It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart Debate Tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
awe snap!

is it 8:55 ET now? I just purchased the debate but nothing is showing up on the screen. Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
watching one or two in the past month or so would certainly have more creedance than watching part of one several years ago...

Kerry/Bush was back in 2004, so it's been almost a decade. There's no show on earth that's still running that hasn't changed over a decade...

Common sense alone dictates that, not need to be an "expert"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Even if you didn't catch any of it live (and it is indeed over, just now), you supposedly should be able to stream it 3 times on demand for 'a [n unspecified] limited time' afterward and also it will be available for you to download as a video or mp3.

It sounds like I work there...(
but presently I do not work anywhere)...I just have a photographic memory and that's the info I got after ordering.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If folks can download it, we know it'll be up on hundreds of servers within the hour

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Spoiler Alert

Bill admitted that....wait for it...we should NOT have gone to Iraq.

If you were looking for some fireworks or even, at the least, some spittle flying between the two...forgettaboutit.

They pretty much agreed on most of it except answering the question of who they would save if the "U.S. was on fire" (these were the town-hall type questions)...Bill said Oprah...then Jon looks at him with that smug look he gets...and says...MY FAMILY.

I did learn something surprising, however...Bill O'Reilly is not a droid but is very possibly an actual human person.

Yes. I'm serious.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well, I don't think the downloads will be available tonight...it just said 'soon' from what I recall. As well as that they nicely ask that we don't 'share.'

I imagine it will be available on the comedy central site eventually and maybe even iTunes.

I'm telling you, though...it just wasn't EXCITING.
I never get tired of seeing or hearing Stewart but I just thought it was going to be a RUMBLE...because I trust Jon!
He called it a rumble! And the auditorium didn't look like it needed any air-conditioning, either...it's like 59 F in DC right now...

I dunno...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz - why do Jews change their names?

O'Reilly is an idiot but can't respect a guy who won't stand up for his ancestry.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Did you see the 'update' posted at the end of the article?

UPDATE: Fox News hit out at the school responsible for the study on Thursday. A spokesperson for the network told The Hollywood Reporter, "Considering FDU’s undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country, we suggest the school invest in improving its weak academic program instead of spending money on frivolous polling – their student body does not deserve to be so ill-informed."

Sour grapes!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
its on kat.ph and piratebay if you support the pirate party at least

was pretty funny, much Jon Stewart is a hell of a quick wit.

I like his other debate with Bill when he was on discussing the rapper that supposedly supported a cop killer who visited the white house. Jon "pwned" Bill bringing up other musicians that supported accused murderers from Lennon to Bob Dylan

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Dude, Bush was a fighter pilot with an Ivy league education.

People call him stupid because he doesn't do what they want him or expect him to do.

He is not stupid by any means.

He may be a big arse but he is not stupid.

And you can't be stupid by pulling a big joke over millions upon million of people.

No people call him stupid because he was usually drunk or coked out most of the time. He was such a coke addict that he married his dealer. Little Mrs Bush was known as the go to girl whenever you wanted a dime bag.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
O Reilley is not even close to being a "Republican"

The dude believes in gun control and he believes big oil should be controlled.

Just goes to show those who deride him never listen to him.

He was also against the birther movement.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Yes! I liked that, too.
It was Leonard Peltier, specifically, that stopped Bill and made him think a bit, I suspect. He tried to act like he wasn't thinking but you could tell that Jon stuck something in his craw he had not chewed on before.

The point that Jon brought up about the White House invite was exactly what I was thinking right before he said it out loud...about some crazy innuendo Bill's making that in order to justify inviting anyone to the White House (and remember, this was a poetry slam for pete's sake! LOL) they must be 'squeaky clean'...as if!
...the occupant(s) are rarely if ever squeaky clean!

But mainly I was thinking the same thing...for the President to invite someone to the WH, it doesn't require agreeing with EVERYTHING the invited individual has already ever said and/or done...how could that even be possible? And for Bill to suggest it was not only possible, but customary? Geez. Get real, Bill!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.

This is all part of Presidential derangement Syndrome.

Sometimes I really wish I was a psychiatrist. I'd be noted for identifying a new mental illness in people.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Andcoulter

No it's not.

Prove to me the show has changed.

It hasn't.

Um...the show started out as a Clinton bashfest.
Most recently Stewart ripped Reid several new assholes for accusing Romney of not paying taxes with no source. He regularly rips Obama up pretty good on a pretty regular basis.

You have no idea about any of this because you admit, you have no actual information to base your OPINION ON.

The show has changed a ton with each new election.

You can bash me all you want but you're the fool.

Stop calling people ignorant just because you disagree with them.

I am calling you ignorant for lacking information.
Now I am calling you ignorant for your lack of understanding the word ignorant.
Now I have spent more time with you than you say you spent watching the Daily Show so now my opinion of you is every bit as valid as yours is of Stewart and TDS.

So tell me my opinion of you is not valid while your opinion of something you almost watched 10 years ago is spot on. Then explain how the hell you figure that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He was also against the birther movement.

O'reilly not even close to being a Republican? Why does he say so many Republican things? Same things Neo says in fact. Weird. I am pretty sure you do not have to be a birther to be a Republican. None of the Republicans running for office right now are birthers. NONE.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

With all the airtime spent to promote it, you would think they would be ready to stream the debate out to millions of people. It was unavailable to almost everyone for the first 40 minutes. Just have to wait until they upload the link for download.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

Evolution does exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I just saw this. I think both made good points and i strongly disagree on some points with each of them. If was funny, and entertaining. well worth downloading and keeping.

Bill is for the electoral college system and john is for a personal vote system where each persons vote counts. Bills reasoning is that the larger states with more population will carry the election.

This is the stupidest thing I heard Bill say. John should have taken Bill to the cleaners on this point but John was silent. Bill doesn't understand that it doesn't matter if there are more people in certain states or not because the states themselves dont vote. The people as a whole would be voting. It matters not that more people happen to be in some states. The choice doesn't benefit the states more than other states no matter who wins.

For those who haven't seen it, look up The Rumble 2012 from your favorite torrent site.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
im so sorry, i got to the part where you said oriley is intelligent and simply
could not help but laugh, he is a petty, foolish, childish man....... any one
who has ever seen him get verbally kicked around knows exactly what
type of intelligence bill there has.....

he cuts mics when he doesnt want people to speak facts that dont agree
with the BS he spouts..... he screams at people and flat out lies when
he is made to look like the fool he is..... god the fact that he has managed
to fool people into actually even using the word intelligent and his name
in the same sentence sickens me.....

john stewart however is the man, not only intelligent but in a great comedic
way most of the time, lol the chaos on bull# mountain piece was legendary!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join