in numerous occasions. Her job was to ask unbiased questions and keep the debate flowing smoothly without interruptions, and she failed quite miserably, because she interpreted her job as defending the Progressive team and there agenda.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And on top of tha he couldn't back up his claims with facts or actual specific plans.

That what strikes me most with R/R. I'm worried about foreign policy where R/R are reduced to chanting the mantra of "being strong" without specifying in what regards, where and how. They selling that to the dumb sector of the public, I suppose. Do they propose to bomb Iran the day Romney takes office? Or bomb North Korea? I really want to know specifics. But they are not forthcoming. Can't trust R/R, period.

Ah, but you see where being "nice" has gotten us with the current admin?????

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Did you expect ANYTHING less?

I didn't.

It was biased from the start. The Moderator has ties to Obama.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

I don't care who won the debate because I don't support either candidate so I couldn't care less what empty promises their VPs were selling....

Translation - I don't like either guy so I'm just going to let everyone else decide my future for me. 

At some level you have to see the direction our country is headed under Obama. Do you want more of the same?? I'm voting AGAINST Obama more than FOR Romney because any fool can see his complete failure and lack of leadership. It's time to give someone (anyone) else a shot.  

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
TV RATINGS FOR VP DEBATE DOWN -27% FROM '08...

FOXNEWS 10,019,827
CBS 8,308,421
ABC 8,287,610
NBC 7,851,757
MSNBC 4,378,671
CNN 4,145,951

Scary that foxnews had the most viewers. I feel bad so many are fed such lackluster "news".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I don't care who won the debate because I don't support either candidate so I couldn't care less what empty promises their VPs were selling.... I gotta say though if it wasn't for Biden I wouldn't actually have been able to sit through the whole debate, he kept it entertaining

Your entertainment was this woman's splitting headache.

Biden's 85 Interruptions Video

The MSM gushed about what a great job the moderator did. She had no control (perhaps intentionally). 85 interruptions in 90 mins is almost one a minute.

edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I didn't.

Yes...because we all know ex-wives of former classmates loooooove to help out their former husband's friends

Rebuplican "logic" at its best

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I don't care who won the debate because I don't support either candidate so I couldn't care less what empty promises their VPs were selling....

Translation - I don't like either guy so I'm just going to let everyone else decide my future for me. 

At some level you have to see the direction our country is headed under Obama. Do you want more of the same?? I'm voting AGAINST Obama more than FOR Romney because any fool can see his complete failure and lack of leadership. It's time to give someone (anyone) else a shot.  

You would think with Romney saying over and over again he can fix the economy, he would see that you have to cut spending. Yet doesn't want to cut defense spending. You know, the greatest money sink of all time. We haven't had to militarily defend America since Pearl Harbor, by that I mean physically.
edit on 13-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes...because we all know ex-wives of former classmates loooooove to help out their former husband's friends

Did ABC News or the Commission on Presidential Debates ask Raddatz about personal ties to either side? (And did the debate commission do so before making its other moderator picks?)

What was the nature of Raddatz’s relationship with Obama in 1991, and how did it change over the years?
When did Raddatz disclose her ties to Obama, including his attending her wedding, to superiors at ABC News? If she didn’t, why not? If she did, what ethical constraints did ABC put on her? When and how did the debate commission learn of these ties, and to what extent?

Can ABC spokesman Ford back up his written assertion that “nearly the entire [Harvard] Law Review” attended the Raddatz–Genachowski wedding, implying that Obama’s presence was no big deal? (A contemporaneous photo shows the law review had 70 staffers at the time.) If Ford doesn’t have those facts, why did he circulate that assertion to reporters?

And finally, now that The Daily Caller has followed up its August 23 report of the Obama–Raddatz–Genachowski connection with the wedding story, how do ABC and the debate commission plan to fully inform the public before the debate begins at 9 p.m. Thursday?

VP Debate Moderator Has Close Obama Ties

Democrat "Ethics" at its best

edit on 13-10-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Scary that foxnews had the most viewers. I feel bad so many are fed such lackluster "news".

FOX has been in the lead for years! They're number one because they're the only ones serving a different flavor of Kool Aid. Besides, if it wasn't for FOX throwing up the BS flag Obama would have already been crowned emperor and granted lifetime rule. You should be thankful...then again, you probably don't see a problem with that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I didn't.

At least we know when the deck is stacked.

Raddatz Visited Biden at His Residence in March
www.weeklystandard.com...
explore.data.gov...

As the records show, that day Raddatz visited the VPR (or, the vice president's residence) for a "Women's History Month Reception." That record was released on June 29, 2012.

edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Support the guy who I don't like even though I don't support his positions, I just want to get the other guy out..... People wonder why this country is in the crapper, look no further than the American sheeple being lead by their handlers..... Good on your guys for standing up for what is true and just in this country, oh wait....... Pathetic people breed a pathetic government, you want to blame the countries problems on the POTUS, next time you people need to take a good long look in the mirror!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If Biden believes it's everyone's CHOICE (as in: they are free to do whatever), how exactly does that automatically oblige him to tell you his choice? It doesn't matter if he's pro or against as according to his own words, everyone should be allowed to chose. You know...freedom

Biden says anything..true or false with ZERO conviction on anything. When he starts off with “my religion defines who I am.” What the hell does that mean when he follows up with abortion are basically ok.
NO conviction on anything...

It was a big deal for him to spout that Ryan voted for the wars...Well so did HE!! Both of them, but you don't see Ryan backing away from his vote and playing, once again, some kind of blame game when they are the blame too, or many times the only blame...

I'm not religious and though I see abortions over all as morally wrong I can see why people want them. Biden AND Obama do not have conviction in their speeches or actions, and I can't vote for a guy who I don't have a clue what their foundations are.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Good on your guys for standing up for what is true and just in this country, oh wait....... Pathetic people breed a pathetic government, you want to blame the countries problems on the POTUS, next time you people need to take a good long look in the mirror!!!

As I said before I kind of hope Obama wins, so that everyone defending him gets their just rewards.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join