It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is teaching humans to be good people evil?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I understood that Vid actually very well.

The explanation of the "I" within me. Everything i experience, each and every one of my experiences in this world are wrapped and woven like a cocoon around the "I". The inner cocoon are my feelings and thoughts experienced and am aware of. These are being observed directly or indirectly by the "I". Then the outer cocoon is the worlds around me. This chair, the walls of my house, the sky outside. The "I" though experiences of boduy sensors perceives them.

The "I" differs from experiences because we can see no discernable edges or limits to it. The idea of a limit itself is a thought, which is a experience. The "I" is river of pure awarness. The all seeing eye.

Oh im getting to understand this now, its becoming easier.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It is the words that are used that confuse and decieve.
This is Alan Watts (another fantastic speaker) asking:
Who Is It Who Knows There Is No Self?
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

ill listen,
i like good speakers. Oh whoops i had a spurious emission experience

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Alan Watts hes a clever person.

He clarifies something for me that was in the back of my mind. He says we create words and labels so we have as a means to allow us to interact with eachother to describe experiences. Of course no two people observing the a thing are likely to have exactly the same perception and experience with it.

That presents a question then to what are the objects, or things around us we are experiencing.

Lets look at the objects around the body, like tree and sky. What are they really? How could we define them as a collection of assessmbled sub objects. And the sub objects made up of small ones again until we get to atoms.

The iillusion of form created by criss crossing lines of atoms woven togther to form things, objects, material matter.....

Maya, the illusion. Are we evolving as a race or devolving into our own illusion of atoms. Is love a collection of atom? Is it a form...what are we really?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You are formlessness arising as form.
The ocean sees the waves that it forms and thinks the waves are not the ocean.
When the ocean realizes the waves are the ocean then oneness is known.
Oneness is never not the case but the 'thinking' and wording leads one astray.
youtu.be...
edit on 15-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You are formlessness arising as form.
The ocean sees the waves that it forms and thinks the waves are not the ocean.
When the ocean realizes the waves are the ocean then oneness is known.
Oneness is never not the case but the 'thinking' and wording leads one astray.

If this is the case, and a person is fully understanding of this, how is it then that they would
bother with limits of the mind?
Why have morality?

I know the mind imagines the limits, but thats the mind who doesnt understand all tof his. The mind which lets say is enlighthened about the This , the "I" and the Form then why does it still set any limits for in the mind at all?

ill watch vid

edit on 15-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The mind is time based.
The mind thinks there is another time and it thinks it will die in time.

When the truth is known it is realized that there will never be an end because there was no beginning.
Enlightenment is the knowing that 'this' will always be. Timeless being.

Good and bad do not come into it because good and bad are concepts based of whether i will be punished or rewarded when i die.
What happens happens. It just is (without words there is no judgement) and it is divine, it is the perfect expression of oneness as is.
What ever words and labels you give to yourself you are still the perfect expression of oneness.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That vid is describing that energy is patterning into shape forms which are made out of nothing. This presents a challenge for the brave navigator into the whole. That when self and other combine and reform the whole, what was the self then becomes nothing. Then the whole being is the whole has no waves on the sea of awarness to experience or see, so the whole means absense of any awarness at all, or alternatively a form of awareness that cant be described in any remote sense until we experience the whole in death.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

What happens happens. It just is (without words there is no judgement) and it is divine, it is the perfect expression of oneness as is.

Where does motivation fit into this? How can things just happen happen with out it?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

That vid is describing that energy is patterning into shape forms which are made out of nothing.editby]edit on 15-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The ocean is the nothingness and the waves are the form. That's it. That is all there is.

Just you (ocean) waving. You see the form (waves) and you think there is something more than just you.
There isn't. You are the nothing appearing as something.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The ocean is the nothingness and the waves are the form. That's it. That is all there is.

Just you (ocean) waving. You see the form (waves) and you think there is something more than just you.

i guess i really was wondering what does the ocean nothing experience when the wave forms are no longer. What does the ocean feel?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Where does motivation fit into this? How can things just happen happen with out it?

The mind always wants to know why.
The mind is searching for what is right here.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The mind always wants to know why.
The mind is searching for what is right here.

