It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is a great article from BoulderWeekly that speaks about the killer's Awareness Space.

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

Here is the map of the killer's awareness space Map

It would be wonderful if someone could help me with posting the map. I am not quite sure how to do it.The map plots out the key places related to the abduction and murder.

From Jessica’s neighborhood, both 82nd Avenue going west and McCaslin Boulevard going north fall along natural transportation corridors away from the neighborhood and possible home area of the killer. Both the body and the backpack were found along these transportation corridors, near the edge of these open lands. The body was located along an uninhabited section of 82nd Avenue, just about a half-mile from where that road would have connected to the more heavily traveled (and therefore less desirable) Highway 93. The body’s location was just 5.25 miles, as the crow flies, from Jessica’s point of abduction, which occurred somewhere in a 650-foot stretch of Moore Street between her home and Chelsea Park, where she was supposed to meet a friend before walking to school. The backpack was found four miles from Jessica’s point of abduction, just a block off of McCaslin Boulevard, on the east side of these same open lands. The subdivision where the backpack was found may have offered a more private setting for the killer to throw the pack from a vehicle, or it may have been placed carefully where it was found because child murderers are sick individuals and often seek to mislead or even taunt the law enforcement officers trying to track them down

What matters in this case is that the research of other child abduction murder cases places the highest probabilities on the assumptions that both 82nd Avenue and McCaslin Boulevard are likely transportation corridors used by the killer because they are within his awareness space

If anyone lives around the area, they might keep thier eyes open a little more for suspicious persons or activities along these routes.

Awareness space explains why law enforcement is looking carefully at several other criminal acts that have occurred in and around Jessica’s neighborhood.
For example, there have been at least two attempted assaults in recent years at Ketner Lake Open Space, which is located literally across the street from Jessica’s neighborhood school, Witt Elementary.
In the most recent incident, a 22-year-old woman reported that while jogging on the path that circles the small lake at 1:15 p.m. on May 28, she passed a man who was walking the opposite direction on the trail. When she rounded the loop again, the man had turned around and was walking the same direction that she was running. She told police that when she passed him, he grabbed her and tried to put a chemical-soaked rag over her mouth. She fought free, ran away and called 911.
The victim described the man as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, with brown hair and an average build. He was wearing a blue cap, black T-shirt, jeans and small-rimmed sunglasses.
It is similar to the description of a man who chased and tried to grab another jogger at Ketner Lake in July 2010

It has been theorized that the two unsuccessful attempts to attack grown women in their 20s could give such a failed attacker cause to seek a younger, more defenseless target, such as a 10-year-old child.

Sorry for the large blocks of quoted material, this article was very thorough and had a lot of good info in it. It goes on to describe the atttempted abductions of two children by luring them with candy and compares the descriptions the children gave to the descriptions given by the woman. Both seem very similar. Link

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Thanks for posting this. I had seen it but I didn't have time to read it earlier.

I have been trying to scan Google news everyday for new information but there is so little put out there now. I will keep updating when I see something. I'm glad you are still checking in. I would like to see this to the end if I can, but I didn't want to be in here posting to myself haha.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A new clue has been released by the police.

- Investigators probing the killing of a 10-year-old Colorado girl who was snatched as she walked to school and was later found dismembered said on Friday that a small wooden cross pendant recovered as evidence could be an important clue in the case.

Police in the Denver suburb of Westminster released photos of the distinctive solid-wood cross, which measures 1.5 inches by 1 inch. They did not say where it was found.

Source

They did not say where it was found, so possibly this is something found in the backpack they haven't been wanting to share.

Anyone can leave a cross, but in one of my previous posts I linked to an article that said it was possible her killer was a known member of the public. A pastor or other religious man?

The cross has a hole drilled in the top which means it was a necklace or maybe a rosary? I'm not sure what kind of crosses are on rosaries.

Here is a picture of the cross. There are more at the link.

Also, apparently a man named Ari Liggett was suspected in the beginning of the Jessica Ridgeway case but he was cleared after DNA testing. This means the police do have DNA evidence from either the backpack or the crime scene.

Source

There was also another attempted abduction reported in May of a little boy in the same area as the two adult women.

Source
edit on 20-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

From the comments section in the article you posted:

Sandra • 2 hrs 40 mins ago
The cross was sold in a store and in the kiosks in the Westminster mall before it was demolished 2 years ago, I used to go there way too often and there were crosses like this being sold all over.

They usually had a black cloth rope through them, sometimes a silver or colored bead on either side of the cross for decoration and a cheaply-made clasp in the back. They came in a light oak color, this color and a cherry color..

