It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

More attempted child abductions in Colorado.

Well this is just great.

With my Father in law planning a trip to Colorado ( same area ) this coming summer involving all his grandsons, including my wife's boy of 11 years. There will be three adult males and three kids. So I won't be to worried as I will be stressing form this point forward and to all three, not to let any of them out of their range. What a shame I have to become a nag but so be it. They will be with responsible people.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards the suspect being young. Could be why Jessica didn't run off when he first stopped. She may have seen him in the neighborhood or he looked young/harmless. The Celtic cross strikes me as something a young person might have.

Are we seeing a pattern? He unsuccessfully attacked an adult went on to kill a child and now it seems he's going after adult women again. This makes me think he's too young/inexperienced to deal with an adult victim.

They've established a definitive connection between the attack on the jogger/Jessica. I'm guessing they've got DNA and it's not on file.

The profiler on my local news suggested the suspect could be as young as 18. He said typically these guys have some kind of sexual assault in their past, if there's no record/DNA there's a good chance he's just starting out. The profiler went on to say the perp has escalated since the attack on the jogger and is extremely dangerous.

Considering the crime I would say whoever did this is capable of extreme violence. Everyone needs to take extra precautions.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The hair doesn't show or prove anything. However, it was an update in the case that led the police to section off the area and they came away with two bags of evidence. In my opinion, any update in this case is relevant.

I just want to make sure everyone knows the jogging woman case and Jessica's case have the same suspect.

Here is the description the woman gave police after being attacked.

— White male
— 18-30 years old
— 5’6″-5’8″ tall
— Average build
— Brown hair

That is the man police are looking for in relation to Jessica's death. So yes, it is a younger person who owned the cross. I am not sure if she met with a sketch artist, but if you find a sketch please post it.

Great info about the nicks in the cross. I had assumed it was just wear and tear, but it does look like someone may have been stabbing it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Arrest made in the case. I'm glad they are making progress in the case, at the least.....

A 17-year old...?!? Ugh!
edit on 24-10-2012 by ElectricGreen because: update

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricGreen
Arrest made in the case. I'm glad they are making progress in the case, at the least.....

Press conference on now Link

There should be a live video link on that page but it wasn't up yet when I just checked.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bout time.

Although I only have tears for this sweet little girl. I know she rests in the arms of a loving Lord.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good that they got the guy, usually it doesnt end up that way..and the guy, hes 17, thats so unusual

And that 12 yr old girl in NJ, killed by 15 and 17 yr old brothers for her bike parts.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Although he's only 17 the news is still running his pic. They're asking the public to come forward if they know him. People really can make/break a case. LE got a tip about a home near Ketner lake.

A case similar to the attack on the jogger is getting a second look. That incident happened two years prior he would've been 15.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thought I heard on the news he was charged with 2 counts of murder. If I heard correctly, Who is the second victim?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great news!

The killer's name is Austin Reed Sigg. He confessed to his mother about Jessica and she turned him in. He lived 1.5 miles from Jessica's home. He was attending community college in hopes of being a mortician.

He was not charged with two counts of murder.

He has been charged with first degree murder and kidnapping in relation to Jessica's case. He is also expected to be charged with attempted abduction for the adult jogger. That did NOT happen two years ago. It happened this past May.

I just got home from work so I have only read one article. I will post more if I find something else.

Source

ETA:

This source is saying he IS charged with two counts of murder. I'm assuming they are probably both for Jessica.

CNN
is also saying two counts of first degree murder for Jessica, and attempted murder and attempted abduction for the jogger.

Here is an interview with friends of Sigg's. They say he was quiet, shy, and didn't have many friends. Seems fairly typical?

edit on 24-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I read that he aspired to be a mortician. What 17 yr old aspires to be a mortician

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by tport17

I read that he aspired to be a mortician. What 17 yr old aspires to be a mortician

Actually, a guy I graduated with went straight to mortuary school when high school was over. It wasn't a family business or anything, he was just interested in it. So it isn't unheard of.