Whats here is the Now, the this. It always leads back to the Now and This. I feel like im a TV screen just projecting an image on reality. And i thought i was real, and i turned out to be a flickering image on the screen of nothing. Oh saddness ,,.,...

Actually im a Shaman God..!. i have no saddness just experience

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

i guess i really was wondering what does the ocean nothing experience when the wave forms are no longer. What does the ocean feel?

In the experience of deep sleep there is nothing - no things seen, no things appearing, this is pure awareness. The experience of deep sleep is an experience we all love although we can't remember it because there was nothing there to remember. It is resting as peace.
The nothingness is all in deep sleep and then the light comes on and there is somethingness.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

In the experience of deep sleep there is nothing - no things seen, no things appearing, this is pure awareness. The experience of deep sleep is an experience we all love although we can't remember it because there was nothing there to remember. It is resting as peace.
The nothingness is all in deep sleep and then the light comes on and there is somethingness.

Do you view death as a deep sleep. Is it the same thing? and is that forever?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Nothing cannot die because nothing was never born.
Deep sleep seems like an off but the nothing does not go. Nothing is eternal. The something appears and disappears continuously.
Nothing is the background to all experience and you are the nothing (know-thing) that experiences apparent things.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Nothing cannot die because nothing was never born.
Deep sleep seems like an off but the nothing does not go. Nothing is eternal. The something appears and disappears continuously.
Nothing is the background to all experience and you are the nothing (know-thing) that experiences things.

When a person dies and become nothing, what does nothing experience?.....why do i think you will answer This

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nothing experiences nothing.
This moment is not a thing. It cannot be named - things are named. However, what 'this' is cannot be named. However, it is named by a name - something that thinks it is a part can only see parts - this is a imagined person.

A person (believed in separate entity) has to die before nothing in it's true right can be known to be the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nothing experiences nothing.
This moment is not a thing. It cannot be named - things are named. However, what 'this' is cannot be named. However, it is named by a name - something that thinks it is a part can only see parts - this is a imagined person.

A person has to die before nothing in it's true right can be known to be the truth.

It appears to me the mind of a human really is a feeble instrument for interacting with reality. Since it can only think, and use its thinking to label. Im practicing the This always now. Im beginning to feel formless, like i have no identity. Its weird you know what it feels like, like a river bank withdrawing and revealing nothing. What will happen if i keep practicing the This?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

So you are adamant nothing is evil. Ok let me take it to the next level with a hypothetical scenario.

A scenario where woman comes home finds her husband in bed with other woman. Lets say just say for devlish fun its her sister. Lets also say they have been happliy married for 20 years. She finds out afterwards as he confesses through guilt hes been doing this for last 10 years. Now step into the shoes of this poor lady who confronts this scene and uncovers the sin. Is this not evil?

If it were me, I would not like it. I imagine that any wife in this situation would not like it.
But that does not make it "evil".
You seem to be mixing together "what I do not like" or "those things I feel repulsion to"
with "things that are evil".

I do not ever say I like or prefer all things, or that I do not object to, fight, oppose, or dislike some things,
only that I own up to my repulsion or objection as being MY own, not "Gods" not justified by some higher being, not a static judgment that I can expect all others to acknowledge. I dislike something, I fight it, I accept full responsibility for my actions and judgement.

This seems to be a misunderstanding I have observed in some people who hear me say I do not believe in evil- they misunderstand that to mean that I accept and embrace all things! No, I am an individual, who is attracted to some things, repulsed by others.... things I prefer and things I don't.

For example, I do not believe in the possibility for murderers to claim insanity to avoid being put to death or being in a prison for life.

It doesn't matter if they are insane or not. It doesn't matter if they were tortured as children and that made them do this. I love them, and do not believe they are evil.
YET
If they are a danger to our society they need to be put to death or kept in a prison to protect others- period.

There is no reason to make effort to stir up emotion and hatred to do that. There is no reason to weigh the persons soul and judge whether they are inherently good or evil. Simple logic and critical thinking is all that is needed. Then you say goodbye and pull the switch. If there is a God, he will judge you for that choice. Just try to do the best you can, and accept responsibility.

edit on 15-10-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join