It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC still plays dumb on what causes Fibromyalgia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have a friend who suffers from FM......her daughter who is a teen has it too.

I have a feeling most of these diseases are man made, this woman has been consistantly over medicating her daughter....her daughter was put on 7 new medications in one year (grand total of 15 pills) and in one year this bright average weight, semi ok health child....is a zombie, gained 70lbs, now she has FM, Ovarian cysts, diebeties, a failing kidney.

I have a feeling that medications to some degree perpetuate disorders.....and I'm not above thinking this child was being used as a guinea pig......knowing my friend, she probably had this child shot up with every experimental drug known to man.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

Thank you, that did help and it all made sense.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

your reasoning is far too base to keep up with this thread. catch up, else remain ignorant.

here's one of the main guys you need to research if you're to figure out what major factors are behind connective tissue and mitochondrial/metabolic energy diseases. Dr Garth Nicholson.

edit on 25-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Heavy exercise doesn't work well with Fibro, because for some reason, with this disease, when we exercise hard, our body temps drop, rather than raise, and we get crazy dizzy like we're going to pass out. Yoga, some weights, and light walking are best.

Did you guys notice a low blood pressure, I always run a low blood pressure low heart rate, and low body temperature, along with heart palpitations.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Anyone I've ever known who claims to have this "disease" has been completely, totally, absolutely nuts. Just crazy. Often they have numerous other health issues, especially depression. IMO, it's psychological.

They used to say it was depression, but that has changed,

Crazy is rather harsh, I do suffer from depression, but is the depression the cause or the effect?

hmmmm?

People with clinical depression are not crazy,

Define crazy, there are many levels of insanity, everyone on the planet falls into a category, IMHO,

Like, I think it is crazy for someone to call people crazy, you would have to be pretty cold hearted to flat out attack someones mental stability, what level of crazy does one that does that fit into?

Anyway I am quirky, an odd ball, crazy, free spirited, a rebel,

Hang on having a brain fog moment, there's a word I want to use and I can't seem to find it in my data base, I will post it later,

edit on 083030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 083030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's an adaptation to large energy deficits. Your metabolism slows down.

Basically, light to moderate exercise may be as strenuous on your body as very heavy exercise in someone with less of a burden. So trying to do heavy exercise is just unacceptable for someone with sufficiently damaged energy system.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's entirely possible. But.. it's also entirely possible that you're just crazy.

Well, everyone I ever met who spends time on a conspiracy theory site is just plain nuts with major psychological problems. The amount of time spent is directly correlated to just how nuts they are. I see you have over 13,000 posts. This is all "IMO" of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

It's entirely possible. But.. it's also entirely possible that you're just crazy.

Well, everyone I ever met who spends time on a conspiracy theory site is just plain nuts with major psychological problems. The amount of time spent is directly correlated to just how nuts they are. I see you have over 13,000 posts. This is all "IMO" of course.

Ironic isn't it?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

It's an adaptation to large energy deficits. Your metabolism slows down.

Basically, light to moderate exercise may be as strenuous on your body as very heavy exercise in someone with less of a burden. So trying to do heavy exercise is just unacceptable for someone with sufficiently damaged energy system.

Thank you,

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh here is a recent study, I don't understand all this terminology though,

A recent study suggests that a relationship between inflammation and stress-system dysregulation are an underlying part of fibromyalgia.

Researchers analyzed the blood of 25 women with the condition, along with healthy controls, and found 100% of the fibromyalgia group had markers of an inflammatory state and altered stress response. They say that was demonstrated by high circulating levels of interleukin 8, a major mediator of inflammatory response, and C-reactive protein, which rises in response to inflammation.

Other markers of inflammation and impaired stress response found in a significant number of participants with fibromyalgia include:

High circulation levels of stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine
eHsp72 (a stress-related protein)
Inflammatory cytokines (immune-system regulators that lead to inflammation)
Enhanced activation of neutrophils (which are involved in immune response)

Researchers concluded that there is evidence of inflammatory and stress dysregulated and believe the two are related. However, they state that it's unclear which dysregulation causes the other.

Note: Medically, the term "stress" is used to indicate not only psychological stress, but also physiological stress, such as illness and injury.

A Growing Case for Inflammation
chronicfatigue.about.com...
Opinions have fluctuated as to whether fibromyalgia is an inflammatory disease. Generally, our test results come back normal or showing moderate amounts of inflammation (unless we have another condition causing higher levels.) Also, anti-inflammatory drugs don't tend to alleviate fibromyalgia pain.

