It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
DIdi't michelle obama declare war on fat people??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Yes it was bullying. It was not constructive in any way.

That's because the fool was too dumb to turn her negative emotions towards the issue into positive action to better herself and her community.

The construction was up to her. She failed miserably.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by CallYourBluff

Yes it was bullying. It was not constructive in any way.

Or let me put it this way.

You're black. You should just change your skin color because you aren't a good role model for the kids. You should just quit you job because you can't be a good role model for the kids because you're black.

I'm sorry, but i will just not agree that that is not bullying. There is no difference between that using the word fat in place of black.

You can make the claim that it isn't, but that claim is crap.

It's bullying pure and simple.

If people in media addressed every bit of hate mail there was, we would have 100 channels of hate mail responses. Not a very pleasing entertainment selection.

It wasn't bullying, 1.

It was the husbands fault for posting it on Facebook that it became a public issue, which it shouldn't have been, 2.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

Assuming all obese people are unhealthy is the same assuming that all skinny people are healthy.

It is a stereotype, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777

Originally posted by texasgirl
Someone on here posted that the reason the guy who emailed her probably wouldn't go on a debate with her was because he, too, was probably fat. Sounds reasonable. However, I just saw a photo of this Krause guy and he looks totally fit. I have to say the email was not supposed to be rude, just that he was was concerned, but that it came off as being bullying. I get that he was trying to help and sent her a PRIVATE email (not a public tweet).

She, however, called him out on it and ripped him one on public tv. When I saw it I was embarrassed for her. Not because she's overweight but that she took it upon herself to rake this man over the coals. In my mind she took it too personally and lashed out. It sounds to me like she has a confidence issue and isn't happy with it like she says.

Dana Bash of CNN called her a hero. Why is she a hero? I don't get it. She is a tv personality and is supposed to report the news. And, I hate to say it, but the news is reporting that America is becoming obese. Not a single state, including Colorado, has an obesity rate under 20%. This is an epidemic, people. We need to get it under control. It is not an appearance issue, it is a health issue!
edit on 4-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

Guess what else he is though--an ambulance chaser.And he graduated from a private law school that's not known for being very good or reputable.So--kinda rounds out what kind of person he is,IMO.If he's so frickin' concerned with people who are overweight,maybe he oughts send Chris Christie an email next.

Well, who knows? Maybe he did and we don't know about it because Christie didn't publicize it and retaliate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
She's a classy gal, but the only thing she did wrong was agree with him that there's something wrong with the way she looks. There isn't.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

YOu really think there are healthy obese people??? hahahaahah really?? Do you even know what being Obese does to your body???

you are ignorant .. or obese
edit on 4-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Obesity is not always the person's "fault."

And as for those that are obese due to lifestyle alone.....

Are you advocating that we should dictate what people can and can not do to their bodies as long as what they do is currently legal? Really?

All of these people touting freedom unless it involves food. How convenient.

Right and also they clearly could care less how long her life span is and it is not about "caring" about someone elses health! They don't give a dang about her health!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by Reaching
All hail Jennifer Livingston!

It's what's inside that counts and if everyone would just focus on that the world would be a better place.

The world has gone to hell in a hand basket and it's mainly because we're all so concerned with appearances.

I agree but i don't feel bad for Jen cause the beauty she possesses will never fade but i pity those hateful, shallow individuals who strive so hard to maintain their appearance cause that's all they have and all they will ever be! God help all the shallow and hateful people with their insecurities!

Also I wish people would read what is not "fed" to them! it is about sheep (or lemmings)following the leaders for profit.

"William L. Weis, a management professor at Seattle University, says that the obesity industries, including commercial weight-loss programs, weight-loss drug purveyors and bariatric surgery centers, will likely top $315 billion this year, nearly 3 percent of the overall U.S. economy."

Weight is not a barometer of wellness. More Americans die every year from weighing too little than from weighing too much. An estimated 25,000 people die from obesity. Moderately overweight people live longer than those at normal weight.

"THE TRUTH: We are experiencing mass moral outrage over fat. Nearly all the warnings about obesity are based on statistical conjecture made by those with the most to gain from the claims."

www.bigfatfacts.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman

reply to post by solarjetman

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

There's an old saying:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and you can combine it with:

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Any way, what is making me sick is people are telling her shut the hell up and take it and are berating her for standing up for herself.

It boggles them mind that people think it's okay to insult and berate someone all to hell and back but it's not okay for her to stand up for herself?

What words should she have said?

She shouldn't have said anything?

This is why I hate society and why I believe people are nothing more than a rabid pack of bullies who get off on hurting people.

You have to sit down and let people hurt you all to hell and back. They're only words. How dare you stand up for yourself.

Disgusting.

People have a right to defend themselves and I'll never understand this if somebody just insults and berates you all to hell and back you have to sit down and shut up and take it.

How absolutely disgusting.

This turned into a disgusting thread.

Ummm, okay... not sure where any of this came from, so obviously you didn't read my post correctly. You guys need to stop looking at it like "the other side" is taking extremist stances on this issue. Everyone keeps acting like, "So what, should we just kill all fat people now?" Just because I didn't immediately jump up and down and say "You go girl" doesn't mean I want to send all fat people to FEMA camps. I simply asked one question: What would be a better way for the emailer to have approached her IF his intention was to help out?

My god, what a disgusting question to ask, no??

Should a stranger point out to a gay guy his method of sex can lead to more AIDs? Somethings are NONE of anyone elses business!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Weight is not a barometer of wellness. More Americans die every year from weighing too little than from weighing too much.

