Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Something is definitely happening - it's on most of the instruments. Take a look

A quick rule of thumb, if the signal is evenly spaced, time wise, on the record, it's likely man made signal wise. Given how the pulses are roughly a minute apart it's more than likely more seismic scanning.

The longer ones might be fluid/gas movement, or someone adding to a berm or maybe an air-boat. (I'm not sure what you call the flat bottom prop-driven boats.)

This is LA 12 on the IRIS sensors, unusually there is not so much noise on the signals, eg cleaner easier to read, so I suspect they have wind and other weather related influences there. I don't have a handy weather link to that area, to cross check current conditions. (It's wind as heck where I am lol.)

M.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All work stopped at sinkhole - - - -

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I had got on the RSOE disaster site earlier, and there was an icon I hadn't seen before, and it is being called "An unusual geologic event" I clicked on it and about freaked out. Ya know, it's one thing to hear about these things on the news, it doesn't seem like it is real, or it can't affect me. but when I see it on multiple places, and we have discussed some of the possible outcomes of this disasterious situation. Well, if any of the scenerios come to pass, it's not going to be good for anyone living near the sinkhole, or the New Madrid. And out of morbid curiosity, I looked at a map of Louisiana to see exactly where it was. I was looking for Assumption, but I found where Cajun is, and found it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
check this out -

www.naturalnews.com...

and this -

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The second video up finally cleared up the 12 or 20 acre sinkhole confusion. The sinkhole is still 12 or so acres but there is a 20 acre depression now around the sinkhole. The depression is slowly sinking and extends beyond the berm they built. The speculation now is that if the whole depression area caves in it will take the second cavern with it and compound the disaster immensely.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Wow, it just keeps getting worse, as it has been since the beginning. Where is the butane again? Is it in #1 or #2?
heather

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by parksh

Wow, it just keeps getting worse, as it has been since the beginning. Where is the butane again? Is it in #1 or #2?
heather

The second cavern to collapse, if it does happen, contains, if I am not mistaken, brine. It is the next one over, and still in the danger zone if the first two go, is the one that contains the butane. The butane is NOT explosive as long as it is contained in the cavern. But if it is released into the air and mixes with it then it can be extremely explosive.

the explosive concentration starts at about a 5% butane to air mix.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

This whole situation just kills me. I grew up along the Texas Gulf Coast and since the BP oil spill the coast in my mind has changed forever. Whether this sinkhole is related to the spill or not remains to be seen, but in my heart I know it had to be the trigger. Thanks for the info., I've read so much sometimes it blurrs together.
heather

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Actually the second cavern that will possibly collapse contains brine, but not your normal brine but NORM. Naturally Occuring Radioactive Matetial.

The worksite was reopened today and dropped back down to code 1

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My error. :0 Pls Delete.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of signal wash out on the CERI monitors, looks like testing is still under way though.

If you notice the frequency of the bumps the spacing indicates it is man made.

Given there have been no M 6+ quakes reported by USGS for the LA region, more than likely those 'clipping signals' that nearly reach the top of the page are calibration type events. EG Nothing to freak out over. Trust me, if you had a real quake of that strong of a signal, it'd be tweeted up and down the coast.

M.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

If This is man made, then They need to freaking stop now... Are They trying to create a disaster???

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Been following this thread off and on, could someone give us a possible worst case scenario could be considering all of the info known to date? I know I keep reading it's getting bad, but what is it considered bad.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Moshpet

If This is man made, then They need to freaking stop now... Are They trying to create a disaster???

Well for one, the CERI helicorders are noise laden. If you want to see what is really going on you should contrast that IRIS's BUD viewer, where the signals are cleaner and isn't pegging out except where it's doing a self calibration.

This is from earlier in the day, the one after is most recent. You can compare the times on the right hand side of the CERI to the UTC times listed on the left.

As you can see, the IRIS data is much cleaner and you can actually make out distinct elements of it.

