It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not to sound like an horses ass. I beleive we all know, one way or another come hell or high water. There's gonna be a war. Irregardless of who starts it. Whether it's this scenario or a totally different one, there's gonna be a war. Will it result in an all out go for broke power grab from all nations. Let's hope not. But we all know how people are. If the mushroom clouds start to fly, no regrets here. Just sorrow for those who had ring side seats.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This would be a major esculation I would think.Very dangerous.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

We all will regret mushroom clouds.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Not to sound like an horses ass. I beleive we all know, one way or another come hell or high water. There's gonna be a war. Irregardless of who starts it. Whether it's this scenario or a totally different one, there's gonna be a war. Will it result in an all out go for broke power grab from all nations. Let's hope not. But we all know how people are. If the mushroom clouds start to fly, no regrets here. Just sorrow for those who had ring side seats.

No regrets?

Sorrow for those who have ringside seats?

Where do you think those nukes are aimed?

What would you have done that you regret?

You are probably right about the war, but that is only because there are not enough people speaking up right now against the crazy war-mongering psychopaths driving us toward imminent war with their abundant hatred.

You are not safe in America. If this war involves USA and USSR your house will most likely either be destroyed directly or rendered unlivable due to fallout. There might not be a place on Earth that is capable of supporting life for several years.

This is not just some skirmish out in the desert. This is a hot topic for other nations who have sat idly by while we destroyed most of the middle east and gained a good foothold there with resources. These countries are not to be outdone so there will be property gathering by them next and we will have to decide whether we want to bang the war drums or sit idly by and watch them as they did for us.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Why are so many people so eager for nuclear weapons to be used? It's amazing how every time there is even a hint of conflict it's going to be nuclear. We've gone a long time without nukes flying, despite how close we came to launching (and we came damn close a number of times), so why would there suddenly be nukes flying?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So...
If a mortar enters into the US from Mexico and kills someone, when who actually shot the mortar isn't known and it's known there's multiple national forces in Mexico who could have such a weapon, we can declare war on Mexico and bomb them?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
So...
If a mortar enters into the US from Mexico and kills someone, when who actually shot the mortar isn't known and it's known there's multiple national forces in Mexico who could have such a weapon, we can declare war on Mexico and bomb them?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

Wow I think you just solved the mexican drug cartels! Oh wait... That's not a problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

www.nytimes.com... nytimes.com%2Fpages%2Fworld%2Fmiddleeast%2Findex.jsonp

the above NY Times article, gives a detailed explanation ref; Large riots now starting in Iran. Near bottom of the NYTimes page theres a chance to click one part and view a Youtube video showing the Iranian mass of people so far involved. The ME spoon is now well stirred,,,,, is this plus this present thread part 1 of the said October surprise ???

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why are so many people so eager for nuclear weapons to be used? It's amazing how every time there is even a hint of conflict it's going to be nuclear. We've gone a long time without nukes flying, despite how close we came to launching (and we came damn close a number of times), so why would there suddenly be nukes flying?

So name a weapon that has been invented and not used?

Besides any particular chemical or Bioweapon, all have been used at some time, somewhere. Thats the thing about that. They are invented to be used. Especially when they are new. Like the first Iron swords to meet sticks. And the first bow and arrow to meet spears. And the first cannon to meet all of these.

So it goes. The really scary thing is that nowadays the lethality and precision of most city killers is immutable. They are made really well to do exactly what they are intended to.

May cooler heads prevail.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
And nuclear weapons have been used. That doesn't mean that they're going to be used again, or that they're going to fly every time that there is a conflict of any kind.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Because the armchair generals haven't realized yet that the U.S. wont be safe behind her oceans anymore if we see nuclear fire anywhere in the ME.

*: I'm not talking about a ballistic nuclear attack upon U.S. soil of course... but there will be some sort of asynchronous nuclear retaliation somewhere within the United States.
edit on 3-10-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

It doesn't have anything to do with that. I've learned that the people of ATS can be some of the most war mongering people I've ever seen. Every time anything happens, it goes from "a car bomb exploded today" to "let's nuke them and get it over with!"

