It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

So wrong in so many ways. I can consume about 3600+ calories a day for a month, exercise once or twice a week and maintain a athletic build, whereas my brother-in-law can do the same and gain like 10 pounds.

Just stop it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by JPhish

This is incorrect. Stop eating and you will lose the weight. Guaranteed.

WRONG. It is NOT "guaranteed" that if you stop eating, you will lose weight.

In the most literal sense, yes it is. If you starve yourself your body "EATS" itself. It "eats" all the fat. That's why your body stores fat, so that if you stop eating it has something to "chew on".

I could lose weight easily in my youth, but I had a hysterectomy when I was 46. After that, I found weight gain came very easily, and the weight wouldn't come off, no matter how little I ate, or how much I exercised. I did everything right, and still, the weight came on and wouldn't come off. It would make me very angry and hurt if someone came up to me and said they thought I needed to work on losing the weight.

Might be harder for you now, but you could still lose weight. You obviously didn't do everything "right" if you were getting the "wrong" results. (or no results rather)

I had a cousin who had to take high doses of steroids for a serious asthma condition, and she packed on 50 pounds, while only eating 1200-1500 calories a day. She was thin before the steroids. So, no -- it is not "guaranteed".
You just wrote she was eating 1200-1500 calories a day. It would be rather extreme, but you could easily survive and lose weight on less than 300 calories a day ...

Here is the thing - we don't know anything about this news anchor's personal life, or her personal health. Unless there are lots of videos of her stuffing her face, you just don't know why she is overweight.

She's overweight because she eats too much.

And even if she is stuffing her face, we don't know why. Is it just because she's a pig, or does she have an emotional problem which led to her addiction of food (much like how alcohol or drug addictions get started).
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” ― C.G. Jung

It isn't always as simple as just "quit eating" -- it depends on why you are eating. We just don't know what's going on with her -- and that is one of the things she said.
Oh but I do know what is going on with her ... She's eating too much and she chooses to continue to.

link   
The guy was right the lady totally over reacted.

These media personal need to grow some skin.

The person telling her the truth is just more justified and right
with her making it a big deal. She could of been the bigger.adult and just
ignored it. Nothing to do with a bully.

link   
Who gives a crap is someone is fat or not? Does it really matter? As long as a person is happy with themselves, who is anyone else to judge? I've seen a few comments on here that were downright degrading to fat people. Why? If someone doesn't look like you it's ok to make fun of them? You are part of the problem, not fat people. How is being a tool bag treating you?

I've been overweight pretty much my whole life and I'm perfectly ok with that. I know I could loose weight if I wanted to because I've done it before. However, when I did I didn't feel normal. People that I had always been around when I was fat all of a sudden became a lot nicer and actually wanted to talk. This was a major mind blow for me. I was the same person before when I was fat. Then I realized that I couldn't stand people like that. People who judge the outside you before they could get to know the inside you. I would much rather eat some nachos than be around a bunch of fake ass people. Because thats exactly what they were... A bunch of fake ass people. I would rather walk into a room full of strangers and automatically know who is fake and who isn't. Thats what being fat does for me. The real people will talk to you while the fake ones wont even try.

Before anyone says, "well what about you dying or something" health problems.. yadda yadda yadda.... All I can say is this..... Do you plan on living forever? The medical system is set up to buttrape everyone who walks through the hospital doors. So don't make me the scapegoat when the hospital already takes more than they should from everyone else. If they can't help me then I'll die. So what. Everyone does.

I guess thats what the internet is for though. To say stuff that you wouldn't have the balls to say in real life. From my life expierences I can say that most people don't have the fortitude to talk crap to someones face. At least, after high school. You continue being a pansy while I go eat something delisuous.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
I feel like I'm being bullied in to accepting this as bullying.
Why dont I have advocates? Where is that internet bullying thing when you need it?

I was thinking the same thing. Get called a bully for telling the truth and the person calling you a bully agrees with you???

Say hello to the new normal.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You are pretty naive if you think that letter was out of concern. That was an insult masked in concern.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
You are pretty naive if you think that letter was out of concern. That was an insult masked in concern.

If a doctor or her mother said that it would be an insult? People are too thin skinned these days. I always felt that honesty is the best policy

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

If a doctor or her mother said that it would be an insult? People are too thin skinned these days. I always felt that honesty is the best policy

honesty is always the best policy ...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Replace the word fat with ni**** and see the responses you get.

It's quite telling that these kinds of comments are acceptable just because the word is fat.

It may seem like a one shot letter, but some kinds of people get these kinds of comments lots of times and sometimes hundreds of times in a year. All of course, from different people. And that's the way society works.

