It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC still plays dumb on what causes Fibromyalgia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wrote this thread due to an article I read on Yahoo.com concerning a company called Hemispherx Biopharma, who's shares of stock dropped today because the FDA did not approve their antiviral drug, called Ampligen, for the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.

What caught my eye is the fact that they are trying to develop drugs (this one has been in the pipeline since 2009, more or less) based on the idea that CFS and Fibromyalgia are caused by a virus.
finance.yahoo.com...
www.hemispherx.net...

Note what the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has to say regarding Fibromyalgia:

•Fibromyalgia is a disorder of unknown etiology characterized by widespread pain, abnormal pain processing, sleep disturbance, fatigue and often psychological distress

www.cdc.gov...

So the government is playing dumb with this, in my opinion. "Unknown etiology"???

Since at least the 1980′s, this disease has been dismissed as ‘yuppie flu’, or a psychiatric condition. The CDC has been dismissive of the idea that there was an infectious cause.

… the health agency orchestrated a jocular referendum by mail among a handful of academics to come up with a name for it. The group settled on “chronic fatigue syndrome” — the use of “syndrome” rather than “disease” suggested a psychiatric rather than physical origin and would thus discourage public panic and prevent insurers from having to make “chronic disbursements,” as one of the academics joked.

An 11th-hour plea by a nascent patient organization to call the disease by the scientific name used in Britain, myalgic encephalomyelitis, was rejected by the C.D.C. as “overly complicated and too confusing for many nonmedical persons.”

Had the agency done nothing in response to this epidemic, patients would now be better off. The name functioned as a kind of social punishment. Patients were branded malingerers by families, friends, journalists and insurance companies, and were denied medical care. (It’s no coincidence that suicide is among the three leading causes of death among sufferers.) Soon the malady came to be widely considered a personality disorder or something that sufferers brought upon themselves.

As early as 1991 a researcher found a connection between the condition an retroviruses. Not stopping at mere dismissal, the CDC went on the offensive:

In 1991, Dr. Elaine DeFreitas, a virologist at the Wistar Institute in Philadelphia, found retroviral DNA in 80 percent of 30 chronic fatigue patients. The C.D.C. went so far as to try to replicate her effort, but refused to follow her exacting methods for finding the virus. In addition, the centers’ blood samples became contaminated, and some people at the agency said that administrators ended the research prematurely. Rather than admit any such failure, the C.D.C. publicly criticized Dr. DeFreitas’s findings. That episode had a chilling effect on other researchers in the field, and the search for the cause was largely abandoned for 20 years.

polizeros.com...

One has to ask, why the dismissive attitude at the CDC? Could it be that, as a government agency, they have something to hide concerning this epidemic?

I believe they do. It is my personal opinion, after researching this for years, that the offending little bug is mycoplasma fermentans incognitus, a nasty, man-made germ. Yes, I said it. MAN-MADE.

Mycoplasma - The Linking Pathogen in Neurosystemic Diseases

Several strains of mycoplasma have been "engineered" to become more dangerous. They are now being blamed for AIDS, cancer, CFS, MS, CJD and other neurosystemic diseases.

Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 8, Number 5 (August-September 2001) From our web page at: www.nexusmagazine.com

PATHOGENIC MYCOPLASMA

A Common Disease Agent Weaponised

There are 200 species of Mycoplasma. Most are innocuous and do no harm; only four or five are pathogenic. Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus strain) probably comes from the nucleus of the Brucella bacterium. This disease agent is not a bacterium and not a virus; it is a mutated form of the Brucella bacterium, combined with a visna virus, from which the mycoplasma is extracted.

The pathogenic Mycoplasma used to be very innocuous, but biological warfare research conducted between 1942 and the present time has resulted in the creation of more deadly and infectious forms of Mycoplasma. Researchers extracted this mycoplasma from the Brucella bacterium and actually reduced the disease to a crystalline form. They "weaponised" it and tested it on an unsuspecting public in North America.

Dr Maurice Hilleman, chief virologist for the pharmaceutical company Merck Sharp & Dohme, stated that this disease agent is now carried by everybody in North America and possibly most people throughout the world.

