It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart Debate Tonight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It was uploaded to youtube 1 hour ago and Im watching it now. Here you go. Please log into youtube and give the guy a thumbs up for uploading it as well.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

What the hell??????

I tell people that paid for it where they can watch it and it gets removed.
Ok.

The post under mind just posts it for free for everyone.
It was stolen to put on Youtube. Ask Viacom. Watching it on youtube is stealing and Viacom will have a problem with people stealing it, uploading to youtube for free, and you showing people where to find that stolen footage for free.

What planet is that ATS administration from?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

Stolen? You mean recorded? Yeah people have that technology today....

So Im helping people "find" it? You seriously think people here wont find it on youtube without my link? The first thing all readers of this thread will do is to search youtube for it.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I just saw this. I think both made good points and i strongly disagree on some points with each of them. If was funny, and entertaining. well worth downloading and keeping.

Bill is for the electoral college system and john is for a personal vote system where each persons vote counts. Bills reasoning is that the larger states with more population will carry the election.

This is the stupidest thing I heard Bill say. John should have taken Bill to the cleaners on this point but John was silent. Bill doesn't understand that it doesn't matter if there are more people in certain states or not because the states themselves dont vote. The people as a whole would be voting. It matters not that more people happen to be in some states. The choice doesn't benefit the states more than other states no matter who wins.

For those who haven't seen it, look up The Rumble 2012 from your favorite torrent site.

Once upon a time it mattered a lot, but in today's world it doesn't. Back before the Civil War, we were independent states and the elections very much favored one state over another on various levels as far as what was legal and wasn't (slavery for example, not a great one, but the quickest and easiest). When we became a Nation as opposed to a conglomeration of states, it didn't matter as much.

Now, in today's world, with the diversity we have and the communication level we have, individual votes would make much more sense and it's now "less equal" instead of "more equal" for individual states to have the power they do. Perhaps...

I guess at some point in the future, it may matter again, but in our own lifetimes, it has proven to be a hinderance. Bush lost the popular vote but ended up with the presidency due to the lopsided system. That was a MAJOR problem. It wasn't something that happened often. At the previous occurances, I don't know if the best candidate got the office or not, but it certainly wasn't the case this past time.

I can see other reasons that it would be usefull though, just like 200+ years ago, more and more of the population are less "intelligent" due to either a lack of education or a poor excuse for one or even the blatant choice to be "stupid". As that population grows, we're not going to want "the ignorant masses" making decisions about what we do and the elected representatives of their states, with certain requirements concerning their ability and education, can make better, more productive (and humane) decisions than the masses at large.

It's a constant tug of war I suppose. If the population is educated and intelligent, the popular vote method is the best, but that's not always the case and the scales are starting to tip the other way. If there was only a way to address the corruption and the "dumbing down" of the elected officials, we'd have a good safeguard, but at the moment, a lot of the elected officials are just as dumb as the people who elect them

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
OK, I didn't realize O'Reilly was that tall. I always saw him sitting down.
Dang, that man's a gigantor!
I always thought he was kind of short and fat just sitting there in his chair.... guess that's more of the Limbaugh type...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
For the record, Stewert and Colbert have rooms full of comedy writers bouncing idea's off of each other.
Oreilly has a news room full of news writers and ad libs half of his opinions. So does Letterman,Leno

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hilarious how O'Reilly tried to keep the subject off Bush

He didn't get Stewart's point at all, that even though Bush is gone, his disastrous policies are STILL favored by the GOP. Their ways haven't changed, they didn't learn from Bush's mistakes. They're trying to sell the same crap under a different name.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
In before the trash talk of FOX NEWS!

Jon Stewart is just a mouthpiece for the liberals just like Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba is. So the only thing they'll do to run circles is makes lots of straw men, try to put words in his mouth, try to redefine things he says, and otherwise obfuscate any way he can to make O'Reily and the republicans look bad.

That is his job, after all.

Stewart is not an impartial comedian commentator.

And that bigot Bill O'Reilly DAMN sure isn't impartial. He's a mouthpiece for people that would LOVE to restore America to the Jim Crow era. Now those were the days!! I'm so sick of this ''conservative'' and ''liberal'' crap, as noone is either 100%. Divide and conquer in full effect.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Hilarious how O'Reilly tried to keep the subject off Bush

He didn't get Stewart's point at all, that even though Bush is gone, his disastrous policies are STILL favored by the GOP. Their ways haven't changed, they didn't learn from Bush's mistakes. They're trying to sell the same crap under a different name.