But yes, it is definitely a weird occupation to want to do at 17, unless it is some kind of family business you grew up with.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have not seen her...... Maybe try posting a picture at walmart ...? Kind of a weird thread.........

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I have not seen her...... Maybe try posting a picture at walmart ...? Kind of a weird thread.........

What are you talking about dude, how is it a weird thread\? Theres a huge picture of her in the OP.
She was found, chopped to pieces and now theyve arrested a suspect. Did you even read the first few pages or the last few pages?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What are you talking about dude, how is it a weird thread\? Theres a huge picture of her in the OP.
She was found, chopped to pieces and now theyve arrested a suspect. Did you even read the first few pages or the last few pages?

No i read the first post. If i started a thread of a missing girl I'm sure somebody would wonder y I did that.... Just an odd place to put missing persons cases... If it was AFTER they found her chopped up I can see how it'd be a good discussion.... But whatever...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

The thread was created before they found her. I suppose to get the word out to any members that may be in the Colorado area to be on the lookout, like an ATS "Amber Alert" I suppose.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

The thread was created before they found her. I suppose to get the word out to any members that may be in the Colorado area to be on the lookout, like an ATS "Amber Alert" I suppose.

Haa ok. Seems like facebook would be the necessary place for that. Ohwell. Never seen a missing person thing on here before like that it was odd to see that. And that is all, carry on...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. My local news here in Colorado reported today about another case that's similar to the incident with the jogger.

The attack on the jogger at Ketner lake was last May however this other case occurred 2 years ago. LE is looking to see if there's a connection. They're not saying how it's similar. This was reported on the Colorado Springs news.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

Haa ok. Seems like facebook would be the necessary place for that. Ohwell. Never seen a missing person thing on here before like that it was odd to see that. And that is all, carry on...

It's an odd case.

Here's his "mug shot" put through fotoforensics:

fotoforensics.com...

His eyes, the hair both head and facial, and the string and skin to the left are tampered with.

Earlier in the thread I commented about the location of her "body". Not sure about that because the news showed a stretcher from an areial photo of the truck both during and after when it is gone.
There is no crime scene tape. There are no LE anywhere in the area securing the scene. Nor taking any evidence. No evidence that a dismembered body was JUST removed from the location.

The bag placed in the subdivision was another oddity in itself. Why would anyone place her backpack with her clothes inside a paperbag? If you think to taunt police, you've been watching too much crime drama on TV.
There is no way this could be done without some DNA, hair or fibers being left.

If that were the case then it wouldn't be his Mom calling the cops on him and him turning himself in.
They would have already picked him up.

I think the case links to the fake Aurora psy-op case somehow.
These people are listed as residents of Aurora in their bios.

Even the area where she was allegedly left (dismembered?), is too high profile an area to have escaped notice for the length of time she was missing.

Not sure what is going on, but it has some very odd peculiarities to this story.
Whenever a mugshot is doctored, I get a little suspicious. I'm just funny that way, I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just saw this on the news. Thanks all who have posted the updated info.

So glad they got this guy and he is off the street. Now lets hope they also track down these copycats that have been going bezerk trying to kidnap women and children the last couple of weeks.

The latest video says that the coroner did find Jessica's remains at the suspect's house

And here is the video about Austin Sigg and his arrest

From the video description

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4)- The murder suspect arrested in the Jessica Ridgeway case allegedly has confessed to the crime twice.

First, Austin Sigg told his mother that he was responsible for the murder of the 10-year-old who was abducted while walking to school on Oct. 5.

Sigg's mother called Westminster Police on Tuesday to tell them about his involvement.

Police came to the home and Sigg, 17, told police in great detail about what happened to Jessica. He also told them that human remains were inside a crawl space under the home.

~OkieDokie
edit on 24-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: better video

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join