Despite reporting flaws, there has clearly been an increased incidence of all the neuro/systemic degenerative diseases since World War II and especially since the 1970s with the arrival of previously unheard-of diseases like chronic fatigue syndrome and AIDS.

According to Dr Shyh-Ching Lo, senior researcher at The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and one of America's top mycoplasma researchers, this disease agent causes many illnesses including AIDS, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, Crohn's colitis, Type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Wegener's disease and collagen-vascular diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's.

Dr Charles Engel, who is with the US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, stated the following at an NIH meeting on February 7, 2000: "I am now of the view that the probable cause of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia is the mycoplasma..."

I have all the official documents to prove that mycoplasma is the disease agent in chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia as well as in AIDS, multiple sclerosis and many other illnesses. Of these, 80% are US or Canadian official government documents, and 20% are articles from peer-reviewed journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine and the Canadian Medical Association Journal. The journal articles and government documents complement each other.

rense.com...

I could write pages on this, but I will answer questions as they are posted. The government created this monster, let it loose on the population, millions of lives are ruined (mine included), and the CDC still acts like they have no idea as to what is causing it, when it has all the earmarks of being an infection.

Our very lives are under attack. Anybody who knows somebody with CFS or Fibromyalgia can testify that it is as close you can get to being a zombie without dying first....Only, zombies have energy. Those of us who suffer from it do not.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't really talk about it on here, but I gots Fibro, its a bitch to get diagnosed.

I was getting the sun burn pain all over my legs and arms for years, sensitive to clothing, etc, no one could tell me what the hell was wrong with me.

It wasn't till i started getting the Fog (zoning out while staring at the computer) That I got a doc to actually tell me what it could be.

I had a stroke years ago, and I was writing all the extra symptoms to that, the neurological pain is probably the worst part for me, Ill never know when its going to flare up, when it does theirs not much that helps it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

MY guess is I have had it for years along with chronic fatigue syndrome, or are they similar, I have all the symptoms along with the panic disorder and pain which both arose at the same time, can't stand to be touched.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Oddly enough, back in 1999 I got a very quick, definitive diagnosis, because there was something in my bloodwork that was so off, they at first thought it was Lupus. However, the rheumatologist who did the diagnosing was pretty cold about it. "You have fibromyalgia, there is nothing that I can do for you, there is no cure, best of luck, and please pay the receptionist on your way out."

Nobody wants a fibro patient. I gave up on doctors all together when I walked into my doc's office, crying in pain, hands puffy, swollen, and unable to move my fingers, and he rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "So what's wrong with you this time?" I was embarrassed, furious, and never went back.

It was then that I started to research alternative, natural ways to deal with it. I have found some very good supplements, along with an antiviral (a derivative of Cat's Claw), which has enabled me to get most of my life back. I no longer need any pain meds (very rarely, and usually only when I have a headache, almost never for fibro pain), and I rarely have to take to my bed for the day. I spent 3 years in bed on strong hydrocodone, and I wanted to do more than be an invalid.

Feel free to U2U me if you want the full list of what I take. It's not a cure, but it sure helps a great deal.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with FM 25 years ago. I struggled to raise 3 kids with this damn disease... trying to do all the things normal parents do, suffering the whole time. It makes me extremely angry to hear that it's very possibly a virus caused by a man made germ, and that they have ignored any possible cures for it. Thanks for your research, and for posting.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I too have developed an aversion to people touching me, because it usually hurts, it doesn't feel good. I also have the panic disorder, anxiety, and all the other fun things that go along with it. The mycoplasma germ doesn't discriminate as to what tissue or organ it attacks.

CAT-scans of patients show punctate lesions all over the brain, making it a neurological problem as well as a muscular and joint problem. I have lesions in my lungs from this bug. They could turn cancerous.

When one considers that you could stop anybody in the street and ask if they know anybody with fibro, and they will nearly all say YES, the scope of this disease is mind-boggling.

And to think that it all started when we imported Nazi scientists via Operation Paperclip, and they brought along their research with the mycoplasma, to be brought to fruition in the US, released on unsuspecting populations in the US, Canada, and overseas during the first Gulf War (re: Gulf War Illness).

Am I pissed off about this? YOU BET.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 321equinox

I actually had no idea it was man-made, until I read Jim Marrs' 2010 book, "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy". There was a chapter in it about the government creating zombies, and a subchapter on the mycoplasma conspiracy.