Folks are ugring her to contact police with this info. Maybe the mall has old video that could help in identification? I dont know what happens with surveillance tapes from places that have been demolished though. Hopefully they have them stored somewhere and not destroyed as well.

~OkieDokie
edit on 20-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh nice find! I should start reading comments to the articles I guess. I wonder if these crosses were made and sold by a local person or if they were mass produced by a company.

ETA

I checked out the Westminster Police's Facebook page where they posted the cross and read through those comments. Ideas are FLYING. Many comments there are pointing out the three slashes on the front of the cross. They look crudely done, as if they weren't there when the cross was purchased. Ideas about the slashes range from the holy trinity to the number of victims.

Here is a close up of three slashes.

On the back of the cross is a zig-zag pattern. No idea what this could mean, but again, it is done in three slashes. Here is the close up.

edit on 20-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The wood it's made from. Is that wormwood?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
The wood it's made from. Is that wormwood?

I can't find anything that says what the cross is made from other than it is solid wood. Here is what the police had to say about it:

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow, talk about conspiracy. I was reading the Westminster Facebook page and noticed someone mentioned the backpack was placed in a brown paper bag. I hadn't heard this before and went searching and found a video of the bag on the sidewalk. Video is below.
The following post is what I have found out about what was said on the youtube page for this video. I think it is probably 99% BS but I wanted to throw it out there for people to consider.

Here is the video about the paper bag.

After watching this video, I read the video's description. You can click the link in the video and go to the youtube page. The description has lead me down a crazy path for the last couple of hours. All of this probably deserves its own thread, but I will post it here for now. If someone thinks it should be moved to a separate thread let me know. I really hope someone reads this and can offer some of their own insight.

So, the description to the video says:

Read *The "Document Dump" Ransom Note* worstgenerationseed.blogspot.com... - Learn more about the LARGE BROWN PAPER BAG

Google "Robert Adolph Enyart ARREST RECORD"

*NEWS ALERT-Oct 7th, Westminster Police found missing Jessica Ridgeway's backpack laying on a sidewalk six miles away in a LARGE BROWN PAPER BAG. The Convicted Child-Abuser from CO, Bob Adolph Enyart has been attacking our family since last year & he has been trying to take our six children away with no success. Last month on Sept 7th we sent Bob a public ransom note warning him to stop and turn himself into the authorities. art of what we wrote..."deliver the proof in a LARGE BROWN PAPER BAG"

So, who is Bob Adolph Enyart?

Here and here are wikis about him. He is a pastor at Denver Bible Church. (ahem...wooden cross found) This church is in Arvada, CO, the same town Jessica's body was found. It is about 18 miles from Jessica's house. As you can see on his wiki, he is pretty out there. He is like Colorado's version of Fred Phelps from Westboro Baptist church. He also hosts a radio show called Bob Enyart Live.

Denver Bible Church Website
Radio Show Website

Here is his arrest record. Two of these records include child abuse charges in 1995 and 1999.

Bob's first wife, Krista Lynn Crisler, died from an apparent suicide after a custody battle for their two sons. Krista supposedly had a restraining order against Bob for abuse against the boys. (I cannot find a valid source for this information other than in comment sections of any website that mentions Bob. Unsure about the truth in this.)

Bob's second wife, Cheryl Mayns, had a son named Stephen from a previous marriage. Bob beat this child as well, and this is one of his child abuse convictions. SUPPOSEDLY, Mayns is missing. Again, I can't find any valid sources for this whole "gone missing" claim.

As I said, this whole wife conspiracy and basically anything that links to worstgenerationseed.blogspot.com... seems fishy. I am really having trouble finding any sources outside of that website in regards to this stuff.

The youtube video description says they posted a "ransom note" to Bob. You can read the note here. It asks that he give his confession to the police in a brown paper bag.

Now, as I said. I think 99% of this is BS. But I am curious if anyone out there knows much about this guy. I also read a little speculation that he has some involvement in the JonBenet Ramsey case. She died in Boulder, CO. Honestly, I didn't want to get wrapped up in that rabbit hole. I am mainly posting about this because I would like every little possibility posted on here about the Jessica Ridgeway case.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
New information today. One source is claiming one thing and the police are claiming another. First, Fox 31 Denver. Source

Fox 31 Denver wrote a report that gave a bunch of new information about the case. To begin, yesterday a person walking about a mile from where Jessica's remains were located found a clump of blonde hair that is believed to belong to Jessica. Police taped off the area and got a couple of bags of evidence.

