It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Sorry, Mercenaries/Terrorists has entered Syria, turned the country into a warzone and you want to blame Assad for that? Do you support terrorism?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Iran knows Turkey would stomp its turbans in the sand dunes

Iranians are NOT arabs and do not wear turbans, and there a very few if any sand dunes in Iran. Perhaps you need to pay a visit to Washington's Blog to enlighten yourself.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Sorry, Mercenaries/Terrorists has entered Syria, turned the country into a warzone and you want to blame Assad for that? Do you support terrorism?

And how many of the 25,000 dead are mercs and terrorists? All of them?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

And before anyone comes in with their pathetic defense of the twisted little freak and his disgusting wife, have some evidence other than YouTube videos, or don't bother at all.

First I have heard of this. Perhaps you could provide some evidence for your statement, other than YouTube videos, or don't bother at all to quote your own words.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You have to understand 1st that the middle east in general is filled with people who are legit people of those countries, but also there is a percentage of people who want instability, who want chaos, who make money just as USA does off war and power struggles, as well as a undermining goal of some of these people to start a war between anyone they really can see a weakness to do such.

This honestly seems like an act of a cell of rebels in syria or some extremeist group trying to start things with the military of syria to maybe have a distraction, who knows. It's kinda odd to have Syria use mortars instead of something heavier if they were going to attack, they wouldn't use sticks and stone tech, the tech used kinda shows who was responsible.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Before this all started, how many people was Assad slaughtering? How many people have died since the terrorists entered Syria with the backing of western influenced nations? The very same terrorists have stated that when they take Syria, they are going to turn their focus towards the Jews.

The very same terrorists are using civilians as human shields more or less and that is why scores of people are dying. They are fighting in the cities and have contributed to the deaths of 1000's of people themselves. If you blame Assad for every single death in Syria, you are an idiot.

There is more than enough evidence to suggest that the Syrian/International rebels have intimidated, murdered, tortured Syrian civilians, but we expect Assad to pull back, stop ridding those parasites and let them run over the country. You want to know why 25,000+ have died in Syria? Its because the west have a vision and Assad is not in it. They will kill as many civilians as they want through a proxy (International Mercenaries who would be labelled terrorists if they were doing the same in your country) until they rid Assad..

Assad has to protect his country somehow and at the moment the only way to do it is by taking lives. He will be blamed, shamed and the rest but he has no other option. The cowards he is fighting, give him no other option.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Corruption Exposed asked, "Has Syria claimed responsibility yet.?"
I wouldn't consider it an outright claim of responsibility, but RT is reporting.

Syria offered condolences to the Turkish people, saying it is investigating the incident, Reuters reports.

RT

That statement could mean several things. One, they did it and know it, accidents happen in warfare all the time offer condolences investigate, apologize, punish, and compensate as appropriate. Two, Command and control is breaking down and they don't know if they did it or not so might as well be as diplomatic as possible. Three they didn't do it but are offering condolences cause it's the right thing to do.

Seems like Syria is being a bit less bellicose than in the shoot down of that Turkish jet earlier this year. Assad knows that if Turkey gets directly involved with it's military, it's over for him.

I'm a little disappointed in how quickly many are to say false flag.It is by no means impossible but, we've seen a protracted period of Civil War in Syria, and an incident like this is much more likely to happen than a shoot down of an F-4 in international waters. I'm also disappointed in how many people think Turkey is just a US lapdog. It's not, their refusal to allow US troops to invade Iraq made for a much more difficult and dangerous attack. They have the second or third largest army in NATO, and the area that is Turkey has always been a regional power if not dominating the entire middle east for millenia. Aside from outside powers that have periodically militarily dominated the region like Rome, Britain, and lately the US only Turkey (various ancient civilizations) and Iran (Persia) are the regional entities that have been historically the most powerful in the region.