However, in the last couple of years, new evidence has come to light that makes it appear that inflammation plays a greater role that previously thought. Now, some research shows that we may have inflammation in the fascia, which is a thin web of connective tissue all throughout the body.

inflammation in the fascia, which is a thin web of connective tissue all throughout the body.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Heavy exercise doesn't work well with Fibro, because for some reason, with this disease, when we exercise hard, our body temps drop, rather than raise, and we get crazy dizzy like we're going to pass out. Yoga, some weights, and light walking are best.

Did you guys notice a low blood pressure, I always run a low blood pressure low heart rate, and low body temperature, along with heart palpitations.

I have always had low blood pressure. Heart rate, as I said earlier, has been super low (marathoner quality) during a flare, even though I am not very fit (I'm skinny with normal BMI, but not fit, since fibro has derailed me in the exercise department). Low body temp: I run one degree low all the time (97).

Heart palpitations: nope. However during flares I've had some scary chest pains, accompanied with tingling in the arm, and near-fainting that sent me to the ER and rounds of cardiologists. I was told "your heart is as healthy as a marathoner" which as I've explained is quite odd because I am so unfit. Ultimately the dx for that was heartburn. Even though I was already on Nexium for that. Because for years my doctor was so sure I must be developing arthritis, he had me on mega doses of some med (can't remember now), which thoroughly trashed my GI system. Then (when my fingers swelled up and turned purple) he gave me another x-ray (again, so sure it was arthritis) ... and it turns out there are zero signs of arthritis.

In my case, the joint pain is not arthritis. It's caused by the myofascia being so tight and inelastic during a flare, it interferes with pain-free movement of my joints.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There is one herb that I've seen some promising results for Fibro and its under major attack by the FDA. You will notice Kratom in the news recently as the new bath salt and street high. Unfortunate we have a bunch of idiots who abuse herbs when they can be so benificial to others. I've been using it for 4 years and have the energy of a teenager. What ever that means now days. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Oh here is a recent study, I don't understand all this terminology though,

A recent study suggests that a relationship between inflammation and stress-system dysregulation are an underlying part of fibromyalgia.

Researchers analyzed the blood of 25 women with the condition, along with healthy controls, and found 100% of the fibromyalgia group had markers of an inflammatory state and altered stress response. They say that was demonstrated by high circulating levels of interleukin 8, a major mediator of inflammatory response, and C-reactive protein, which rises in response to inflammation.

Other markers of inflammation and impaired stress response found in a significant number of participants with fibromyalgia include:

High circulation levels of stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine
eHsp72 (a stress-related protein)
Inflammatory cytokines (immune-system regulators that lead to inflammation)
Enhanced activation of neutrophils (which are involved in immune response)

Researchers concluded that there is evidence of inflammatory and stress dysregulated and believe the two are related. However, they state that it's unclear which dysregulation causes the other.

Note: Medically, the term "stress" is used to indicate not only psychological stress, but also physiological stress, such as illness and injury.

A Growing Case for Inflammation
chronicfatigue.about.com...
Opinions have fluctuated as to whether fibromyalgia is an inflammatory disease. Generally, our test results come back normal or showing moderate amounts of inflammation (unless we have another condition causing higher levels.) Also, anti-inflammatory drugs don't tend to alleviate fibromyalgia pain.

However, in the last couple of years, new evidence has come to light that makes it appear that inflammation plays a greater role that previously thought. Now, some research shows that we may have inflammation in the fascia, which is a thin web of connective tissue all throughout the body.

inflammation in the fascia, which is a thin web of connective tissue all throughout the body.

YES! This is what it is. I was on anti-inflammatory drugs to treat arthritis for years, which my doctor was sure I must be developing. They did nothing for the pain. Then it turned out I did not have arthritis. My joints are perfectly fine.

It's the fascia (myofascia). This is what I was saying earlier: the fascia is like a whole-body wool suit, which is normally flexible and elastic. When in a flare, it's like this wool suit got shrunk in the wash, and it becomes inelastic and inflexible, and makes movement painful. It can be so inelastic, you can get micro-tears in your ligaments, or you can even fracture your bones (I once had a fracture because of this.. that was not fun at all). When in a flare, you can feel the knots all over my body.

The test they use to determine if you have fibro (after ruling everything out) involves touching you in certain trigger points. If you jump off the table in pain enough times, you get a fibro dx.