A big tip for learning what is and is not seismic activity is to compare data with things that have happened prior, and in the Case of the Sink hole to know that CERI doesn't have the cleanest of signals. It takes practice to know what is normal and or not. I had to learn to check all the events world wide and how they impacted Yellowstone, which in turn helps to to understand what is happening in the Sinkhole. Yellowstone went through a lot of construction at one point, and the signals made that bit on CERI look mild.

Take some time to play with this siteIRIS

Select YC at the bottom left, then the sensor la12, then select HHZ (horizontal) then look a bit right and down to where there is a column of dates & such click on that, then go over a bit more to the right and select view helicorder.

Have fun.
M.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Thank you for the very informative information about "Iris" I must admit I am a creature of habit. I have that site available on my favorite bar, I just forget to view it.

Have you been viewing the helicorders as of recent? And if so, do you think alot of that is weather? Or is something moving or vibrating down there?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

I will look into this more tomorrow. Dail Up ya know :-/ Daughter purchased us high speed for her college but I don't want to use her gigs :-/ Still though - somthing very wrong - sorry if we don't agree

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Moshpet

Aren't they supposed to be diagraming the area with "thumper trucks" and "mini depth" charges?? It was mentioned a few pages back. And I said the same exact thing. The situation is bad enough, but WHY IN THEEEE HELL would they try to make a disaster happen.

On a side note, someone in Tennessee posted he felt ELF waves in the middle of the state, and is predicting an earthquake in the next 24 hours. Whether true or not, no clue. Lets hope not.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Worst case scenario could go a few separate ways.

1. Massive collapse of the entire salt dome forming a toxic lake about 4 square miles. (that would be my best estimate, the salt dome covers about that much land)

2. Massive explosion and chemical release of the substances in the dome. The explosion could be that of a hiroshima bomb. The explosion is merely a theory but the chemicals in the caverns leaking into the aquifer is not.

These I believe are both worse case scenario.

This is a new type of disaster that has never occurred before. The outcome unknown. So trying to pinpoint an exact worse case scenario is extremely hard. What I can tell you is that the ecosystem around this hole has been destroyed and will take hundreds maybe even thousands of years to return back to normal.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

reply to post by Moshpet

Aren't they supposed to be diagraming the area with "thumper trucks" and "mini depth" charges?? It was mentioned a few pages back. And I said the same exact thing. The situation is bad enough, but WHY IN THEEEE HELL would they try to make a disaster happen.

On a side note, someone in Tennessee posted he felt ELF waves in the middle of the state, and is predicting an earthquake in the next 24 hours. Whether true or not, no clue. Lets hope not.

they have started up the 3D imaging again today. So yes, they got the damn thumpers out there shaking up the ground.
edit on 25-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by jam321

Worst case scenario could go a few separate ways.

1. Massive collapse of the entire salt dome forming a toxic lake about 4 square miles. (that would be my best estimate, the salt dome covers about that much land)

2. Massive explosion and chemical release of the substances in the dome. The explosion could be that of a hiroshima bomb. The explosion is merely a theory but the chemicals in the caverns leaking into the aquifer is not.

These I believe are both worse case scenario.

This is a new type of disaster that has never occurred before. The outcome unknown. So trying to pinpoint an exact worse case scenario is extremely hard. What I can tell you is that the ecosystem around this hole has been destroyed and will take hundreds maybe even thousands of years to return back to normal.

There is one even worse. If, as some believe, the B P oil well blowout still has not been contained and that is where all the methane and oil pressure in the bayous is coming from; then a real worse case scenario would make the salt dome collapse look puny by comparison.

It is a fact that the floor of the gulf for a radius of 25 miles around the original B P Macondo blowout is bulging dangerously. It is the pressure in this area that is believed by some to be pushing the methane and oil through the salt and rock strata clear up to Lake Peigneur and further. If it blows the damage won't be limited to just a few tens of square miles. It will wipe out a good part of the entire gulf coast, taking the sinkholes with it and possibly triggering the New Madrid fault zone.

Now that is a worst case scenario to really be afraid of.

The only thing worse going on in the world today is the Fukushima Daichi nuclear disaster, which still has the potential, if not cleaned up in time, to make the entire northern hemisphere uninhabitable for anywhere from decades to centuries.

new topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join