I do wonder what Assad will do when/if his regime is about to fall. I'm somewhat concerned that Syria might just for the hell of it lob its chemical arsenal into Israel in order to spark a massive retaliation that could really blow up into a regional conflict just for the hell of it at the end.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Our rebels arn't getting the job done,quick lets make something up to get more involved..

edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Non-issue. The skirmish is over. Syria is not about to retaliate for Turley's retaliation so it will simmer dwon from here. Iran is probably telling Syria to calm down because Turkey would kick Iran and Syria's ass EASILY. Neither country can match the firepower and training the Turks have. The Saudi's may even pitch in too. If that happens You may even see Israel "do their thing" as well. But none of that is going to happen. Its over

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Before this all started, how many people was Assad slaughtering? How many people have died since the terrorists entered Syria with the backing of western influenced nations? The very same terrorists have stated that when they take Syria, they are going to turn their focus towards the Jews.

The very same terrorists are using civilians as human shields more or less and that is why scores of people are dying. They are fighting in the cities and have contributed to the deaths of 1000's of people themselves. If you blame Assad for every single death in Syria, you are an idiot.

There is more than enough evidence to suggest that the Syrian/International rebels have intimidated, murdered, tortured Syrian civilians, but we expect Assad to pull back, stop ridding those parasites and let them run over the country. You want to know why 25,000+ have died in Syria? Its because the west have a vision and Assad is not in it. They will kill as many civilians as they want through a proxy (International Mercenaries who would be labelled terrorists if they were doing the same in your country) until they rid Assad..

Assad has to protect his country somehow and at the moment the only way to do it is by taking lives. He will be blamed, shamed and the rest but he has no other option. The cowards he is fighting, give him no other option.

Brilliant post that sums up the situation perfectly!

Step away from the TVs people!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yet Turkey continues to meddle in a (so called) civil war.
over ?..think again.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

It is well written and popular but not very accurate. He leaves out that Syria has been dealing with the Muslim Brotherhood issue going back a couple of decades.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Would you rather have people who try to see outside the box and fail 9 out of 10 times? or just sit like a sheep, watch the news and believe everything they feed you? Cause if you do wth are you doin in this site in the first place.

Not to mention the fact that mostly all wars had some lie attack behind it for starting it. Cause you cant refuse that truth... So it would be better to try and think other scenarions than the one fed to us via the msm and exchange ideas than saying "you guyz are stupid for not believing what the TV says".
edit on 3-10-2012 by Alda1981 because: typo

Seeing outside the box is one thing, claiming that the CIA and Mossad are behind the hundreds of thousands of Syrians who were protesting and being shot down in the streets is denial of the evidence.

I keep seeing people claiming that this is all planned by the CIA, but I have yet to see any proof at all. Meanwhile, there is a wealth of evidence from independent journalists, people in Syria, and - yes - mainstream news too. I take it all in where I can find it, and everything I have seen tells me that Assad is slaughtering his own people to cling on to power.

Did the CIA "fake" the videos of fighter jets? Did they infiltrate all the hospitals with their own doctors to report on the dead and injured? Did they "fake" the footage of Syrian military bombing civilian areas?

If so, WOW, that's some amazing production team they have!

And for your information, I don't believe what the TV talking heads tell me. I search for news, I watch reports from people on the ground, I read articles by bloggers and journalists... I get my information from the same places any logical thinker does - plenty of places. The difference is, I don't automatically believe a YouTube video based on a belief by some random person and then weave current events into a global conspiracy!

Conspiracy is what we are here for, but it's not conspiracy when there is NO EVIDENCE to suggest something, then it's just a belief without foundation. Until someone can produce some shred of evidence that Assad is not slaughtering his own people to cling on to power, I will believe what I am seeing and reading - the actual evidence of his brutality rather than the fantasies of a bunch of people quoting other fantasists.

A conspiracy is an act of deceit, of collusion, a lot of what people present as conspiracy on ATS is actually nothing more than fantasy or nonsensical belief.

I tell you what, I believe that there is a race of cyborg unicorns planning to take over the world. They live in a cave in Alaska and they have shape-shifting spies in government ready to make their move.
Oh, you want some kind evidence for that? Okay... let me just go and see if I can find a YouTube video of someone who believes in cyborg unicorns too and I'll post that as "evidence". If you don't believe everything I tell you then you must be a sheep who believes everything the MSM spoon feeds you!

