It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by Moshpet

I will look into this more tomorrow. Dail Up ya know :-/ Daughter purchased us high speed for her college but I don't want to use her gigs :-/ Still though - somthing very wrong - sorry if we don't agree

Oh I agree that the whole mess is very wrong, and it goes on to show just how little the big oil / gas people don't care until it bites them in the arse.

If you have an afternoon, and a laptop that does wireless you could visit a library or burger joint that has free wifi and use their wifi while you looked it all up.

M.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Afternoon everyone,

Well today has been mostly quiet, until about 17:00 UTC

La12

Where as you can see we started to get the signals that might indicate things moving in the sinkhole.

When you start looking at the helicorders and are trying to make sense from them, the first rule is to compare the times you think something happened, to another (several) sensor in the region.

La11

If you pop them out in separate windows it will help you to compare the two helicorder graphs.

Looking at both, you can quickly rule out anything that isn't important, if it shows on one, but not on the others, it wasn't worth paying attention to. If a similar signal is at the same time, or with in 15-30 seconds of it on another graph, less in the Bayou Corne area; you might have something to consider. Once you suspect something has happened, the next trick is to look further away. In the above at 19:40 on wards we likely have a signal that may indicate movement.
As it is visible in more than one graph, and only with a slight difference in start times.

So now we jot down the time and look on the USGS map for any events that may have happened in the past 30-20 minutes. We do this because the Earth transmits or echoes the quakes outward from point of origin, and the larger the quake adds in it's own headaches to the signals interpreted; as the echoes reflect off the core and the mantle too.

USGS
Looking at the list of quakes, the Russian Quake Quake

Might have enough of a thump to it to be registered at LA 12, the travel time for the signal is a bit long though. So its maybe a bit of a coin toss as to if that is what is showing on LA 12.

There was also a quake of 2.7 in the British Islands, that happened nearly at the same time of our mystery signals.
Quake

Which might account for some of the signal, but the distance traveled and the strength of it, might not be enough to make a good signal. Also given that the signal in LA12 that we are looking at does not have typical small sharp attack and fade of a earthquake the signal there isn't likely from the British Islands quake.

Then we have to consider in the time of day, we know that there are berm building, and testing the area; traffic, etc will also show up on the sensors too. The time of day suggests that it could be cultural noise.

Then there is weather.
Weather

Wind moves the trees, and that creates a vibration signal too.

Current Wind: from the Northwest at 16.1 gusting to 21.9 MPH (14 gusting to 19 KT)

Most of the time, wind/weather noise looks like static on the helicorder plots.
Rain is really noisy and thunder will peg the signals if lightning strikes near a sensor too.

One last telling bit, is to look at the length of the signals an if there are signals that look similar and share the length.

Looking at the graphs of 12 & 11, I see events of similar duration that have happened today as well.

Since the signals are pretty much even and 3 minutes long when they happened, its a safe bet that it was man made.

EG More testing.

It seems like a lot of work, but it takes much longer to write it all down & put links to it than it really takes to sort out an important signal from one that isn't. The key is to practice.

Fortunately there are no huge herds of bison, like the ones in Yellowstone; which -really- can confuse things.

M.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Moshpet because: Readability.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've been at work thinking, what if this disaster plus the BP oil spill is part of a plot for depopulation. Depopulation by destroying the ecosystem instead of straight up kill off. Louisiana is an extremely rich environment that if the SHTF Louisiana can self sustain itself on its food sources. The oil spill has destroyed and is destroying the gulf seafood while this sinkhole can contaminate a great area of land.

Right now, I can go in my backyard and catch my own food for a nice diner and never break a sweat. But if the land is contaminated that will not be possible. I can give you an entire list of food sources that we have that this sinkhole threatens.

Idk, this is just a thought. Anyone wants to weigh in?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

A few years ago, I would have said hell no on your theory, but with the way things are now I say it is possible. Good way to make people dependent on artificial food.

2 cents

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I would say that there is always a higher science. If we assume that we live at the end of times like the prophets predicted would be around the year 2000, then we can assume that this earth has massive black karma and must be transformed. So if the soil under that sinkhole in LA has huge karma it would be swallowed up and transformed by the end of times.

And if what the prophets said is true, good people and bad people will be separated by letting them show their true actions under pressure(ie disasters, threat of dieing etc). Those who do good deeds and are good people should make it through the troubles at the end of times. And of course there has been made an escape way called Falun Dafa which holds all the secrets that we were not allowed to know before.