I was so shocked and upset. I started to research, now that I had a name for the germ, and I was so angry I made myself even sicker.

They knew what they were doing. Mr. Marrs feels like it is part of their eugenics program.

I had wanted to do a thread on this for such a long time, but there is so much information out there, it was a bit overwhelming. However, when I saw the article today on Yahoo, I just had to post. Too many people are suffering from this and have no idea why.

I also had to raise kids, alone, because after I got sick, my husband bailed, saying he didn't want a sick woman for a wife. I know full well how hard it is to raise kids when you can barely raise yourself out of bed.

I think, if our lives are going to be ruined by this, we deserve to know the truth!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Ive had my own herbal remedy for sometime... but please feel free to send me the list.

I also have had issues with people touching me, I don't like it, even if it doesn't hurt it feels weird, not quite pain.

all around sucks, even when not flaring up.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'll get my list together and send it to you. Keep in mind these supplements aren't cheap, but still cheaper than the doctor who can do nothing for you. I have listed these items before in threads, and was accused of trying to peddle "herbal teas" (there is no tea in my list). I don't peddle anything, I simply have found, over the last 3 years, what works for me and what doesn't.

Fibromyalgia is life-altering, and one is never the same again. Most of us end up living our life online, since real life requires more energy that a lot of us have. I'll bet if I did a survey, there would be a sizeable portion of the ATS population that either has it, or has a family member with it. So many people, all over the world, who are suffering in silence, because we all "look so normal". LOL! We get no pity.

As some doctors have described it, "The good news is, you're not going to die. The bad news is, you're not going to die." That about sums it up!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I must admit I have never heard of this condition, with that said I am sending my best wishes to everyone on this thread that suffers from this horrific ailment.

I found this bit most disturbing in your second link you so kindly provided.
"People with fibromyalgia react strongly (abnormal pain perception processing) to things that other people would not find painful."

I have no idea how you manage with such an ailment, I do not suffer from this, but years ago I had shingles and I wanted to end my life because of the pain and being there is no cure.

Now in your situation it must be hundreds of times worse for everyday mishaps or illnesses.

I have some major medical issues, but fortunately they are not painful.

Thanks for the informative thread and I learned something and then some from your post.

I wish you and your fellow sufferers the best.

S&F and I hope this makes the front page.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 24-9-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As a fellow long-time fibro sufferer, I have no doubt there's probably a viral cause and I'm glad to see pharma is pursuing this direction. I have suspected a viral cause for a long time now.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thanks, Iwinder. Since I no longer have to work (thankfully I have a husband now who is happy to support me, both physically and emotionally), I have plenty of time, not only for research, but also for things like spacing out on TV.

Notice when they have drug commercials for Lyrica, they say that "fibromyalgia is thought to be the result of over-active nerves". Say WHAT?? To simplify it in such a matter always ticks me off. Naturally, they never say what could cause the nerves to register pain.

The mycoplasma invades cells. It can be slowly growing in a person, and usually a stressful event will trigger it, since stress creates corticosteroids, which tells the immune system to "stand down". It invades cells, since it has no cell wall of its own. This is why it is so hard to find in lab tests, it has to be done via DNA sequencing.

It steals the energy created by the mitochondria in each cell. When it's done stealing, it breaks out of the cell, destroying it. The cellular debris floods the blood stream, causing a lot of pain all over the place.. Imagine millions of cells being broken apart as the mycoplasma splits and goes to find another cell. There are only short periods of time when the mycoplasma is not inside a cell, so it's pretty hard to fight.

Thanks for your kind words. And, unfortuately, a healthy person today can become an infected one tomorrow, because it is now everywhere. Pray that you are one of the fortunate people who will never become a victim!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i live with a person with fibor and i can attest to the horid frustration with western medicine that says 'we can do nothingabout this, please pay as you leave the building'....test after teast after test after test come out..'nothing too unusual here' or 'looks normal'...
and the west is suppose to be at the 'pinnicale' of modern help..HA

interesting to hear that it could be viral....hmmm sorta like lyme disease.......gunna keep read

great find

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

Sorry that you have it too!

