It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Thanks for the info. I really have been looking, but kept getting the same spin from original story. The plot thickens....

ETA: If her father were a brunette the sketch would match him. Means nothing most likely; just something I noticed.
edit on 14-10-2012 by bangoli because: to add

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
reply to post by MaMaa

yeah they might make for "better news" but i don't think that takes away from the fact that they also make for better abduction/sex abuse/ritual sacrifice victims for target. it's not just the media, the media reflects the underlying obsession with this particular profile. i did not knew any detail about this prior to reading the thread, but when reading the title i knew it would be "blonde blue eyes". i'm not a psychic but i can observe trends and patterns.

also, as righteous as it may sound... why are you wishing death on the killer? how is that making you any better than him/her?

i don't wish death on nobody, regardless of the facts involved.
anybody who commits such an act should live to deal with the repercussions coming from that action.

that's far worse than dying, and trust me i know because i have been there.

death gives you the freedom to feel nothing at all.
and by nothing i mean nothing filled with everything, similar to the buddhist concept.

the little girl is in a better place now, away from all of this, i am happy for her.

Because it is a permanent way to ensure that he is never able to hurt another child. God knows our legal system/prison system/ect.. isn't exactly the best around and there is always a possibility of him getting out/escaping/ect.. and doing this to someone else. It's a permanent solution to prevent someone else from dying at his hands.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
I actually do have a bit of conspiracy about this story.

I read on Yahoo yesterday evening that she was found dismembered.
There was a bit of video from a news channel. Fox maybe, or another one.
What I found strange was there was a snippet of the film of finding her body and removing the stretcher.
My question was, why was a news outlet there for an aerial video of this moment taken?
Was it by the news agency or police helicopter? Considering this was a reportedly "dismembered body",
I can not imagine why a stretcher with mere body parts under the sheet would be shown.

Who called the media helicopter to film the removal or why would the police video be released of the finding of a dismembered body of ANYONE much less a child be included in a broadcast?

Something about this story has bothered me that it was being used for some manipulative value.
FOX recently feigned a man committing suicide after a carjack as a news story.
I found anomalies that made that story appear to be faked for ratings.

I have followed missing person's cases in the past and occasionally find some that are not real.
They are invented stories with no substance behind them.
I don't know that this is one of those stories, but there have been a few questionable issues surrounding it.

How far was the walk from home to the meeting place in the park?
Why was the mother not able to take her child to school since she had just got home after night shift?
I found it odd she would be in such a deep sleep as to not hear a phone ring.
In other words, her story didn't "hang together" either.

Was there anyone who is from this area that knows local info about it?
Thanks.

why would anyone need to call for the media, they are parked out all over the place covering this story. They probably got wind of the police going somewhere and jumped on following them.

I thought it was just two blocks from her home to the meeting place at the park and I can't imagine the mother wasn't 'able' to walk her the two blocks, but that they just didn't do things that way. I don't walk with my middle school kids (two of them), we live one block to the middle school. I'm guessing if she was 11 that she would have been in 6th grade, which is middle school. At that age parents are getting to where they give kids a little more independence to walk further on their own and kids want more independence, it isn't like they are 5 years old. I have four kids. My highschooler son walks alone to school about 4 blocks every morning. My middle schoolers walk half a block together and then one goes with a friend and the other tags behind, I don't walk with them. The school is literally one block away. My 7 year old walks in a group of kids. One girl next door walks over, then the two of them walk down half a block while I watch from the end of the driveway, I watch them pick up two other girls and they walk the other half block to the elementary in a pack. In light of recent events and further thought about how we have been doing things I have decided to start walking the whole block with them, but my point is that it isn't all that unusual.

As for the mom sleeping through phone calls, I don't understand why that is so hard to believe? She works during the night and sleeps in the day, chances are she may just be a heavy sleeper or maybe her phone isn't all that loud. I have slept through phone calls too, especially when I'm very very tired. No conspiracy there.

On top of that the police have cleared both parents in any involvement.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh also that drawing of a suspect looks an awful lot like this guy I went to school with and is a registered sex offender now.. Maybe I'm stretching in seeing a similarity though.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Do you live in the area? Seems like you said somewhere in the thread that you do.