There was an American guy who practices Falun Dafa Qi Gong who wrote down what he saw during meditation two years ago. I find it very appropriate since what he predicted two years ago is becoming more and more true. The sinkholes and landslides are surely increasing as we speak. Tsunamis, quakes etc are also on the rise.

Anyway, here is the story from 2011:
The Huge Catastrophe Seen in Meditation

Quotes from his visions:

1. The ground cracking: the ground sinks to form huge holes; buildings and people fall into the holes. This has happened in many countries and it has been reported in the news. But the current scale is only at the initial stage.

"6. Horrible pestilence: human beings, animals and plants will all be under this huge catastrophe. Wherever the pestilence goes, buildings will collapse. Streets, bridges, flowers and trees, as long as their karma is big, will be swallowed by a type of power and turned into sandy soil. "

I expect more and more sinkholes. In January there was a big building in Guangzhou city that disappeared into a sinkhole. I guess soon we will hear many more stories like that. Mankind is overdue and urgently needs to realize why they are living here and how they can find their true selves by becoming good people. The whole thing about the endtimes is to rationally realize, under the enormous pressure of this noise and illusion in the modern society, how one should behave as a good human being to create the best future for oneself and one´s family etc.

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered from me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is way off topic, however.

I don't believe there is agency or group specifically trying to kill 90% of the people on the planet.
I'm fairly sure of this due to several reasons.

1- Anyone trying to kill 90% of the planet's human population, would be placing themselves at risk of dying too. Call it self interest on their part, but those folks they'd likely kill off keep things running, and the various virus vaults sealed and the nuclear plants running. Not to mention the farmers, and veterinarians and the like. Basically what would be the point of killing that many people, if you ended up dead in the collateral damage caused by it?

2- Then suppose you manage kill 90% of the population, and hid in your bunker planning to come out to rule your 'envisioned' kingdom. The surviving population isn't likely to want to have a mass murderer as a king, then there is those pesky viri that developed while you were hiding in your bunker. You would have no immunity, and likely could end up sick and dead due to it. Then there is the whole, how do you convince all those rugged survivors that you are fit to lead them? Violence? Empty political offerings? Sounds like another way to get killed. Then of course there is the groups of survivors who will start to ask questions and wonder just how it is you managed to survive to mass culling. Which likely would lead to a bullet/arrow/noose type ending for you.

3- All those people in the bunker with you.... By what ever promises you made, you now have to contend with that abruptly disillusioned mass of people as well. "Where is our bright future?" "I'm not your serf!" "What I'm sick again and no medications?"

4- I can't for certainty say there isn't some nut job (or very small group) in a bio lab somewhere with a doomsday virus, who thinks the planet would be better off mostly empty of humans. But the odds are against them surviving the after effects of unleashing it, are slim. So what would be the point of it?

While there are some psychotic people who would like to watch the world burn, most if not all people have a vested interest in being comfortable, having easy to access food, water, shelter and the like. Also while there are some weird folks who thinks the middle ages were great, romantic and would like to be lord king over a fief... the life span of feudal people was not that great.

As to the end of times garbage with all it's religious claptrap to inspire fear and guilt to feed the pockets of the religious leaders, and give them power.... Let us just say I consider it a load of bullocks, and that I do not subscribe to any religion that uses fear to subjugate the masses.

Can a lot of people die, can societies collapse. Yes, it's happened before, it can happen again.

As to if the BP or Bayou Corne or Fukushima incidents being a part of a wider plot to reduce humanity; again unlikely.

Never subscribe any event or disaster to deliberate hostile action, that can likely be attributed to stupidity, greed, or incompetence, and or just plain bad luck. (Paraphrased.)

Back to topic.

A quick glance to the recorders shows a good chance of there having been a fluid movement in the wee hours.

I'm gonna be lazy and let you look it up

M.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

GOD works in mysterious ways and uses believers and unbelievers alike to fulfill his will. I don't pretend to understand how or why but i know it will be done. This has been going on down there long enough for people to know things are headed in a direction that effects the way of life of of an ever growing number of people and creatures. His signs will not last forever and at some point the book of life will be opened.

Water vs salt and the winner is....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
I've been at work thinking, what if this disaster plus the BP oil spill is part of a plot for depopulation. Depopulation by destroying the ecosystem instead of straight up kill off. Louisiana is an extremely rich environment that if the SHTF Louisiana can self sustain itself on its food sources. The oil spill has destroyed and is destroying the gulf seafood while this sinkhole can contaminate a great area of land.

Right now, I can go in my backyard and catch my own food for a nice diner and never break a sweat. But if the land is contaminated that will not be possible. I can give you an entire list of food sources that we have that this sinkhole threatens.