Society tells you on an almost daily basis things like "you can't say that, you can't do this, you can't be that, you have to behave this way" so on and so forth. Society is extremly intolerant of individuality, and it's high time it changed that attitude.

It really shouldn't be that way.

But America is a nation of bullies and you really can't get anything done unless you bully people into submission. Why? Because most people are taught to not give a damn about how another person feels and it really doesn't matter how people feel.

Just buck up and take it like a man.

I'm tired of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I think being obese should be against the law, it is a very unbecoming trait. It shows a complete lack of self control.

It is a proven fact if your fat, and eat less, you will lose weight, reguardless of any other factor. Only jenny craig and others with somthing to sell will tell you that it doesn't work. Ever seen a fat POW? How about a fat concentration camp prisoner? Of course not, they stopped eating and lost a lot of weight. It is full proof, you can't die of starvation while being fat, it is impossible.

I disagree with your statement, yes you do need to hear the ugly truth, sorry if your don't like it, but that is the point of good advice, it is what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. If it is only the feel good no hurt feelings advice you want, ok then here you go. Keep eating beyond your bodies caloric requirements, and you will always claim to be beautiful n the inside.( even though your obviously ugly on the inside, which is why you eat to excess, to try to hide yur true problems from even yourself.)

Also good for you, I am very happy to see you can come to grips with your weight honestly, that is the hardest part of solving any problem. Now just move on to step 2 and you will be in fighting shape in n time.

I added, smoking and being an a-hole intentionally, as I am both, and realise it is both disgusting and worthless, the difference is I don't make excuses for either, or try to say there is nothing wrong with it, when there is obviously a lot wrong with both. I am however a weak and flawed human, and so I fail at kicking either habit as of this time and date. I do work on it though, openly, and honestly, and I do appreciate others words, as I know I am the one at fault for bothn so I am the only one to blame, or fix either.

There is a big difference between ignoring and rationalising a problem, and owning it and trying to fix it, even if one fails, it is the attempt that matters. Nobody expects fat people to all be able to lose the weight, as it won't be a honest possibilty for some, but most never even try. They just keep eating because they are unhappy with their bodies, even though them eating too much is the reason they are unhappy with it to begin with.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hah, no, it most certainly isn't. I always laugh when I see that old saying. For example, if someone you didn't like was murdered, and the police came to you (who was innocent) and you stated, "I hated the guy, but I didn't kill them", they could take you to court and say you had a motive because you claimed to hate the guy, and even possibly have you convicted based on your statement. I could show you hundreds of examples like this where honesty is definately not always the best policy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Replace the word fat with ni**** and see the responses you get.

It's quite telling that these kinds of comments are acceptable just because the word is fat.

It may seem like a one shot letter, but some kinds of people get these kinds of comments lots of times and sometimes hundreds of times in a year. All of course, from different people. And that's the way society works.

Society tells you on an almost daily basis things like "you can't say that, you can't do this, you can't be that, you have to behave this way" so on and so forth. Society is extremly intolerant of individuality, and it's high time it changed that attitude.

It really shouldn't be that way.

But America is a nation of bullies and you really can't get anything done unless you bully people into submission. Why? Because most people are taught to not give a damn about how another person feels and it really doesn't matter how people feel.

Just buck up and take it like a man.

I'm tired of it.

Too bad you can't choose your race.
You can however, choose your weight.

Your post fails at logic ...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin

Hah, no, it most certainly isn't. I always laugh when I see that old saying. For example, if someone you didn't like was murdered, and the police came to you (who was innocent) and you stated, "I hated the guy, but I didn't kill them", they could take you to court and say you had a motive because you claimed to hate the guy, and even possibly have you convicted based on your statement. I could show you hundreds of examples like this where honesty is definately not always the best policy.

I also never talk to police, so I'm OK in that example. But by all means, keep 'em coming.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: typos

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nailed it..

You see the same thing right here on ATS all day long.

Someone sees something odd and everyone lines up to tell them to go see a doctor.

Hate masquerading as love.

HATE is the new religion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I appreciate what she said.
Although it could be argued that the email wasn't perhaps really "bullying" just very harsh picky criticism. It had the tone superior tone of somene who feels they must say something because of course their life is so much better and how dare you present yourself in such a manner.. Bullying on the other hand seems more along the lines of "Hey news lady, you are FAT, quit eating the donuts and porkrhines and get off your fat ass etc" .. Perhaps it is a semantics issue and the underlying message is still the same.

I have been bullied.. I have ADHD and was a bit "strange" and so kids picked on me cause I was different. (this was in the 70's and 80's when no one really cared or talked about the issue).

As for the weight issue.
She is an attractive woman. She is definatly not in the category of someone who doesn't appear to care about her appearance. (Trust me, go to Walmart or my grocery store sometime and see the people who truly don't care about thier appearance but should.).