Fibro massage, as I described earlier, works because it applies gentle pressure to these very same pain points, long enough to release the tension, loosening up the fascia and making it elastic again.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

My wife has had Crohns since high school, was in bad car wreck while going to college that involved head trauma. About 8 or 9 years ago was diagnosed Fibromyalgia as well. Moving up north here in the Dakotas has helped. Something is going on. One other odd thing was during that car wreck she had a ton of blood transfusions. Since then she has tested positive for chronic Mono.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

he had me on mega doses of some med (can't remember now), which thoroughly trashed my GI system. Then

It would be interesting to know what that was.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You've stated that the CDC is covering up this disease. For what purpose? Why would they do it? How is that the vast majority of medical professionals agree that it's not a physical issue? Could it have been weaponized? Sure, it's possible, except that in every other case of theories regarding weaponized viruses there is PROOF that it is indeed a virus. Not so with Fibromyalgia.

Sorry if it offends you. Sometimes the best help someone can get is the truth. Perhaps you should visit a psychiatrist instead of a doc for pain meds.

Pain meds actually have very little effect on this, in my experience. Muscle relaxants, on the other hand, are a god-send. Why is that? Because, as I've been saying, it is a disease/disorder affecting the fascia.

Otherwise, I hate to agree with you since you're being rude, but I agree that it's unlikely CDC is covering this up and that it is caused by a weaponized virus. I would not be surprised if a virus is ultimately found to be the culprit, and there is research being done in this area. The more likely explanation is that they simply have yet to find the virus. That said, I totally understand why someone might go down this conspiracy theory route: it's very frustrating to be in such pain, without an explanation.

And you are plain wrong that "vast majority of medical professionals agree it's not a physical issue." I have an entire team of medical professionals who all agree it is a physical issue -- just one they don't yet know the cause, much less how to treat or cure it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

you can feel the knots all over my body.

Yea mine too, and it has been bad lately, I have these painfully soft tissue knots everywhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sorry if it offends you. Sometimes the best help someone can get is the truth. Perhaps you should visit a psychiatrist instead of a doc for pain meds.

I do have a psychiatrist, and he told me it was physiological along with my panic attacks, my physiological symptoms bring on the panic disorder, and stress was a trigger, all this developed thirty years ago after my mom died

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

he had me on mega doses of some med (can't remember now), which thoroughly trashed my GI system. Then

It would be interesting to know what that was.

I remembered one minute later... it was an anti-inflammatory. I forget which drug, but it is standard-line treatment to slow down arthritis. He put me on it, oh... maybe 15 years ago? I don't fault him; it was a logical assumption I may have been developing arthritis, and the damage wasn't yet showing on the x-rays. I took it for a few years then he took me off of it when I started having massive heartburn, as that can be a side effect. The x-rays then still looked normal. Then I had the issue with my fingers swelling up and turning purple; I also could not extend my fingers, they were all crooked. It looked exactly like what can happen with psoriatic arthritis, which was what he thought I had, which was logical since I've had psoriasis since childhood. So he ran more x-rays... and lo and behold... all my joints are perfectly fine. (I am close to 50 years old... by now I should be showing some joint damage if it was arthritis).

Fibro does feel like joint pain, but it isn't necessarily your joints that are inflamed. As I've been saying, it's an issue with the fascia, which prevents normal joint movement. It is not an issue with your joints and bones. You can, of course, have arthritis AND fibro. But I, personally, don't.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Ah yes, the super-duper "fibro fog", in which you couldn't think your way out of an open paper bag. Not to mention the aphasia, or inability to remember the names of things. So frustrating!

I have U2U'd some individuals as to what I do for my fibro (which is also turned into rheumatoid arthritis, and my joints in my hands are deforming...also quite painful).

Diet alone doesn't do it for me, I have to supplement:

(Note that all these are available on Amazon.com, except for the Ester-c, which can be purchased at a drug store or Wal Mart)

WELLNESS FORMULA by Source Naturals
B-COMPLEX 100 by Solaray
ESTER-C 1000 MG (available at drug stores)
VITAMIN D-3 (BIOACTIVE) by Solaray
TURMERIC FORCE by New Chapter
ZYFLAMEND by New Chapter
WHOLE MEGA FISH OIL by New Chapter
CAL-MAG CITRATE 2:1 RATIO by Solaray

I also use SAMENTO ANTIMICROBIAL liquid by Nutramedix. This helps a lot, but must be started on slowly and then build up to a high doses. Please see: www.turnaroundyourhealth.net...'s-Claw/B61.htm for dosage recommendations and other information.

I pretty much take Samento from September through January, and then take a few months off, and start again. It really helps a lot with pain and exhaustion, I highly recommend it.

Also, cut out sugar, all carbonated beverages, and most grains (especially wheat), which cause inflammation. Exercise when you can (light walking, a little bit of lifting small weights, yoga, etc). You will start to feel better very quickly!

Have you tried adding Selenium?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join