It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart Debate Tonight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly is a psychotic.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Because poking fun at conservatives does not work. They do not have a sense of humor...at least not when it comes to politics...they (for the most part from what I have observed in various settings and scenarios) do take themselves WAY TOO seriously.

Comedians are a crucial part of our social structure...they are still our court jesters...they bring our attention to matters, often touchy or volatile or just plain easier to avoid than face...in a way that allows us to see both absurdity and wisdom. With politics these days, it seems like something we are in DIRE need of...and so I see that as Jon's mission...and Colbert...and Maher...et al. Stewart and Colbert are even unafraid to poke fun at themselves.

What I find so ludicrous of late is the idea that being 'liberal' in America is some sort of sacri-political disease or crime...like it is shameful to be LIBERAL in a country that wants to tout itself as the LAND of the FREE. If you can't be liberal in a so-called free country, then where can you be liberal?

What is freeing about the Liberal agenda? When you place restrictions on people and businesses, when you demand the authority to imprison citizens without charge for as long as you deem fit, how is that Freedom? You drank too much Kool-Aid.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

And while there is a lot of hostility towards liberals, it's because often far too many of them are the ones who are intolerant of other people's opinions and always call everybody else a bigot and tells them to shut up and stop expressing their opinion.
I see it Differently.
Liberals have more of a "Live and Let Live" Mantra
Repubs have more of a "My Way or the Highway" Mantra, as Shown by Romney's 47% slip.

Growing up as a centrist in a heavy blue state, Liberals do not have a live and let live mantra. They have a I am right, and if you do not agree with me you're not only wrong but a terrible human being. There is a heavy stink of moral superiority on most Liberals, as well as superiority to southerners in general.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Liberals do not have a live and let live mantra.

The same can be said for conservatives. Ask a gay couple who wants to marry and be left alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join