An IED goes off, and it's WWIII. Every time the slightest thing happens people want to see a huge war, so they can sit here screaming "I told you so!"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
i bet that AL CIADA or MOSSAD did that attack on Turkey from Syria. for obvious reasons!

Nice way of spelling " Al Ciada" never really look at it that way..now you got my brain overloading!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Interesting that Turkey responded with long range artillery fire against a short range mortar strike,taking advantage much? I call BS on this being conducted by Syrian reg forces,if anyone PKK ,and used as an excuse to strike strategic targets within Syria to aid the Rebels,so much for the humanitarian concern

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

you know, every time i'm about to start typing something brewing inside the ol brain space, i read a few more posts and someone always beats me to it!

I'm with you on this one. Is it just relying on prophecy that we all assume that ww3 is gonna equal nuclear armageddon?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't think Syria is as much of a concern to further involve the nuclear powers by itself. Even though Russia sells quite a bit of weapons to Syria and has a Mediterranean port there, I don't think it is as big of a deal to them as even they bluster about. China has even less of an interest in Syria when it comes down to it. The most likely escalation to happen is an expansion of the war into Lebanon, and Jordan hasn't had it's turn in the Arab Spring yet either.

The one scenario that I can see drawing this into a nuclear situation is that when/if Assad falls, they launch every chemical round they have (and they have a good bit of their own and possibly some of Saddam's stash too) toward Israel. There is no doubt in my mind that in such a scenario Damascus would most likely cease to exist.

The Arab Spring has really changed the complexion and required calculi for analysis of the region. I had some pretty high hopes for the Arab Spring. Egypt and Tunisia have, to date disappointed. Libya is a pleasant surprise so far despite the recent assassination of the US Ambassador. It was ruthlessly subdued in the gulf states by some of "our closest allies". I may be missing some countries, but Jordan and Lebanon seem to be the only countries yet to experience the movement. I doubt Lebanon will because of it's large Christian population and it only within the past decade or so stabilizing from it's civil war. There are reports of popular unrest in Jordan recently, and it is concerning. Jordan has always seemed to me to be one of the more understandable Arab countries.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by steaming

www.nytimes.com... nytimes.com%2Fpages%2Fworld%2Fmiddleeast%2Findex.jsonp

the above NY Times article, gives a detailed explanation ref; Large riots now starting in Iran. Near bottom of the NYTimes page theres a chance to click one part and view a Youtube video showing the Iranian mass of people so far involved. The ME spoon is now well stirred,,,,, is this plus this present thread part 1 of the said October surprise ???

An interesting observation...

One thing people seem to be overlooking is the fact this is Turkey and not the US. Turkey does not need the US military should they go into Syria.

Russia and China are not going to intervene.

Nuclear weapons are not going to be used by either side.

As far as Obama needing a war I dont agree with that. Any war in the middle east is only going to highlight his failed policies. Not exactly something to run a Presidential campaign on.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Are the turks going to start flying bombing runs into Syria. I think its almost sunrise now over there. Interesting to see how Thursday plays out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Every time the slightest thing happens people want to see a huge war, so they can sit here screaming "I told you so!"

Is that why? To gloat?

My mom lived through WWII in Germany as a child. She told me thats what makes her so angry about the younger generation today. They call for war she believes because they have never actually seen it. She knows what it is really like. If they experienced war in their hometown, they would not be so quick cry out for wars against other nations.

I believe her.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

As far as Obama needing a war I dont agree with that. Any war in the middle east is only going to highlight his failed policies. Not exactly something to run a Presidential campaign on.

Especially if its not going well. Just before an election.

Thats why I think the "conflict" with Syria won't escalate off this one. They will wait until after the election then move ahead. Regardless of who sits in the White House. If anything this is to escalate the sleeplessness of the Government and Army in Syria. Worrying them down, bit by bit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join