This guy is sure similar. Police checked out all registered sex offenders but I am not sure how large of an area they looked at.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
reply to post by MaMaa

Do you live in the area? Seems like you said somewhere in the thread that you do.

This guy is sure similar. Police checked out all registered sex offenders but I am not sure how large of an area they looked at.

I am appox. 45 minutes north.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

yea ive heard a lot about this story. since the father of this young girl was a personal friend of mine for many years before i left independence. he used to be my next door neighbor. the whole thing is sad and last i heard i think they found her dead. jeremy actually went out to CO to help in the search efforts

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Oh also that drawing of a suspect looks an awful lot like this guy I went to school with and is a registered sex offender now.. Maybe I'm stretching in seeing a similarity though.
No you are not stretching. That's quite a resemblance. The fellow in the photograph has unusual looking hair, looks almost like a hairpiece somehow. If it is an official police photo though, I guess they wouldn't permit him to wear something like that. It's a shame he turned out the way he did.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
The problem is even if they catch this worthless excuse of life, convict and imprison him he will get coddled, in fact they don't even put these types of prisoners in with general population, because they will be snuffed by inmates in less than a week.

Well, how about that? Criminals being protected instead of innocent people.

Why do they get special treatment? What does that teach? Go ahead and kill a child, you'll be fine in prison, no one will be able to touch you. Then they go out and reoffend.

It makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I know what you mean.

As a kid growing up I was pretty care free and it was relatively safe out there but yeah, you always has that one suspicious van at the bottom of the road or some old guy handing out sweets (not ice creams like in my avatar lol).

I am afraid to let my children out to play without checking on them constantly and I know this is giving them a hard time but it's how it is now, we live in a pretty screwed up world.

Sure this kind of stuff exists everywhere but not so much as in the western modernized countries. My theory is that when you give someone everything and take down certain restrictions in life you will eventually lead certain people down the wrong path (psycho's, sociopaths, criminals etc).

What worries me is how now very young girls are dressing, mimicking the fashion of older women. My daughter is 6 years old but already she wants to wear what she perceives to be normal and I have had a hard time trying to convince her otherwise (usually resulting in me putting my foot down which results in another brick wall in any relationship).

By the way this is what I was on about earlier:

www.wanttoknow.info...

Conspiracy of Silence. Great documentary, if you can find it, getting harder to watch this.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why does everyone are about one specific girl disappearing? It happens every day. The only reason half of you care is because you heard about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aninonymous

Originally posted by tport17

The description for this forum says it "is for the discussion of contemporary world events, with a general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups that may not easily fit into other topical forums." To me, a general focus does not necessarily mean it is the only focus of the forum.

we could argue that.

And actually, a few members have put a conspiracy spin on the main story if you read through the whole thread.

Well, yeah... because thats what this site is for. I could yell Reptillians on this, but thats not the point. The OP was basically an Amber Alert before anyone knew the child was murdered.
Now it's filled up the home page for two days and doesn't offer anything related to what this site is made for.
Obviously, the Mods don't mind, because it's still here.
But if this were my site, I'd be a little tweeked that this the first thing new visitors see.

I'll say it again, this is a sad story. You'd have to be in-human not to feel something about this. But I don't need to be reading about this stuff here unless the sole purpose is to offer a different take.
I bet you someone will do start a new thread doing just that soon. My guess is occult.

Peace

edit on 13-10-2012 by Aninonymous because: (no reason given)

Luckily, this isn't your site!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

No, it's the only reason ALL of us care. How could we care unless we heard about it? You must be one booooored and boring little troll.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bangoli
reply to post by LiberLegit

No, it's the only reason ALL of us care. How could we care unless we heard about it? You must be one booooored and boring little troll.

I've been here 2 years longer than you. If I were a "troll" i'm sure I would have been weeded out by now. I do mean it though, because you all can stick a name and face to a disappearance then it becomes important. What about the unheard cries of those gone missing that the MSM doesn't tell you about, nobody seems to care about them, just this kid. Their stories are much, much worse than this and happen more often than you think.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I see people complain about this thread and ask why this little girl matters when there are so many other children missing, yet I don't see any of them doing anything to help those other children.