Some tend to disagree with your statement:

Obesity is one of the leading causes of preventable death. Complications of obesity include cardiovascular risks, hypertension, dyslipidemia, endothelial dysfunction, type 2 diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance, acanthosis nigricans, hepatic steatosis, premature puberty, hypogonadism and polycystic ovary syndrome, obstructive sleep disorder, orthopedic complications, cholelithiasis and pseudotumor cerebri.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...;jsessionid=53DFDC037E86C0135F6CAC8E5AC1CEC8.d03t01

I made it to the top spot by being a smoker. However, when people bug me about smoking I just tell them to shut up, rather than go on public TV and label them "bullies".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

People are cherry picking about what else the guy said.

The guy also went so far as to say, and I am paraphrasing, is that the fat woman should quit because she's too ugly and scares the kids because of her weight. We want them skinny and beautiful. Fat is just too unpleasant to look at. So get rid of her.

That's what makes it rude. It wasn't just about her weight alone, it was about getting rid of her because she doesn't meet some people's expectations.

That's the part that makes it bigoted.

But people want to ignore that and make it about her and try to turn this into her fault when it isn't.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions, and they always want to blame the other person.

But who cares, right? We all should just conform to what society wants. Society is more important than the individual. We all have to be thin, blue eyed and blond haired. Because that's what sells things and gets things moving.

Fat may not be normal, but who are you to judge? You don't have to like it, but trying to force someone to conform to your standards only makes people miserable. Let people live their own lives as they see fit and worry about your own life and mind your own business.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. I too felt that it wasn't so much about the weight issue that bothered me about the email but it indicating she should quit her job because she's overweight. I noticed a lot of comments on here mentioning that because she's on public TV, she is "impressionable" and has a responsibility to look good on camera. What a load of crap...
[sarcasm] I'm sure millions of viewers out there are thinking to themselves, "oh, it's okay for me to be overweight because she is"...Yeah...[/end sarcasm]

Besides, I thought it was the unrealistic images of very thin seemingly perfect women (think barbie and teen mags) that was the problem in today's society? So much finger pointing nowadays. It's hard to keep up. We forget that we are all responsible for our own actions.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
DIdi't michelle obama declare war on fat people??

Her hubby is in bed with Monsanto's many slippery tentacles and the White House only grows organic food in the garden. Why do you think anything these people say has any merit whatever?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by Reaching
All hail Jennifer Livingston!

It's what's inside that counts and if everyone would just focus on that the world would be a better place.

The world has gone to hell in a hand basket and it's mainly because we're all so concerned with appearances.

I agree but i don't feel bad for Jen cause the beauty she possesses will never fade but i pity those hateful, shallow individuals who strive so hard to maintain their appearance cause that's all they have and all they will ever be! God help all the shallow and hateful people with their insecurities!

Also I wish people would read what is not "fed" to them! it is about sheep (or lemmings)following the leaders for profit.

"William L. Weis, a management professor at Seattle University, says that the obesity industries, including commercial weight-loss programs, weight-loss drug purveyors and bariatric surgery centers, will likely top $315 billion this year, nearly 3 percent of the overall U.S. economy."

Weight is not a barometer of wellness. More Americans die every year from weighing too little than from weighing too much. An estimated 25,000 people die from obesity. Moderately overweight people live longer than those at normal weight.

"THE TRUTH: We are experiencing mass moral outrage over fat. Nearly all the warnings about obesity are based on statistical conjecture made by those with the most to gain from the claims."

www.bigfatfacts.com...

Great find! I had always thought the "obesity epidemic" was a load of bull. Yes, obesity can be unhealthy but there is money riding on this "epidemic", so making it seem worse than it actually is can be a profitable money-making enterprise.

Great read, lots of info I didn't know about in there.

www.bigfatfacts.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio this morning - it's nice to see the video so that I can place a face to the voice. How can anyone complain about her - she's a very good speaker. It's nice to see an on-air personality that is not a bimbo once in a while.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How convenient that this happened during "National Anti-Bullying Month".

It's actually sad that a whole month is needed to address this issue. 31 days. Meanwhile, Black History Month, 28-29 days at the most

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think what's funny about this is because she made such a big stink about a non-issue, the news site and facebook pages related to her have been getting trolled non-stop since the event.

There are hundreds of memes floating around the net with her too.

Basically, this has made a target of what is typically considered actual bullying, but it wasn't because she was overweight she received it, it was because she cried about a non-issue and tried to make it in something it isn't.

This is extremely important for "bully awareness month" as it serves the lesson, sometimes it might look like people are bullied because of their weight, in reality it's because they are morons.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
However, I just saw a photo of this Krause guy and he looks totally fit. I have to say the email was not supposed to be rude, just that he was was concerned, but that it came off as being bullying. I get that he was trying to help and sent her a PRIVATE email (not a public tweet).

There was nothing in that email which showed concern. It was a simple insult.

From my experience, many super fit people HATE the look of overweight people. I'm guessing if he was really concerned with her being a "role model", he would offered constructive suggestions. I can't read his mind but his comments came off as someone who just wanted to express hatred and hurt someone.

People don't change by being insulted. Study after study has shown you don't change behavior by insulting people. If anything this works the opposite.

This guys a lawyer. Lawyers have an ethical duty to the public just as much as a newscaster. What type of example is this guy setting for children?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh, I have a request for anyone who lives around this insulting lawyer.

If anyone ever finds out he has a case in front of a heavy set judge (and trust me there's lots around) or a heavy set juror, let me know.....

It would be fun to watch.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

This guys a lawyer. Lawyers have an ethical duty to the public just as much as a newscaster. What type of example is this guy setting for children?

Lawyers have an ethical duty in their professional capacity while they are working. This was a private message addressed to a certain individual, where said individual made it public by blasting it across facebook and the evening news.

In other words... What the hell are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join