Yeah... and they blamed everything from Bush's administration on Clinton for 8 years. Turnabout is fair play!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Stewart is just a liberal mouthpiece is all he is.

He doesn't bash liberal politicians, he pokes fun at them. He bashes conservative politicians.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Because poking fun at conservatives does not work. They do not have a sense of humor...at least not when it comes to politics...they (for the most part from what I have observed in various settings and scenarios) do take themselves WAY TOO seriously.

Comedians are a crucial part of our social structure...they are still our court jesters...they bring our attention to matters, often touchy or volatile or just plain easier to avoid than face...in a way that allows us to see both absurdity and wisdom. With politics these days, it seems like something we are in DIRE need of...and so I see that as Jon's mission...and Colbert...and Maher...et al. Stewart and Colbert are even unafraid to poke fun at themselves.

What I find so ludicrous of late is the idea that being 'liberal' in America is some sort of sacri-political disease or crime...like it is shameful to be LIBERAL in a country that wants to tout itself as the LAND of the FREE. If you can't be liberal in a so-called free country, then where can you be liberal?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Actually, I just can't agree. poking fun or bashing politicians just doesn't work at all, especially if they're too invested in their interests.

And as far as liberal goes, it all depends on what you mean by it. different cultures and countries have different meanings on what a liberal is.

Edit:

And while there is a lot of hostility towards liberals, it's because often far too many of them are the ones who are intolerant of other people's opinions and always call everybody else a bigot and tells them to shut up and stop expressing their opinion.

Edit:

And I am talking about liberals here in America. I don't know how it is in other countries or cultures.

edit on 7-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

And while there is a lot of hostility towards liberals, it's because often far too many of them are the ones who are intolerant of other people's opinions and always call everybody else a bigot and tells them to shut up and stop expressing their opinion.
I see it Differently.
Liberals have more of a "Live and Let Live" Mantra
Repubs have more of a "My Way or the Highway" Mantra, as Shown by Romney's 47% slip.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I don't agree. They both have the "my way or the highway mentality".

But we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

This thread is not about criticizing liberals or conservatives.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You think the electoral collage is stupid? You don't see the logic in what bill said? Think of it this way, if the usa was just one street with 11 houses and each house has 1 person living in it and casting 1 vote except the last house has 30 people living in it with 30 votes. Think about that. Which house are the politicians going to goto for votes? Are they going to care about the rest of the streets 10 votes? Or will they goto house 11 and promise them everything to get even just 10 of their 30 votes?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Bill O'Reilly, a major influence of right wing America and Jon Stewart representing the left, are debating tonight live online. Unlike the presidential debates, this wont be a debate of attacks, but a debate about the issues, views from both sides of the coin. And Beleive me, both O'Reilly and Stweart are much smarter then Obama and Romney, so this will be worth a watch. It cost 5 dollars to watch, but the proceeds go to charity. Who knows, maybe tonight we will figure out whos ideas are better for the nation, Republicans or Democrats. Either way, I cant wait to see Bill O'Reilly get whooped.

Jon Stewarts Debate Prep

TheRumble2012

edit on 6-10-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

Did you see the debate between Pres Obama And Mr Romeny as a debate of attacks ? Hardly, thats why most people felt the debates were boring. I started to fall asleep during it. A little drama would have been nice but really this debate was the pits as far as being informing or entertaining. My cats debating my birds would be more interesting and niether of them can even talk. !

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Its a pay per view debate? I hope they werent hoping to make the rent with the fees.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I believe half the money made off this debate goes to charity.

www.therumble2012.com/f/faq

Is this for a good cause?
One-half of the net profits from "The Rumble 2012" will be donated by Jon and Bill to benefit charitable causes such as: New York Collaborates for Autism, Wounded Warrior Project, Fisher House Foundation, Alzheimer's Association, Boomer Esiason Foundation, Doctors Without Borders, Tuesday's Children, Portrait Project, NYC Coalition for the Homeless, Project A.L.S., Bob Woodruff Foundation, Haitian Health Foundation, The USO, Responsibility, Childcare, Best Friends Foundation and FealGood Foundation.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
bill o riley is an evil person just like dragonrain.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join