This little girl matters just as much as every single other child. If I could make a thread for each of them I would.
In fact, before posting this thread, I had considered starting up an on-going missing child thread that started with Jessica Ridgeway. After searching, I found a similar thread that didn't get much interest so I decided perhaps people weren't all that interested in missing kids on here. I posted this thread about Jessica to get her picture out there, expecting a handful of responses and then it would be put to bed. Obviously, this was of interest to more people than I anticipated.

I'm a big believer that every little bit counts. I did what I could to help find this little girl. What are you doing to help a different missing child that no one knows about? For whatever reason, I have a special interest in missing children. I appreciate where those of you are coming from, but if you are so angry that other children aren't getting attention then do something about it. I get that it is a huge task to get every single face out there, but it wouldn't be if more people did it.

Think of a way you can fix the problem instead of looking the other way and saying there goes another one, oh well.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
With that said, I would like to keep the topic on Jessica if at all possible.

The suspect that abducted the girl in Cody, Wyoming has been captured. This is not the same person I posted a picture of on the last page. I believe the police decided the Cody case was not related to Jessica's case but I wanted to let everyone know since it was discussed quite a bit on here.

There have not been many updates about Jessica's case since Friday but this came out today. Criminologists says her killer is probably ugly, toothless, poor, unsophisticated, and stupid. Quite the description. He would probably drive an older beat-up car.

A former FBI chief is saying that the backpack may have been intentionally planted by the killer. He believes the killer wanted police to find it in an attempt to tease them. This suggests the person has tendencies to be a serial killer and may strike again. Creepy.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I know what you mean.

As a kid growing up I was pretty care free and it was relatively safe out there but yeah, you always has that one suspicious van at the bottom of the road or some old guy handing out sweets (not ice creams like in my avatar lol).

I am afraid to let my children out to play without checking on them constantly and I know this is giving them a hard time but it's how it is now, we live in a pretty screwed up world.

Sure this kind of stuff exists everywhere but not so much as in the western modernized countries. My theory is that when you give someone everything and take down certain restrictions in life you will eventually lead certain people down the wrong path (psycho's, sociopaths, criminals etc).

What worries me is how now very young girls are dressing, mimicking the fashion of older women. My daughter is 6 years old but already she wants to wear what she perceives to be normal and I have had a hard time trying to convince her otherwise (usually resulting in me putting my foot down which results in another brick wall in any relationship).

By the way this is what I was on about earlier:

www.wanttoknow.info...

Conspiracy of Silence. Great documentary, if you can find it, getting harder to watch this.

I have heard that it probably happened more in the past than anyone could even possibly imagine. Because of how connected we are these days it is heard about more. Media, internet, phones, ect.. our world is highly connected there for we hear about these things when they happen. Compared to waayyy the hell back when.. you know in the so called "good ol days" when these crimes could be committed without being caught. When police forces were not connected as well to other police in other areas, We have connected police, FBI, CIA, databases, investigators with ability to link things all together and the means to connect their information to everyone else in law enforcement. Be it from town to town or country to country. We are better equipped to catch these criminals than ever before. Just think of all the murderers through time that went uncaught. The Good ol days were not actually the good ol days, but we just didn't know about it. We were not aware that these things happened because there was no media, no internet, and nothing like we have today. We were blissfully unaware of all that happened around us as if it didn't exist at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reverend58
Luckily, this isn't your site!

Thank you, I mentioned that already.

But let me propose we turn the site into AANATS (Amber Alerts not Above Top Secret).
Every day the headlines are filled with amber alerts... kind of like this one has been for 3 days...

Yeah, I'd visit that site.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Aninonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

You are correct. Lots of kids go missing. Lots of kids die. Lots of people die. Why is any one particular person or particular story important? It is timing. There is a need to broadcast a story at a certain time, and when that time occurs the most opportune event is chosen.

For example.... imagine that you are tasked with writing a story about a missing child next week. Could you whip up a missing child story? Of course you could. There are children missing every day of the year. See?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation
He should be sleep deprived for days until he can be reprogrammed by the CIA so that he takes a razor blade and cuts himself one thousand times to the point of death and then we can give him penecillin and heal him and then come up with a better torture that he can do to himself ad infinitum. I figure he could probably last weeks of that till his mind gave up. In truth I dont wish sufering on anyone but then again my dark side is strong when it comes to people like that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join