"Fat" issues ARE a big concern. I never had a weight issue until a few years ago and I have gained almost 50 lbs primarily due to stress, a death in my family and the sedentary job I work at. I know how to eat healthy and I love being physical. But LIFE really is a larger obstacle than you can imagine.

Couple that with the very real issue of our GMO foods, over processed foods, the chemicals etc... those are contributing to the gain in wieght as well.

I am not happy with my looks right now and I am depressed about it and want to look and feel better. I remember a few years ago on some of the talk shows there were guests that were trying to promote the "Fat is beatiful movement" Yet these people were SERIOUSLY obese. 250lbs+ That ISN't healthy it is sad. I know we all want to feel good about ourselves and like ourselves for who we are but in all honestly sometimes that means taking care of our bodies and our health. Weight issues can end up being dangerous health issues. If you DO love yourself you will take care of your body. Just running around at 300lbs saying " I am Fat and I love it, love me" in all honestly is bordering on some denial issues. Great if you love yourself but you are not doing yourself any favors. Loving yourself means taking care of your body and treating it right. You may be born with a defect that makes your nose look funny or whatever. I know our society places huge emphasis on unrealistic body images. Airbrushed models who are anoexically thin.. that isn't the goal either.

This news woman is overweight but does care about her appearance. Who knows what her personal weight issues are. She is a news anchor, not a model. So it isn't a big part of her job to be some kind of "role Model" for women. If you want to come down on somenoe, come down on the modeling and advertising and sitcom industry that promotes UNREALISTIC ways of looking. THAT is far more dangerous . When I see these fake plastic women with tons of plastic surgery I have a problem. Those are dangerous messages. How about the kiddy beauty pageants with kids like "Honey Boo Boo" What message is THAT sending to folks??? That IS a problem.

I thought the original email was snipish and snobbish but I wouldn't call it bullying. per se.. Yes, a form of bullying. I know that there are a lot of trite, self absorbed grown up women who do set poor examples by gossping and criticising behind other peoples' backs and yes, that is a form of bullying and behavior that isn't flattering on healthy. Maybe that form is more pernicious because it is disquised as "constructive criticism".

Yet in this day and age I have heard FAR FAR FAR worse crap come out of people's mouths on comment boards. I am like wtf? Where were YOU raised? In a cave? a rats den? What?

I think just being overall more conscientious is important...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I know people are saying that there was no need to take up the time of the news with this story, but I think there was every need to bring it up.
The internet is quickly becoming the go-to tool where people (in the public eye, particularly) who have very little to hide behind, are easily looked up, you can find where people live, who their spouses are, how much their homes are worth, where they work, and that's disregarding Facebook or social networking as a search option.
It also points out quite subtly, that while children are at risk of online bullying, it is also adults who perpetrate attacks, and as I have said many times, in my experience, online assaults and assassinations by adults are becoming more common.
I think she had every right to not only call this guy out, but to also speak a very heartfelt message to younger people.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of comments about how she is "fat because she eats too much." Where is this said? Who said this? Did she admit to eating too much, or is this another prejudiced, fatist remark. There is much more to obesity than just over-eating or not exercising, I can attest to that.... Perhaps she, like 30% of women has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, or a metabolic thyroid issue? 50% of women with ovarian issues also have insulin resistance, which causes weight gain.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Nailed it..

You see the same thing right here on ATS all day long.

Someone sees something odd and everyone lines up to tell them to go see a doctor.

Hate masquerading as love.

HATE is the new religion.

You are exactly the example I used on a previous page.. LOL Nice..

difference of opinion = HATE..

Tonight is going to be a good night.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

edit on 3-10-2012 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin

Even in that case it is best to be honest. If you lie and they find out then they will say "i thought you said you like this guy...thats not what we heard".

We are amazingly subjective about what we deem acceptable. If this was a smoker being told smoking is no good or you are setting a bad example this would be perfectly acceptable?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

This is a single email from one person who has an unpopular opinion in regard to her size.Not Bullying, hurtful yes, but bulling ..No.

Truth be told some of the best advice I've received in my 49 years has been harshly directed at me. I chose to move forward and make the necessary change.

What you do with this criticism could be a good example of possible success or failure depending on how you react
Perhaps sharing your hurt feelings could be a good thing, but talking to the world about it tells me she is simply trying to find a way to work her story into bully awareness month

In regard to:

A teenager receiving a letter like that could kill themselves.

These are not children we are talking about.

But with children brought up wouldn't they fare better in life with the knowledge that obesity is overtaking smoking in the #1 killer position in America and that it's not acceptable?
edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join