/rant

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Irrelevant thought,,it happens

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by DaesDaemar

It is well written and popular but not very accurate. He leaves out that Syria has been dealing with the Muslim Brotherhood issue going back a couple of decades.

Its not about what they were doing two decades ago.. Its the way it has played out over the past two years. We can make the same claim for the likes of Israel, Iran and others if we want to take a look at history. Sending terrorists into a sovereign nation who were pretty much at peace is not the way to go about things whether you like, dislike the leader. If you are willing to do that, you may aswell just send the entire Western world into Syria. The same amount of people will die anyway.

This way, it just looks like a Muslim thing while we sit back and watch the slaughter and pick whos side we want to take. The mainstream want us to pick terrorists. I find that insulting and so should Americans after what yous went through 11 years ago.

Not only are you ridding a dictator if the Rebels succeed, but you are also creating a new enemy. Some of those rebels have already said they will turn their focus to the Jews/Israel. What makes people think it will end in Syria? If they take Syria tommorow, Israel attack Iran, whose side do you think the Rebels will align with? Not Israel.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I can't believe the number of people cheering to start yet another war.
Not enough violence in the world to keep you happy?
Has HBO lost it's luster and tv murder is too tame?

Why would Syria fire on Turkish civilians?
That makes no sense, Syria doesn't want a war, not even the current insurgency funded by NATO.

As nations, we need to put on the brakes at a time like this, not hit the gas.
I can't believe we're staring a possible Armageddon scenario in the face right now but that's what it is.
This could draw in Iran, Israel, NATO, maybe Russia and China.

We should risk war over a couple of mortar rounds?
Some of us have children and don't have suicidal wishes.
If people really want to die in an orgy of blood and killing fine.
Give them all the desert they can fight over and leave the rest of the world out of it.
We'll call it Jehovah's Super Sandbox Religious Deathmatch.
Winner gets to build a temple somewhere.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Over? Yeah. Turley was hit. Turkey hit back. Syria wont hit again. Over.

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yet Turkey continues to meddle in a (so called) civil war.
over ?..think again.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Lol I loved this post!

It's so true, doesn't take a Scholar to see that a nation doesn't risk war with it's neighbor while dealing with a civil war. But you do believe Syria wants to start a war if you listen solely to what is said on TV, by the big scary people with mics telling you what to think.

It's how it is, isn't how I want it, but how it is, and sadly I don't want another war, I am just intelligent enough to understand that this is most likely a good as place as any for many to push as much as they can for such to happen.

This really should scare everyone last one of you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The last thing I want to see is another war. I just see the rebels as playing a dangerous game, with the lies, and the faked videos, etc. I think that they're going to do everything they can to draw Turkey, or another nation in, because if they don't, they'll eventually lose this war.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Turkey fired a total of 35 155mm shells into Syria in response. They were fired in two groups, from two different artillery positions. An emergency NATO meeting has been called. The border region has come under fire several times in the last few weeks, from both sides. This is the first time that Turkish nationals have been killed. A Syrian national was killed in Turkey in a previous attack.

North Atlantic Council statement on developments on the Turkish-Syrian border

“As stated on 26 June 2012, the Alliance continues to closely follow the situation in Syria. In view of the Syrian regime’s recent aggressive acts at NATO’s southeastern border, which are a flagrant breach of international law and a clear and present danger to the security of one of its Allies, the North Atlantic Council met today, within the framework of Article 4 of the Washington Treaty, and discussed the continuous shelling of locations in Turkey adjacent to the Turkish-Syrian border by the Syrian regime forces.

The most recent shelling on 3 October 2012, which caused the death of five Turkish citizens and injured many, constitutes a cause of greatest concern for, and is strongly condemned by, all Allies.

In the spirit of indivisibility of security and solidarity deriving from the Washington Treaty, the Alliance continues to stand by Turkey and demands the immediate cessation of such aggressive acts against an Ally, and urges the Syrian regime to put an end to flagrant violations of international law.”

theaviationist.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join