Back after the backpack was found, police asked the public to stop worrying about what Jessica was wearing when she was last seen and to concentrate on her facial features. Fox 31 says this is because they found all of her clothes, except her socks, in the backpack.

They are also saying DNA they have found in relation to Jessica's killer matches the suspect they are looking for in the case where the woman was almost abducted while jogging at Ketner Lake.

Police have been going door-to-door in Jessica's neighborhood asking people to give a DNA sample.

There were two receipts found in the field where Jessica's body was discovered. Jessica's body was found on a black trash bag and one of the receipts lists black trash bags. The receipts came from King Soopers near W.100th and Wadsworth Blvd. Police have gone through 4 months worth of surveillance videos. None of the employees remember anyone coming in to buy trash bags.

The other source, The Denver Post, has police saying the previous claims are "erroneous and bad information." They do, however, agree someone found a blonde tuft of hair in the field on Sunday but they claim they do not yet know if it belongs to Jessica. They don't address any of the other claims from Fox 31.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I just found a video about another attempted abduction outside of a bar. The white car pulls up to a woman, a passenger jumps out and tries to put a chemical soaked rag over the woman's face, but the woman was able to get away and run back into the bar. It is exactly like what the woman at the park had described had happened to her.

Put that with the info about the killers DNA matching with the case of the woman at the park, it may mean that this is our guy, and he isn't acting alone. Here is the Video:

This is from the video description:

On October 16, at approximately 11:20 p.m., Aurora police responded to the Pitchers bar located at 1670 South Chambers Road on report of an attempted kidnapping. Upon arrival, officers talked to a woman who told them she had just parked her car when a small, white car with two men in it pulled up.

The driver, described as a white, possibly Hispanic, clean-cut male, 22 to 30 years of age, asked the woman for directions. The woman started to give them to him when the passenger of the vehicle got out, approached the woman from behind and attempted to put a towel over her mouth. The victim quickly fought back, knocking the man to the ground. She was able to run inside the bar for help

The second man is described as white, possibly Hispanic, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 22 to 30 years of age, clean shaven, with short hair.

"Aurora Police have no reason to believe that this case is anyway connected to any other incidents and do believe that this is an isolated event," said Sgt. Cassidee Carlson.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster

In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

In both cases, the victims complained of a burning substance on their skin where the towel or rag touched them.

In the video they also suggest that this may be a copycat, but police are being very quite about any leads that they do have , so who knows.

~OkieDokie
edit on 22-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: add video description

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Significant progress I would say. The police must have a license plate number now and should be closing in.
Thanks for posting Okie..

Can you believe there is a team of people running around Colorado doing this ? And I'd give 20 to 1 odds there are more than just these two involved. These two obvious incompetents are more than likely someones minions doing their dirty work for them in providing live human beings. Seemed like to nice of a car for those incompetents working in tandem..

This has definitely made them as nervous as worm on a hook and other people will be distancing themselves from these two if involved. We may even see a couple of male bodies turn up in the near future. Or the car could get buried with these two in it and the real perps are free to start again. This is a very methodical co op if you ask me.

Good for the lady who saved her own life obviously. Knocking the week lil puke on his ass."lol"

God help me for what I would do to anyone who hurt's a child.

No matter what kind of training, I couldn't be a cop for just this reason alone.
edit on 22-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
More attempted child abductions in Colorado.

In Colorado Springs, a 9 year old was approached by a man in a burgundy truck asking for help in finding his puppy. The child left and told his mother.

In Woodland Park, an eight year old boy was approached by a man in a blue Jeep Wrangler. The man had a long beard and asked the boy to get in his vehicle.

Source

The number of these cases is getting ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I keep saying that the abduction phenomenon is completely out of control right now. It's like a trend, where every pedophile/murderer is jumping in his car and hitting the streets, like a big bell has been rung.

Why is ANY kid walking alone right now anywhere?

Everyone wants the right to live life without fear, and to not let current events run their lives, but that philosophy doesn't make sense right now.

We are being hunted like prey--women and children alike--and we have to respond to this for what it is: a witch hunt.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I don't know how important the hair is--even if it is Jessica's.

What does it show or prove? Bodies that are laying out in an exposed field are subject to all kinds of things--like animals, etc.

Unless there is something else of interest where the hair was found, I'm not sure it is compelling evidence.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"The Jessica Ridgeway case has been linked to the attempted abduction of a jogger."

www.koaa.com...

