It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Being the towns right on the border,
Maybe the Syrians just stuffed up?
How many times have they really been involved in conflict?

Perhaps it was rebels trying to force Turkey into the war...

But, surely you'd do it so Turkeys in, not on the sidelines.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why are so many people so eager for nuclear weapons to be used? It's amazing how every time there is even a hint of conflict it's going to be nuclear. We've gone a long time without nukes flying, despite how close we came to launching (and we came damn close a number of times), so why would there suddenly be nukes flying?

So name a weapon that has been invented and not used?

Besides any particular chemical or Bioweapon, all have been used at some time, somewhere. Thats the thing about that. They are invented to be used. Especially when they are new. Like the first Iron swords to meet sticks. And the first bow and arrow to meet spears. And the first cannon to meet all of these.

So it goes. The really scary thing is that nowadays the lethality and precision of most city killers is immutable. They are made really well to do exactly what they are intended to.

May cooler heads prevail.

I couldn't have said it better myself. These weapons are not in museums, they aren't in labs or testing facilities. These are armed weapons, ready to go.

All its going to take is a nut case (offensive), or a last ditch effort (defensive) to make all of our lives change.

"May cooler heads prevail", considering the middle east got all fired up about a crappy movie, I'm not sure that's possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

And they're deployed to the region. Without making it sound to fatalistic, I wonder about the number of warheads sitting in the gulf aboard US carriers and submarines.

I also want to remind everyone that the Middle East and the world too for that matter have a lot more to resent America for than some movie.

We no longer represent that shining beacon of democracy and freedom they all used to believe in.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Why would SYRIA do this? It makes NO SENSE.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
Good! I am ecstatic that Turkey retaliated against this evil regime! Someone needs to show some b@lls and do something about this murderous regime, killing innocent women, children and others. I am sure there will be accusations of false flags, it's America's fault, blah, blah, blah... What we need to do is have Russian and Chinese government officials stand on the border between these countries, so Turkey can have something to aim at. These two countries(Russia and China) need to be removed from NATO! Their behavior in this situation is despicable!

You mean the UN. Russia and China are not part of NATO. I echo your sentiment though.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
But what "beef" has Syria with Turkey again..?

I hope people in power keep their heads twisted on straight..no matter who is behind this sneaky busines..

edit on 3/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

Good question, ask the 2 pilots who died when Syria shot down the Turkish F-4.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is not the Muslim Brotherhood attacking Assad's regime, some may well be, but some are also al-qaeda. What's your point?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

I KNOW, It's not like Syria shot down a Turkish jet already. Syria is clearly unwilling to do things like this.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Don't know, but why are Turkey arming the resistance if they don't want any part of what is happening across the border?

CNN journalists have witnessed light weapons in the form of assault rifles, rocket-propelled grenades and machine guns coming from Turkey to Syrian rebels

Concerning the Turkish Jet that was shot down

In June, the Syrian government announced it had shot down a Turkish military reconnaissance jet after it crossed into Syrian airspace.

Two Turkish pilots were killed in the incident. The Turkish government continues to insist the jet was shot down by a surface-to-air missile after it left Syrian airspace -- claims that the Syrian government denies.

Again, two differing stories and not much evidence either way. The Turks could be causing their own problems for all I know and care. The point is, the Jet was in Syrian airspace to start with when it shouldn't be.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I KNOW, It's not like Syria shot down a Turkish jet already. Syria is clearly unwilling to do things like this.

Yeah. It's not like reports PRECEDING that particular incident already indicated that rebel forces had been equipped with stingers or anything.

Glad you have the situation all figured out.

edit on 4-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Yeah. It's not like reports PRECEDING that particular incident already indicated that rebel forces had been equipped with stingers or anything.

Syria has already taken responsibility for it. It was not rebels. Good job trying to deflect. Hard to do when the Syrian government admits they did it. Shows how out of touch you pro-Syrian people are.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Don't know, but why are Turkey arming the resistance if they don't want any part of what is happening across the border?

CNN journalists have witnessed light weapons in the form of assault rifles, rocket-propelled grenades and machine guns coming from Turkey to Syrian rebels

Concerning the Turkish Jet that was shot down

In June, the Syrian government announced it had shot down a Turkish military reconnaissance jet after it crossed into Syrian airspace.

Two Turkish pilots were killed in the incident. The Turkish government continues to insist the jet was shot down by a surface-to-air missile after it left Syrian airspace -- claims that the Syrian government denies.

Again, two differing stories and not much evidence either way. The Turks could be causing their own problems for all I know and care. The point is, the Jet was in Syrian airspace to start with when it shouldn't be.

edition.cnn.com...