One of the replies above gives many good reasons why there could not, logically, be such a conspiracy. However, I am afraid that I have seen too many things done by people in power that defy logic.

There are some people with money and power who believe that a total population of 500 million is the perfect and sustainable number that the earth can support with renewable resources. Look at the translations on the Georgia Guidestones for an example.

With proper planning of who dies, without damaging the infrastructure, and who lives with the necessary skills to maintain a modern society, it just might be possible to pull it off. If there is even the slightest possibility that it could, by some extreme stretch of the imagination, be a viable plan, then there are people who are willing to try it. They would believe that THEY, AND THEY ALONE, would be smart enough to do it.

Don't believe that last paragraph; just look at the liberals in the United States Congress. They believe that a government that has failed at every major program it has instituted, can make socialized medicine (ObamaCare) work in spite of the fact that no other government has made it work better than insurance and medical care in a free economic climate.

Then you have things like the massive seed banks and the mega underground structure built under the new Denver airport. Then add in the FEMA camps and all the preparation for something on the order of Marshal Law by several of the government agencies and a picture starts to form in the minds eye. A jigsaw puzzle picture if you will, with some pieces missing.

So, do I believe in such a conspiracy; absolutely. It could be TPTB planning a disaster, preparing to take advantage of a natural disaster or a combination of both. But either way it looks like some deep weeds in our future.

Back on topic, how do the sinkhole, B P disaster, Fukushima, methane hydrate deposits on the ocean floor, massive bird and fish die offs and any or all of a myriad of other things happening around the world figure in the aforementioned jigsaw puzzle??? That is the 64 million dollar question!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

how do the sinkhole, B P disaster, Fukushima, methane hydrate deposits on the ocean floor, massive bird and fish die offs and any or all of a myriad of other things happening around the world figure in the aforementioned jigsaw puzzle??? That is the 64 million dollar question!!!

in one word --> algae

and please, don't take my word for it, google it.
or, start here with these guys (yes, that DOW group again) ... or ... from an industry source

hmmm, GOM and delta region as algae farm ??
doesn't sound quite so far-fetched now, does it ?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by happykat39

how do the sinkhole, B P disaster, Fukushima, methane hydrate deposits on the ocean floor, massive bird and fish die offs and any or all of a myriad of other things happening around the world figure in the aforementioned jigsaw puzzle??? That is the 64 million dollar question!!!

in one word --> algae

and please, don't take my word for it, google it.
or, start here with these guys (yes, that DOW group again) ... or ... from an industry source

hmmm, GOM and delta region as algae farm ??
doesn't sound quite so far-fetched now, does it ?

That is a scenario I haven't seen yet, but it does make a sort of sick sense considering the ethical and moral values of many of our government and business leaders.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of seismic activity around the sinkhole this today that doesn't look like man made activity.

Check out the 3/26/2013 charts for LA11, LA12 and LA14.

There are two charts for each day. One covers the AM hours and the other the PM hours.
edit on 26-3-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

I am new here but have been following this thread long before I became a member. I have a cousin who lives in northern LA and talked to him over the weekend. I asked him if he had heard anything about this and he said no, not at all. I filled him in on the situation and gave him the website but he is more of a gamer than anything so I doubt if he starts following it until it becomes something threateing. He is only about 2 hours north of there so...just goes to show how little coverage there has been until now. I have known about it since the thread started and became a member after that. Gotta love the MSM...not.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undertheraydar

It has been in all forms media down here in SE LA including NOLA. So locally it's is gaining ground, but more on the national stage, it is in its infancy. It probably won't make a big burp in the media until there is a death toll
edit on 26-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undertheraydar

Welcome aboard, glad you joined in. Your cousin is a gamer so chances are he isn't much of a news junkie. I think the day that they mentioned the sinkhole on front page MSN was the day it probably got the most exposure but the article was lacking depth so people really couldn't grasp the complete scenario.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Honor I think you are the closest. IMO the source of this sinkhole is COREXIT. This is the dispersant that they used in the Gulf during the BP oil spill. We have to ask why now, why is this sinkhole forming now. It has been 2 years since the oil spill yet things are still happening in that area. The issue is not solved. This salt dome had a weak spot and this weak spot IMO could have stayed weak but not collapsed but something caused it to start changing.

There is no defense against leaking methane. No residential building is secure enough to keep the methane from penetrating homes and offices. Methane has been proven to enter structures through foundational cracks or through sewer traps if the house or office is built on or near landfills, and in the case of Louisiana, it can come through salt domes where the oil and the Corexit has been accumulating for nearly two and a half years.
I am unsure if this article is correct or if it is a bit sensational but it does raise some thoughts. Could the dispersant be the cause of the sinkhole. This article talks of the whole Gulf coast.