So this sicko couldn't overpower a full grown woman with a chemical so he used it on a child? At least that's the impression I got from them saying her clothing "all but her socks" were discovered in her backpack. I don't believe this child took of her clothes, so it would make sense she was drugged.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Please don't let your kids walk to school alone anymore. It just isn't worth it in this day and age.

And when you have children, you don't let phone calls go--no matter how tired you are.

They could be sick at school, they could have gotten hurt----there are all sorts of reasons you ALWAYS answer your phone when you have kids...... one of which is to say----your child never made it to school.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

I think I almost threw up when I read your comment.

Honestly, how can you be so callous? Do you have a heart beating in there somewhere?

Do you have any idea how many women/children/girls are missing, abducted and murdered each year?

This is somene's child, friend, grandchild.

This is a little girl who was on her way to school and ended up strewn around a field a few days later. No one knows the fear and the torture and the terror this sweet little girl went through before she finally died.

And why do we care, you ask?

Because we're human.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Playto76
"The Jessica Ridgeway case has been linked to the attempted abduction of a jogger."
www.koaa.com...
So this sicko couldn't overpower a full grown woman with a chemical so he used it on a child?

A criminal profiler on the news said exactly the same thing. He was asked what it says about the attacker to go after an adult first then move onto a child. The profiler said most likely the killer turned to easier prey.

He went onto say these crimes are more about opportunity. Anyone perceived as vulnerable could be a target.

After the unsuccessful attack on the woman at the bar and the female jogger I'm thinking these guys are no match for an adult. That's why they need the chemical soaked cloth.

Parents as well as women need to be on alert. Imo these guys could be young possibly teens.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is the latest video with info about the cross

From the video description:

University of Denver Religious Studies Professor Carl Raschke describes the object as a Celtic cross, "which was common during the Middle Ages in Ireland and the British Isles."

"It's a fairly common artifact," he said. "You probably could get them at a metaphysical book store."

Raschke notes that the the cross contains three vertical scratches on one side and a zigzag and several nicks on the other.

Raschke, who also studies cults, wouldn't speculate on the three vertical scratches, but said the zigzag and nicks could be significant.

"The zigzag is a stylized 'S,'" he said. "It's like a lightning bolt. It probably has something to do with somebody who's into magic or wizardry or something like that. It could also be neo-Nazism."

Raschke said the nicks adjacent to the zigzag are even more interesting.

"Those look like somebody is stabbing the cross with a knife and may very well have been doing that because they hate Christians. It could be some kind of ritual way of showing (their) contempt for Christianity."

I thought that last part was interesting. I was wondering if those nicks were just wear, or if they were intentional. Makes sense that it could be stabbing marks.

I saw a video yesterday and decided not to post it because it wasn't directly involved with the investigation, I can't find it now of course. In it, there was a local Denver high school student that had started a program that he was calling Jessica's Angels. He had worked with the school district to help place high school students with the younger kids so they could walk with them to and from school and bus stops.

I think it is a great idea and more schools should look at doing something similar.

It is sad that this horrific event has triggered every predator in town to jump into attack mode. There was also a report that the police have been flooded with calls about attempted abductions that were completely unfounded. They have even gone so far as to hold seminars to teach parents what does and does not constitute an attempted abduction.

I think every parent is on edge out there and I can't say I blame them. Every stranger is a suspect and a possible threat to their child, where only a few weeks ago most strangers seemed completely harmless.

I hope they do track down some of these copycats and prosecute them to the fullest extent. You have to be a very sick individual to think that a murdered child gives you free reign to go out and carry out similar evil deeds with the hopes of getting away with it.

~OkieDokie
edit on 23-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
More attempted child abductions in Colorado.

In Colorado Springs, a 9 year old was approached by a man in a burgundy truck asking for help in finding his puppy. The child left and told his mother.

In Woodland Park, an eight year old boy was approached by a man in a blue Jeep Wrangler. The man had a long beard and asked the boy to get in his vehicle.

Source

The number of these cases is getting ridiculous!
emphasis mine

In light of the fact that LE is probably sweeping the area, it's business as usual for other pervs.

Nothing we're doing is deterring them. The judicial/penal system continually drops the ball so what's it going to take? How do we send a message to parasites/courts that we've had it? Is it going to take angry mobs hunting them down? We've got addresses for some of them so maybe they should live in fear of the public for a change.

In prison these guys want/get protective custody but in society our children have protective custody forced on them. That's complete BS but it's the best we can expect until we loudly demand otherwise. Sorry for the rant.

edit on 10-23-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join