It does behave like a viral infection. It feels like the worst flu ever, where even the breeze on the skin hurts. Yet the government still pretends like they have no idea what is causing it.

It is a retrovirus like HIV / AIDS. They had no problem admitting that HIV is a virus, but they were quick to say it was due to homosexuals being promiscuous. Because that tended to infect a small, unpopular population, they weren't shy about saying why.

But Fibromyalgia, and all the other fun little autoimmune disorders, they have to pretend that it's nothing....Not only because they have culpability in its creation and spread, but also so that insurance companies don't have to pay out for disability.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the thing is most people have stealth viruses and pathogenic mycoplama infections yet don't know it and sort of get by. the more genetic susceptability you have to each, and the more of each you have, the more ill you are.

we don't really test for that stuff often. you have to seek out the knowledge and.few centers where.you can get tested.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Lyme Disease is also caused by the same type of bug (albeit a sub-type). Apparently, Lyme Disease was tested on Plum Island. The first director of Plum Island was a Nazi, BTW. He came up with the idea of infecting ticks with this germ, and letting them loose on the island to test this particular disease vector.

Unfortunately, the ticks jumped on deer, which were swimming the channel between Plum Island and Lyme, Connecticut, hence the spread there and the naming of the disease.

They have also bred millions of mosquitos in Canada, infected them with the mycoplasma, and set them loose. What did they think was going to happen??

The more research one does, the more horrific the story becomes.

The last person to try and take the government to court over spreading this disease was conveniently killed in a hit and run accident the day before the trial was set to open. There is also a long list of scientists involved with this, who subsequently had a suspicious and premature death.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Exactly. Very few places can properly test for this, as it requires DNA testing, not a simple procedure or litmus test.

Unfortunately, in my family, we have a terrible susceptibility to it. I have it, as does my mother, my brother, my aunt and my two cousins.

You seemed to be informed on this issue, which is rare. Thanks for your input!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I never believed that fibromyalgia was naturally occurring. before I was diagnosed with Celiacs Dr.s were trying to brush my symptoms off as fibromyalgia which led me to do my own research. The Dr.s were very dismissive. aka, here is a sack full of anti-depressants, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers.It was through researching natural treatments for fibromyalgia that I discovered what was actually wrong with me, but I certainly understand the frustration those with fibromyalgia deal with.It doesn't shock me that they don't want people getting better, what does shock me is that there isn't more "false treatment" pills out there being pumped into the population and advertised on t.v. every half hour.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Excellent! You are informed!

There are a few placebos out there that don't do much of anything except make people placid and gain a lot of weight. The two I can think of are Lyrica and Cymbalta. Lyrica is the one marketed specifically for Fibro, Cymbalta is for "depression with pain".

Cymbalta didn't work at all for me, but made me gain 60 pounds of depressing fat, which I had to work like a dog to get back off. I haven't tried Lyrica, because I figured it's similar, and I don't want more weight on me. People with Fibro tend to have trouble with weight gain as the disease progresses (perhaps due to damage to the thyroid or the center of the brain that controls such things).

These drugs are classified as antidepressants. It seems to me they want people to accept their disorder and not find out that there are things that can be done to fight the germ.

There are some people whose doctors put them on Doxycycline, 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off, for a minimum of a year. I won't go that route because of the damage it does to the gut flora. I use a natural antimicrobial (Samento), which is damned effective, but must be taken slowly to avoid herxing (die-off reaction) and hyperactivity. It also kills cold and flu germs. I kid you not.

Look for more drugs to come out that will do little more than help people to accept their situtation, rather than cure it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Iwinder

Notice when they have drug commercials for Lyrica, they say that "fibromyalgia is thought to be the result of over-active nerves". Say WHAT?? To simplify it in such a matter always ticks me off. Naturally, they never say what could cause the nerves to register pain.

In my case (and I've been dealing with this for 25 years now), there's always an injury that sets it off. But then the pain never stops, long after the injury should have healed, and it spreads from the original site. An episode can last months, and in some cases, has lasted years. The way my doctor explained it (and he freely admits nobody really knows what is going on) one theory is that your brain gets stuck in an infinite pain loop. The pain is very real -- it's just that the cause is long gone.

He wanted me to try Lyrica but I said thanks, no thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join