Unfortunately, nobody predicted the scenario which is unfolding across several Louisiana communities in which high concentrations of methane laden oil has made its way into the salt domes and into the water table constituting a significant threat millions of Gulf Coast residents. John Boudreaux, director of the Assumption (LA.) Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness has said there are concerns that the gas can build pressure under the clay layer that lies above their local aquifer. According to Boudreaux and geologists, once the aquifer reaches a pressure greater than 75 to 85 pounds per square inch, the clay layer might not hold back the accumulated gas and a set of major explosions could occur. Recently, something unexpectedly triggered an emergency flare 40 feet high at that Crosstex well last week. An explosion of this magnitude would be within the range of one and a half B83 thermonuclear (hydrogen) bombs, according to scientists. On 9/11 of this year, Louisiana officials suddenly and without comment banned outdoor fires. Ray Charles could see these dots connecting on the wall.
Are Louisiana’s Coastal Areas Going To Be Evacuated?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
ok, just getting home from work and sorry I am late on this. This is significant news possibly.

www.dailycomet.com...

Did you feel that?

Residents throughout Terrebonne and Lafourche say they heard a boom Monday morning and felt the ground shake.

But officials with the U.S. Geological Survey said their computers hadn’t detected any seismic activity. A spokesman speculated that might be the case because the movement was too slight to be immediately apparent.

Andrea Dupree of Houma said she heard the noise about 10 a.m. and saw items on her desk shaking.

Ryan Soudelier said he felt it near Thibodaux High School.

“It was very gentle and faint,” he said in an email to The Courier. “It was like being on the second floor with someone else running a washing machine nearby, but we were on the first floor.” Others, like Bridgette Marcel-Waling, said she felt it at her home in Gray, but she said the time was closer to noon.

“I thought it may have been a low-flying plane or something,” she said in a note to the newspaper, “but it rattled my windows right around the time my kids woke up around 11:45 or so.

Dozens more confirmed the tremble via the newspaper’s Facebook page in communities from ranging from Pointe-aux-Chenes to Thibodaux.

“I felt it in Chauvin,” said Kathleen Scott, 57. “It was really noticeable with my trailer shaking and my windows rattling.”

This is my area in Thibodaux, it is the closest town mentioned to the sinkhole. Thing is, the only areas reported in this article are all south of Thibodaux. So that would probably place the origin somewhere south of me. Lots of industry down here so it could be a number of things.

Now, I wish I could say I felt it or heard it, but I was sleep at 10:00 AM from working a night shift. My grandparents felt and heard it. I would of started another thread just on this, but it is just another boom and rattle. Seems to be happening a lot lately.

I also checked the helicorders for March 25 at 11:15 am to see if it is true that nothing was picked up. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, anyone else?
edit on 27-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I also found the comments below the article interesting. One person mentioned a roaring sound. I don't think I have read anything that mentions a roaring sound.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Maybe it was a blast above ground and not one which would be picked up by ground recorders?

As to the 500million total world population figure - Everyone assumes that we are only talking about humans and there cannot be that many humans who are psychopaths, right?

However, some people believe that the agenda is far larger than we think and extends past humans to ET who have different biology and possibly no emotions whatsoever. Getting too far out there? :-) Maybe.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

However, some people believe that the agenda is far larger than we think and extends past humans to ET who have different biology and possibly no emotions whatsoever. Getting too far out there? :-) Maybe.

Or maybe not. There are way too many things going on in the world that would be nicely explained by alien influence. But I don't see how there could be a connection to the sinkhole unless the algae hypothesis in a reply above this one is true.

Only time will sort the sane from the insane.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Booms and unexplained shaking, that is happening so often that I just don't know what to think. That have read about the booming here on ATS but never heard it myself. There has been a lot of activity in the Gulf of Mexico lately could the shaking be from those earthquakes but why would it not registrar?

New safety for the sinkhole workers. Got this lead off of Bayou Bugle- Texas Brine/sinkhole workers now have to wear life preservers.

PPE Required on site: Respirator w/ VOC Cartridge, Gloves for sampling, eye protection, life preservers, hearing protection.
Once again, life preservers! It is getting to the point that I am wondering if this is going to go fast & quick. Those residents that have failed to evacuate are they like H. Truman & Mount St Helens?

Texas Brine
edit on 27-3-2013 by AuntB because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join