No, Syria does not deny shooting the plane, they deny it was in international airspace, which is impossible to confirm.
Syria leader Assad says he regrets his forces shooting down Turkey military jet

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Syria has already taken responsibility for it. It was not rebels. Good job trying to deflect. Hard to do when the Syrian government admits they did it. Shows how out of touch you pro-Syrian people are.

So being skeptical of western mainstream reporting now makes me "pro-Syrian"? If by "pro-Syrian" you mean I want stability in the middle east (and a resolution to the violence in Syria), then color me guilty.

Are you "Anti-Syrian"?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Skeptical is not the same as reporting rebels are responsible for something Assad ADMITS his government did. That is you blatantly disregarding facts that do not fit what you want to be true.

I am most certainly anti-Syrian government, and pro-Syrian people. As that is how we will achieve stability. Or do you think Assad is a bastion of Freedom and Stability?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Skeptical is not the same as reporting rebels are responsible for something Assad ADMITS his government did. That is you blatantly disregarding facts that do not fit what you want to be true.

I am most certainly anti-Syrian government, and pro-Syrian people. As that is how we will achieve stability. Or do you think Assad is a bastion of Freedom and Stability?

Assad never admitted to the cross border mortar attack in turkey. Are you dense?

And for the record, how can you be for the Syrian people and peace, while demonizing Assad and not the "Free Syrian Army"? Are you really going to deny the atrocities they have committed against the Syrian people? Are you honestly going to parrot the MSM in telling me Assad needs to issue a cease fire, but the terrorist elements within Syria don't?

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Assad never admitted to the cross border mortar attack in turkey. Are you dense?

And for the record, how can you be for the Syrian people and peace, while demonizing Assad and not the "Free Syrian Army"? Are you really going to deny the atrocities they have committed against the Syrian people? Are you honestly going to parrot the MSM in telling me Assad needs to issue a cease fire, but the terrorist elements within Syria don't?

Pathetic.

That's nice. Now what does that have to do with you blaming rebels for the downing of the Turkish F-4 when Assad has admitted it was his regime?

The Free Syrian Army has many heads. Not all of them are good. Assad's regime has 1 head, that is certainly not good. If Assad had stepped down and not instigated violence against his own people none of this would be happening. He is the direct culpable party. So no, I will not parrot you the MSM. Assad needs to step down, and until then a cease fire is meaningless. Assad cares more about his power than his people.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
( A small piece of the Henoch prophecies of Mr Meier )

And consequently Russia will launch a military attack against Iran and Turkey and will conquer these two countries in bloody fighting, causing enormous destruction.

In the Russian expansionist mentality will also be included the drive to gain control of the Middle Eastern oil deposits as well as to gain control of the southeastern region of Europe. Therefore, she will also invade the Balkans and conquer these countries there in enormous battles, causing ruthless and devastating destruction with many deaths.

This will be at the time that tremendous natural disasters will hit Italy and its people

www.prweb.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I see the war-lovers on here are calling for blood without batting an eyelid.

Are we expected to believe that Assad, whilst unable to clean the mess on his own doorstep, has decided to pick a fight with his neighbor who has more military might and strong Nato backing?

That sounds as intelligent as some of the attempts at witty posts above = MSM got ya tongue

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

Has the syian regime said anything of late about turkeys bombardment. Maybe they are heading to a safe bunker. Its starting to look like Assads forces are the big bully in the school yard. But now they have p-ssed off a bigger player and Syrias regime are all quite.
If the syian army did fire morter rounds into Turkey, then i believe Turkey has done the right thing by defending its people.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded

( A small piece of the Henoch prophecies of Mr Meier )

And consequently Russia will launch a military attack against Iran and Turkey and will conquer these two countries in bloody fighting, causing enormous destruction.

In the Russian expansionist mentality will also be included the drive to gain control of the Middle Eastern oil deposits as well as to gain control of the southeastern region of Europe. Therefore, she will also invade the Balkans and conquer these countries there in enormous battles, causing ruthless and devastating destruction with many deaths.

This will be at the time that tremendous natural disasters will hit Italy and its people

www.prweb.com...

Meier was not privy of the Russian ties with some Balkan countries. Majority of Russians are Orthodox as far as religion is concerned. They share this with Macedonians, Serbians, Greeks, etc. The religious tie is the reason why Russia backed Serbia during the war and why Russia will never attack the Balkans - it is also the reason why Meier was apparently misinformed

On topic though: this 'attack' has all the hallmarks of the FSA/Muslim Brotherhood/al'queda - whatever their latest name/acronym is nowadays ...
edit on 4/10/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join